NIN Got Some Crazy Bitches, Part Trois

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Re: NIN Got Some Crazy Bitches, Part Trois

Post by enchantment »

:shock:
Last edited by enchantment on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

enchantment wrote:http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2013/ ... terrifying

this is the most catchy of the newer HTDA material, but her voice just does not do it for me. She sounds way too POP tart. parts sound really cheesy and lame too- she tries so hard to be trent, and it isn't working! I can't wait until their label tells him to do vocals and she can be stuck on background...if she can harmonize (doubt it)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Okay so bright eyed feral boy after smearing himself with frosting? Crisco? white lithium grease?; kills some old guy. Goes back to shack were his mother is ill and feeds her fresh human blood. It is artsy because it is done in black and white despite seeming like every "original" movie the Sci-Fi channel has made recently.

The song reminds me of a shittier syntho beat version of "How Long has this been Going On?" by Ace which was remade after various blues artists remade the original George Gershwin tune from Funny Face.

Fuck it. The comments are hilarious. Thanks, Enchantment.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bryin Dall•5 hours ago−
This is what happens when one is blinded by love and allows it to think your partner has talent. At least Yoko was creative! It just seems that trying to make your wife's spoken/sing-songy lilting
voice be dark and powerful doesn't work. It would be more palpable if
the video were more appropriate to the song.
Maybe having her in the video in a gingham dress. While I applaud
Trent for doing something that isn't saying "I'm so dark and angry" (we
all have different moods), forcing a song to appear dark and scary when
it sounds like something from Lilith Fair is silly!

Ryan Healy•4 hours ago−
I guess you would need to go hunting if all you had was cake frosting to eat.

jerimiah gentry•39 minutes ago−
This review is an example of the good writing at NPR. I read the blurb, first taking it as positive review. I watched the decidedly boring and dull video, read the comments and nodded along. I then re-read the blurb. Smart and diplomatic. Other than calling the composer Aticus Ross "brilliant" (which he may still be despite this tripe), the review hits at how unoriginal this concept is by noting its " unambiguously grim view..." and that "(surprise) man hunts man."

And my god, the whining refrain: "How long?!" How obvious. Terrible. But thank you NPR for your entertainingly objective review.
EvilNTent
Recording Your Demo

Post by EvilNTent »

I can't believe I'm saying this. But I thought her vocals were the least obnoxious part of this. The music was right from some cheeseball 80's synth band crap. Boring & repetitive. Not my favorite thing & a little ridiculous considering this is coming from a musician with the reputation TR has-deserved or not. The video was unintentionally hilarious. Especially coupled with this particular song. Gee, think they saw "Walking Dead" once or twice? But Mariqueen wasn't terrible. Not exactly a rousing endorsement but more than I expected to say.

Of course, this will sell like hot cakes to....um....the inhabitants of nin.com.
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
citrinecastle
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by citrinecastle »

WTF did I just watch? The entire time I was watching it you know what I kept thinking about? And this was because of the pin point glowing eyeball thing.....I kept thinking back to the Blondie video for 'Rapture'. Remember? The dude in the white pimp suit with the stupid flashing blinking light eye glasses?

Her vocals weren't too awful. At least she wasn't whispering this time.

But the video is just dismal. Ugh.
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

Sad to say:
I think Q doing a tune about shoes would be more authentic and enjoyable.
Orionslavegirl1
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Orionslavegirl1 »

I kept thinking why is perry Farrel in this video.

The song did NOT match the video. Are they even trying anymore?
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
apple_of_soddom
Picking a Band Name

Post by apple_of_soddom »

more clip-oS by our favorite band
http://vimeo.com/destroyangels/videos
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

Interesting. 4 videos to promote this EP/LP.

Is this normal in this day and age? I thought videos went by the wayside. Downloads and Pandora listens ruled now. Seems they are spending an awful lot of time, money, and energy making videos.

Appetite for Destruction by GnR back in the late 80s (a much stronger debut album) only had 3. Right?
Orionslavegirl1

jodi wrote:Interesting. 4 videos to promote this EP/LP.

