Music that moves you...

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

The_Retarded®™
Learning KISS Riffs

Re: Music that moves you...

Post by The_Retarded®™ »

"I might as well fade into bolivian" - Mike Tyson

SinCityQuennie
Playing in a Garage

Post by SinCityQuennie »

Ooh...Willie Nelson is bad ass! I love Angel Flying too Close to the Ground!
"Behind Blues Eyes" always gets me because it completely fits the situation!
Not to mention Cat Stevens "The Wind"...I let the music take me where my heart wants to go...
this party's too wild for me, baby...as soon as I find my panties, I'm outta here!
LonelyGirl
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by LonelyGirl »

it used to be Nine Inch Nails but now not anymore
Powered by dollar toaster pizzas dipped in salsa and Sprinkles red velvet cupcakes!
panteraman319
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by panteraman319 »

Led Zepp- All of my love
The Who - Behind blue eyes
Paul MAC/Wings- Baby im amazed
Stones - Angie
Priest - Before the dawn/Evening star
Tim Mcgraw- Dont take the girl
Floyd - Comfortably numb
Heart - These Dreams/What about love
Leppard- Photograph
VH - Beautiful girls
Kiss - King of the night time world
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

NIN.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
SinCityQuennie
Playing in a Garage

Post by SinCityQuennie »

[quote="DelisciousMillerBack"][quote="SinCityQuennie"]Ooh...Willie Nelson is bad ass! I love Angel Flying too Close to the Ground!
"Behind Blues Eyes" always gets me because it completely fits the situation!
Not to mention Cat Stevens "The Wind"...I let the music take me where my heart wants to go...[/quote]

Willie has quite a few tearjerkers...."Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain", "The Red Headed Stranger", and omg, top dog of them all "Seven Spanish Angels" which he did as a duet with Ray Charles. Another duet with Ray Charles that totally rips my heart out is "Do I Ever Cross Your Mind" that he did with Bonnie Raitt. That song is amazing. "Behind Blue Eyes" is definitely one that always gets me, but that is partly because of my first real love hot and heavy relationship. The guy had beautiful blues eyes, he was gorgeous all over. I was 18 and he was 26 and it was like this perfect summer thing. At any rate, he had more demons than I could deal with at that time in my line and he ended up dying of a drug overdose. I was holding him while my friend was on with 911 and he died before the ambulance could get there.

Speakign of Cat Steven's, have you ever heard the song "Trouble"? It is in the movie Harold and Maude (my fave movie) and it always gets me, but I am not entirely sure if it is my own associations with the song (which are quite a few) or the way it was used in the movie.[/quote]

OMG! I have the Trouble song...it's on my myspace page! Love it!
I will have to check out the Bonnie Raitt one...sounds good! And now I have to watch Harold and Maude...thanks for making my boring weekend a good one! LOL!
That sucks what you had to go through...I can identify. I am sorry that happened. Urgh! A memeory like that never fades away, does it then?

And panteraman...good choice of songs...but how come beautiful girls makes you cry?
this party's too wild for me, baby...as soon as I find my panties, I'm outta here!
panteraman319
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by panteraman319 »

Queennie its not that those songs make me cry........they just are songs that remind of a certain time, place or feeling when i hear them......beautiful girls always reminds me of the first time i went to CA..i got off the plane and it was playing in the airport......funny since they are an LA band.....and then when i went to The Whiskey the first time and guess what song was playin.......too funny

the only one that makes me feel sad is Angie by the Stones and All of my love by Zepp
SinCityQuennie
Playing in a Garage

Post by SinCityQuennie »

[quote="panteraman319"]Queennie its not that those songs make me cry........they just are songs that remind of a certain time, place or feeling when i hear them......beautiful girls always reminds me of the first time i went to CA..i got off the plane and it was playing in the airport......funny since they are an LA band.....and then when i went to The Whiskey the first time and guess what song was playin.......too funny

the only one that makes me feel sad is Angie by the Stones and All of my love by Zepp[/quote]

Ah...I see! That's funny it was playing at the airport!
SanityClause
These Colours Don't Run
Location: Finland, Greenland, Iceland, And anwhere else RPB thinks of.

Post by SanityClause »

Anti Nowhere Leagur - So Fucking What!
crooked soul
Headlining Clubs

Post by crooked soul »

Depeche Mode- ultra .. can't listen to that cd.. it gets me hot as hell... it was made to listen to have sex to..
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

all my love.....one of the few zep songs i never tire of hearing.

show must go on: queen.......freddie knew he was dying when he wrote this.

tears in heaven: clapton.....singing about his son that fell out of a high rise.

hallelujah: jeff buckley.....this is my favorite performance of all time
Last edited by Kid-Wicked on Thu May 25, 2023 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amouthfulofsin220
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by amouthfulofsin220 »

crooked soul wrote:Depeche Mode- ultra .. can't listen to that cd.. it gets me hot as hell... it was made to listen to have sex to..
Absolutely agreed. I said this in another thread on the Ho Board - The Bottom Line is one of the top ten sexiest tracks on my IPod...I'll add Halo by them to the list.

Bill Withers' Lovely Day
Billie Holliday's You're My Thrill
Bjork's New World from her album Selmasongs
Cat Power's I Found A Reason
Esthero's My Torture
Frank Sinatra's Witchcraft
Joseph Arthur's Honey and the Moon
Massive Attack's Mezzanine in its entirety
Natalie Walker's Colorblind
Nickel Creek's Jealous of the Moon
Nine Inch Nails' The Fragile
PM Dawn's I'd Die Without You ( the piano sounds as lovely as a brook in a sundappled wood)
Portishead's Undenied and Music To Fuck To
Sia's whole oeuvre
Tracy Thorn's (ft. Massive Attack) The Hunter Gets Captured by the Prey
Telepopmusik's Don't Look Back and Love Almighty
Your voice is the delicate string, the sound of my name on your lips the gentle tug that keeps me grounded...

Pressing Flowers - The Civil Wars