Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by Machado »

American Sniper 9/10
Great film. I purposely avoiding reading about the plot, story, etc in advance.Which I do with most movies that I am very anxious to see.
The ending caused reactions in the audience I have personally never witnessed.
You could hear a pin drop when the credits were rolling. The silence inside the room
was deafening.
I read yesterday that Chris Pine was asked to star in the movie. Good thing Bradley Cooper was cast. Amazing performance.
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Super (2010) Rainn Wilson, Liv Tyler, Ellen Page, Kevin Bacon

Movie is about a guy that when his wife dumps him for a drug dealer he decides to become asuperhero. It pretty dark kinda like kick ass 7/10

Rage (2014) Nicolas Cage

Cage is a gangster whos been clean for the past 15 years, his daughter gets kidnapped and he goes bat shit crazy on revenge 7/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
pulsar0510
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by pulsar0510 »

Blackhat. 5/10. So much meh. It wasn't a sequel or a remake, so there's that. Blah characters and too long.
Lies are the words that I use when you look up hopefully
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

John Wick (2014): 7/10
I detest Keanu Reeves. I hate his face. I hate his voice. And he can't act for shit. But somehow all of that worked for him in this movie. Whoever choreographed the fighting and shooting scenes (which is pretty much 50% of the film) was a genius and the bits in between were clever. I'm really shocked at how entertaining this was.
EatNails
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by EatNails »

John Wick - 6/10. I had no idea what this movie was, or why I got it. Then the soundtrack kicked in the new Marilyn Manson, and I remembered I'd gotten it for that. Decent enough movie, but the blue tint on everything was annoying.

American Sniper. 5/10. Great acting, sure. But the story was nothing special, I felt like I'd seen this movie many times prior. A lot of pointless filler scenes. The scene early in the film where he catches his girl cheating - It served absolutely no purpose other than to add 5 minutes to the run time. He wasn't affected by it, it wasn't mentioned again, etc.
Grendel wrote: Skip work tomorrow and smoke some meth...this thread is THAT epic.
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Serial Mom - 7/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

theglammerthebetter wrote:The Quiet Ones ones(2014) just another bad horror movie 4/10

The Dirties(2013) Movie is about 2 students making a movie about a school shooting but one of them is palnning to do it for real 6.5/10

I thought The Dirties was pretty decent.
LouDoo
Platinum Artist

Post by LouDoo »

Gone Girl 5/10

It was bleak, which usually does me right, but it was lacking something. I expected more from it, and felt disappointed at it's end.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:The sounds of that album gives me the brutal shits.
ImageImage
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Serpico - 7/10
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

theglammerthebetter

Think like a man too(2014) The whole crew was back for this sequel
Bachelor/bachelorette party in vegas 6.5/10
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Bending the Rules (2012) - 5/10. Comedy (I think) starring pro-wrestler "Edge" as a cop trying to be Magnum P.I., at least fashion-wise. Naturally, it's all pretty lame; however, Jennifer Esposito is definitely hot in it.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

In the Woods. 1/10. One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Poor man's Once Upon a Time. 20 minutes worth of plot stretched over 2 hours. Horrible in every way.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

I'd give Birdman a solid 9/10 but there's still something about it that didn't quite hit the mark for me.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

The Ghost Writer (2010) - 7/10. Political thriller with 90s Bond and Ewan McGregor. Pretty sure Polanski is referencing himself being in exile over that little affair in the past.
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

Lucy (2014): 3/10
Scarlett Johansson goes from party girl to God in this pseudo philosophical, maybe sci-fi, maybe action thriller. The idea behind it is cool (if you can ignore the faulty "we only use 10% of our brains" premise), and Luc Besson is responsible for La Femme Nikita, Leon: The Professional and The Fifth Element, so I was sure this movie wouldn't suck. But all the potential coolness never came together. He got the look right but the execution and storyline were just stupid.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

caroline wrote:The idea behind it is cool (if you can ignore the faulty "we only use 10% of our brains" premise)
I think I met way too many acidhead morons to ever get over this.
monkeyboy32
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by monkeyboy32 »

