NIN Got Some Crazy Bitches, Part Trois

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Lydia
Playing Frat Parties

Re: NIN Got Some Crazy Bitches, Part Trois

Post by Lydia »

Trent actually got snubbed, considering these nominations:

Best Sound Editing
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Ren Klyce

Best Sound Mixing
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - David Parker, Michael Semanick, Ren Klyce and Bo Persson

Guess the Academy liked everything about the sound of the movie except for the music.

:lol:
Orionslavegirl1
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Orionslavegirl1 »

Unfortunately, Rooney Mara is nominated.

I don't know why
amouthfulofsin220
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by amouthfulofsin220 »

Orionslavegirl1 wrote:Unfortunately, Rooney Mara is nominated.

I don't know why
Recipient of savage anal raping = instant nomination
Your voice is the delicate string, the sound of my name on your lips the gentle tug that keeps me grounded...

Pressing Flowers - The Civil Wars
Orionslavegirl1

The original Lisbeth never got nominated and i actually felt BAD for her when SHE got assraped

...That sounds bad doesn it?
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

:shock:
Last edited by enchantment on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeeLoo
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by LeeLoo »

enchantment wrote: There were rumors that Rooney and Fincher had a creepy relationship going on.
^^^this made me curious. vvv This is what I found.
http://www.annehelenpetersen.com/?p=2769

When a waiter appears to take our order, we are all looking at our menus, but I see out of the corner of my eye Fincher nudging Mara. He says with quiet seriousness, “You can eat.” I look up to see her reaction. Mara rolls her eyes, and Fincher laughs. “You can have lettuce and a grape. A raisin if you must.”
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
THELORDOFDARKNESS

Post by THELORDOFDARKNESS »

amouthfulofsin220 wrote:
enchantment wrote: is trent even at the GG's?
Mmmhmm.

He's gettin' chubby. I thought only the woman's supposed to gain baby weight.

Note to Trent: Stop doing the bizarre Jersey Shore duck lip thing. Of all the retarded things he could adopt, he starts doing that. Obviously GTL required too much effort.

Ba ha.
errr he's a plump unattractive male! we may need to tell him how to properly slit his wrist! :twisted: :twisted:
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

Oohh noes!!1! Press like this and Reznor may have to unleash his NINions to troll on Hollywood!

http://music-mix.ew.com/2012/01/24/osca ... g+in+music

Oscar voters snub Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross for 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' score

"The real crime is in the Best Original Score category, where Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross were shut out for their exemplary work for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
apple_of_soddom
Picking a Band Name

Post by apple_of_soddom »

The_rpg_moogle | 44 minutes ago Collapse
It's surprising me that you need to be an undergrad music major to come to that conclusion. That would mean I must be a master in music theory!

But seriously, DGWTDT deserved to be snubbed! What a worthless piece of junk that soundtrack is. I want composers to be what they have to be...composers, not rockstars trying to pose about how 'new' or 'experimental' their music is. If it sounds like junk it's still junk no matter how daring it is. It's a shame they already received the oscar last year. It was since that year that I, as a film music fan, turned my back on the academy awards. And sure, I follow the nominations, but unlike before, I just don't actually give a damn about who wins and who doesn't anymore. Otherwise I'd go crazy by the fact that:

1. Alice In Wonderland by Danny Elfman
2. Priest by Christopher Young
3. La Herencia Valdemar II: La Sombra Prohibida by Arnau Bataller

haven't been nominated at all while they were all scores much better then those other than William's scores. For his nominated scores are worth the price, if only because the maestro shows exactly why he deserves so much praise, that he can still conjure up masterpieces, even at his age and after so many years.

Now I said that I don't care, funny thing is, maybe I still do. At least I do when there are such idiotic statements like the one this site makes and the people on these commentboards make. Jesus people, I know taste is personal but seriously, there's a difference between pure craftmanship and easily made crap!

