NIN Got Some Crazy Bitches, Part Trois

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

PrinceTrent
Wannabe Rocker

Re: NIN Got Some Crazy Bitches, Part Trois

Post by PrinceTrent »

I think that most of these nominations are buy bids. Just like the actress for the fighter won the golden globe then the oscar she was placing ads for bids in LA publications and etc. I think everyone is doing this...Reznor and Atticus is putting out there so they can be nominated and eventually win the globe then the oscars.

I see whatever they do they definitely do not put Mariqueen on any soundtrack that is nominated as a composer.
Its so obvious how he calculate, manipulate, and plan his course of action(s). So predictable.
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

Merry Christmas, Bitches!

EvilNTent
Recording Your Demo

Post by EvilNTent »

[quote="jodi"][size=150][color=#BF0000]Merry Christmas, Bitches![/color][/size]

[img]http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqc27 ... o1_500.jpg[/img][/quote]

Good lord, what a sight.

Thanks a gob, Jodi. The villagers have torches & pitchforks. They are headed your way. ;)
Orionslavegirl1
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Orionslavegirl1 »

I just pucked a lil in my mouth
citrinecastle
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by citrinecastle »

Every time I see that picture I want to ask where his penis is. Or how he tucked it. I guess I'm no expert on winky tucking. Shame on me. I need to take a winky tucking 101 course. Just to see how it's done.

Merry Xmas everyone! Hope the booze overflowed and no one killed any family members!
citrinecastle
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by citrinecastle »

just had to post again. What the hell was that pic all about? Peek a boo find my hoo hoo? Where's Waldo ( I mean dildo)? Connect the pubic hairs? What? Is that supposed to be sexy? Some lame ass Scooby Doo clue "just got outta bed, and my robe is bright red, I'm so drunk I feel sick, please help find my dick"?

I am confused. :lol:
Lydia
Playing Frat Parties

Post by Lydia »

Grendel wrote:Just saw Girl with the Dragon Tattoo...Trent really knocked it out of the park with the soundtrack. Best wishes to Trent and his family in 2012!
Take it to nin.com. :roll:
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

No baby #2 yet, but new Mariqueen food tweets.

mariqueen reznor @mariqueen 3h
i want corned beef with white rice and ketchup. and eggs, over easy. #pregnant
lillfish
Taking Music Lessons

Post by lillfish »

Okay, I hear this 'is your love strong enough' song and all I can think is : "wtf, that's not mariqueen..." so was her voice patched up/auto tuned in that song? It sure sounds like it. A far cry from the first HTDA stuff.
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

jodi wrote:No baby #2 yet, but new Mariqueen food tweets.

Feigned bitchiness?

PeedroPaula @peedropaula 1h
@mariqueen Still pregnant? I guess Scottish Sun got the due date wrong when interviewing your hubby.
LeeLoo
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by LeeLoo »

Gag. Once again, Q is doing it wrong.
Here's a recipe....at least it includes some veg and is lower sodium.
http://www.cookingninja.com/122-Bibimbap.html
LeeLoo
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by LeeLoo »

Oh fuck it. This is the place for her:
http://pinoyfoodblog.com/filipino-recip ... f-recipes/

Gag
amouthfulofsin220
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by amouthfulofsin220 »

That's [also] Puerto-Rican poor people comfort food - esp. sauteed white rice with an egg over easy on top slathered with ketchup.

Gross to some, good to others.

An island is an island I guess.
Your voice is the delicate string, the sound of my name on your lips the gentle tug that keeps me grounded...

Pressing Flowers - The Civil Wars
Orionslavegirl1

Yup that's comfort food for me. Yum yum.

I hate to say it- but I don't believe she is preggers. First off, as the article said she is late. And how come it's only until aft er the article is she blabbing about this new kid.

We haven't even seen the first one.

