NIN Got Some Crazy Bitches, Part Trois

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

citrinecastle
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Re: NIN Got Some Crazy Bitches, Part Trois

Post by citrinecastle »

oops sorry shouldn't pick on dentist's victims.
Orionslavegirl1
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Orionslavegirl1 »

Trent Reznor · 88,912 subscribers
10 minutes ago ·

Some of you may have read that I have begun working with Beats By Dre. For the past year I have indeed been involved with Dre, Jimmy Iovine, Luke Wood, and the rest of the team on a number of very interesting projects that will start to emerge next year. I have been wanting to experiment and focus my energy and creativity in some different directions, and Beats has afforded me that very opportunity. The process has been challenging and fascinating and as much as I'd like to tell you about the things we've dreamed up... I just can't.
Not yet...
(I can tell you it's probably not what you're expecting!)
Discuss

I guess Mariqueen needs a new manicure...
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

Saw it. Read it. Not sure if I should be bothered to care. I mean this is the guy that thinks HTDA is worthwhile music. Whatever. When and if this comes out (it could be like Tapeworm) I might listen to it.

***okay probably not :roll:
Last edited by jodi on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

:?:
Last edited by enchantment on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

Wait. That's what Beats by Dre are---over priced ear phones??? Really? Oh WTF. I thought he might actually be making new music or something. So now Reznor is going to become the Billy Mays of the music industry. WTF.
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

:shock:
Last edited by enchantment on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeeLoo
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by LeeLoo »

Trent Reznor has taken to Facebook to alert his audience of a partnership he's formed with Beats By Dre, the Interscope Records/Dr. Dre-affiliated electronics company best known for its signature line of headphones.

This marks yet another step in Reznor's return to the major-label industrial complex, following years of dismayed disengagement (the new EP from How to Destroy Angels, An Omen, will be out on Columbia on November 13). It's especially surprising that he's chosen to team up with Interscope, given his tempestuous relationship with them in the past.

http://pitchfork.com/news/48220-trent-r ... ts-by-dre/

Super strange bedfellows.
apple_of_soddom
Picking a Band Name

Post by apple_of_soddom »

didn't trent and queenie have their 3rd anniversary yesterday ? well, she didn'T mention any strange foodies or bizarre romantic nonsense ....well
LeeLoo

Post by LeeLoo »

apple_of_soddom wrote:didn't trent and queenie have their 3rd anniversary yesterday ? well, she didn'T mention any strange foodies or bizarre romantic nonsense ....well
Give the lady a break. She was busy reviewing the days of the week....
MARIQUEEN ‏@mariqueen Oct 17
follow friday saturday sunday monday tuesday wednesday thursday
posting a flattering pic of her singing that sort of has the hubby in it and a pic of the minimoog pre-programmed soft bass called "fuckrightoff". Sheesh, there are only so many hours in the day to get important tweets like this out there to the masses. :roll:
Orionslavegirl1

Is he making her watch School House Rock or something?
LeeLoo

Post by LeeLoo »

Queenie just changed her name on her Twitter back to Mariqueen Maandig. Any ideas why?
EvilNTent
Recording Your Demo

Post by EvilNTent »

[quote="LeeLoo"][color=#FF00BF]Queenie just changed her name on her Twitter back to Mariqueen Maandig. Any ideas why? [/color][/quote]

Attention mongering.
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201210 ... -diy.shtml

This was not a "typical" deal. So why do this particular deal? A few key reasons -- some of which (perhaps ironically) came about because of his previous success. Reznor pointed out that he has a huge fan base... for Nine Inch Nails. He was worried that those fans are the only ones who would pay attention -- and that they'd not necessarily appreciate How to Destroy Angels or (worse!) think that it's "just a side project with my wife." He specifically worried that NIN fans would say "this isn't what we want to hear," and that would then limit their ability to reach a wider audience. However, he thinks that HTDA is amazing and deserves to reach an audience way beyond his existing fans. In the end, it came down to figuring out what the band's goals were and they decided that they wanted to aim big, and try to reach as many fans as possible. And they weren't convinced they could do that on their own.

Reznor explains:
The main reason I do what I do is I want to do something that matters. I want to be able to create art that reaches the maximum amount of people on my terms.... That was a key component... That was why we wound up considering, and ultimately going with, a label, and not just a label, but a major label, for How to Destroy Angels. Because it came down to us -- us being the band now -- sitting around and identifying what our goals were. And the top priority wasn't to make money. It was to try to reach the most amount of people, and try to reach the most amount of people effectively, that doesn't feel like it's coming completely from my backyard. Because I don't want this project, ultimately, to just be dismissed as "side project" or... (*loud sigh*) "patronizing affair with Trent and his wife." Sounds terrible, you know?
(but that is exactly what it is :wink: )

