Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by Bridget »

YYC wrote:Benjamin Button What a boring, pretentious, self-important pieces of shit. I actually fell asleep for 30 minutes in the middle, woke up, and felt like I'd missed nothing. The supposedly astounding special effects were nothing to write home about. Whatever. It's like a narcolepsy-inducing version of Forrest Gump. 3/10
Finally, someone who agrees with me on this. That movie bored me to tears, and I think that had they stuck with the original short story plot, it would have been better.

I saw the new Harry Potter flick the other day. Not bad, the kids still can't act beyond a furrowed brow, and still, way too many reaction shots, which are usually a bad idea when you're dealing with actors who got hired based on a resemblance to a character in a book. I will say the special effects have improved in this series. 7/10
witchbitch
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by witchbitch »

I saw Bruno Saturday night. Fucking hilarious. 4 out of 5 stars because it dragged a little in places.
Oh good heavens, baby where's my medicine?
I must have left it outside with my etiquette
The undertaker's rule of thumb
It's hard to talk with a Novocaine tongue
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

He's Just Not That Into You

2.5 out of 5

The GF likes chick flicks, shut up. Yawn. It's the same movie you see every few months. Same soundtrack, etc. If your bored out of your mind, watch it. It's something to do. It ends the exact same way you'd expect it to, except there is no "chase" scene that's prevelant in all those fucking movies.

Luis Guzman is in it, and I love his Goddamn movies. His role was to little to be of importance though.

Oh and this dame is in it and she's cute.
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

killeverything wrote:
Oh and this dame is in it and she's cute.

Is that the youngest wife from Big Love?
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

Yes, it was her. She is very cute.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
EvilPettingZoo
Recording Your Demo

Post by EvilPettingZoo »

Revolutionary Road: 9/10

Good cast,compelling story....Kate Winslet is one hell of an actress.
Punk
Headlining Clubs

Post by Punk »

jadecrowe wrote:Horsemen

7 out of 10. predictable in some spots, but even then they still manage to throw you a curve ball. Kinda leaves you hanging at the end, but i guess that's a good way to pave the road for a sequel.

plus Dennis Quaid is in it. you can't go wrong with him.
I was so digging the fuck out of this movie until I ventured a guess as to what was going on...I kept hoping against hope that I was wrong, because that's fucking lame. Then the last 5 minutes...I literally jumped up and said "noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!"

Absolutely a terrible ending. Beyond terrible. I couldn't believe is was that shitty.

-14 out of 10, for making me like it then crushing me.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

EvilPettingZoo wrote:Revolutionary Road: 9/10

Good cast,compelling story....Kate Winslet is one hell of an actress.
I beg to differ. So-so cast, depressing story, pretentious movie, horrible pacing.
Triumph
Headlining Clubs

Post by Triumph »

A Haunting In Connecticut.

7....which is pretty solid for a horror flick. Dug it.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

IDIAMINDADA wrote:I used to really love DAVID FINCHER...
No kidding. I think that's part of why I was so disappointed in Button.
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

Watchmen (Director's Cut)

Longest ... movie ... ever.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Juno 2/10 the writting was weak

still glad the the "slut" won the oscar
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

Gonzo
Documentary about Hunter S. Thompson, narrated by his fanboi, Johnny Depp. Really good documentary, really interesting. I have read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and was familiar with the 'character' of Hunter S. Thompson, just his image or whatever. This documentary made me more familiar with his political writings for Rolling Stone and his involvement in the political movements of that time. It is also a really comprehensive look at his life, in addition to his times. Tons of interviews and home videos, tape recordings and old interviews and pictures. Very well done, I actually loved it.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

Mister Lonely: 7/10

A Harmony Korine film about a commune of celebrity impersonators, focusing mainly on the Michael Jackson and Marilyn Monroe impersonators. Sub-plot about a nun who falls out of a plane and miraculously survives. Decent flick.

Baise-Moi: 6/10

French movie that gained notoriety for its graphic sex scenes. Some chick gets raped and goes on a killing rampage with this other chick. Some funny dialogue and lightly brutal violence. Hot tits on the one chick.
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
Punk
Headlining Clubs

Post by Punk »

The Watchmen

Not sure how to rate this...a little too long and I was a tad disappointed, but it was still a great movie.
RicheyJamesEdwards
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by RicheyJamesEdwards »

Adventureland - 8/10 - reminded me of an 80's teen movie like Pretty in Pink or Some Kind of Wonderful. Liked it a lot. And now I can sorta see Kristen Stewart playing a decent Joan Jett.

Let The Right One In - 7/10 - Really good and something different for a Vampire movie. But some scenes are a little too far fetched. I expected more especially since it's rated at like 98% on Rotten Tomatoes.
becq79
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by becq79 »

I saw the new Hannah Montana movie recently. My 4 year old daughter is the fan - not I.

Movie was shit to say the least.

Would 2/10 be too generous?
stella_d_ella
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by stella_d_ella »

I just watched "Death at a Funeral" and will give it a 8/10. It was good for a few laughs.