Fake
Crazy7070
Wannabe Rocker

Post by Crazy7070 »

Grendel wrote:Awesome intro to GwtDT - Immigrant Song cover by Trent and Karen from The Yeah Yeah Yeahs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7O-CfJohk8

8)

Grendel, Again take it to nin.com :roll:
Orionslavegirl1

Grendel be trolling. Lol
Crazy7070
Wannabe Rocker

Post by Crazy7070 »

Box Office Returns

Box Office Charts
Weekend Box Office Estimates (U.S.)
Dec 23 - 25 weekend
This Wk Last Wk Title Dist. Weekend Gross Cumulative Gross Rlse Wks # of Theaters

#1 3 Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol Paramount Pictures $26,535,000 $72,685,000 2 3448

#2 1 Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows Warner Bros. Pictures $17,800,000 $59,345,000 2 3448

#3 2 Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked! N/A $13,325,000 $50,265,187 2 3734

#4 - The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo Sony Pictures Releasing $13,000,000 $21,400,000 1 2914

#5 - The Adventures of Tintin Paramount Pictures $9,125,000 $22,307,000 1 3087

#6 - We Bought a Zoo 20th Century Fox Distribution $7,800,000 $7,800,000 1 3117

#7 4 New Year's Eve Warner Bros. Pictures $3,005,000 $32,342,000 3 2585

#8 8 Arthur Christmas Sony Pictures Releasing $2,700,000 $44,200,000 5 1804

#9 7 Hugo Paramount Pictures $2,025,000 $44,653,000 5 1236

#10 9 The Muppets Walt Disney Pictures $2,003,000 $75,559,000 5 1752

Yes, GWTDT was beat by Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked :lol:
Last edited by Crazy7070 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/featur ... -alori.php

Aural Fixation: Expectation vs. Execution – A Look at the ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’ Score
Aural Fixation By Allison Loring on December 22, 2011 | (14) Comments

I have been an advocate of “Trent Reznor, Composer” after being blown away by the score he created for The Social Network last year (along with Atticus Ross) and was excited when I heard they were teaming back up again with director David Fincher for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. When the first teaser trailer for the film dropped, set to their pulse-pounding version of “Immigrant Song” (featuring Karen O), I was clamoring to hear more of the “turned up to eleven” sound that seemed like it would permeate throughout the “feel bad movie of Christmas.” Unfortunately, this in-your-face attitude seemed to live in this song alone and did not extend to the rest of the score.

After releasing a six-track sampler (which you can download here), I realized this score was going to be much more subdued than their previous collaboration, but I was still intrigued and hopeful of what was to come. After hearing the music in the context of the film during a screening this past week, I couldn’t shake the surprising feeling I had when walking away from it – disappointed.

I wrestled with this impression because I had been so excited for this score and started to wonder if my expectations had been too great going into it. Within the film, the music was sometimes barely noticeable and when it did start to turn up the volume, it seemed to confuse the tone of certain scenes, sending me to the edge of my seat only to have that anxiety never reach any real climax. This feeling of frustration rather than excitement left me confused rather than engaged (which, in hindsight, could have been Reznor and Ross’ intent for a film about confusion and misinterpretations). Where the score for The Social Network seemed to give us a peak into the character’s withheld emotions, the score for Dragon Tattoo seemed to muddle the emotions shown on screen.

After reading various interviews with Reznor (such as the one fellow FSRer Jack Giroux did for The Film Stage), I knew that rather than working with a more finalized version of the film (as they did with The Social Network), Reznor and Ross composed the score for Dragon Tattoo as the film was being put together. This ended up leaving the duo with hours of unused music, which they then put together into a three-disc opus making up the film’s accompanying soundtrack. But it left me wondering – will this be three discs of near ambient noise punctuated with electronic pulses and stings or will it feature brilliant pieces of music that unfortunately hit the cutting room floor while the film was being edited?

