30 For 30: Tommy Morrison

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

30 For 30: Tommy Morrison

Post by Artemis2085 »

Saw this last night and wow...it's one of the darker episodes. I highly recommend it.

His brother reveals how he got HIV which is a batshit story in itself. And a tryst or two with men is hinted at as well.

And you'll loathe his final wife. She had him convinced that he didn't have HIV, it was all a hoax, and eludes to a crooked athletic commission paid off by an opponent to inject him with tainted blood.

It's streaming on the ESPN app. A must watch. It's right up there with The U, Pony Excess and Marcus Dupree: The Best That Never Was.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Re: 30 For 30: Tommy Morrison

Post by Blumpkin King »

Need to see it. Watched Year of The Scab last week. Was great. Can't believe that those guys didn't get a ring from the owners. So Shitty.
Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Artemis2085 »

Blumpkin King wrote:Need to see it. Watched Year of The Scab last week. Was great. Can't believe that those guys didn't get a ring from the owners. So Shitty.
Totally forgot about that one! That one was superb as well. Those guys got fucked. And Joe Gibbs saying he didnt think they deserved a ring was shitty. When you come in under those circumstances, and beat 3 straight division teams to win the division title which leads to a Super Bowl title, yeah...you deserve a goddamn ring.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Post by HeavyMetalZombie666 »

Artemis2085 wrote:Saw this last night and wow...it's one of the darker episodes. I highly recommend it.

His brother reveals how he got HIV which is a batshit story in itself. And a tryst or two with men is hinted at as well.

And you'll loathe his final wife. She had him convinced that he didn't have HIV, it was all a hoax, and eludes to a crooked athletic commission paid off by an opponent to inject him with tainted blood.

It's streaming on the ESPN app. A must watch. It's right up there with The U, Pony Excess and Marcus Dupree: The Best That Never Was.
He was good at acting and boxing. It is a shame he bought into the HIV hoax crap.
fret123
Headlining Clubs

Post by fret123 »

Great documentary....sad story. I used to love watching his fights as much as I loved watching Tyson's, because they both actually FOUGHT, and made for entertaining, exciting fights. Morrison went for the kill every time out, a risky strategy that ended up costing him, but still, the guy was a warrior and I had huge respect for him. He was a great heavyweight, no matter what anybody thought of him. He competed in one of the best eras in heavyweight history and was a top 5 guy for years. He had awesome punching power and accuracy and technique and also had good footwork and moved well for a big man. His downfall was again his kill or be killed style, and he didn't take a punch well, but he was tough as hell. The heavyweight division lost a lot of character and excitement when his career was prematurely ended. He was one of the best in a great chapter of heavyweight history.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

His left hook was his calling card and a fucking CANNON to boot. Money and ego took Tommy down that all to familiar boxing path, come in with nothing, have it all, leave with nothing. It’s sad yet predictable, he seemed like he had a good heart and grew up in a tough environment. I remember his last few years and him trying to schedule these rather unsactioned bouts just to get a pay day, it was weird, everyone including Tommy knew he had HIV/AIDS.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch