Dump Shithole

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

radiobed
Headlining Clubs

Re: President Trump

Post by radiobed »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:Dude... the auto workers union had nothing to do with collapse of the US auto industry or the subsequent bailout. The financial crisis, the high price of oil bringing auto sales to a standstill, and the Big 3 years of mismanagement is what caused it to collapse. In fact, the union workers agreed to 40% wage reduction in negotiation when they weren't obligated to. They could have been hard nosed assholes like the public service unions and refused concessions because they knew GM was going to be bailed out whether they made the concessions or not. They did it because, while union workers are protective of their rights and wages, they are also loyal to their companies. You can argue that their pre-crisis wages were too high for them to be competitive with foreign companies, but that wasn't the cause of Detroit's collapse. It takes a hell of a lot more problems than an $80 to $100 an hour union worker wage to bankrupt Chrysler and GM

I know categorical anti-trade unionism is imprinted in the brains on the American Right but it is really a disservice to the working class and is unneeded. And if Trump is going to succeed with his America First economic boasts, then you should welcome more unions and union workers because healthy and happy unions are a sign of booming economy.

While I generally agree with most of your points (including your stance above on the Middle East), I'm gonna disagree here.

The auto industry is cyclical and always has been. Oil prices and other things have always created ups and downs but certainly not collapses. All 3 US companies on the brink of bankruptcy wasn't coincidental or a product of similar mismanagement. The huge labor cost disadvantage they all shared was the key factor.

With increased competition (Toyota/Honda) not anchored with that labor cost, it was only a question of "when" not "if" the disparity would catch up to the Big 3. At some point, a cyclical low was going to crush them unless they decreased that labor cost significantly.

Now to your point, the unions did work with the Big 3, but they really had no choice at that point and they knew it.

I'm from a UAW family. I respect all those workers. I believe in today's society, the negatives of a union far outweigh the positives. Robots and skilled positions are prominent in those plants today.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

ImageImage
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

Dear Mr Trump,

thank you for your concern.

A man has indeed attacked a soldier with two machetes this morning in Paris.

It wasn't in the Louvre Museum, it was in the Carrousel du Louvre, which is a mall. (Less symbolic than what you're implying.)

He didn't attack any tourist (or french people -apart from the soldier- either, by the way, thank you again for your concern) and he was instantly attacked back by another soldier, and wounded.

The crowd has been kept inside after that by order of the army for security reasons, but not for any kind of hostage situation. (Your tweet is -voluntarily?- ambiguous)

France is not on edge again, at all. I learnt about the attack 10 hours after it happened (even though it was in the media earlier), and I spent 1h30 in another mall in Paris at lunch today without any kind of military reinforcement (I mean, just the usual since Charlie Hebdo or nov 2015 attacks).

Oh and by the way, the man is from Egypt, you know, the country you didn't ban from entering the US (because of your personnal affairs?)

Again, thank you for your concern, but don't use France as an excuse for your arseholery. You're the one encouraging fear with your distortion of truth.

Regards,

Egie Wild

PS : GET SMART U.S. : Don't believe anything that he says without checking facts first.

:lol:

Pwnd
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Fuck that Cheeto looking President
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

Machado wrote:Fuck that Cheeto looking President
:lol:
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

"I'm just here for the irony and the dancing."
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

McConnell breaks with Trump over Putin, Russia
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /97519470/

That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:McConnell breaks with Trump over Putin, Russia

This might be the thing that wakes some Trump supporters up. Obviously not all of them, but some.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

That-guy wrote:
DEATH ROW JOE wrote:McConnell breaks with Trump over Putin, Russia

This might be the thing that wakes some Trump supporters up. Obviously not all of them, but some.
Hopefully. For fuck sake, the President of the United States defending former KGB head and asking "you think our country is so innocent?'" while last week he ordered a raid in which women and 9 children were killed. Trump's a fucking joke.
Moggio_5.1
"Wonky Eyed Straw Gripper"

Post by Moggio_5.1 »

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/sus ... es-january

62.9%: Labor Force Participation Rate Improves in January; Those Not in Labor Force Declines by 736,000

By Susan Jones | February 3, 2017 | 8:42 AM EST

(CNSNews.com) - The Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics on Friday released its first look at employment since Donald Trump became president, and although that report does not reflect actual Trump policy changes, it does include the period just before Trump became president and was tweeting about jobs saved.

According to BLS, the labor force participation rate improved in January, increasing two-tenths of a point to 62.9 percent, its best showing in four months.

BLS said 152,081,000 Americans were employed in January, close to last month’s record 152,111,000. At the same time, the number of Americans not in the labor force went in the right direction, dropping to 94,366,000, which is 736,000 fewer than last month’s record 95,102,000.

In January, the nation’s civilian noninstitutionalized population, consisting of all people age 16 or older who were not in the military or an institution, reached 254,082,000. Of those, 159,716,000 participated in the labor force by either holding a job or actively seeking one.

The 159,716,000 who participated in the labor force equalled 62.9 percent of the 254,082,000 civilian noninstitutionalized population.

According to BLS, total nonfarm payroll employment rose 227,000, and the unemployment rate ticked up a tenth of a point to 4.8 percent.

The Labor Department's Employment Situation report is released monthly, and it reflects data gathered in the pay period that includes the 12th of the month. So today's report reflects the situation as it was shortly before Trump was sworn in on Jan. 20.

However, the January report undoubtedly reflects anticipation of Trump’s policies, as he was already discussing his intention to repeal Obamacare as well as taking credit for auto companies expanding in the U.S. (Jan. 9 tweets) during the period covered by today’s report.

Baby boomers retiring, Obamacare

The participation rate dropped to a 38-year low of 62.4 percent on Obama's watch, in September 2015. It is now half a point higher.

In testimony before Congress yesterday, Congressional Budget Office Director Keith Hall said the retirement of baby boomers is one reason for what has been a declining labor force participation rate. But he also noted that the labor force participation rate has been lower for "every cohort in the United States," including working-age people.

According to Hall, "our working-age people just aren't entering the labor force like they have in the past." He called it a "puzzle." He suggested that "federal investment in things like education and training" might address that issue.

Hall said "implicit taxes on work" are another reason for the lower labor force participation rate.

"There are a number of things that are implicit taxes on work, where we reduce benefits when income goes up," Hall explained. He specifically mentioned Obamacare: The ACA [Affordable Care Act] itself, probably reduces labor force participation, that's a drag as well. There are a number of things like that."

Under the ACA, people don't need a job to get health insurance.

On Jan. 24, the CBO released its economic and budget outlook for 2017-2017, noting that its projections, based on current law, were completed before the Trump administration took office on Jan. 20. It was this report that brought CBO Director Keith Hall to Capitol Hill.

The report projects that the labor force participation rate will average 62.8 percent this year -- roughly where it has stood since 2014 -- and slowly decline over the following ten years.

That 62.8 percent rate is 0.7 percentage points below CBO’s estimate of the potential rate. CBO projects that the actual rate will fall to 62.4 percent in 2020.

As Hall told Congress, the report says various factors have been pushing down the labor force participation rate over the past two decades, and they are expected to keep doing so during the next 10 years, as follows:

-- Members of the baby-boom generation will continue to retire from the labor force in large numbers; this factor is the most important, CBO said.

-- The lingering effects of the 2007–2009 recession and ensuing weak recovery will continue to hold down participation slightly, in CBO’s view. Despite recent declines in long-term unemployment, some of the people who lost jobs in the recession left the labor force and will not return.

-- Federal tax and spending policies are expected to lower participation rates slightly. In particular, under the current-law assumptions that govern its projections, CBO anticipates that people would keep responding to provisions of the Affordable Care Act by reducing the amount of labor that they are willing to supply over the next few years. The structure of the tax code, which pushes some people with rising income into higher tax brackets, would also lower participation rates.

-- Long-term trends involving particular groups of people, such as a growing number of people with disabilities, are projected to push down the overall participation rate slightly.

CBO also notes that those long-term factors pushing down the labor force participation rate are expected to be largely offset in 2017 and 2018 by continued improvement in hiring, as solid employment growth and rising wages draw some workers back into the labor force and keep others from leaving.