Greets to you all!
show less
WORD !
apple_of_soddom
Picking a Band Name

Post by apple_of_soddom »

zencritic | 19 hours ago Collapse
Re: Reznor/Ross -- This was, perhaps, the snub that hurt the most: they went the distance with this opus, driving a stand-alone piece of frigid, frightening yet moving and haunting to an album that actually exceeded the epic length of the film. I'm among the soon-to-be owners of the limited-edition 3000 vinyl set of the score. It takes nothing away from the brilliance of their work that they weren't nominated, but it certainly speaks to a contingent of the Academy that needs to 'listen' harder. This score was arguably superior to their SOCIAL NETWORK soundtrack from last year--brilliant in its own rite--I don't see what happened. Too fractured? Too bold? Too sad? Too cold? These men put 14 months into scoring this masterpiece...a nomination should have been in the bag.
fanboy much ?
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

Wow, they are up to 93 comments on that EW article. I didn't read the comments but I know when I posted that link about 10 hours ago there were only 50 odd comments. Way to get worked up NINions and sound track aficionados. Carry on.
Lydia
Playing Frat Parties

Post by Lydia »

zencritic wrote:...but it certainly speaks to a contingent of the Academy that needs to 'listen' harder.
How "hard" would one have to listen to turn this shit into an Oscar-worthy score? So many hilarious mental pics of these Reznoids.
EvilNTent
Recording Your Demo

Post by EvilNTent »

[quote="apple_of_soddom"][quote]zencritic | 19 hours ago Collapse
Re: Reznor/Ross -- I'm among the soon-to-be owners of the limited-edition 3000 vinyl set of the score.[/quote]

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Wasn't it PT Barnum who said "There's a sucker born every minute"
amouthfulofsin220

enchantment wrote: It takes nothing away from the brilliance of their work that they weren't nominated, but it certainly speaks to a contingent of the Academy that needs to 'listen' harder.
"Listen harder". Pfft.

It is what it is, and what it wasn't was Oscar material. Big whoop.
Your voice is the delicate string, the sound of my name on your lips the gentle tug that keeps me grounded...

Crazy7070
Wannabe Rocker

Post by Crazy7070 »

Orionslavegirl1 wrote:Unfortunately, Rooney Mara is nominated.

I don't know why
I saw this the other day and it's interesting. How small the circle is with that bunch.

Steve Tisch is Co-owner of the NY Giants, His production company also just signed a 3 year deal with Sony Pictures.

Sony Pictures Entertainment has extended its first-look non-exclusive deal with Escape Artists, the independently financed film and television production company headed by partners Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal, and Steve Tisch, it was announced by Amy Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Doug Belgrad, president of Columbia Pictures. The three-year deal renews Sony Pictures’ relationship with the company, which has been headquartered at the studio since 1998.
Recent Escape Artists films for Sony Pictures include The Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds, and The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3. Escape Artists has several other projects currently in development with Sony Pictures

Can we say nepotism. :roll:

When I saw Steve Tisch production company was given that 3 year contract, and it was announced by Amy Pascal. Makes you go Hmmm?
Pascal was the one really pushing Social Network, Fincher and Reznor.
Now they are pushing Rooney Mara and were pushing Reznor. TGWDT has Daniel Craig, Christopher Plummer, Robin Wright, and Joley Richardson in it. All accomplished actors. Craig did minimal publicity and the other actors I believe next to none. It was all Mara and Reznor.
It makes no sense, other than money has been promised. :?:
LeeLoo

Post by LeeLoo »

jodi wrote:Oohh noes!!1! Press like this and Reznor may have to unleash his NINions to troll on Hollywood!

http://music-mix.ew.com/2012/01/24/osca ... g+in+music

Oscar voters snub Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross for 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' score

"The real crime is in the Best Original Score category, where Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross were shut out for their exemplary work for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."
More of the same....so I wonder if last year's Oscar still shines as bright?

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/c ... nated.html

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/blogs/nonstop ... 17293.html
Orionslavegirl1

THELORDOFDARKNESS wrote:
amouthfulofsin220 wrote:
enchantment wrote: is trent even at the GG's?
Mmmhmm.

