The XFL is back?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The XFL is back?

Post by NeverSurrender »

This league has one realoy great idea.

Players go to the team in the state the played college ball in or the team closest to that school. Utah loled but those Alabama fans will show up in Birmingham to watch Trent Richardson play. Not to mention he grew up near me and it's about a 4 hour drive to Birmingham. Great idea.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

FullDJacket wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:12 pmHeh how many Utah Jazz hats do you own?

You're probably right. I was thinking that maybe the same person or the same team designed all these logos.

I wouldn't wear a JAZZ hat for charity.

It looks like Staples or Kinko's designed the logo with MS Paint.....They struck a deal with Starter and Lids for their uniforms and apparel.

Average AAF salary is $75,000

Watched an interview, Michael Vick of all teams is the OC for Atlanta.......He went onto say Johnny Manziel will make it back to the NFL. The wide open game in Canada it's perfect for Manziel it's possible he could be ok up north.....In the NFL, never.

-------------------------------
NeverSurrender wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:05 amPlayers go to the team in the state the played college ball in or the team closest to that school. Utah loled but those Alabama fans will show up in Birmingham to watch Trent Richardson play. Not to mention he grew up near me and it's about a 4 hour drive to Birmingham. Great idea.
Ya I liked that approach as well, it works good in several ways.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

UtahRatt wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:48 am Watched an interview, Michael Vick of all teams is the OC for Atlanta.......He went onto say Johnny Manziel will make it back to the NFL. The wide open game in Canada it's perfect for Manziel it's possible he could be ok up north.....In the NFL, never.
yeah, he needs some work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL-zE4Uc0m0
https://www.cfl.ca/players/johnny-manziel/159315/
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:00 amyeah, he needs some work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL-zE4Uc0m0

:lol:
Hamilton demolished Manziel in his first game, welcome to the CFL! That made my day....He's such a waste.
I like when he said "that's the most pic's I've had in a game and it's humbling" He's such a prissy boy it's not about the game he'll never be humble until he's completely broke....You'd think he'd come back to earth by now.

Not a strong draft but you can go into the late rounds and see all the QB's still playing.
Bortles
Derek Carr
Teddy Bridgewater
Jimmy Garoppolo
AJ McCarron

I noticed most of the QB's from that 2014 draft are still in the NFL with a remaining few in the AAF...Then you have Johnny Hot Tub learning to speak French.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Well, the AAF had a solid opening weekend.

Nice to see football where the refs aren't the focal point again.
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

Quality of football of the upstart leagues in my TV viewing lifetime(AFL merged with the NFL when I was 3, never watched the WFL.)

1 USFL - Hated Donald Trump while watching this great league fold.
2 UFL - A shame. This was good football.
3 NFL Europe - Germany carried 5 of the 6 teams before Goodell axed it. Then Goodell forces London down our throat.
4 AAFL - premature ranking
5 XFL - Started too soon then pulled the plug too soon. Actually had a chance.
6 World League of American Football - The first quarter assed effort by the NFL to act like they care about the fans and player development. First sign of no profit . . . buh-bye.

Not sure where I would put the CFL and Arena Football as they have different size fields and different rules. Also the CFL has been around long before I was born.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I'm seeing very positive reviews from fans, which are the only opinions I need.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Watched the Atlanta/Orlando game.

It was okay, but after a long, disappointing NFL season, I've had enough football for a while. On Sunday, I watched the golf at Pebble Beach. :|
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Tenacious_Dio wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:58 pm Watched the Atlanta/Orlando game.

It was okay, but after a long, disappointing NFL season, I've had enough football for a while. On Sunday, I watched the golf at Pebble Beach. :|
I no longer watch the NFL.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Started watching the San Diego Fleet vs. San Antonio Commanders game then got busy....What little I did see was some good defensive football from solid tackling to pressuring the QB...Even with the lame rule only 5 rushers at a time. It's nice to watch players give it their all.

For a start up quality Guards and QB's will be in short supply but there's enough talent out there to fill in the rest of a team. They're gonna have to scheme or get lucky with a QB to avoid some of that, I'll hold final thoughts till I get to watch a few games.

It's said they pulled into close to 30,000 at the gate.....Good for them. I want to see this league stick around but I have to admit I'm not a fan of some of the "protecting player rules".

Haven't picked a team, figured

Trent Richardson still can't run, 2TD's or not he averaged more TD than YPC.........I figured Birmingham and Orlando would lead the league with how they set up localized drafting...Not surprising they destroyed week one.

Birmingham has the best logo.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

NeverSurrender wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:05 am This league has one realoy great idea.

Players go to the team in the state the played college ball in or the team closest to that school. Utah loled but those Alabama fans will show up in Birmingham to watch Trent Richardson play. Not to mention he grew up near me and it's about a 4 hour drive to Birmingham. Great idea.
This rule really helped the Leafs and Canadiens and screwed the Rangers really hard back in the day.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Well, that would make sense in a sport that was 100 percent Canadian at the time.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

NeverSurrender wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:48 pm
I no longer watch the NFL.
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I watched most of the Birmingham - Salt Lake game, including ALL of the 2nd half. The best game the league has had so far.

Lack of flags, good defense and hitting. I saw one guy chewing tobacco. Hell yeah.

I'm thinking about going to B-ham for a game.
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

Good games this weekend. Some QBs starting to get their timing down, some teams starting to click in the running game but most defenses still look ahead of the offenses.

Full games
Salt Lake Stallions @ Birmingham Iron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqU8Nxc_zgo

Arizona Hotshots @ Memphis Express - coverage starts at the 6:40 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ6ZxnBjxow

Orlando Apollos @ San Antonio Commanders - BEST GAME OF THE SEASON SO FAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOxQuEHWvt4

Atlanta Legends @ San Diego Fleet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du20HZVZkcs
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

The Orlando San Antonio game was great. Lots of people talking about it online.

One more time, the best thing about this league is the refs don't run the show like they do in the NFL. How refreshing. They're not insulting the fans.