Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: Anyone else excited for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

Post by Machado »

Sooners at Ohio State this Saturday.
Prime time game on ABC. Should be a great game with a lot of playmakers
on the field, premier athletes and a few thousand in the stands watching :lol:
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Biggest upset ever will be in Tuscaloosa saturday
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Frett_Bored
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Frett_Bored »

JT Barrett has actually regressed as a QB.

OSU may lose a few more games if they don't wake up.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Great great win for the young coach and even better than that I can celebrate on my own on here now that the big dummy is gone. It's already shaping up to be a most enjoyable amount of time. Now If we could just draw Bludgeon closer to the light he might come to his senses also and see the errors in his way and decide to burn all that Dallas Cowboy crap and get himself some cheap sunglasses.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

LAglamrocker wrote:Biggest upset ever will be in Tuscaloosa saturday
Hows that working out for you? You sound an awful lot like FSU`s President when he predicted that "we`re gonna beat Alabama pretty bad"....and yet they didnt, and they lost their starting QB for the season....

Alabama`s first real test after FSU comes when they play Ole Miss...
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

The LSU honeymoon with Ed Orgeron is officially over.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

BodyBagz wrote:
LAglamrocker wrote:Biggest upset ever will be in Tuscaloosa saturday
Hows that working out for you? You sound an awful lot like FSU`s President when he predicted that "we`re gonna beat Alabama pretty bad"....and yet they didnt, and they lost their starting QB for the season....

Alabama`s first real test after FSU comes when they play Ole Miss...

exitflagger wrote:The LSU honeymoon with Ed Orgeron is officially over.
I really like that guy just from the way he talks. That gruff voice just screams out old school. I thought he got the shaft at USC and was glad to see him get this job but maybe he's one of those types who are best at coordinators position.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Fucking Longhorns. That defense was outstanding and they looked like a championship caliber team for a good chunk of the night. It wasnt even the 2 big plays they gave
up that cost them. The QB keeper they ran over and over again is what lost the game. It wasn't effective at all - Stop fucking calling it! Plus he runs with the speed and grace of my grandfather and he's been dead for 17 years. Then your at the 1yd line in OT and he loses the fucking ball. Put the goddamn ball in the RB's hands instead of butterfingers Mcgee.

Baylor are a lost cause. Vanderbilt should be ranked this week. Great win. Not sure about LSU at this point. We'll know more when SEC play starts. Same with the Aggies.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Artemis2085 wrote:Not sure about LSU at this point.
Not sure exactly HOW BAD they suck? :lol:
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

cantstopthemusic wrote:
I'm not going to say they suck. It's still early and the truth will come out about LSU and A&M once SEC play starts.

I really want someone to knock Nick Satan down a peg. Right now it looks like MS State has the best chance. Otherwise the SEC is having a lame duck season in terms of quality on the field.
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Man, Georgia looking like the real deal tonight!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Vols just got embarrassed by Georgia today!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Nevada doesn't stand a chance tonight
Let Kaepernick QB tonight
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Artemis2085 wrote:
cantstopthemusic wrote:
I'm not going to say they suck. It's still early and the truth will come out about LSU and A&M once SEC play starts.
Final (AT Death Valley):

Troy 24 LSU 21

You were saying?

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/look-dea ... ymied-troy
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

LSU's fucked. They paid almost a million dollars for Troy for a rent a win game and it wasn't really even as close as the score indicates.

If Ed makes it through the season without getting fired it'll be a fucking miracle.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

exitflagger wrote:LSU's fucked. They paid almost a million dollars for Troy for a rent a win game and it wasn't really even as close as the score indicates.

If Ed makes it through the season without getting fired it'll be a fucking miracle.
It'll be an even bigger miracle if Butch Jones makes it through the season after the shitshow Tennessee put on against Georgia yesterday.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

cantstopthemusic wrote:
Artemis2085 wrote:
cantstopthemusic wrote:
Final (AT Death Valley):

Troy 24 LSU 21

You were saying?

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/look-dea ... ymied-troy
:lol:

I stand corrected sir. I think Ed makes it through the season but LSU has a long way to go, although not as long as Baylor (seriously wtf was THAT).