Is this normal in this day and age? I thought videos went by the wayside. Downloads and Pandora listens ruled now. Seems they are spending an awful lot of time, money, and energy making videos.

Appetite for Destruction by GnR back in the late 80s (a much stronger debut album) only had 3. Right?
I think its because the music sucks so much that he is trying to distract listeners with the "art visuals". If this was on pandora, i would hit the next button
Violet Black
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Violet Black »

These low budget bitches. They're trying to rip off Fever Ray so hard and doing nothing but failing.
Black is the color of my true love's hair.
lillfish
Taking Music Lessons

Post by lillfish »

Plucking eyebrows is too mainstream. :?
LeeLoo
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by LeeLoo »

MARIQUEEN MAANDIG‏@mariqueen 20hrs

listen to @destroyangels' new album #WelcomeOblivion in its entirety and browse visuals, on Pitchfork Advance:
http://pitchfork.com/advance/33-welcome-oblivion/

Stream How to destroy angels_: Welcome Oblivion on Pitchfork Advance

How to destroy angels_, the project of Trent Reznor, Mariqueen Maandig, Rob Sheridan, and Atticus Ross, are releasing their debut album, Welcome oblivion, on March 5 via Columbia.

I just started to listen. So far WTF?
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

LeeLoo

Post by LeeLoo »

HTDA tour dates

In addition to Coachella, we’ll be performing in a few select North American cities in April. Here’s the schedule:

4.12 indio, ca [coachella]

4.13 las vegas, nv

4.17 monterey, ca

4.18 san francisco, ca

4.19 indo, ca [coachella]

4.21 denver, co

4.23 chicago, il

4.25 toronto, on

4.27 boston, ma

4.28 montclair, nj

4.29 new york, ny

These are the only dates we have scheduled right now. To preemptively answer the “when are you coming to my city/country??” questions: We just don’t know. Right now, the dates above are the only dates. There are some other announcements coming soon that will impact this as well…

For these shows, we’ll be doing direct presales for a limited number of tickets. Presales will begin Wednesday 2.27. More details, including venues and ticketing info, will be coming tomorrow. Stay tuned.

http://howtodestroyangels.com/

BTW I was listening to the free Pitchfork LP, my teenager came in and asked me to turn it off. I wasn't even playing it loudly. My teenager is a Rammstein and Municiple Waste fan.
RichardL
Recording Your Demo

Post by RichardL »

What band is touring with them? Maybe they will be the one to sell out the venues. And some of those venues are too large for the band, just like Trent's ego. Interested in knowing how many tickets they sell if anyone happens to bother going. No shows near me, and I wouldn't go anyways.
Orionslavegirl1

I saw Pusifer at the Apollo and they were great. However, the security are a bunch of nazis

And here i wanted to throw tomatoes at her
jodi
Recording Debut Album

Post by jodi »

Here are the venues they are playing:

TOUR
Indio, CA
Coachella

Las Vegas, NV
Pearl Theatre

Monterey, CA
The Golden State Theatre

San Francisco, CA
The Regency Ballroom

Indio, CA
Coachella

Denver, CO
Paramount Theater

Chicago, IL
Vic Theatre

Toronto, ON
Sound Academy

Boston, MA
House of Blues

Montclair, NJ
Wellmont Theatre

New York, NY
The Apollo Theater

For all shows except Coachella, we'll be doing direct presales for a limited number of tickets. Presales will begin Wednesday, February 27th. We expect these to go very quickly. The rest of the tickets will be available through regular ticket outlets shortly after. All the specific details and ticketing links will be added to this page as we get them.

The presale tickets available from us are non-transferable. They will have your name printed on them, and you'll need to show photo ID at the venue. This is to prevent scalping and ensure that tickets go directly to fans at a reasonable price.

We're working with a new partner, Modlife, for HTDA ticketing, merch, and album sales. We think this will lead to a better purchasing experience all around. If you have any technical problems with the presale process, please contact support at [email protected]. For tour updates, follow HTDA on Twitter, Tumblr, or Facebook.