DemonFilth2001 wrote:In the Woods. 1/10. One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Poor man's Once Upon a Time. 20 minutes worth of plot stretched over 2 hours. Horrible in every way.
Yep
theglammerthebetter

Chaos Theory(2008) Ryan Reynolds Emily Mortimer

Good movie but even in 2015 its a pretty big strech for Ryan Reynolds to play a father of the bride role so it made even less sense in 2008 7/10

Ice Soldiers (2013) Pretty good B movie about an expedition in the canadian artic to find dead super russian soldier from the 1960's 6/10
DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Post by DSAB »

Mad City - pretty entertaining for the first act but became very tedious and repetitive halfway in. And Dustin Hoffman may tie Jack in the his role in The Departed to win the biggest ham/overacting award in a major motion picture. 5/10
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Another 48 Hrs. - 6/10

The Woman In Black - 6/10

You're Next - 5/10
theglammerthebetter

Million dollar arm(2014) Jon Hamm

Not bad for a Disney fluff movie 6/10
Last edited by theglammerthebetter on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

EatNails wrote: American Sniper. 5/10. Great acting, sure. But the story was nothing special, I felt like I'd seen this movie many times prior. A lot of pointless filler scenes. The scene early in the film where he catches his girl cheating - It served absolutely no purpose other than to add 5 minutes to the run time. He wasn't affected by it, it wasn't mentioned again, etc.
You do realize, that scene is what pushed Kyle to enlist right...the thing he did that ultimately led to him being a guy so deadly with a rifle that he earned the nickname "The Legend" before he even retired from service...and why he now has a film of his life. How in the fuck do you even consider that not a plot point of importance? :shock:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Post by HeavyMetalZombie666 »

John Carpenter's The Thing: 10/10
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:John Carpenter's The Thing: 10/10
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Post by HeavyMetalZombie666 »

8)
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

I watched a shit ton of movies over the last four days because I've been sick.

Danton- 8.5/10 Brilliant 1983 film about the French Revolution and the Reign of Terror. This is Gerard Depardieu's finest performance, where he plays the title character as Georges Danton. The scene near the beginning of the film with Danton arguing with Robespierre in a prostitution salon is incredible.

Sexy Beast- 7.5/10 British crime thriller from about 15 years ago. Ben Kingsley plays a diminutive but nasty crime henchman who travels to Spain to recruit an old colleague to do heist.

Lincoln- 6/10 Normally I go for films with a bunch of dialogue and exposition but this just rubbed me the wrong way. It may have been the completely contrived opening where the black Union soldiers try to engage in a revisionist dialogue with President Lincoln which never would have happened in real life. Steven Spielberg directed it, and contrived bullshit is his specialty.

Salem's Lot: The Miniseries- 7/10 The original miniseries with David Soul is excellent through the first 2/3 of the show. There's a surreal menacing feeling while watching this that few other horror films can generate. It's the same feeling when you watch The Exorcist when Father Merrin shows up in the fog at the house in Georgetown.

Wild At Heart- 7/10 The first time I saw this movie I thought it was absolute dogshit. This is the third time I've seen it, and it's one of the few films which I've revised my opinion on. It's still nowhere in the ballpark as Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive, but it has its merits. Willem Dafoe is very good as the dentally destitute Bobby.

Diva- 9/10- Another French masterpiece from 1981. It's about a Paris motorcycle mailman who is obsessed with an America Opera singer, and gets involved in both political intrigue and music piracy. If you like moody films with synthesized scores like Manhunter and To Live And Die In LA, this is recommended.

Escape From New York- 7.5/10 They've been playing the shit out of this on cable over the last six months. It's one of those movies that you will watch even though you've seen it 20 times or more.

GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Bag of Bones (2011) - 5/10. I guess this is a Stephen King adaptation, which I didn't know or I probably wouldn't have bothered. Pierce Brosnan isn't bad, but everything is, well Stephen King-ish and a bit stupid. Featuring the lamest rape scene ever. Anyway, Melissa George is hot in it (the movie in general, not the rape scene, she doesn't even get raped for some reason).
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

The Salton Sea - 7/10