Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by saracapri »

The Runaways

This movie sucked. Just as I suspected, it was all about Joan and Cherie. The only one who came off looking good in this crappy film was Joan. Lita Ford was totally ignored, except for the two scenes where she was just telling off Cherie and being jealous. Cherie got lots of attention, but she comes off looking pathetic, egotistical, stupid and slutty.

Even the closing credits, when they tell what everyone went on to do in their lives, went on and on about how successful Joan became, how Cherie was just a fucked up drug addict who tried to act and how Kim Fowley has green hair now. NO mention of the other band members at all. Don't see this movie unless you are down for a two hour Joan Jett asskissing. The filmmakers were so concerned with pleasing Joan that it's embarrassing. It's also boring and the acting from the Kim Fowley actor was SO hammy and overdone.

Rent Edgeplay.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Out Of The Cellar wrote:
Bridget wrote:
Out Of The Cellar wrote:The Devil's Backbone - 10/10

Holy shit! This movie is fuckin' awesome! This is like, a brutal version of Let the Right One In. Visuals, Audio, Acting, Story, and everything are all great! A horror/drama/action/thriller/romantic movie that combines all elements and creates balance! Fuck, this is magnificent!
While I wouldn't rate it quite as high as you have, I have to agree, it's pretty damn good.
Well, I think that it is really excellent. What made it great for me was the use of the romantic theme to balance the scare and creepiness brought by the scare factor. It was perfectly balanced, to sum it up.

Also, not only did it tackle a straightforward topic, it also added this political allegory kind of stuff, which I think adds some juice to the original fuck tardy of the movie. I don't know. I'm high.

6.5/10 .... being generous.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Goodfellas - 10
Ice Age 3 - 8
The Hurt Locker - 6
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
tapeworm abortion
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by tapeworm abortion »

I enjoyed the Runaways but movie but it had as much to do with the band as Sid and Nancy had to do with the Sex Pistols (and the snubbing at the end credits was wrong ESPECIALLY TO MS WEST who did sell the rights to her story). The chick who played Joan was good but Dakota was waaaaaay out of her league trying to portrait a jailbait Rock singer. She sucked at singing the songs: no attitutude and no moaning = no good.

Finally saw the Faboulous Stains that was some good shit.
Get up Man
Start a Band
It's nothing new
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

tapeworm abortion wrote: Finally saw the Faboulous Stains that was some good shit.
Awesome movie.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
BD888

Post by BD888 »

Funny People - 5/10
Out Of The Cellar

Post by Out Of The Cellar »

Face Off - 4/10

I found this quite absurd. Great thrill, and that's the problem. That's about the only good thing about the movie.
upinsmoke
Headlining Clubs

Post by upinsmoke »

Shutter Island ~ 7/10.

Not bad, but a little slow.
Out Of The Cellar

Post by Out Of The Cellar »

The Orphanage - 9/10

It's a spooky, psychological drama that effectively uses emotions to drive fear and feeling into you. Fuck, I sound like a geek.

Inglorious Basterd - 10/10

Anything that has Hitler dead is great.
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

Gojira - 10/10.

Actually, I didn't finish watching it, but since it's the Japanese original Godzilla, I know what it's about. It's longer than the American version by about 30 mins.
Ham Stroker's Ejacula
Transylvanian Wang

Post by Ham Stroker's Ejacula »

Kristi Vicious wrote:Gojira - 10/10.

Actually, I didn't finish watching it, but since it's the Japanese original Godzilla, I know what it's about. It's longer than the American version by about 30 mins.
Fun movie!

The original version is so much better than the butchered stick-Raymond-Burr-into-the-background-in-a-crowd-of-Japanese-Americans-and-have-him-draw-pensively-from-his-pipe-as-he-listens-to-the-Takashi-Shimura-doppleganger-wax-poetic-about-400-foot-tall-monster version.

:)
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

The reader - 10/10
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

Up in the Air: 8/10 - Put off watching this for a while and finally got around to it last night. Great movie and it pretty much solidified the fact that I can't listen to anyone's opinions about movies... since just about everyone I talked to said they didn't like it. Personally, I think they just didn't "get it". It was just like 500 Days of Summer, either you loved it and totally understood it, or you hated it and it just didn't click with you.
drops_of_jupiter
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by drops_of_jupiter »

The Sword In The Stone ~ 8/10. Loved this as a kid and it still holds up today. I've bought quite a few Disney movies recently - really just for my nieces, 'cos I feel like they've missed out as they've never seen them. I got Sleeping Beauty, Hercules, Beauty and the Beast, The Aristocats and a few others.

Great, fun film. I'm thinking of getting the Fox and the Hound for them next.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

drops_of_jupiter wrote:I'm thinking of getting the Fox and the Hound for them next.

