Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by MurrayFiend »

Brief Interviews With Hideous Men- 4/10. Crappy... my friend said the book was far superior and I'm inclined to believe him. John Krasinski pretty much turned this into a showcase for his high school-level 'dramatic' acting there at the end. Fuck that.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Whatever works, Im not a Woody Allen fan but there was absolutely nothing good on tv last night so i gave it a shot cause i like larry david

The first 45 minutes were pretty great with larry just being larry, the next 45 with the mother and father showing up :? . Id go 6/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
ArielPlath
Headlining Clubs

Post by ArielPlath »

Just saw "Edge of Darkness" - good flick! Makes you wonder if something like that could happen, then again, I'm all about conspiracy theories.
“Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
and I eat men like air.”

― Sylvia Plath, Ariel
doctordestructo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by doctordestructo »

DAYBREAKERS: 7/10

Cool B-movie... far from perfect but a good new take on the vampire genre, and gory.
ME262
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by ME262 »

Black Dynamite 8/10 - Funny send-up of 70's blaxploitation movies.

Cops: We just found out your brother was killed & we don't need you turning the streets into of river of blood.

Black Dynamite: Then tell me who it is & I'll only make a puddle.

:lol: Good shit.
Pandora_Peroxide
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Pandora_Peroxide »

2012 - plot was awful and some of the acting was poor. Effects weren't all that. 5/10

The Hangover - enjoyed this one as it's silly plot kept me laughing. Better than I thought it would be. 8/10

Rocky 3 - nothing else on TV on Fri night. I have a soft spot for Rocky films (apart from 5) so enjoyed this. 9/10
justinjc7
Headlining Clubs

Post by justinjc7 »

Just saw Superbad and Sandlot on FX yesterday

Superbad-Great movie, definitly a classic. Kickstarted the careers of Jonah Hill and Michael Cera. If you haven't seen it yet, something is wrong with you.

Sandlot-Another classic movie, one of my favorites of all time. I can watch it everyday and it wil never get old
lolo66
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by lolo66 »

Halloween II 7/10
Pretty damn great!
Creepy, dark and violent but with that 70's kitsch that pervades all of RZ's films.
Didn't like a usually quiet MM making noise when he killed. I know that sounds weird but he is much creepier when he's silent.
Also, sick of RZ's wife. She can't act and the whole dream/hallucination scenes (whatever the hell that was) were stupid.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

The Music Lovers - 10

It had something to do with Tchaikovsky and there was lots of his first piano concerto. I especially liked the last six hours of the music during the menu after it was over. So did my neighbors.

Yeah, watch this high or drunk or both.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

The Invention of Lying

Pretty funny but the concept had me watching the movie very carefully to see if there were any lies in there. I found one - at the end, Jennifer Garner fake smiles to her mother, which is a LIE.

7/10

Sleeping Dogs Lie

A movie about a chick who blows her dog (seriously) and her internal conflict about whether or not to tell her fiance. It was when she was 18 and she didn't like it so it's not that bad. Good movie but too long.

7/10
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
Pretty Dead Boy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Pretty Dead Boy »

Diary Of The Dead:

10/10 for pure Romero awesomeness. Awesome being a block of Velveeta Cheese.

6/10 for a solid film rating.

Let's face it kids, a Romero film isn't made to win awards. It's made for you to point and laugh at dudes wasting 4 of 5 shots on a Zombies chest when you all KNOW that head shot is what counts.

It was good fun. Even my girl's 2 year old went... "Zombie! HEAD!" and pointed to the screen.

It was a fun flick, but not a GOOD one.

Past that, we watched "Dark Days", a documentary of the people who lived under Penn Station, and that movie was pretty....dark. And good, guess it should get it's own post on this thread, but I gotta go make another Whiskey/Coke.
Hurls34

Post by Hurls34 »

Just saw a double feature, which turned into a triple feature.

Edge of Darkness: 7/10 stars: Pretty good movie. Mel's back and he's pissed. I was very entertained.
I should have left after seeing this because it all went seriously downhill from there.

I then walked into a After Dark Horrorfest movie

Kill Theory: 3/10 stars: I walked into this one five-minutes in, but got caught up to speed fairly quickly. This one is kinda like a cross between a SAW knock-off and an Eli Roth movie. It also had this anti-climatical twist at the end which didn't work. I really should have left after watching this mess, but stuck around for the next Horrorfest movie... boy was I sorry.

The Graves: 1/10 stars: This is easily the worst movie I've seen all year.
This would be the prefect Mystery Science Theater movie and if they ever decide to do this one they should call me because I riffed away and have plenty of material.
Now granted, the Horrorfest movies as a whole are generally pretty bad, so I didn't have high hopes for it anyway, but this was was worse than I expected.
The story was convoluted and confusing. The way some scenes were framed was horrible (the diner scene), editing was choppy, production was crappy. So I guess the triplethreat role of writer, producer and director was too much for Mr. pulido.
I know what he wanted to do. This movie wanted to be a Rob Zombie movie... and I HATE ROB ZOMBIE MOVIES - Strike one!
Bill Mosley is in this movie... and I hate any actors that had to do with any Rob Zombie movies (with the possible exception of Ginger Lynn) - Strike two!
The most threatening thing in this movie is THE WIND! - A convienant plot device that worked wonders movies like The Happening - Strike three.