In January, among the major worker groups, BLS said the unemployment rate for Asians (3.7 percent) increased in January. The jobless rates for adult men (4.4 percent), adult women (4.4 percent), teenagers (15.0 percent), Whites (4.3 percent), Blacks (7.7 percent), and Hispanics (5.9 percent) showed little or no change over the month.

Employment increased in retail trade, construction, and financial activities.
"Rock journalism is for people who can't write, preparing stories based on interviews with people who can't talk, in order to amuse people who can't read." ~ Frank Zappa, 1976
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Luminiferous wrote:Image
He is such a cunt. A stupid, bitchy little cunt.
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Fuck that Cheeto President
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Brady with Trump at Whitehouse will make FakeNews go crazy#win
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Stoner
Queen Bee

Post by Stoner »

I have been LMFAO@ "accumulation of data" all morning. #TheMetalChickWeeps #AccumulatedKnowledge
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Stoner wrote:I have been LMFAO@ "accumulation of data" all morning. #TheMetalChickWeeps #AccumulatedKnowledge
My first thought was TMC.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

"I'm just here for the irony and the dancing."
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Idiot in chief is talking out of his ass again. Speaking to service members today he told them that the media covers up terror attacks. No proof, no evidence, nothing to back it up.

We have a compulsive liar as our president. Awesome.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

exitflagger wrote:Idiot in chief is talking out of his ass again. Speaking to service members today he told them that the media covers up terror attacks. No proof, no evidence, nothing to back it up.

We have a compulsive liar as our president. Awesome.
We all know politicians lie. It's just a fact of life we all deal with and, to a certain extent accept. This administration is a completely different animal. The lies aren't even worth telling and they couldn't be more obvious. It's like they want us to know they're lying.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Dude has barely been in office for over two weeks and it feels like six months. I don't see this lasting. He's getting more and more unhinged and more and more wrongdoing and bumbling are being charted in the press.

The UK government now says Trump has been banned from addressing Parliament. He just got trolled by Sweden. Americans hate him, the world laughs at him (and hates him). It feels like at some point the pressure will be too great and Republicans will no longer be able to protect him from accountability.
Stoner
Queen Bee

Post by Stoner »

I love that Howard Stern is the one guy that has been able to hit the nail on the head.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

"We don't need no education..."

DeVos has been confirmed. Kids are fucked.
Fuck sigs.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:"We don't need no education..."

With millions of dollars and a weak minded VP, you too can destroy the American education system.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

That-guy wrote:
TawnyVonJagger wrote:"We don't need no education..."

With millions of dollars and a weak minded VP, you too can destroy the American education system.
But kids will be safe from grizzly bear attacks!
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Shades of Christian Reconstructionism in Trump Education Pick, Betsy DeVos
http://religiondispatches.org/shades-of ... tsy-devos/
Betsy DeVos has no training, background, experience, or expertise as an educator. Her singular qualification for this post is her longstanding work to privatize public education, a goal driven by her religious views that do not allow for a secular public sphere; views that divide the world into “The Kingdom of God” and every one else.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

How bad does it have to get before even republicans demand for Trump to be removed?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

That-guy wrote:How bad does it have to get before even republicans demand for Trump to be removed?
as soon as Republicans are witnessing that money is being taken away from their bank accounts is when you will
see a full on charge to remove Trump from office. until that time, Trump is still the POTUS and the country
will suffer as a result.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWuc18xISwI

I want to promote the above linked video as much as possible. Mainly just because it made Trump mad.

I'm not the world's biggest Melissa McCarthy fan but I laughed my ass off during this. Better than Baldwin's Trump spoof and I hope and pray she comes back and does it repeatedly. Again, mostly because Trump hates it.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

exitflagger wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWuc18xISwI

I want to promote the above linked video as much as possible. Mainly just because it made Trump mad.

I'm not the world's biggest Melissa McCarthy fan but I laughed my ass off during this. Better than Baldwin's Trump spoof and I hope and pray she comes back and does it repeatedly. Again, mostly because Trump hates it.
That was awesome. I'm a fan of her, anyway. That motherfucker is such a repugnant piece of shit that anyone could do a good job roasting him, but I'm glad it was her.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image