2018 FIFA World Cup

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

2018 FIFA World Cup

Post by Rageman »

Will Germany repeat and draw even with Brazil with 5 Cups?
Will Brazil recover from their shit performances at the end of the 2014 tournament or will that ghost still haunt them?
Can Spain shrug off losing their coach on the eve of the tournament? Can they overcome from being the first defending champ to be eliminated after two matches in the last cup?
Does Messi finally have the team around him to lift the Cup?
Will England finally play to their ability or is another vintage implosion coming up ahead?
Can Costa Rica make another quarterfinal appearance?

Host Russia starts out with a 5-0 pasting of Saudi Arabia
Egypt and Uruguay currently scoreless in the 79th minute, lots of heart by the over matched Egyptians

I'm rooting for Germany and calling for repeat of the 2014 final with another German victory over Argentina.

Who are you rooting for and who are you picking?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Germany played like ass for quite a while now. Sure, they weren't very important games, but it's hard to imagine that team competing with France, Brazil or Spain. Not rating Argentina highly either.

Morocco looking good in the beginning against Iran. I hope they miraculously survive the group with Portugal and Spain somehow. Also wanna see Tunisia, Nigeria and Senegal make the next stage. Sadly, Egypt already under big pressure after this shit loss to Uruguay.

EDIT:
And... I'm already sick of this world cup. Iran gets nothing done and Morocco fuck themselves like that in extra time, so they're out already. I should quit watching soccer altogether.
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

Portugal was shite but that wanker is quite good at scoring goals and hattricks. Iran leads group B.
Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Hellsinkey »

Brazil looks good, on paper. But there's already been suprises, so who the fuck knows. What is sure that England will fail again.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

mexico over germany?

holy fuck
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Didn't think Germany would shit the bed like that, but then again, those beaners are really snicky, if the rio grande or the Trump wall doesnt stop them, those german fags sure as hell wont do it either.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Now it was Brazil. This WC is wack.

Even Portugal, who won the last Euro cup convincingly, crushing mercilessly every opponent they faced, weren't able to do better than a tie against those talentless hacks from a Kingdom that no one wants to be a part of.

Shit, maybe England has a shit then.

Edit: I wrote "shot" but even autocorrect has no faith in England and changed it to "shit". Damm.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

mullet_head wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:07 am Didn't think Germany would shit the bed like that, but then again, those beaners are really snicky, if the rio grande or the Trump wall doesnt stop them, those german fags sure as hell wont do it either.
And Mexico celebrated so hard it actually caused seismic activity. Unreal.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

dmbrocker wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:15 pm
mullet_head wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:07 am Didn't think Germany would shit the bed like that, but then again, those beaners are really snicky, if the rio grande or the Trump wall doesnt stop them, those german fags sure as hell wont do it either.
And Mexico celebrated so hard it actually caused seismic activity. Unreal.
Just thank your gods it wasn't China instead.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

If Germany choke in the first round, it'll still be worth it to see all the flag-swinging retards cry.

Still every single game so far with the wrong team coming out on top for me. I almost hope nobody cool makes the knockout stage at this point so I can just quit this nonsense.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

England actually won. :shock:

I predicted a 1-1 draw, so happy to be wrong. How England weren't awarded a penalty whilst Tunisia were baffles me.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

pieceofme wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:54 pm England actually won. :shock:

I predicted a 1-1 draw, so happy to be wrong. How England weren't awarded a penalty whilst Tunisia were baffles me.
I'm telling ya, this WC is out of wack. I think I'm gonna bet the farm on England. Probably a penalty shootout win for them in the finals.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

mullet_head wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:43 am
pieceofme wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:54 pm England actually won. :shock:

I'm telling ya, this WC is out of wack. I think I'm gonna bet the farm on England. Probably a penalty shootout win for them in the finals.
Haha, the way it is going, seems like a safe bet!

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Wow. Portugal played magnificently against probably the best team in the world, Morocco.

I was worried after their performance against Spain, but this team shows such cohesion that it seems like we're back to the top notch level of 2 years ago.

Fucking idiot ronaldo scored a goal, though. What part of "do not win until the final" did that fairy not understand?
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Morocco out after more or less dominating two games. I hate this cup. So glad we still got amazing underdog teams like Iceland for the idiot fans to cheer for.
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

Croatia played tough and made their chances count. Messi and other big names couldn't do anything. Ronaldo has the whole team on his back but Messi is just jogging around the pitch. France can go far in this tournament. Like always. Hopefully some more surprises on the way.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

Australia and Denmark 1:1 Keeps our (Aus) hopes alive of making the next round
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Brazil-Costa Rica: Another shit game with an annoying fluke goal in extra time for the team I hate. Neymar is a diving bitch who doesn't deserve a world cup.

Super Eagles > Viking Bitches, woo!

Switzerland-Serbia: Russian and Serbian fans boo the fuck out of the Kosovar-descended players, who then make both goals for the win. Idiot Swiss patriots only cry about the Albanian eagle. Perfect game.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Least inspiring hattrick ever from Harry Kane, but at least England got through easily for once. Hope they get Japan in the next round, need to avoid Colombia.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

England surprised everyone (but me) and pulled off the upset over Panama, like I predicted.

And not only that, they won convincingly. WOW! Who would've thought?
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

I still weep for Morocco. Iran was so close to an upspet too. They should have at least killed some crusaders.

Germany keeping up the same shitty trend with last second goals for favorites. Although Sweden always have it coming. Kroos is still a bitch, but his goal was kinda sweet.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Germany is out, what the actual fuck.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

I dunno what to say, but I hear KIA is making great cars with a 7 year warranty, whereas I had to get rid of my Audi 'cause that overpriced piece of shit kept breaking down.
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

Hellsinkey wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:59 am Germany is out, what the actual fuck.
And now with that crazy result the Swedes are facing the Swiss (Suede vs Suisse) and Brazil will face Mexico. Those damn Swedes again. Let's hope there will be a new champion which hopefully isn't Portugal.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

The Memes and fanatics are better than the cup....Korean Jesus! #MEXSWE

I hope England chokes. You'd think they already won. #COMINGHOME!!!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

I was walking around the public screening area in Lisboa after Portugal shit the bed just now, and they had like seven cops handling everybody. Port wine is no drink for hooliganism, you silly beach bums. No wonder even Swedes walk around like they own this place.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Bye bye Argentina and Portugal!

Can Brazil please just fuck off as well. Hate that team. Always have.

mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Adios mis hermanos.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:47 pm I was walking around the public screening area in Lisboa after Portugal shit the bed just now, and they had like seven cops handling everybody. Port wine is no drink for hooliganism, you silly beach bums. No wonder even Swedes walk around like they own this place.
That's because most cops on duty just go to a bar that's more or less hidden from the general public to watch the game and get shitfaced. Then they leave without paying and drive home.

Welcome to Portugal.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Hahahahaha Spain.