I was bummed to find out that there is an American version of the movie coming out in 2010. I don't think it's going to be too great with James Marsdan and Luke Wilson- the British version is great as it is.
Pat Boone wrote:"I am not moonwalking, I am Boone-walking."
YYC
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by YYC »

Watched three movies today:

Rescue Dawn--Decent, but I thought it kinda dragged after a while. 5/10

30 Days of Night--Wow, what a miserable piece of shit. I've seen better direct to sci-fi movies. 2/10

Hot Fuzz--Fucking hilarious. 8/10
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Grendel wrote: It had problems, but it was cool to see who they got to play the band - Pat Smear was played by that pledge from Old School.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

YYC wrote: 30 Days of Night--Wow, what a miserable piece of shit. I've seen better direct to sci-fi movies. 2/10

Rewatched both of those the other day as luck would have it.
Hot Fuzz is indeed awesome, but I also enjoyed 30 Days of Night for what it was. I know millions didn't, but I liked the premise and thought the vampires were particularly bad ass/fun.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

Haunting in Connecticut: It was extremely similar to that Amityville Horror remake from a couple years ago. The Amityville remake was really good, btw, and I liked this movie a lot too. I love when they tell you a horror movie is "based on actual events" and then you google it and find out that the "actual event" is some lady who was batshit crazy claiming a demon raped her in the house.....and that "event" is not even in the movie. Same thing with "The Strangers". I googled those "actual events" and found out they are referencing the Manson murders! Just stop it. In the age of google, your lies are ineffective.

Ice Age, Dawn of the Dinosaurs: Took the kids to the movies, okay? This is one of those movies that, although it is a kid's movie, it does not make you want to down a handful of sleeping pills to escape the experience.

Madea Goes to Jail: This movie is hilariously awesome.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Trade.

I'm gonna give it a motherfucking 9 outta 10.

The movie deals with the human trade business for prostitution.Bitches being sold as sex slaves in America and shit. But also young boys and girls.

Scumbag motherfuckers.

A bing part of the film is spoken in spanish, so if you can't read subs and watch the movie at the same time, you suck and should make an effort cause the movie is really that fucking good.

They even show grishnak boss's old barrio.
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Pineapple express

Ill give it 7/10, some laughs but not as great as others made it
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Stop_I'mAlreadyDead wrote:Brokeback Mountain--4/10--Trying to talk shit about the gay aspect of this movie is just to fail, but my beef with it is the annoying clenched jawed way Ledger delivered his lines.

Memoirs of a Geisha--6/10--I found myself oddly drawn to the story itself but i really got boored and tuned it out about halfway throuugh and read a book whilemy wife watched the rest.

I hate it when Netflix sends two of my wife's picks at the same time. But The Departed and American History X are being sent at the moment and i just got back from Wally World and found There Will Be Blood and Death to Smoochy so things are looking up.
You hate it? I had to sit through 40 minutes of Benjiman Button Saturday because I'd already sent back The Conversation (Hackman rules, period) and the only other choice was The Duchess. And there's no way I was watching that fucking movie. Whatever it is.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

demolition23 wrote:
YYC wrote: 30 Days of Night--Wow, what a miserable piece of shit. I've seen better direct to sci-fi movies. 2/10

Rewatched both of those the other day as luck would have it.
Hot Fuzz is indeed awesome, but I also enjoyed 30 Days of Night for what it was. I know millions didn't, but I liked the premise and thought the vampires were particularly bad ass/fun.
Loved both of those. 30 Days looks awesome in HD with the mostly white backgrounds. It's really entertaining.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Grendel wrote:Turbonegro: Reserection

Really enjoyed this! Documentary that caught up with Hank after the period where he had a heroin-induced meltdown and quit the band. It showed him in the small Norwegian town where he grew up, where he hosted a small radio program that played traditional maritime songs and worked as a guide at the whaling museum. The film chronicled the other guys reaching out to him and what it took to reform the band. There were actually some really sweet moments in the film. Hank was/is very soft spoken and gentle, and it kicked ass to see him return to the stage, putting flares between his ass cheeks and whatnot. 8.8/10
That sounds really interesting. Where did you get to see it? I haven't even heard about it before.

Are you sure about the rating, by the way? Because, if I put an effort into tracking this one down I want to be sure it's not one of those lousy 8.7 kind of movies, you know?
BigDrewHalenite
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by BigDrewHalenite »

Brüno: 6.5/10. Some really big laughs, especially when he hit on Ron Paul, causing a Lickety-style meltdown, pantomiming nasty gay sex in front of a "psychic", and tormenting the black talkshow audience with little OJ.

On the other hand, some horrifying male nudity, and a scene with a dominatrix at a swingers' party that got a little too close to the edge for comfort.

Overall, it had a very similar story arc to that of Borat, and almost felt like a retread or pale imitation. Funny, but not worth the price of a ticket to a first-run theater. Wait for the DVD.
chickenona wrote:YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Stop_I'mAlreadyDead wrote: I hate it when Netflix sends two of my wife's picks at the same time.
Set up a separate "account" on netflix so it sends one from yours and one from hers.

We have the 4 at a time plan and have 4 separate accounts on it.
slash69
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by slash69 »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:
Grendel wrote:Turbonegro: Reserection

Really enjoyed this! Documentary that caught up with Hank after the period where he had a heroin-induced meltdown and quit the band. It showed him in the small Norwegian town where he grew up, where he hosted a small radio program that played traditional maritime songs and worked as a guide at the whaling museum. The film chronicled the other guys reaching out to him and what it took to reform the band. There were actually some really sweet moments in the film. Hank was/is very soft spoken and gentle, and it kicked ass to see him return to the stage, putting flares between his ass cheeks and whatnot. 8.8/10
That sounds really interesting. Where did you get to see it? I haven't even heard about it before.
Since you probably don't use Netflix, it's on Amazon for like 12 euros. I've seen it in a lot of music stores, as well. Or just download it as a torrent.