Really proud of the Aggies. Lot of good stuff to take away from the win. Mond, Ford all played exceptional. But that won't matter next Saturday.
Professional Hater
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

The SEC is a shitshow of a conference this season. The Crimson Tide and Auburn in the West and Georgia and Tennessee in the East are the only shining lights at this juncture in the season.

Florida is barely even there, relying on miracles and fluke plays in 2 games for wins, and getting their best win so far against a team that was completely demoralized the weekend before by the juggernaut that is #1 Alabama. Florida has a ton of work to do still, and they just lost DelRio at QB, so now Franks has to do all the heavy lifting. Add in all the BS about the illegal activity and 10 students under charges, and it makes for a tough season on and off the field for the Gators.

Georgia is on a roll, and seem to only be getting better...they should be a shoe-in for the SEC East title. Kirby Smart has adapted the Bulldogs to be as near a copy of the Crimson Tide as you can get in only 2 full seasons. Bulldogs are 2 deep at just about every position, Offense and Defense...and depth is something you have to have to be successful. QB Fromm is coming into his own, even with Eason still being viable...and you have Chubb and Michel in the backfield..and they are producing.

The Auburn Tigers...what a fucking train wreck they are, and yet somehow, they persevere anyway. The early loss to Clemsom seemed to light a small fire, but it was really the Mercer game where things started to actually burn. Gus has settled on Stidham a QB, and even though Clemson sacked him 11 times, he still came back. He has now gotten better in the pocket, staying a tad longer to let the plays develop before dropping out and taking a loss. Pettway and Johnson are dangerous on the ground when the Defense is fresh, let alone when they start getting tired. I think the Iron Bowl will be the Tigers and the Tides toughest games this season.

The Alabama Crimson Tide, are doing what the Tide seemingly does every year for the last almost decade...winning. But, there is an air about this squad, they are playing better this year than last year, and they went to the National Championship last year, and were mere seconds away from winning. This team "looks" better than last years team in several areas:
1) QB Jalen Hurts - He has finally started to look and act like he is leading the #1 team in the nation each time he hits the field, with confidence. Like Stidham at Auburn, Hurts has also started to let plays unfold before bolting and trying to force a QB run...I think a lot of that is Daboll, but some has to come from the QB himself. His passing has also gotten more consistent and seems his accuracy has improved as well. I chalk some of this improvement to having Tua Tagovailoa as his back-up and "sparring partner".
2) Ground attack and Air attack - The RQ squad is just plain ugly/mean this year with Damien Harris, Bo Scarbrough, Najee Harris and Josh Jacobs all getting carries. The WR corps has several guys who are playmakers, Calvin Ridley, Robert Foster, Jerry Jeudy and Cam Sims.
3) QB Tua Tagovailoa - Just the fact he is there and is an actual good QB means Alabama has something available in the arsenal that hasnt been there in the past, a full-on prepared back-up. He has been fortunate to get some great playing time so far in all games. He is a threat.

LSU - sucking balls, but Coach O isnt going anywhere this year. The Regents will give him at least 3 years to produce.
Tennessee - I dont see Butch Jones lasting this full season. That Florida game was tragic, the UMAss game was abysmal even for a win, and that Georgia game was inexcusable...and they still have Alabama, LSU and Vandy on schedule....not good for the Vols.
Ole Miss - Not sure if their "interim" coach will get to stay after this season, or if they will keep him until after the NCAA Investigation is ver and then go after a more high profile Head Coach.
Vandy - It looked like Vandy was on their way to a great season, and then, they hit The Wall, and they havent recovered yet.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

San Jose State better practice extra hard this week..red wave is coming

Pac 12 has most fun teams to see
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Anyone catch that Oklahoma/Iowa State upset? Crazy! The Georgia 'Dawgs are still on a roll, too. They're well on track to take the SEC East.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

dmbrocker wrote:Anyone catch that Oklahoma/Iowa State upset? Crazy! The Georgia 'Dawgs are still on a roll, too. They're well on track to take the SEC East.
I watched that game and it was really something. That #7 kid may have just entered himself into the Heisman race. Dudes a fucking football player if I ever saw one.