*edited to add: Is this common pre-sale ticket procedure?
Or is posting in this thread just making me paranoid?
Last edited by jodi on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
citrinecastle
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by citrinecastle »

The Regency Ballroom, huh? I find it ironic that Starfucker is playing there soon.

So is Abba The Concert.

And I'd rather see Abba The Concert than Midget Boy And Eyebrow. :|
RichardL
Recording Your Demo

Post by RichardL »

What fans? And why do they have to worry about scalping? They would have to pay people to give away tickets. What shock value tactic will he employ this time for attention? Throwing temper tantrums on twitter? Having treasure hunts for stupid things all over the internet? Trent's antics have gotten old just like him. He should post ads for the band on the nin.com mainpage so he can get some NIN fans to go, which will be mostly all of the few that attend.
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
EvilNTent
Recording Your Demo

Post by EvilNTent »

"When you take into account the fact that Maandig was and is a musician in her own right, fronting her own band from 2004 to 2009, all you’re left with is baseless Internet misogyny."

I chose one paragraph from this to discuss. Nothing else was necessary.

Calling Mariqueen a musician in her own right is a ridiculous overstatement not to mention an insult to actual musicians. She sings. Not very well. Without her husband, she'd still be doing whatever it was she did for a living before she met him. I'm sure the internet misogynists who despise her for marrying Trent will fill in the blanks regarding her former occupation.

Her own band?

Last I heard, the band was actually the ex boyfriend's, not hers. I saw WIG several years ago. As far as I saw, Mrs. Reznor's basic job in that band was to pose, fling her hair around, pout & provide something to look at for whoever bothered to show up to see the show. She did sing. Not very well. The rest of the band was doing the heavy lifting.

However. I thought then & I think now that she was brought in to provide eye candy & probably more because of the boyfriend rather than there being any actual musical ability.

You know. Kind of like now.

I mean, seriously folks. A musician in her own right?

I painted my living room a few weeks ago. By the Reznors' thinking, that must make me an artist. Right?

Jesus.
LeeLoo

Post by LeeLoo »

Mariqueen posted this last night on her Twatter and then deleted it :roll:

If I had direct FTP access to right now I'd troll you so hard.
tour.destroyangels.com/

I'm not sure what it means, except the drama mama is trying to get noticed.

PS: I thought she was mainly a backup singer in WIG that disliked underwear.
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

\
Last edited by enchantment on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orionslavegirl1

God what a sad article. No one still mentions the extent of both of their adult temper tantrums egged on the people spitting hatred back on them.

They dont realize mentioning and whining and plowing straight into the trolling made it happen MORE and more and more. fuck that was half the fun. People were on the internet egging on a fucking millionaire. Thats sad but shit it was pretty fucking funny at one point.

Remember "Mariqueen and I are a unstoppable force of greatness" god that sounds like something a highschooler writes on a locker

back to the music if they were awesome comments would have become

"All golddigging jokes aside this CHICK CAN SING"
"Or wow this is amazing"

But no its more like people having to explain WHY they like it.

I will give a compliment. The HTDA song in the new Hannibal tv show trailer sounded pretty sweet in its context.
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

RichardL
Recording Your Demo

Post by RichardL »

Imagine having to wake up to this on your facebook, someone had posted it who wasn't even my friend on facebook anymore.
RichardL
Recording Your Demo

Post by RichardL »

Article it came from http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... mID=186688
Trent wants NIN to do a comeback tour this summer. It's surprised none of us, maybe he can have How To Destroy Eardrums up for them. Only that he's waited so long to do it. Band lineup is him, Eric Avery, Adrian Belew, Josh Eustis, Alessandro Cortini, Ilan Rubin, and any other musician desparate for money. Trent is all about the money, it'll help pay for How to Destroy Angels album, tour, and his wife's food. I won't be going and spending any money on him.
There's also a topix.com posting about Maynard James Keenan that people are posting at if anyone is interested http://www.topix.com/forum/who/maynard- ... AR28Q7SDC7