Serena Willaims

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dtmfs
Debut Album Goes Gold

Serena Willaims

Post by dtmfs » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:05 am

When did this chick become immune to criticism? I've seen some pretty fucked up debates on both the match and the caricature that was deemed racist by a lot of people, certain PC stuff is understandable but this is a case where it's taken way too far, it just seems that everyone who criticized her was labeled racist or sexist, even describing her run in with the ref as a meltdown or tantrum has brought accusations of sexism, a dude on ESPN recently steered away from the term meltdown out of respect, this shit is insane.
exitflagger
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Serena Willaims

Post by exitflagger » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:39 am

"SERENA-TEE NOW!!!"
radiobed wrote:conservatives are stupid...oh and racist too.
Demondunce wrote:Demondunce. You fucking idiot.
Danzig in the Dark
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Danzig in the Dark » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:59 pm

dtmfs wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:05 am
When did this chick become immune to criticism? I've seen some pretty fucked up debates on both the match and the caricature that was deemed racist by a lot of people, certain PC stuff is understandable but this is a case where it's taken way too far, it just seems that everyone who criticized her was labeled racist or sexist, even describing her run in with the ref as a meltdown or tantrum has brought accusations of sexism, a dude on ESPN recently steered away from the term meltdown out of respect, this shit is insane.
What valid criticism has she been unfairly shielded from?
ImageImage
dtmfs
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by dtmfs » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:18 pm

well people saying she was simply in the wrong or acting like a poor sport are being attacked with being either racist or sexist, it's almost like you can't critique anything about the incident in regards to her being in the wrong without being labled something, like i said people are saying don't call it a meltdown because that's saying that woman are too emotional, that's the ridiclulous shit i'm talking about.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:46 pm

dtmfs wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:18 pm

well people saying she was simply in the wrong or acting like a poor sport are being attacked with being either racist or sexist, it's almost like you can't critique anything about the incident in regards to her being in the wrong without being labled something, like i said people are saying don't call it a meltdown because that's saying that woman are too emotional, that's the ridiclulous shit i'm talking about.
Such as?
ImageImage
Mojo

Post by Mojo » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:07 pm

Whole thing's fucking ridiculous. She acted like a spoiled cunt and she doesn't like being called on it. There's nothing racist about the cartoon that the Australian dude drew. There may be some sexism if the ref/ump/whatever the fuck you call it in tennis has never called men out for the same shit, but her behavior was ridiculous, regardless.
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
mullet_head
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by mullet_head » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:46 am

From what I read the umpire is a strict motherfucker to men and women alike, black or white, but hey, guy goes by the book, and now he's a racist and a sexist piece of shit, because Serena happens to be a black woman?

What if Serena decides to rob a bank at gun point? Is it sexist and racist to arrest her? Next thing you know your wife will acuse you of being sexist for not wanting to cum on men's faces.

The cartoon had some exagerated facial features, but I suspect the reason for it was the fact that it was a FUCKING CARTOON, and last time I checked that's just how cartoons are.

I know America has a history of racial issues, Jim Crow law etc so I get that you're a sensitive bunch but gee, the cartoonist and his family getting death threats, calm the fuck down.
mullet_head

Post by mullet_head » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:59 am

-"Serena, baby, what if your sister Venus joined in? Huh?What do you think, wouldn't you love a menage-a-trois?"

-"Yeah I'd love a threesome but my sister is a cunt, I spoke to my brother Wlliams and he's down with the whole thing."

-"WHAT? Fuck no, are you insane, that's fucking sick!"

