A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by johnk5150 »

MurrayFiend wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
Phoned it in and still managed to win best supporting actor. Connery must not have had any competition that year.
Yeah, really. Played an Irish character but spoke in his Scottish accent for the duration of the film. The scene where Costner goes to Connery's apartment to ask him to help out with the Capone thing is a master class in laughably poor acting.

"But Ayeeeeeeee'm just an old beat cop!"

Fuck that shit, man. :lol:
Did you like Tombstone?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Haven't seen it... why?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
slash69
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by slash69 »

Invictus - 7/10

Predictable and too much pathos in some scenes, but nice feel-good movie. It probably would have helped if I knew anything about rugby.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Black Dynamite - 9/10. So many quotes from this one...Hilarious, lots of great cameos, definitely worth multiple viewings.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

Vanilla Ice in "Cool As Ice" is on Encore's "Drama" channel.

It's hilariously bad when they're dramatic and painful when they play all the Vanilla Ice & Technotronic music.

Still gets a 4/10!
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

The Departed: 9/10 - Finally got around to seeing it a couple days ago. Absolutely loved it. Not too sure if I liked this more than Goodfellas, but I'm glad Scorcese got the Oscar nod for this.

Avatar: 8/5/10 - I thought the story was decent enough, but my god, that was visually draining. Absolutely amazing effects. If you haven't seen this, go see it while it's still out in theaters and you can see it in 3-D. Mesmerizing.

Hurt Locker 8.5/10 - Loved this movie too. It was a great weekend of movies for me. Very intense scenes, and I thought the main actor absolutely was spot on in his role.
puzzleface
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by puzzleface »

Star Trek - 10/10

Gene Roddenberry would be proud. They cast this one perfectly and the story is fantastic. JJ Abrahams did a great job in creating a film that encourages new fans while not alienating fans of the original series. Having Leonard Nimoy play a pivotal character and not just a cameo for nostalgia sake was very refreshing. I can't wait for a sequel.

Easily the best film of 2009.

Thrusters on full.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Shutter Island 6/10

Scorcese made a beautiful film. DiCaprio is at his best. The "twist" is kind of easy to figure out if you haven't read the book and know it's coming. But the "why" of what's happening might keep you guessing...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Garbage Truck Juice wrote:
BozoMcMetal wrote:Black Dynamite - 9/10. So many quotes from this one...Hilarious, lots of great cameos, definitely worth multiple viewings.
No doubt. Just saw this one and regretted not seeing it in the theater.

You diabolical dick shrinkin' mother fuckers!!!
I had to stop the DVD at the part where he throws the boomerang at Dr. Wu. Fuckin hilarious.

"Who didn't see that com- Who saw where that came from?"
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Couples Retreat - 6/10 - kind of stupid with some really funny scenes, could have been a lot better if they didn't rush the ending like a taco bell burrito.
It's like they dragged out the middle half then stopped giving a shit towards the end.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
graveyardtramp

Post by graveyardtramp »

Watched Daybreakers yesterday...decent enough modern horror pic with a few new twists on the tired vampire genre. An American film but shot over here with a few local actors in supporting roles, always makes viewing a bit strange when it's supposed to be the American outback when it's clearly the Australian bush! Willem Dafoe and Sam Neil were pretty good in it (Neil kinda reminded me of his Damien Thorne character from Omen III).

Would probably rate it a 6 out of 10.

Headng out to see Wolfman tomorrow and someone gave me a DVD of a film called Blood Creek which I know nothing about but am told it's pretty brutal.

In terms of older stuff I watched Lucio Fulci's great 1971 Italian giallo A Lizard in a Woman's Skin over the weekend...strange, surreal and pretty stylish, sexy & violent with a great Ennio Morricone score.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

The Wolfman- 4/10. Not nearly as funny as Bram Stoker's Dracula. Disappointing.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
MegaBeth
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by MegaBeth »

I saw Orphan on DVD a couple nights ago. It was alot better than I thought it would be. Kinda creepy.. kinda scary.. kinda cool.. I would rate it a 8 out of 10.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Cinderella Liberty (1973) - 8/10 - James Caan and Marsha Mason...I like older movies for several reasons the first would be because they still acted back then, both James and Marsha delivered.

Doug: You are so dumb you make me sick, whitey.
John Baggs Jr.: [fondly] Well I'm getting kinda fond of you too, spook.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Alabama Slammer

Post by Alabama Slammer »

Took the boy to see The Lightning Thief over the weekend. I think I ended up enjoying it as much as he did. I started reading the book when I got home, and the differences in the script were incredible. I understand that the entire series has been green-lit, so the script writers are going to have a lot of backtracking to do.

