NW Musical Fashion History

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BloodQueen
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

NW Musical Fashion History

Post by BloodQueen »

I was looking for a pic of Mike Starr to post on another thread and ran across this

Notice the shorts w/ long john ensemble and Doc's? It so brought me back to the early 90's, everyone dressed like this here in the grunge capital of the world, the "Great NW". Somehow I went from skin tight lycra-ish sex dresses and stripper heels to this in a handful of years.

Bands like Nirvana sported the thrift store Value Village gear w/ the Brady Bunch striped tees, old man golf sweaters and Converse All Stars cuz they were under $20 new.

You'll notice that Pearl Jam sported a similar look to Alice in Chains cept one guy in each band was working that lame ass Bridget Fonda in Singles chapeau

Alot of guys started working the Phil Anselmo do featured here
Kinda like a twist on Newsted's shaved sides...almost mullety where if left unfettered it's all hardcore but ponytailed it's all clean around the edges

Soundgarden were more metal, notice the leather and longer hair

The Accused were more thrash but had a punk following and working that same look

WOW, took me a good hour to walk down memory lane on this one. I really grew up on hair bands and spent my teen years chasing after them but living in the NW when the world's music scene shifted on it's axis happened while I was an adult. I was married to a musician caught on the ride and I still think it's crazy that the rest of the world started to emulate a patented NW look.
Christ...the other white meat

"You are gayer than a rainbow handbag full of dick." ZVD