**OFFICIAL Association Football 2016/2017 Season thread**

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: **OFFICIAL Association Football 2016/2017 Season thread**

Post by Hellsinkey »

pieceofme wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:34 pm Liverpool fans are the worst. I hope Liverpool win nothing. That even means hoping Man City and Pep win the title. Man, what a terrible season.
This.
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

pieceofme wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:39 pm
ShearMagic wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:24 pm Didn't get my wish for the final. Hopefully Spurs wins the final just because they have never won anything.
Did you mean to type recently?

Because Spurs have won two league titles, eight FA Cups, four League Cups, seven FA Community Shields, one European Cup Winners' Cup and two UEFA Cups.

Yeah, they haven't won anything. :roll:

They have 8 FA cups (joint with Chelsea) which is only behind Arsenal and Manchester United.
Recently was exactly what I meant. I know they have won lots of trophies over the years but it seems they have been so close so many times but haven't been able to catch the big one as Liverpool in a similar situatian won UCL in 2005.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

ShearMagic wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:18 am
pieceofme wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:39 pm
ShearMagic wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:24 pm Didn't get my wish for the final. Hopefully Spurs wins the final just because they have never won anything.
Did you mean to type recently?

Because Spurs have won two league titles, eight FA Cups, four League Cups, seven FA Community Shields, one European Cup Winners' Cup and two UEFA Cups.

Yeah, they haven't won anything. :roll:

They have 8 FA cups (joint with Chelsea) which is only behind Arsenal and Manchester United.
Recently was exactly what I meant. I know they have won lots of trophies over the years but it seems they have been so close so many times but haven't been able to catch the big one as Liverpool in a similar situatian won UCL in 2005.
Fair enough. Their recent history (premier league era) is lacking. For all the hype about Spurs and Poch, they do need to win something. Hopefully it is the Champions League this season!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Phew. Liverpool didn't win the premier league.

Now come on you Spurs!

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

At first I thought these notions were ridiculous, but maybe it really is time that the top 16 in Europe make up their own super rich elite league and leave the national championships. England is the only country with any sort of competition at the top, but nobody needs the likes of Juve, PSG, Bayern at home. Just take over the Champions League altogether and invent some other stupid international cups where they can train or whatever. I don't know why people even go to season games anymore. You're just hoping for the crazy upset once in a bluemoon while further funding the elite clubs.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:50 am At first I thought these notions were ridiculous, but maybe it really is time that the top 16 in Europe make up their own super rich elite league and leave the national championships. England is the only country with any sort of competition at the top, but nobody needs the likes of Juve, PSG, Bayern at home. Just take over the Champions League altogether and invent some other stupid international cups where they can train or whatever. I don't know why people even go to season games anymore. You're just hoping for the crazy upset once in a bluemoon while further funding the elite clubs.
My interest in the game has definitely faded. 90s was the peak for me.

Drunk Kennedy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Drunk Kennedy »

conte with tottenham has been absolute magic! what a come back vs lecister yesterday.

CYOS!!!!

(somebody had to bump this above 'the occasional cricket thread").
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Yeah, disappointed United didn't sack Ole earlier and get Conte before Spurs.

I expect it to all go south at Spurs though because Conte will struggle to get money out of Levy, and then he will throw his toys out of his pram and quit.
Drunk Kennedy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Drunk Kennedy »

you good sir, have proven to know shite about footy! :D

the spurs are LOADING up this offseason!!

bissouma, forster and perisic, under conte - should immediately put the spurs in champions league next year - but if they are able to add richarlison, eriksen, and possibly others!?!? :shock:

meanwhile ten hag and man u have done fuck all. :o

cant wait for the season to get here! :!:
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

The expectations for the coming season are at an all time low for me. I hope Ten Hag gets to freely do what he wants.