Overall, good movie, decent acting, imagine Harry Potter and Greek gods set in a modern world.
acefrehleysbeer
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by acefrehleysbeer »

Hurt Locker-5/5 really good movie. Guy should win a Oscar!
Free the WM3
http://www.wm3.org

When I die I don't want no part of heaven
I would not do heavens work well
I pray the devil comes and takes me
To stand in the fiery furnaces of hell
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

BozoMcMetal wrote:Black Dynamite - 9/10. So many quotes from this one...Hilarious, lots of great cameos, definitely worth multiple viewings.

Black Dynamite - 2/10 - Worst movie I've seen all year, an embarrassment to the Afro that just set back race relations 50 years. The Amos 'n Andy Show is rolling in their grave, makes The Last Dragon and I'm Gonna Git You Sucka look like the Godfather of black comedy. In fact I'm gonna watch Under Cover Brother just to cleanse myself of this filth.

This show had ZERO FUNK! I'm so disappointed, loved the idea and hoped for so much more.
graveyardtramp

Post by graveyardtramp »

Just got back from seeing The Wolfman....somewhat dissapointed, you could see evidence of the studio/director fighting over the final cut, and the werewolf attacks were too often just a cgi blur. Silly ending and another wasteful Anthony Hopkins performance, even Del Toro seemed to mail in his performance and this was reportedly a lifelong dream project for him...but on the positive side some great cinematography and music, couple of moderate scares and (as usual) some brilliant Rick Baker make-up. An overall 5/10.

Picked up the Anvil DVD on the way home so gonna pop the top off a cold brew and watch a little of it now.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

UtahRatt wrote:

Black Dynamite - 2/10 - Worst movie I've seen all year, an embarrassment to the Afro that just set back race relations 50 years. The Amos 'n Andy Show is rolling in their grave, makes The Last Dragon and I'm Gonna Git You Sucka look like the Godfather of black comedy. In fact I'm gonna watch Under Cover Brother just to cleanse myself of this filth.

This show had ZERO FUNK! I'm so disappointed, loved the idea and hoped for so much more.
Yeah some people here were saying the movie is good so I thought I'd check it out, but it was sucking so bad I didn't make it till the end.

I got to the part where they told him his brother was working undercover and I'm like "whatever I wasted enough time with this shit."
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

Christine (1983) - saw it at the movies and hadn't seen it in years since a couple of nights ago. I thought it held up pretty well. Arnie Cunningham was still as annoying as I recalled. 6.5/10
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

puzzleface wrote:Star Trek - 10/10

Gene Roddenberry would be proud. They cast this one perfectly and the story is fantastic. JJ Abrahams did a great job in creating a film that encourages new fans while not alienating fans of the original series. Having Leonard Nimoy play a pivotal character and not just a cameo for nostalgia sake was very refreshing. I can't wait for a sequel.

Easily the best film of 2009.

Thrusters on full.
8/10 - good movie but the bad guy is dreadful and his motivation is ridiculous. They never get the bad guys right in Star Trek, except of course for Star Trek II.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Fools Rush In

seen it maybe 20 times, love it..again a few nights ago

10/10
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
MegaBeth
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by MegaBeth »

I saw Funny People last night on DVD. I really liked it. It had the funny parts but it also had alot of heart. It almost felt like two movies. The first part was the dying / teaching the new guy movie. Then the second part was the trying to get back to girl part. It was a little too long but overall I would give it a 7/10.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

enter your username wrote:crazy heart - 10/10
agreed, the acclaim bridges is getting is well deserved, great character, great movie.

The collector-8/10, nice suspensful horror flick.
500 days of summer-, 5/10 eh kind of all over the place, not the kind of movie i'd watch again.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

A Serious Man - 8/10. The Coen brothers can't make a bad movie, this one was great.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Burn After Reading - 5/10.
Has it's funny moments.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Drag Me To Hell on blu-ray won't fucking boot up on my machine. This is unacceptable. Or as American Dog says, it's bullshit, goddammit.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Trist805
I LOVE BIG BLACK COCK

Post by Trist805 »

The Mist (2007) ...8/10.

I really enjoyed the short story by Stephen King and was worried they were gonna fuck this up. It was actually pretty good. Takes awhile for the monsters but I thought they were pretty evil and scary.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Trist805 wrote:The Mist (2007) ...8/10.

I really enjoyed the short story by Stephen King and was worried they were gonna fuck this up. It was actually pretty good. Takes awhile for the monsters but I thought they were pretty evil and scary.
Yep...good flick. The ending is a motherfucker.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

the ending was awesome, i laughed out loud
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"