Do you follow/watch sports as much as you used to?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Do you follow/watch sports as much as you used to?

Post by NeverSurrender »

As I get closer to my 50th birthday, I notice my love for sports dwindling rapidly. I do believe that age and bad things that happen to you make it to where some other guys playing with a ball doesn't really matter anymore.

I still follow hockey a bit, MLB in the playoffs and a some college football. I haven't watched a single NFL play or NASCAR race this year, and I used to love these 2 sports. I also find I like minor league sports over major pro sports.

Anybody else feeling the same way?
pieceofme

Re: Do you follow/watch sports as much as you used to?

Post by pieceofme »

Growing up in England as a teen I was a huge footy fan. Loved Rugby as well. Also dabbled in basketball a bit.

Now football is down to 4th. Money ruined the game for me. I've discovered other sports, which for me, are a lot better.

Hockey is number 1. Rugby is fucking awesome, and that is a close 2nd. Then UFC. My love for football starting declining around 2008. It doesn't help that most fans are moronic. I guess you could say that for a lot of sports, but football is another level imo. I still follow it, but the passion is nowhere near the same.

But I know what you're saying. I still enjoy sports a lot. But life is much more. Maybe when I get closer to 50 my interest would have waned even more.

My love for football in the 90s will probably never be matched tbh. It was the magically time when I was teenager and it was all so exciting. Now I'm older, I still really enjoy sports a lot, but it is not quite the same feeling I had when I was younger.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

If sports aren't becoming less important to you as you age, you're doing it wrong.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Congratulations it really is a waste of time.

I'm much more into MMA and boxing since about 10 years back. Hockey never watch it anymore, used to love the hockey in the olympics but not anymore, fuck the NHL. MLB watched a couple of games in 2017, none this year. NBA and NFL, I'm always excited when the season starts and sometimes for the play-offs.

But one thing I'll have to say is that I never have ESPN on anymore. I never read the sports section...all that sort of mainstream sports interest....
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

NeverSurrender wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:08 am As I get closer to my 50th birthday, I notice my love for sports dwindling rapidly. I do believe that age and bad things that happen to you make it to where some other guys playing with a ball doesn't really matter anymore.

I still follow hockey a bit, MLB in the playoffs and a some college football. I haven't watched a single NFL play or NASCAR race this year, and I used to love these 2 sports. I also find I like minor league sports over major pro sports.

Anybody else feeling the same way?
Sounds like that mid life crisis is really taking your testosterone out of order and making you into a total pussy. Hey man, menopause can be tough but hang in there (literally.) I love this part "age and bad things" hahaha! It's like this was written by a complete doofus! Oh yeah... hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Lost passion after I quit playing in my late 30s then when I tried to get back to watching the game changed so much it almost sucked. Now it's a joke, totally different sport then what most of us grew up watching. Haven't caught a full game in 2 years.

I watch more MLB and NHL. NFL has gone pussy....But really, all sports have dropped in my programing.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Desslar
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Desslar »

Only ever followed the NFL closely, but don't watch as many games as I used to. Plus the NFL game highlights videos on Youtube are all I need for most games.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

UtahRatt wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:33 pm Lost passion after I quit playing in my late 30s then when I tried to get back to watching the game changed so much it almost sucked. Now it's a joke, totally different sport then what most of us grew up watching. Haven't caught a full game in 2 years.

I watch more MLB and NHL. NFL has gone pussy....But really, all sports have dropped in my programing.
Hockey has gotten pretty pussified too. But at least most of their players aren't criminals.
Tenacious_Dio wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:04 am If sports aren't becoming less important to you as you age, you're doing it wrong.

Yeah, I actually looked into it and it's pretty normal. I guess when I was younger I thought I'd be that way forever.
Bassmaster1984
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Bassmaster1984 »

I’m 53 and I watch and care way less than I once did. I played division 1 college football in the 80’s and rarely watch football at all nowadays. The older I get the more I appreciate other forms of entertainment. Hell, I watch more PBS than I do NHL and NFL combined.
"You just pick a chord, go twang, and you've got music." Sid Vicious
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Bassmaster, give that AAF league a try. It's old school.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

NeverSurrender wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:30 pm Bassmaster, give that AAF league a try. It's old school.
"It's old school." Fucking retarded. Anyone that isn't 100 years old or older CANNOT use "old school" for any reason. Typical wannabe cool, middle aged fuck with not a chance to be hip.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
referring to Queen movie
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

bigbuttskinner wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:47 am
NeverSurrender wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:30 pm Bassmaster, give that AAF league a try. It's old school.
"It's old school." Fucking retarded. Anyone that isn't 100 years old or older CANNOT use "old school" for any reason. Typical wannabe cool, middle aged fuck with not a chance to be hip.

Old School
Old School
Old School
You're so
Mad I don't
Watch The
RefFl
Old School
Old School
Old School
You follow
Me around
Old School
Old School
Old School
The Locker
Room like
Old School
Old School
Old School
A lovesick
Puppy
Old School
Old School
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

bigbuttskinner wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:47 am
...boring, unoriginal, lowest common denominator, lame waste of life, repeater. You really fit in!
referring to Queen movie
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Old School
Old School
Old School
You're so
Mad I don't
Watch The
RefFl
Old School
Old School
Old School
You follow
Me around
Old School
Old School
Old School
The Locker
Room like
Old School
Old School
Old School
A lovesick
Puppy
Old School
Old School
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

I used to be a big MMA fan and watched nearly every UFC event. I got burnt out on it and they oversaturated it to the point where it's difficult to follow.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I've never cared for MMA.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

NeverSurrender wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:34 am I've never cared for MMA.
No one asked, you fucking bore.
referring to Queen movie
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Old School
Old School
Old School
You're so
Mad I don't
Watch The
RefFl
Old School
Old School
Old School
You follow