The two female leads were cute, that's the only thing going for this movie.
There's one scene toward the climax where the evil wind forces them to try biting eachother even though they're tided up back-to-back on a keg ... which was just plain embarrassing.
The best line in the film came from one of the girls who says "I'm sorry I ever brought you here." To which I sad "ME TOO!"
Also its amazing how one piece of gauze can dramatically heal a sickle puncture wound to the heart.
Yorgi: Now that buisness is finished, We party. Kolya!!!

Kolya: Bitches, come!!!!
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

Sweeney Todd

Finally got around to seeing this. Meh. Not bad. Kinda gay.

5/10
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

deathcurse wrote:Sweeney Todd

Not bad.
Also not good.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

Bridget wrote:
deathcurse wrote:Sweeney Todd

Not bad.
Also not good.
Yeah, I would say that. I hate Tim Burton so I wound up liking it more than I thought I would.
Alabama Slammer

Post by Alabama Slammer »

Watched Bound the other night for no apparent reason. I found myself wanting to fast forward through the last 20 minutes or so just to get to the pay off. 4 out of 10 + 1 for the lesbian scene with Gershon / Tilly.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Garbage Truck Juice wrote:I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell - 9/10

It's about some dude who is a gigolo and this is his story. Any movie that has Traci Lords blowing up a toilet only to be followed by someone squirt shitting all over a hotel lobby floor gets my approval.

If I knew how to read I'd get the book this was based off.
I haven't seen the movie yet, but the book was funny as hell.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

Dead End - 4/10.

On the flip side, the kid (Jimmy Fallon look a like) that played Ray Wise's son should go down as one of the most annoyingly douchey characters in a movie, all time.
Iron Duck
Headlining Clubs

Post by Iron Duck »

AmericanJackass wrote:
Iron Duck wrote: The Dirty Dozen - 8/10 Don't remember ever seeing Lee Marvin before. Odd to see so much behind the eyes of such an easily stereotyped character. Sutherland, Bronson, and Cassavetes are awesome. Savalas creeped me the fuck out, and I had to recheck that it was the same one. The only thing I'd seen him in prior to this was On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and even if he was good in it, it's hard to focus on any redeeming qualities to that movie. And Jim Brown's character was surprisingly lovable and significant for being played by a football player. Cheers cheers.
Duck, have you ever seen The Big Red One? It's another good war movie w/Lee Marvin. Mark Hamill is also in in it.
I haven't. Always a surprise to see a movie with more than Hamill's voice in it.
Punk
Headlining Clubs

Post by Punk »

Whiteout

Weak. I had it figured out less than half way through the film. The only redeeming quality is that the outdoor scenes were pretty effective, but it couldn't rescue this pile of shit.
AmericanJackass
Headlining Clubs

Post by AmericanJackass »

Iron Duck wrote:
AmericanJackass wrote:
Iron Duck wrote: The Dirty Dozen - 8/10 Don't remember ever seeing Lee Marvin before. Odd to see so much behind the eyes of such an easily stereotyped character. Sutherland, Bronson, and Cassavetes are awesome. Savalas creeped me the fuck out, and I had to recheck that it was the same one. The only thing I'd seen him in prior to this was On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and even if he was good in it, it's hard to focus on any redeeming qualities to that movie. And Jim Brown's character was surprisingly lovable and significant for being played by a football player. Cheers cheers.
Duck, have you ever seen The Big Red One? It's another good war movie w/Lee Marvin. Mark Hamill is also in in it.
I haven't. Always a surprise to see a movie with more than Hamill's voice in it.
Check it out when you get the chance. Let me know what you think.
doctordestructo

Post by doctordestructo »

BRAVEHEART: 10/10

Watched the BluRay with Mel Gibson's commentary last night... good stuff.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Watched Legends of the Fall tonight.

Been a few years since the I watched it the first time. Just beautiful.

10/10, bitches.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Pan's Labyrinth - 9/10. One of the few movies I like that has a lot of CGI...Never takes away from the story and the villian is awesome.

Inglorious Basterds - 10/10. Absolutely excellent. Christopher Waltz deserves the Oscar, he was great in this.

The Hurt Locker - 8/10. Definitely deserves all the praise it's been getting. Several really intense scenes. Some great shots.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Rambo III - 2/10

Never saw this one and couldn't resist netflixing the blu ray of it.

Pretty awful movie. The hilarious thing about it the hopelessly outaded "russian bad guy" theme. They were already on the way to reform when this came out and it must have seemed pretty out of touch even then.

But the biggest whopper of the whole movie is the Afghan rebels...Rambo keeps hearing things from these guys about how "The Afghan people will never quit...they'll never allow an occupying force" etc. etc.

I wonder if Sly, who so clumsily wrote this love letter to the Taliban, still agrees with the political message of this film.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

A History of Violence - 8/10. Cronenberg + Viggo + Ed Harris = awesome.
GrayAntiMatter
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by GrayAntiMatter »

2/5
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince - 6/10 - Typical Harry Potter flick, a bunch of whiny emo British kids running around with magic twigs fighting towards no ending resolution. It's stupid how the cutest chick "Emma Watson" secretly likes the ugliest dork while the stud of the movie Harry likes the ugliest uninspiring chick. Not a bad film, it will keep ya interested but that's about it.

Zombieland - 6.5/10 - Pretty good flick, nothing I'd watch again but it was worth the rent.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Mikky_Five
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Mikky_Five »

GrayAntiMatter wrote:2/5

Really? Watch it again with the commentary.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Man the trailer for this movie made it look lamer than hell. Now that I know Kevin Smith is involved sign me up. Watch Bruce Willis laughing when Sean what's hisname Scott tells the knock knock joke.

Do not see watch this trailer at work.

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/c ... -neilm.php
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil