A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by Machado »

Heat w/Pacino & De Niro
9.5/10
Michael Mann deserved an Oscar for this film. Easily in my top 10 of all time.
This movie is all about acting, the characters, the layers and how a cop and a criminal are so alike.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Black Past (1989) - 7/10:
The first movie by German splatter icon Olaf Ittenbach. Extremely low budget, worst amateur acting ever, but pretty awesome, over-the-top gore. The special effects are the only thing that's not completely ridiculous about this, which makes it even more absurd.

Silent House (2011) - 5/10:
Horror movie with a stupid played-out schizo plot twist after 90 minutes of nonsensical boredom. The no-twin Olsen sister is hot in it.

Schindler's List (1993) - 7/10:
I had never seen this before. Compelling movie, although a bunch of character development makes no sense to me.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

I watched a handful of fucking boring as hell movies over the holidays:

Panic Room (2002) 5/10- the first 45 minutes were mildly interesting but it really started to drag after awhile. Jodie Foster's jiggly B-cup lesbian tits were not enough to plug the ludicrous plot holes.

Lord Of The Rings The Two Towers (2002) 3/10- this put me to sleep after 30 minutes. Who gives a damn about what Diffledore plans to throw into Gaybilade with Froffinbibblesnatch?

Batman Begins (2005)- 5/10- I saw this at the movie theater when it came out in 05 and I remember liking it, but not slavishly so. I watched it on IFC over the holidays and I fought to stay awake. Why is Bruce Wayne in a Mongolian prison? Why does he need to learn Kung Fu? Who fucking cares?
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

theglammerthebetter wrote:Run All Night(2015) Liam Neeson, Ed Harris, Nick Nolte

good stuff 8/10
Run All Night - 6/10 I liked it, worth the watch but nothing I'd watch again or recommend going out of your way to see. Typical Liam Neeson flick with a different story line. Action packed with comedy jabs in a drama flick.

The maze scorch trials - 8/10 - This goes way beyond the Maze. Good cast, story line and a some great graphics loaded with fast paced action that takes you places. I like where it's going. I'd watch it again.

Star Wars Return of the Force awakens the Jedi Remix 3.0 - 4/10 Star Wars fans will like it. Not a horrible film, better then the prequels but nothing more then a demo and a cut n paste job for the writers. Visually it has some good scenes. Personally, more disappointed.

This is where I leave you - 8/10 Watched it again and enjoyed it start to finish. More of a full comedy then a light drama, loaded with a great cast and full of laughs sprinkled with some well written light drama. Good film.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

No Escape 6/10

Owen Wilson, Pierce Brosnan

from imdb

In their new overseas home, an American family soon finds themselves caught in the middle of a coup, and they frantically look for a safe escape from an environment where foreigners are being immediately executed.

well worth a watch if you have a few hours on a rainy afternoon, Pierce plays a very different character to what you would expect
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Air(2015) Norman Reedus and Djimon Hounsou

Interesting premise but not much else 6/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Mojo wrote:Only Lovers Left Alive. 8/10. Interesting vampire film. No story, really, but the atmosphere was great.
One of my favourite films ever. I'd argue there's an obvious story in there about separated lovers and a suicidal shut-in, just not a step by step plotting of the story.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
theglammerthebetter

The Duff (2015) Bella Thorne

Had huge hope for that one, its a good teen movie but lacks something to make it great.7.5/10
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Looper - 7. One of those films I've been meaning to watch for a while. Then, when I found out the new Star Wars is been done by the guy who did this film, I decided it was time to check it out. Overall a pretty good film. Makes me think that the new Star Wars will be better than a Force Awakens. I mean, it can't be much worse!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

Doctor Strange (1978 CBS TV movie) - starring Peter Hooten. I loved it, but then I loved the comic series, especially with any Gene Colan art involved.

I recall seeing it as a then 6yr old and being freaked out by it. Take that with a grain of salt by today's standards....it's not much, but I'm loving what to expect from Benendict can't pronounce his name's upcoming version..... especially if there's any version with the blue mask involved from 1968-1969 era of the character.

6.5/10
pulsar0510
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by pulsar0510 »

I usually go the the movies heavier this time of year. Lately in theaters:
Krampus: 6.5. Lots to like but not scary enough. I can deal w/PG13 in my horror if its down well but this wasn't great. I have been into Krampus for years so I am predisposed to like it and they use mostly practical effects rather than CGI. I want to rate it higher but it falls short of great.

The Night Before: 7. There are a few hilarious things and it has a nice hold on the Christmas spirit when you're having a hard time.

Star Wars: 8. Great? Close enough. So they steal from the earlier ones; who cares? It's fun to watch and the flight scenes are great. On a side note *spoiler* A buddy of mine texted me that he was "devastated about Han". WTF dude, it's faker than pro wrestling. Love the guy, do not get that mindset.

Hateful 8: 9. Mostly love what Tarantino does and I am a huge fan of westerns. This is a bit of a who-done-it wrapped in The Wild Bunch. Wish I had seen it in 70mm.

Netflix:
Journey to the West: 9. Weird Chinese mythology tale. Wasn't expecting the ending and the effect are cheesy at best but it's a cool kung fu movie. Worth it for the end.
Lies are the words that I use when you look up hopefully
theglammerthebetter

Chappie (2015) Hugh Jackman, Sigourney Weaver 7/10
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

demolition23 wrote:
Mojo wrote:Only Lovers Left Alive. 8/10. Interesting vampire film. No story, really, but the atmosphere was great.
One of my favourite films ever. I'd argue there's an obvious story in there about separated lovers and a suicidal shut-in, just not a step by step plotting of the story.
Yeah, there was an obvious storyline, but it wasn't much of a story, as in there wasn't really any plot development, or much of a resolution, other than the final vampires gonna vampire. It was more like a day in the life of...type of thing. I really liked it, though. Hiddleston was good, but I was really struck by Swinton. She pulled off wise, world-weary, and regal, but also had such childlike wonder. She was great.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Dard Divorce (2007) - 6/10:
Most brutal torture gore flick I've ever seen. Aside from that complete trash, though. Doesn't come with any humor either.

Eyes Wide Shut (1999) - 8/10:
I had seen this before but wasn't impressed. No idea why. This time I thought it was awesome. That stupid little piano theme will haunt me.

The Reader (2008) - 6/10:
Ruined by self-indulgent sappiness. Same dramatic music throughout, whether they're innocently banging or facing a lifetime in prison for the holocaust. A little bit more realism and this could have been great. Also, dude finally figures out in court that bitch can't read . . . seriously?
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

Prometheus (2012) - makes me excited about what's coming next. 7.5/10
theglammerthebetter

Unfriended (2014) Basically 75 minutes of watching a group of 5 friends chatting on Skype/Facebook/via DM just awful 3/10
Metal Judge
Headlining Clubs

Post by Metal Judge »

Ridiculous 6 on Netflix
Adam Sandler and all his regular buddies.
Western themed.
I liked it, I laughed a lot.

8/10
vanitybinge

Post by vanitybinge »

Point Break 3D
It was fun, tons of eye candy and great visual effects.

Instead of bank robbers, Johnny has to get in with a group of extreme atheletes who exploit the budget for super extreme snowboarding, gliding, rock climbing, and of course the obligatory surf and skydiving scenes.

The plot is the same, and i was skeptical going not as funny as the first one, but its pretty good.
In the paper, seems a florist
Found in Lincoln Park, died of some anemia
No one raped her, poor Doloris,
Just detained her and drained her on the spot
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

The Intouchables - 8/10

42 - 8/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
theglammerthebetter

Far From The Madding Crowd (2015) Carey Mulligan

I had my doubts about this one but eneded up loving it 8/10
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The Godfather I
Coppola Restoration on Blu Ray

10/10

The film never gets old. Amazing from the opening scene through the last scene
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

The Revenant - 9/10. This is a great movie. Fucking intense from start to finish, though. Gorgeous, gorgeous cinematography, great camera work, and a great cast. My respect for DiCaprio as an actor has skyrocketed. I was already a Hardy fan, and the fanboying continues. Definitely recommend it, but like I say, it was really intense.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Machado wrote:The Godfather I

10/10

The film never gets old. Amazing from the opening scene through the last scene. I wish Sonny would have blown Michael just once oh well.
:shock:
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:
Machado wrote:The Godfather I

10/10

The film never gets old. Amazing from the opening scene through the last scene. I wish Sonny would have blown Michael just once oh well.
:shock:
Typical behavior from a Ginger in Iowa :lol:
Has Stevil put you in the corner yet this year?
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Machado wrote:Typical behavior from a Ginger in Iowa :lol:
No, but this mod put you in one. :lol:

RUN AWAY!!!!
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:
Machado wrote:Typical behavior from a Ginger in Iowa :lol:
No, but this mod put you in one. :lol:

RUN AWAY!!!!

so you douche up an outstanding movie thread with another one of your dumb recycled jokes and you have to get the mod involved?
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Machado wrote:so you douche up an outstanding movie thread with another one of your dumb recycled jokes and you have to get the mod involved?
Reported. Awaiting your banning.
Babydoll
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Babydoll »

Last night I was flipping through channels and the 2005 movie "The Jacket" was on. I saw it before, but it was nice seeing it again. One of the things that made it "off" though was that it was dated with being a time jumping movie so you have to try to put yourself back in the year it came out, but otherwise pretty good. 7/10
https://youtu.be/rCxQ83Pg1Ko
theglammerthebetter

The Killing Game(2011) Laura Prepon

Allright for a tv movie 6/10

Wise Guys(1985) Danny Devito, Harvey Keitel, Captain lou Albano :shock:

7/10
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

The Revenant - 8.5. Would have been a 9 or 9.5 if they had employed an editor. Yet another film that's at least 20 minutes too long with seemingly endless scenes of Leo wading through and floating down frozen mountain rivers and crawling on his belly across the snow grunting. No he doesn't actually get raped by the bear. It seems like he definitely put himself through a bit of hell filming this thing. Only natural light was used. The director if obviously a huge fan of Terrance Malick's The New World which is not a bad thing.

Sicario - 9.0. Rarely a dull moment and Benicio Del Toro is a motherfucking badass. Very enjoyable performances by Josh Brolin and Emily Blunt. Really gives you some idea how many grey areas our government agencies operate in to achieve their ultimate objectives. Some of which are personal to the individuals involved.

Both recommended...
Last edited by GreatWhiteSnake on Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557