I think the Aggies beat FLA this Saturday. They'll beat MS State the following game.

And I think Texas has a good shot this weekend, but Oklahoma are going to come into this one pissed off. That's a bit scary.
Professional Hater
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

New Mexico an asskicking is coming..lameass c*nts
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Week 7...it should be a blast... 8) 8) 8)

#1 Alabama takes on Arkansas...in Tuscaloosa. The Razorbacks are struggling hard this year; Bret Bielema is just games away from being shoehorned out the door, and ya cant blame the Arkansas AD. The Razorbacks are 0-10 against Alabama since Nick Saban has taken over. Alabama will be coming into this game off a truly ugly win down in Texas against A&M...they should be out for blood and looking to run roughshod all over Arkansas and restore the validity of their #1 poll position.
My prediction, #1 Alabama 42 vs Arkansas 28

#2 Clemson gets to lay waste to the Syracuse Orange. Unfortunately, Syracuse doesnt have anything of substance to offer up as far as real opposition to the the TIgers rolling over them in this game. Thats not to say Clemson cant stumble on their own...Bryant is not Deshaun Watson...he doesnt scramble quite as well.
My prediction, #2 Clemson 45 vs Syracuse 24

#3 Penn State is on a Bye this week, which will give Saquon Barkley either some well deserved rest, or the chance to see if he can score while faking a punt! Dude seriously, this guy is a beast! When you add in Trace McSorley at QB, theres no reason why Penn State cant continue to run amok in the Big 10.

#4 Georgia welcomes Missouri to the Dog Pound, and its most likely going to be a bad day in Athens for the Tigers. Kirby Smart has taken everything he learned under Saban and put it to use in his 2nd year at Georgia...the results dont lie. Georgia is 6-0 going into this game, #1 in the SEC East, and the only real contests for them left is maybe #10 Auburn and Kentucky..and both of those are slim chance games. Georgia will basically have to implode, lose Jake Fromm and not have Eason ready to come back, or lose Chubb or Michel...outside of that, it should be easy money to the SEC Championship.
My prediction, #4Georgia 42 vs Missouri 17

#5 Washington Huskies will continue their roll in the PAC 12 with a decent win against Arizona State. The Huskies are chomping at the bit to move up and get back to the CFP and see if they can redeem their semi-final loss from last year. QB Jake Browning doesnt seem to have lost anything from last year, and his RB`s and Receivers are there in clutch plays to put scores on the board. This should go as planned for the Huskies.
My prediction, #5 Washington 48 vs Arizona State 24

Shits and Giggles games...these I have predicted to have "upset" wins, these go against what others have predicted...

#10 Auburn Tigers head into Death Valley to meet the LSU Tigers, and it could turn into a true SEC slobberfest...low scoring, defense driven, in your backfield all night football. With Auburn notoriously bad at LSU, and Pettway nursing a continuing issue on his ankle/leg and LSU having a bit of life pumped back into them after last weekends win, Auburn could go down swinging. Auburn has been up and down from the start of the season, and they have played considerably better each week for the most part, but LSU is having to play now just to get a winning SEC season, and thats a dangerous team.
My prediction, #10 Auburn 21 vs LSU Tigers 24...and this could go OT....

#11 Miam Hurricanes get to tussle with the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, and this could be game that has the potential to derail Miami`s new found confidence. GT will come into this game with a chip on their shoulder. If GT can take Miami down, it opens the ACC Coastal back up for GT to get a possible bid instead of Miami if Miami falters later against either Notre Dame or Virginia Tech. I expect this game to be one of the better games this weekend.
My Prediction, #11 Miami 31 vs Georgia Tech 34

All my picks for the AP Top 25 are linked below on Imgur...I will do picks and the actual scores/results all the way until the CFP Poll starts, then it will be the CFP Top 10 predictions...
BodyBagz AP Top 20 Predictions for Week 7
Weeks 1 - 6, Predictions & Results
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

I am absolutely perplexed by those last two predictions!

