Sludge Fantasy Baseball 2019

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Sludge Fantasy Baseball 2019

Post by killeverything »

Wait. PKOS gets the #1 pick?

Goddamnit.

He's goin' down this year.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Blumpkin King wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:40 am Draft Order - should have been sent out by the randomizer site, but here it is. Was not sent to canuckle as his email is hidden from me.

PKOS
Junk
Cruds
Beltcho
Blumpkin
Bend
Canuckle
Everything
Sons
!

8 PM EST / 5 PM EST This Sunday.
Thanks. I’ll fix that in my settings.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

killeverything wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:54 pm Wait. PKOS gets the #1 pick?

Goddamnit.

He's goin' down this year.
The best part about it is that I have to work tonight and won't be able to bask in the glory of being on the clock first.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

I can't remember a time when we were this far into the season and almost every team still has a chance to make the playoffs (sorry Sons and Junk Bombs). One of our best years yet.

This season when I lose a week I lose bad, it's not even close.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Blumpkin King wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:55 am I can't remember a time when we were this far into the season and almost every team still has a chance to make the playoffs (sorry Sons and Junk Bombs). One of our best years yet.

Same here.

I’ve been comfortably in the playoffs all year, but things have tightened up and anything can happen now. Incredible that a winning % in the low .500’s can win the division.

Parity has arrived in the Sludge Fantasy Baseball League. That’s a good thing!
Funnelhead
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Funnelhead »

WOLF wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:09 pm
Blumpkin King wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:55 am I can't remember a time when we were this far into the season and almost every team still has a chance to make the playoffs (sorry Sons and Junk Bombs). One of our best years yet.

Same here.

I’ve been comfortably in the playoffs all year, but things have tightened up and anything can happen now. Incredible that a winning % in the low .500’s can win the division.

I am trying hard to fuck up my chances!
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

Funnelhead wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:50 pm

Same here.

I am trying hard to fuck up my chances!
Try harder.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

I suspect the live draft has a lot to do with that.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Quite pleased to be in second place, and only one game out of first, this late in the season.

Quite worried to be only three games clear of missing the playoffs though.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

I don't think I've ever had a team that on paper is so good but underachieved so badly IRL. I don't care how many homers Vlad Jr. hit in the ASG, he can fuck off. His knee is hurt and I don't even care at this point.

Looks like Kill finally got me this year. Congrats, now you can let go of all that pent up seething anger. :D
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:31 am I don't think I've ever had a team that on paper is so good but underachieved so badly IRL. I don't care how many homers Vlad Jr. hit in the ASG, he can fuck off. His knee is hurt and I don't even care at this point.

Looks like Kill finally got me this year. Congrats, now you can let go of all that pent up seething anger. :D
Never.

You beat me down for a long, long time. There is severe fantasy baseball PTSD I'm dealing with.

One day at a time.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

demolition23 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:56 pm Quite pleased to be in second place, and only one game out of first, this late in the season.

Quite worried to be only three games clear of missing the playoffs though.
...and now i’m fifth. :lol:
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

If possible, things have gotten even MORE tight. 3 games separating 1st to 5th. 7 games from 1st to 6th. Will be an interesting stretch run, with likely nobody clinching a playoff berth until the final weekend of the season. Good stuff!
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Playoff time!

In such a competitive season, I’m glad to have just qualified for the post-season (final four).

Good luck gents!
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

So bummed out to lose 1st place during the last week, but you can't win when you go 3/32 on Sunday. Bend The Knees had a great week and made all the right moves. Tough league this year.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

As if Mike Fiers allowing 9 runs on 9 hits in one inning yesterday, screwing my ERA and WHIP wasn’t enough....

“Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Christian Yelich, the reigning NL MVP, will miss the remainder of the season after fracturing his right knee cap.”
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Despite 70 home runs currently listed as day-to-day, a couple of pushed back starts and some abysmal streaming pitching selections, I snuck into the playoffs and now onto my third final in four years. Must be time to win one!

Great season everybody - ridiculously close amongst the top five.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

demolition23 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:55 pm Despite 70 home runs currently listed as day-to-day, a couple of pushed back starts and some abysmal streaming pitching selections, I snuck into the playoffs and now onto my third final in four years. Must be time to win one!

Ya... things are tough all over. I lost the NL MVP to a broken kneecap, and one of the best closers in baseball to a suddenly dead arm. Canuckle Balls found a way though!

Here we go... remember... to be the man you’ve got to beat the man! Good luck!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

WOLF wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:23 pm
demolition23 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:55 pm Despite 70 home runs currently listed as day-to-day, a couple of pushed back starts and some abysmal streaming pitching selections, I snuck into the playoffs and now onto my third final in four years. Must be time to win one!

Ya... things are tough all over. I lost the NL MVP to a broken kneecap, and one of the best closers in baseball to a suddenly dead arm.
That’s still nothing compared to the 2016 finals matchup where my star pitcher died before making his start.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

At least neither of us had Felipe Vázquez I guess... :shock:
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

demolition23 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:36 pm At least neither of us had Felipe Vázquez I guess... :shock:
:lol:

PS - you’re going all in early my friend...
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

For all the good it’s doing me...
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

My team looked good until Saturday, but most every category was close. Then, the Canuckle Balls fell apart - injuries, cold streaks, and implosions.

Congrats to team !

https://youtu.be/RwEIjbfOHD0
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I looked good all year. It blows my mind I barely missed the Playoffs, losing Gallo to the DL was a killer.

Oh well, at least I finally beat the evil PKOS. That's gotta count for something.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Fittingly hectic end to a crazy season. I thought I was gone on Friday. A power outage plus a couple more bad streaming choices had me in trouble. I was particularly annoyed that Canuckle got great starts from Wainright and Foltywnicz - I had hovered my mouse over both those guys before making other choices. I thought it would cost me, but I finally had a good couple of days when it counted most.

Great season everybody!
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

When 8 of the teams were in it until the last two weeks that is a fantastic and competitive league. Good year everyone and congrats !. See everyone in late February. Let me know if there are any changes that you think we need to make next year.

Thanks everyone.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Blumpkin King wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:13 pm When 8 of the teams were in it until the last two weeks that is a fantastic and competitive league. Good year everyone and congrats !. See everyone in late February. Let me know if there are any changes that you think we need to make next year.

Thanks everyone.
Thanks for commish-ing King.

I say it yearly, but I LOVE our little league.

Good people; good times.
Shine
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Shine »

Congrats to !. Great season.

Thanks to Blumpkin for a fine job again this season.

The Junk Bombs rallied a bit too late. After spending a great deal of the season in last place, rallying to finish 5th is a small victory for me.

NO way I draft Syndergaard again in any of my leagues.

It's going to be a long winter but I'm looking forward to SLUDGE 2020.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

Invites for the new season went out via email and yahoo. This was what I sent:

It's that time of year. Spring training is right around the corner and that means another year of Sludge Fantasy Baseball. I have renewed the league. You should have gotten notice from Yahoo, but I also want to hear from you. Yahoo auto renews every player, but not everyone comes back.

If you want to play this year please just hit reply and tell me that you are back in. It's that easy. I'll also hit the Sludge boards and see if anyone new wants to play since it would be nice to get up to 12 players.

Let me know if there are any rule or category changes that you think we should address for the upcoming season.

The Blumpkin King