Minor League Ball

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Minor League Ball

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

It's been a while since I've lived in a big league market but I really enjoy catching games in minor league towns. Presently we root for the Salt Lake Bees, AAA affiliate of the Los Angeles Angels. Team is OK to mediocre but they have good food and beer, a shitload of firework nights and one of the best stadium views in the country:

Who do you guys root for?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Re: Minor League Ball

Post by Gritt »

We are getting a minor league in my city this year. I'm excited because it's good fun and inexpensive entertainment for the family.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

I try to catch as many as I can. Unfortunately with the price MLB games ( especially if the team is popular ) the ticket prices are insane.

I'm unmarried and childless so I'm unaffected, but I have friends that aren't and it sickens me they can't go to a lot of games, because of the prices now. It's wrong.

I'm gonna try to catch a Sacramento game this year. Depends on if my school schedule will allow. They just became an SF affiliate, but even before the recent success of the Giants those games were always packed. They were an A's farm team and those fuckers always have a good AAA.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

You haven't been to a league champion Hillsboro Hops game yet? :lol:

I saw the Rivercats play last year. Michael Taylor hit a monster HR. Had no idea they switched affiliations.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Major league boredom.

Although to be fair the only minor league game I've been to was on Coney Island (they were giving out free tix on boardwalk) and we left after an inning. The rollercoaster looked like more fun.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:You haven't been to a league champion Hillsboro Hops game yet? :lol:

I saw the Rivercats play last year. Michael Taylor hit a monster HR. Had no idea they switched affiliations.
I've only been to a few, but I think the stadium/atmosphere/experience can't be topped. I enjoyed the hell out of myself. My schedule just wouldn't allow more.

Sacramento just became SF's team in like November, maybe. The A's are fucked because the Giants squash everything they try to do. Although to be fair the new commish said getting them a stadium that's not a literal shit hole is on the itinerary....after he's done trying to change the rules of the game.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Major league boredom.

Although to be fair the only minor league game I've been to was on Coney Island (they were giving out free tix on boardwalk) and we left after an inning. The rollercoaster looked like more fun.
You should change your name to Nancy. Aren't you embarrassed to admit you left after
1 inning of a game so you could ride the rollercoaster?
How many licks of the lollipop did your boyfriend give you while riding the rollercoaster
:roll:
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Charlotte Knights

Facedown

Post by Facedown »

I've been to a few Spinners (Single A Red Sox) games.
Usually a good time.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Lot of minor league parks are basically a place to go hang out with you family, have a picnic and take the kids to the playground. Oh, and there just happens to be a baseball game going on.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

I went to an Arkansas Travellers game in 2011.
Nice little park. Good fun.

Saw some guy called Mike Trout.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

demolition23 wrote:
Saw some guy called Mike Trout.
I remember hearing about that guy. He's an OF right? I know he's young and has potential, but Seattle took Dustin Ackley over him. Sometimes when you get to the majors the competition is so tough they just don't become the superstars the org hoped they would.

I was talking about Dustin Ackley.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

I love baseball but I also recognize that if you don't have a rooting interest it's boring as fuck. That's the problem I have with minor league games - even if the team is an affiliate of my team, it just doesn't matter to me if they win or lose. That said, I'm in an area rife with minor league teams. Within easy driving distance for me are the Inland Empire 66ers (Angels), Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (Dodgers), High Desert Mavericks (Rangers), Lake Elsinore Storm (Padres), and the Lancaster Jethawks (Astros). Despite the lack of rooting interest my family enjoys the minor league games because they try so hard to entertain you outside of the game. I make it to at least a few 66ers games every season.

Edit and PS: none of the above-mentioned teams have a good stadium view. The high desert is harsh.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

We have the Tigers Class A team, the West Michigan Whitecaps. I'll catch a couple of games a year. I enjoy them, the family finds baseball boring.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:It's been a while since I've lived in a big league market but I really enjoy catching games in minor league towns. Presently we root for the Salt Lake Bees, AAA affiliate of the Los Angeles Angels. Team is OK to mediocre but they have good food and beer, a shitload of firework nights and one of the best stadium views in the country:

Who do you guys root for?
The longest HR I've ever seen was towards the end of "Eddie Murray's" career, he was with the Dodgers down on the farm working out an injury. In that picture down left center field is a yellow Building. He blasted it over the outfield wall, over the concession stand, then well over the fence well beyond the building and out the field rolling to the sidewalk....If you think about it the next time you're there, it's unimaginable.
I can't begin to calculate the distance. The wind was blowing out that day but words can not describe watching it sail over my head, I thought it was all mine but it kept going and going and going.............

I like the stadium but since the Dodgers were realigned and bounced out of the league I take the trip up north to watch the Raptors.
I haven't been the "The Orem Owlz" since they left Provo, but that's another park if you're interested. I highly recommend The Ogden Raptors, beautiful park with a fantastic view, it's a Dodgers affiliate who bought out the Brew Crew a few years back. Prince Fielder blasted through that park.
Either way, you have too take a trip to Ogden and absorb a Raptors game. I personally prefer it over the Bee's......
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

St Lucie Mets. Love seeing the minor league teams. Always a blast and the St Lucie Mets are usually pretty decent.

Of course, I'm a Cubs fan for MLB and reserve the right to sell out on the Mets whenever a Cubs farm team comes to town...
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Ratt..we have this thing called "Pass of all Passes" that gets us into all kinds of family things and sporting events. The passes get us free tickets to both the Ogden and Orem teams. I definitely plan on seeing both this year.
Bassmaster1984
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Bassmaster1984 »

Love minor league baseball. AA is the best. Kids are the hungriest.
"You just pick a chord, go twang, and you've got music." Sid Vicious
choppersauce
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by choppersauce »

Love Triple A baseball. We used to go see the Buzz in SLC.
10 bucks a family back in the day! I would bring my brothers kids and neighbor kids.
In Utah they wouldn't question how many kids you have!
I may not have sold a lot of records, but Ive sold a lot of beer.