-"Oh, so you'd do it with my sister because she's a woman but not with my brother? YOU SEXIST PIECE OF SHIT! But if he was white, you'd be okay, right? YOU RACIST PIECE OF SHIT!
Billy Jack

Post by Billy Jack » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:47 am

Essentially, she used her "power" as the biggest name in Tennis to threaten the Ref's job. "he will never ever be on her court again". Isn't that what all the "hashtag" movements are all about, who has the power and how they use it to take advantage of people lower down the Totem pole?? Then she used the race card and gender card to shield herself from any criticism. She completely stole the spotlight from another female athlete that beat her. No doubt, she is the G.O.A.T.,,, but I'm not sure the argument that other people cheat I should be able too is good for her legacy. But, it really doesn't matter. In the end, she is a billionaire and the ref's future in the sport is likely ruined. I just wish we could call it what it is instead of all the tap dancing and ass kissing.
Drunk Kennedy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Drunk Kennedy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:08 am

mullet_head wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:59 am
-"Serena, baby, what if your sister Venus joined in? Huh?What do you think, wouldn't you love a menage-a-trois?"

-"Yeah I'd love a threesome but my sister is a cunt, I spoke to my brother Wlliams and he's down with the whole thing."

-"Oh, so you'd do it with my sister because she's a woman but not with my brother? YOU SEXIST PIECE OF SHIT! But if he was white, you'd be okay, right? YOU RACIST PIECE OF SHIT!
sadly...this is EXACTLY where we are in America now. :lol:
mullet_head

Post by mullet_head » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:19 am

https://now.org/media-center/press-rele ... los-ramos/

US Tennis Association: Dismiss Chair Umpire Carlos Ramos
Statement by NOW President Toni Van Pelt
In what was a blatantly racist and sexist move, tennis umpire Carlos Ramos unfairly penalized Serena Williams in an abhorrent display of male dominance and discrimination. This would not have happened if Serena Williams was a man. She would have been cheered and chided for “gamesmanship.” Male tennis stars are reminding us that they have “done much worse” and have not been penalized.

Ramos claimed he was just following the rules, but in actuality, men stretch the rules all the time and are lionized for being “bad boys” while women are benched. This is also a prime example of how racism and sexism are two of the biggest obstacles that Black women in America face.

NOW is calling on the U.S. Tennis Association to cancel any contracts with Carlos Ramos to umpire tournaments in the future. It’s clear that Ramos abused his authority. This racist, sexist behavior needs to stop.

Contact
Brittany T. Oliver , [email protected] , 202-628-8669

Lol. How was it "blatantly racist and sexist"?
The whole statement is devoid of any lucid and rational thinking. This Van Pelt broad seems like an unreasonable cunt, doens't even make any arguments, other than REF SAYS HE ENFORCED THE RULES, BUT MALE PLAYERS BEND THE RULES, SO HE'S A SEXIST RACIST BECAUSE HE ENFORCED THE RULES. Bitch must be on the rag.

This NOW needs a more rational and less emotional president.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:57 am

Looks more like an irrational patriot sports fandom thing to me. "Liberal" leaning media over here is unanimously blasting her behavior on and off the court over this. The thing to keep in mind in all this is still that tennis really sucks, though.
whammybar
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by whammybar » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:31 am

I haven't watched tennis in a very long time. The lack of personalities compared to the Evert and Connors era is the reason. They don't even bitch out the officials with the same quality showmanship. It was easier to side with the player back in the day because we liked them.
Bair Hand
OMG STONER! LOOK AT ME!

Post by Bair Hand » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:44 am

whammybar wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:31 am
I haven't watched tennis in a very long time. The lack of personalities compared to the Evert and Connors era is the reason. They don't even bitch out the officials with the same quality showmanship. It was easier to side with the player back in the day because we liked them.
yeah, but the broads are sooooooo much hotter now.
Mojo

Post by Mojo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:47 am

Bair Hand wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:44 am
whammybar wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:31 am
yeah, but the broads are sooooooo much hotter now.
Current thread title excepted.
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:38 am

2018 US Open Highlights: Serena Williams' dispute overshadows Naomi Osaka's final win | ESPN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiBrForlj-k

Naomi is the champ and Serena owes her an apology. Serena was getting spanked then went into meltdown mode she was frustrated and lost her shit, it happens.....Woman it up.

The media hardly mentions Serena has a history of blowing up at the Open resulting in fines. All the crying, I'm out here for women's rights, men get away with more shit...Personally I've put 30+ years in sports watching others get away with more shit but the fact is every REF is different and when a Ref gives you a warning you STFU and get your head in the game.