Dragon Tattoo started off promisingly enough with the version of “Immigrant Song” that got me excited in the teaser trailer, and hearing it in all its glory through Dolby surround speakers was intoxicating (and probably the reason why I’ll be losing my hearing in the next few years since I always want music louder and louder). Granted, the opening credits were a bit disjointed from the rest of the film, I took it almost as a music video prelude and was captivated by the images (seemingly covered in tar) that were slightly off-putting, while still working as a mesmerizing accompaniment to the music.

Even when things begin to pick up a bit on tracks such as “Oraculum,” I continued to feel my ears wanting more as they waited for fuller bass or more electronic guitars to flesh out the songs. I am a huge fan of electronic scoring and it made me wonder if I actually prefer when it is rooted in classic orchestration (like the more piano heavy Social Network score) rather than a score like this which was more about sounds and tones rather than full instrumentation.

In a story where we do not quite know what is going on and do not have all the pieces to the puzzle, it is an interesting and different approach to creating the musical backbone which certainly works, but never seemed to resonate with me. “Please Take Your Hand Away” and “Under The Midnight Sun” bring in some more dissonant piano elements (similar to that of Renzor and Ross’ past collaboration), but here the piano felt stripped down and vacant, much like the remote island Mikael Blomkvist (Daniel Craig) finds himself on and thus working to support and reinforce the story (and location) seen on screen.

The covers Reznor and Ross tackle seemed to be the strongest efforts from “Immigrant Song” to Bryan Ferry’s “Is Your Love Strong Enough?” (featuring Reznor’s wife Mariqueen Maandig). While the score certainly worked within the film and did help to create the confusing and disjointed world Mikael and Lisbeth Salander (Rooney Mara) find themselves in, it never fulfilled the expectations I had for it. Even in the moments when I was fully engaged in the film, I found myself wishing there was something more when it came to the music. Much like Henrick Vanger (Christopher Plummer), I felt like there should be something more there sonically and wish I could hire my own Mikael to find it.

This soundtrack will be released on Tuesday, December 27th through The Null Corporation.

Disc 1

“Immigrant Song”
“She Reminds Me Of You”
“People Lie All The Time”
“Pinned And Mounted”
“Perihelion”
“What If We Could?”
“With The Flies”
“Hidden In Snow”
“A Thousand Details”
“One Particular Moment”
“I Can’t Take It Anymore”
“How Brittle The Bones”
“Please Take Your Hand Away”
Disc 2

“Cut Into Pieces”

“The Splinter”

“An Itch”

“Hypomania”

“Under The Midnight Sun”

“Aphelion”

“You’re Here”

“The Same As The Others”

“A Pause For Reflection”

“While Waiting”

“The Seconds Drag”

“Later Into The Night”

“Parallel Timeline With Alternate Outcome”
Disc 3

“Another Way Of Caring”

“A Viable Construct”

“Revealed In The Thaw”

“Millennia”

“We Could Wait Forever”

“Oraculum”

“Great Bird Of Prey”

“The Heretics”

“A Pair Of Doves”

“Infiltrator”

“The Sound Of Forgetting”

“Of Secrets”

“Is Your Love Strong Enough?”
Was there a soundtrack or score you had high hopes for that did not live up to your expectations? What did you think of Reznor and Ross’ score for Dragon Tattoo? Is anyone going to spring for the $300 deluxe soundtrack option?
Crazy7070
Wannabe Rocker

Post by Crazy7070 »

Here is the NEW Box Office Returns

'M:I4' to tower over others

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The final box office weekend of 2011 should be led by Tom Cruise in "Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol," with a not impossible domestic gross near $35 million for the four-day New Year's weekend.

The Paramount film led the Christmas weekend after its limited debut in IMAX gave it a big marketing boost, and this week's midweek numbers indicate audience interest is holding, with a total North American gross of about $130 million expected by Monday night.

Warner Bros.' "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows," starring Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law, will enter its third weekend after crossing the $100 million mark on Wednesday, and clues point to another $25 million for the long holiday weekend.