But I do agree with you about Vandy. My Vanderbilt Commodores are a better team than the scores indicate. It's just as if they run out of gas headed in halftime and can't finish. I think like A&M put up a pretty good fight on Saturday, but there just no stopping Nick Satan, Alabama or Satan's wife Paul Finnebeaum. And GT over Miami??

Oklahoma shown where they're vulnerable. Texas is having major issues offensively but the defense has been pretty fine. I'd love to say Texas 34- OK 31, but I'm already preparing myself for the massive letdown.
Professional Hater
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Artemis2085 wrote:I am absolutely perplexed by those last two predictions!

But I do agree with you about Vandy. My Vanderbilt Commodores are a better team than the scores indicate. It's just as if they run out of gas headed in halftime and can't finish. I think like A&M put up a pretty good fight on Saturday, but there just no stopping Nick Satan, Alabama or Satan's wife Paul Finnebeaum. And GT over Miami??

Oklahoma shown where they're vulnerable. Texas is having major issues offensively but the defense has been pretty fine. I'd love to say Texas 34- OK 31, but I'm already preparing myself for the massive letdown.

Yeah, my upset picks are totally against the grain compared to all the professionals out there. But, I did see a write up today that gave a 3 point win over Miami to GT, so I dont think Im that far off in my thinking on that game. The Auburn vs LSU on the otherhand, is strictly not what everyone out there has picked..everyone else has Auburn at 14 over...but I just think LSU is hungrier after the Troy loss and the barely won Florida game...it really can go either way...

Oklahoma vs Texas will should be great, and there is a very good shot of Texas coming out the winner...if Mayfield loses his "game command" like he did this past weekend. However, if he is the normal Mayfield, Texas is likely struggling to keep up scoring wise...
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

And #2 Clemson just got out-played by Syracuse and fall 27 - 24.... :shock:
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

BodyBagz wrote:And #2 Clemson just got out-played by Syracuse and fall 27 - 24.... :shock:
:shock: What?!

I was watching that game. That fake punt play was atrocious. I came outside to smoke and Sludge on my phone and now it's over? Whoa.

The SEC is officially wide open now. Me and my uncle were just talking about this today. How we felt A&M had a shot at beating Clemson but Clemson would most likely be in Atlanta come January. Wow. This should give everyone a shot in the arm for sure.
Professional Hater
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Artemis2085 wrote:
BodyBagz wrote:And #2 Clemson just got out-played by Syracuse and fall 27 - 24.... :shock:

I was watching that game. That fake punt play was atrocious. I came outside to smoke and Sludge on my phone and now it's over? Whoa.

The SEC is officially wide open now. Me and my uncle were just talking about this today. How we felt A&M had a shot at beating Clemson but Clemson would most likely be in Atlanta come January. Wow. This should give everyone a shot in the arm for sure.
WAIT....WHAT?????

I'm a HUGE Gamecock fan. My sister and bro-inlaw went there. YES!!!!! Didn't watch. Assumed it'd be a slaughter. Don't fuck with me. Going to ESPN.com now.

Gamecocks vs Tennessee tomorrow!!!!! 12 pm on ESPN.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Artemis2085 wrote:

Yep...it wasnt pretty, but it damn sure was enough...

The SEC right now is really a 3 legged race...Alabama and Auburn in the West and Georgia in the East. If Georgia beats Auburn first, then its a better shot for Alabama when the Iron Bowl rolls around. Then it will be Alabama vs Georgia for the SEC Championship and the winner is guaranteed a CFP berth.

Heres the shit kicker thats going to piss A LOT (everyone not either an Alabama, Georgia or SEC fan) of people off...what if Penn State loses to Ohio State or Michigan State...and falls. Georgia continues to win out, and makes it all the way in the CFP POll to #2...Alabama wins out and stays at #1....and the 2 of them meet at the SEC Championship...regardless of who wins, the CFP is likely to give BOTH teams a CFP berth...especially if #3 and #4 are 1 loss teams with weaker SOS, or even a no loss PAC 12 team with no losses.... :shock: :? :lol:
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Oh yeah...tune in this Washington State vs Cal game...its turning into quite the damn game for a late Friday night.... :D