"Gay Purr-ee" is a must see for any kid.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
drops_of_jupiter
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by drops_of_jupiter »

UtahRatt wrote:
drops_of_jupiter wrote:I'm thinking of getting the Fox and the Hound for them next.

I loved that film! They're 10, they won't get the gayness of it. At least, I hope not.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

drops_of_jupiter wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

I loved that film! They're 10, they won't get the gayness of it. At least, I hope not.
Only 10? Bout time to introduce them to South Park.

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is another one I remember, as good as the old cartoons are they really don't hold a candle to then new ones.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

Shutter Island - 7/10 The end was predictable, I guessed it after about 5 minutes. Lot's of shots of DiCaprio looking confused or grimacing. Quite a good film, with a good cast. Would recommend.

Blindside - 6/10 Better than I thought, kinda cheesy, Bullock's performance was good but certainly not Oscar worthy. I was surprised to find out that it was based on a true story, I knew nothing about the film prior to watching it.

Twilight - 2/10 Fuck this film was bad, it's gayer than Brokeback Mountain (which was a decent film), and seems to be endless shots of the white vampire looking into the distance with bleary orange eyes, and then the other muscular guy standing shirtless in the rain, with the girl screaming or shouting in her really annoying nasally voice. Why is it that almost every scene that had the father in it, has the daughter screaming or lying in bed?

Legion - 5/10 Good for a quasi zombie (possessed by angels) horror flick.
YYC

Post by YYC »

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chung Li--2/10 Lana Lang from Smallville is hot. That's where the "2" comes from. I was hungover and didn't feel like looking for the remote.

Joe Somebody--2/10 HBO has some suck ass movies on right now.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
acefrehleysbeer
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by acefrehleysbeer »

Capitalism:A Love Story.......4/5. I like MM! I dont care what anyone says he is no worse then the folks he targets. He may let the truth be blurred but you get a bigger picture of whats going on and there is some truth in the BIGGER PICTURE!

Next up is The Men Who Stare At Goats!
Free the WM3
http://www.wm3.org

When I die I don't want no part of heaven
I would not do heavens work well
I pray the devil comes and takes me
To stand in the fiery furnaces of hell
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Million Dollar Baby - 10/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

The Color Purple is incredible. I don't know how I went so long without watching it, but it really is magnificent. Even Oprah is fucking incredible. This movie will make the hardest man cry.

"A Triumph." says Woosh of the Sludge Lounge. 10/10
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
upinsmoke
Headlining Clubs

Post by upinsmoke »

Servant Of Satan wrote:Wedding Crashers: 1.5 out of 5. I don't know why people thought this was so funny I had two laughs in the whole movie. Very unfunny comedy do not waste your time seeing this.
Agreed. That turd was nothing but a bait and switch to get unsuspecting guys into a theater or in front of a screen to please girlfriends/wives. There were some scenes with a hot bitch or two, but only enough to make youtube clips just for those.

Shutter Island ~ 7/10... Not bad, not great.

Clash of the Titans ~ 7.5/10... This stepped away from the original, but I didn't mind. Good for an action flick. I didn't bother with the 3D version.
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

Hot Tub Time Machine 15/10

Most fun I have had at a theater in a long time.
"FUN'S OVER."
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Blind Side - 7/10

Kinda cheesy sometimes but I enjoyed it.

I'd like to fuck Sandra Bullock but with the bitch still in character. She could tell me stuff like "now you pull that nice big pecker out of my ass and stick it in my mouth, Mr Mullet" with that southern accent of hers.

The only way it could rule even more is if I were a negro, don't ask me why. I guess I finally lost it.
See, you folks thinking I'm a racist and here I am wishing I was a negro grudge fucking some republican NRA member ex cheerleader bitch.

"Slap mah face with your negro cock, and then fuck me doggy style before mah husband gets home", she could say to me.
Pretty Dead Boy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Pretty Dead Boy »

HMJ wrote:Hot Tub Time Machine 15/10

Most fun I have had at a theater in a long time.
watched it a couple nights ago. laughed my ass off in some spots, in other spots thought it might be the dumbest thing i've ever seen.

and then, it clicked. really fucking great movie. funny as hell.

8/10
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Clash of the titians 3D- 6.5. I liked it, but it just didnt suck you in or anything. Had zero interest in any of the characters and what would come of them. The 3D was so pointless, they just jumped on the bandwagon for that one.
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
bobbystoney
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by bobbystoney »

How to Train Your Dragon 3-D 9.5/10

This is the third time I've taken my daughter to see this but this time I decided to take a trip to Indy to see it in 3-D at the Imax.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Gone Baby Gone - 7/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

Facedown wrote:Gone Baby Gone - 7/10
Put off watching this for the longest time and finally got around to it a few months back. Great movie.