Fox's "Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked" should have a chipper third weekend in the low $20 million range as families enjoy the last of the holidays together before it's back to school. By Monday night, the little rodents should have munched a total of about $90 million.

Sony's thriller "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo," the second film adaptation of the hugely popular mystery novel by Stieg Larsson, hacked $20 million from audiences over the extended Christmas holiday and enters New Year's weekend with a potential gross in the mid- to high-teens.

Disney's "War Horse" opened Christmas Day with $7.5 million and will now stretch its legs over a full holiday weekend with a likely gross in the $15 million range. The Steven Spielberg film is based on the 1982 children's novel and the 2007 stage adaptation, and has received two Golden Globe nominations, including for best picture.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Crazy7070 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Crazy7070
Wannabe Rocker

Post by Crazy7070 »

We Kicked Fincher and Reznor's Ass, Boy !!!
Lydia
Playing Frat Parties

Post by Lydia »

Grendel wrote:What? Did you haters really go see Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked just to spite Trent? You really should listen to his work with open hearts and minds.
Crazy7070
Wannabe Rocker

Post by Crazy7070 »

jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

At what, Grendal????
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

Grendel wrote:NPR's five best cover songs of 2011:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2011/ ... -from-2011

OMG, I KNOW!!1! Everything the Reznors touch makes it totally fucking awesome1!!!! Listen to HTDA and see the video!!! OMG squared.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlLKVi8H8ac

Wait what happened to HTDA's channel?
http://www.youtube.com/user/howtodestroyangels
Orionslavegirl1

That's a meh cover at best...
apple_of_soddom
Picking a Band Name

Post by apple_of_soddom »

dear grendel,
have you ever listened to the ORIGINAL version of is your love strong enough ?
if so then you should know that trent's version might be spooky at best but ferry/gilmour really
evoked real emotions with said song.
Crazy7070
Wannabe Rocker

Post by Crazy7070 »

amouthfulofsin220

I finally saw it.

Rooney looked like a salamander. After having read the books (all three in a three days and a half, skipping all the tedious bits of which there were many), I'm not terribly let down by her unattractiveness - after all, Lisbeth is *supposed* to be funny-looking.

The music fit the film, just like the music for TSN fit the film. If Fincher decides to do the trilogy, I hope that Lisbeth gets her tits this time 'round.

The real test will be hearing Tratticus scoring a non-Fincher film. Thus far, they're too much in their comfort zone... you know, with all the isolation despair and butt rapings.

P.S. - I finally sat through the whole Ferry "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" music video. I couldn't keep a straight face.

Maybe that's what the Q was going for in her cover, right?
Your voice is the delicate string, the sound of my name on your lips the gentle tug that keeps me grounded...

jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

Could be nothing, but might be something.....

I can't post Mariqueen's pics anymore. Apparently they are under-https-and I can't remove it. WTF?!? Oh well, if you all want to see Queenie's pics-you might have to go to her Twitter. Or cut and paste the link below into your tool bar. BTW Orion's assertion she isn't pregnant-well view her super skinny thighs (yes thighs plural) photo next to Trent's hand.
https://twitter.com/mariqueen/status/15 ... to/1/large
amouthfulofsin220

jodi wrote:Could be nothing, but might be something.....

I can't post Mariqueen's pics anymore. Apparently they are under-https-and I can't remove it. WTF?!? Oh well, if you all want to see Queenie's pics-you might have to go to her Twitter. Or cut and paste the link below into your tool bar. BTW Orion's assertion she isn't pregnant-well view her super skinny thighs (yes thighs plural) photo next to Trent's hand.
https://twitter.com/mariqueen/status/15 ... to/1/large
No great loss.

Why would he say she's about to have a kid if they're not about to have another kid? Regardless of all the mad conspiracies flying around a couple years back, that's a bit much.

P.S. - She has itty bitty thighs, but she's also about 4'9". The woman's like a thin Snooki.

::shiver::

Oh, and have you considered the photo could be dated?
Last edited by amouthfulofsin220 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.