So why go to a major label rather than just bringing in a team of your own or perhaps working with an indie label. Reznor offered up a few reasons, with part of it being that he didn't feel like "setting up his own label," even if it was just a temporary one for this release. Separately, they felt that -- given the specific goals with HTDA (again, to become as widely known as possible) -- the best people for that probably are still at the labels. They admit that it's opened up some useful doors, such as some artists to work with on remixes that they probably wouldn't have been able to get to otherwise. Also, as has been suggested repeatedly, they really wanted help internationally, and doing it themselves was really difficult. They noted how their UK distributor had gone bankrupt and taken all of their money not too long ago, and they didn't want to have to deal with that kind of thing again.
Reznor, again, on the decision:
It didn't need to be a major label, but we have a good relationship with Mark Williams, who's our A&R guy at Columbia... and he introduced us to the team at Columbia, and the lean and mean system that they have there. That coupled with what seemed like a reasonable deal, felt like, 'hey, let's try it.' We're not locked to it indefinitely. Let's just see how it goes.

So maybe Q going back to her maiden name on Twitter has something to do with that "patronizing affair with Trent and his wife." That and T Rez probably told her to change it back. :roll:
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

Watch the power whispering live in the recording studio!
Here:
http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/11/w ... irst-time/
Or here:
http://pitchfork.com/news/48428-watch-t ... he-studio/
Last edited by jodi on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Orionslavegirl1

Good Job with the one cord you know Trent. And good job keeping it in the only octave you can wail in, Mari

yawn
Orionslavegirl1

hold the fuck up....was rob playing the keyboard??? WTF??
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

Orionslavegirl1 wrote:hold the fuck up....was rob playing the keyboard??? WTF??
Come on Orion; did you really think Mariqueen could play an instrument and sing at the same time??!?
citrinecastle
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by citrinecastle »

Is it me, or does he look embarassed in the video?
amouthfulofsin220
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by amouthfulofsin220 »

jodi wrote:Watch the power whispering live in the recording studio!
Here:
http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/11/w ... irst-time/
Or here:
http://pitchfork.com/news/48428-watch-t ... he-studio/
I couldn't hear a note. Those eyebrows were too loud. As for Rob being a rock star and all - that was Trent killing two birds with one stone.
Your voice is the delicate string, the sound of my name on your lips the gentle tug that keeps me grounded...

Pressing Flowers - The Civil Wars
apple_of_soddom
Picking a Band Name

Post by apple_of_soddom »

wow, has anybody watched it on youtube ? some of those comments make me cringe ....
"like sonny and cher" yeah, right ....whatever ! Seriously ?!
LeeLoo

Post by LeeLoo »

apple_of_soddom wrote:wow, has anybody watched it on youtube ? some of those comments make me cringe ....
"like sonny and cher" yeah, right ....whatever ! Seriously ?!
I'm not so sure that was intended as a compliment. Which You Tube video were you refering too? This one seems to have more negative comments than positive ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B_qAi58Lnc
roll that neck, werrrk it gurrrl
I can't decide...Wings or Plastic Yoko Band???
best thing- the lights. so pretty. music=boring
TheOathtoOrder

she looks like an airhead- resembles quagmire from family guy with that fat head. this is boring trent, sorry! hate it.
TheYougotitgood

Trent is hot even tho he's a big fat old meatball
SnotRockets55

Sorry ppl. Chick cannot sing for shit.
cocoabean78
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scuttlefly
Wannabe Rocker

Post by Scuttlefly »

Look who's proud to have voted -

There is something about Rob Sheridan that really irks me and makes me want to punch him
citrinecastle
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by citrinecastle »

Scuttlefly wrote:Look who's proud to have voted -

There is something about Rob Sheridan that really irks me and makes me want to punch him
And I voted for Scooby Doo/Shaggy. My husband voted for Woodstock/Snoopy. We took our stickers (who doesn't love stickers?) and stuck them on our foreheads for about 20 minutes, then we stuck them on our 14 year old's head because he wouldn't stop saying the F word thinking he was cool in front of his girlfriend.

Suffice it to say....I'm as impressed (not) with that I Voted pic as I am with my teenager wannabe thug's mouth. (and the entire election shit. I HATE politics)
citrinecastle
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by citrinecastle »

Oh, and I would have been at least amused if that sticker on her hat said 'I Farted'. Really. I still get giggles when farts are mentioned. Easily amused I suppose.

Fail, Q, FAIL. Couldn't even throw 'fart' in there somehow.
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

Grendel wrote:Has La Frenchie posted in this thread recently? I miss the old days of the sludge NIN thread, where it was more batshit crazy...
No, she hasn't posted in ages. But have faith, Grendel. Whenever this new HTDA LP arrives, I'm sure there will be some level of batshit craziness; although it might not be the same level of crazy as the old days. BTW thanks for turning me onto Die Antwoord.