He's gettin' chubby. I thought only the woman's supposed to gain baby weight.

Note to Trent: Stop doing the bizarre Jersey Shore duck lip thing. Of all the retarded things he could adopt, he starts doing that. Obviously GTL required too much effort.

Ba ha.
errr he's a plump unattractive male! we may need to tell him how to properly slit his wrist! :twisted: :twisted:
I took another look at this picture..is that a gunt where his penis should be?
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
amouthfulofsin220

Orionslavegirl1 wrote:
I took another look at this picture..is that a gunt where his penis should be?
Holy shit, Orion.

It actually took me a minute or two to recover from that mental image.

Kudos.

enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

:oops:
Last edited by enchantment on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

enchantment wrote:Mariqueen's latest twat:

"If you don't have any haters, you're doing something wrong <3"

If I had twitter I would reply:

#delusional
keep telling urself that
I'm assuming this tweet is in response to her Obama picture with the janitor tweet. Now all the sycophantic NIN/HTDA fans are rallying to support her. (PeedroPaula and co.) Dumb da dumb dumb dumb!
LeeLoo wrote:More of the same....so I wonder if last year's Oscar still shines as bright?

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/c ... nated.html

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/blogs/nonstop ... 17293.html
So now there are several articles saying Reznor was snubbed by the Oscars for his three hour opus. I'm guessing Trent isn't the most jovial person lately. Meanwhile Mariqueen is postpartum hormonal and tweeting with two little Reznors' under foot. The Reznor household must be a blast right now.
LeeLoo

Post by LeeLoo »

enchantment wrote:So queefs posted a pic of Obama giving a janitor the pound and said she is voting for him soley b/c of that gesture. What a fucktard. It wasn't witty. Times like these it only cements my disgust for her. Every once in awhile I get a creeping feeling of pity for her. Then it fades when she posts such vapid, stupid, stuff.

Trent, just pull the plug already. Delete her twatter account. Whatever credibility you have left (ahem cough cough), is dwindling with each YOKOFIED comment.
Haha! Screenshot! I didn't realize I saved this till today.
http://twitpic.com/8chfde/full
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

So Orion......you said you were going to go to i Pirate for a down load of the opus. Did you? Did you take that 3 hour nap? Did the mood music cause bad dreams during your nap? Inquiring minds want to know.
Orionslavegirl1

jodi wrote:So Orion......you said you were going to go to i Pirate for a down load of the opus. Did you? Did you take that 3 hour nap? Did the mood music cause bad dreams during your nap? Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh yes, I did *acquire* a copy of GWTDT music,which i may say, half of isnt in the movie. I actually was writing something and it was decent background music, like Ghosts. Some of the music sounded the same. I didn't love it but i didn't hate it either. However when the HTDA song came on my ears started to bleed and i curled up into a fetal position until it passed. My BF who was at the exact moment the song came on, ran to the bathroom with explosive diarrhea, commented that it should have been used for the rape sequence because "TRENT SHOULD NEVER DO LOVE SONGS BECAUSE HE SOUNDS LIKE A PEDOPHILE".

And there you have it.
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

Orionslavegirl1 wrote:
jodi wrote:So Orion......you said you were going to go to i Pirate for a down load of the opus. Did you? Did you take that 3 hour nap? Did the mood music cause bad dreams during your nap? Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh yes, I did *acquire* a copy of GWTDT music,which i may say, half of isnt in the movie. I actually was writing something and it was decent background music, like Ghosts. Some of the music sounded the same. I didn't love it but i didn't hate it either. However when the HTDA song came on my ears started to bleed and i curled up into a fetal position until it passed. My BF who was at the exact moment the song came on, ran to the bathroom with explosive diarrhea, commented that it should have been used for the rape sequence because "TRENT SHOULD NEVER DO LOVE SONGS BECAUSE HE SOUNDS LIKE A PEDOPHILE".

And there you have it.
Thanks, just curious.