Now that this place is pretty much dead

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

greengage
Music Fan

Now that this place is pretty much dead

Post by greengage »

Which sites/fora has everyone migrated to?
rawkerfourtyfive
Playing Frat Parties

Re: Now that this place is pretty much dead

Post by rawkerfourtyfive »

I would love to know that too.
People do not talk about it as much as they used to. Wives etc.. find out about these places and read up on their men, in turn causing too many problems at home and the boys narrow it down easily these days about who is talking so people are more on the hush hush about groupie stories so that they can keep sleeping with them and not be be outed. It's too bad too cuz I would love some dirt on some specific rocker boys if I was able to get a hold of it...I also noticed some groupie stories were posted on other boards, has since mysteriously been removed as of the last few weeks.
fastermetallicat
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by fastermetallicat »

There's a lot of groupie gossip on sites like tumblr. There also used to be a site for newer and lesser known bands called isanyoneup. It's been deleted, and I didn't recognize the majority of the bands on there when it was still up, but I do remember seeing a couple of things on bigger bands like Escape the Fate and Black Tide. A lot of the groupie tumblrs cater to those younger bands...a lot about Avenged Sevenfold. The problem with tumblr is it's easily found by teenage fangirls who make up stories or "fanfiction" so it's hard to get actual gossip. But there are legitimate groupies on there too. There was a chick who had a tumblr for awhile and she had a ton of dirt on the 80s guys. She's deleted her tumblr since though.
rawkerfourtyfive
Playing Frat Parties

It is pretty sad what the world of music has become. Who cares about bands where guys dress like girls?? and yes, I have found those stories too about the fan fiction. Pretty sad what the world of gossip has become. Is there any place with LEGIT gossip about Metal bands? and by Metal I mean, actual METAL bands. Not these "Escape the fate" kid bands. I am talking about music for ADULTS. Oh I forgot, I've also read some of those "fan fiction" stories at first not knowing it was written as fan fiction, until I was done reading it about a rocker I want to hook hook up with, and the girl wrote about him being a woman abuser etc. I was floored when I read this. I couldn't believe even as "fan fiction," these girls have the audacity to write these men up as wife beaters. I was shocked and disgusted.
Last edited by rawkerfourtyfive on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NativeTampon
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by NativeTampon »

rawkerfourtyfive wrote:Who cares about bands where guys dress like girls??
Although I understand the point behind the question, it is kind of silly posting a question like this on a message board dedicated to GLAM ROCK.

However, I will support your intended question by saying that even the glam bands of the 70's and 80's did not seem as effeminate or "girly" as the modern Emo-type bands do in 2012. I mean sure glam rockers like David Bowie, David Johansen, etc. looked like girls, but their pants showed major bulging and they still looked like they could get into a decent bar fight with a chance of actually winning

I think Stevil not updating the World Famous Penis Chart has a lot to do with him not wanting any flack from the newer artists and their touring antics. There are plenty of rockers that could be added, but no one wants to be the one to get busted telling stories either
rawkerfourtyfive
Playing Frat Parties

Sorry that is not what I meant. I was referring to one of the said bands above of "today's music." where I only know of said type bands that dress like girls have fan bases of 12-14 year olds. I wasn't referencing to the glam bands from back in the days where they actually played decent respectable adult based music. I was intending that towards the teenie bopper kid bands of today. Where these teenagers troll boards thinking these bands are "hard core metal" to them when they don't in fact play anything actually decent and are not real metal bands or even considered "metal." My apologies.
Sixx6Sixx

Post by Sixx6Sixx »

rawkerfourtyfive wrote: Oh I forgot I've also read some of those "fan fiction" stories at first not knowing it was written as fan fiction until I was done reading it about a rocker I want took hook up with and the girl wrote about him being a woman abuser etc. I was floored when I read this. I couldn't believe even as "fan fiction" these girls have the audacity to write these men up as wife beaters. I was shocked and disgusted.
I know what you mean. I have only read a few, but I saw one the other day where the band member's girlfriend died in childbirth, the baby died, and then he hooked up with the girl that wrote the fanfic. :shock: Even though it's just some fantasy, it's still pretty fucked up! :?
fastermetallicat

Post by fastermetallicat »

Fanfiction is all kinds of weird. Some go into like incestuous relationships and what not and it's just so deranged.

But rawkerfourtyfive, what kind of stories are you looking for? Like current stories? If so, which bands?
rawkerfourtyfive
Playing Frat Parties

fastermetallicat wrote:Fanfiction is all kinds of weird. Some go into like incestuous relationships and what not and it's just so deranged.

But rawkerfourtyfive, what kind of stories are you looking for? Like current stories? If so, which bands?

For the moment nobody, as it seems most (music for adult) bands either are not currently touring or, are not touring America anyways but, if I come up on something I guess I will just have to create a topic asking in the future :)