Serena was OK while winning a point yet when Osaka would rally back or get ahead after the 2nd Serena started throwing fits. Serena should be tossed under the bus. "I'm doing this for all the mothers and dolphins across the world!"....Anyone buying that? You step on the court nothing is in your head but beating your opponent and hoisting the trophy.

I wasn't the only one to compare it to Tyson vs Holyfield. It's a perfect example of a poor sport.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:50 am

Would.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:04 pm

That cartoon was something else but if it was of Kim Jong people would be laughing.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
MotleyKaos

Post by MotleyKaos » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:01 pm

mullet_head wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:59 am

:lol:
MotleyKaos

Post by MotleyKaos » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:09 pm

UtahRatt wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:38 am
2018 US Open Highlights: Serena Williams' dispute overshadows Naomi Osaka's final win | ESPN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiBrForlj-k

Naomi is the champ and Serena owes her an apology. Serena was getting spanked then went into meltdown mode she was frustrated and lost her shit, it happens.....Woman it up.

The media hardly mentions Serena has a history of blowing up at the Open resulting in fines. All the crying, I'm out here for women's rights, men get away with more shit...Personally I've put 30+ years in sports watching others get away with more shit but the fact is every REF is different and when a Ref gives you a warning you STFU and get your head in the game.

Serena was OK while winning a point yet when Osaka would rally back or get ahead after the 2nd Serena started throwing fits. Serena should be tossed under the bus. "I'm doing this for all the mothers and dolphins across the world!"....Anyone buying that? You step on the court nothing is in your head but beating your opponent and hoisting the trophy.

I wasn't the only one to compare it to Tyson vs Holyfield. It's a perfect example of a poor sport.
I haven't and don't feel like taking the time to watch a replay of the match to see whether or not the refs calls are just, but the more I think about the situation, that's not the point. Serena threw a tantrum on the court, and she personally attacked the ref by saying that he is crooked and calling him a sexist. It is a shame that it is overshadowing the winner's victory. I've lost some respect for her. Her age will creep up on her soon, if it hasn't started to already, and she will start having trouble keeping up with the younger athletes; she will be humbled soon enough.
dtmfs
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by dtmfs » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:00 pm

I know jack shit about tennis but after watching the highlights she got her ass kicked, I doubt she knows what humbled even means, she acted like an entitled ass which was no different than McEnroe used to act.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:30 pm

I was on vacation with my family and my sister-in-law is a big Serena fans, so we watched the match... Serena was being beaten. She had no answers for the energy Osaka showed. She knew she was being beaten..

She could have easily moved on from the first call, a warning, for receiving coaching from her trainer and after the match she could file a grievance with the association about it, but then after smashing her racket earning another violation, she then stopped the match and exacerbated the situation by going on a long winded tirade towards the official... She acted like a spoiled child, using every excuse she could from her child, to sexist, and bordering on racist reasons she was being singled out.. It came off like she was trying to fuck up Osaka's momentum with her meltdown..

The most pathetic part was hearing the American crowd booing when the young tennis star was about to be presented the trophy...
DOWN2WHISKEY
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by DOWN2WHISKEY » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:32 am

Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:52 am

John McEnroe made a career of throwing tantrums and rackets. Now it's unacceptable. What changed?

Many people, looking at Serena Williams's actions during the US Open women's final last week, remembered of John McEnroe who often argued with umpires during his career. Speaking on ESPN, McEnroe backed Serena, who called the chair umpire Carlos Ramos as a "thief".

I've said far worse', McEnroe admitted. 'She's right about the guys being held to a different standard, there's no question.' The Australian 24-time Grand Slam winner Margaret Court said: 'We always had to go by the rules."
ImageImage
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:56 am

Danzig in the Dark wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:52 am
John McEnroe made a career of throwing tantrums and rackets. Now it's unacceptable. What changed?
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:59 am

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:56 am
Danzig in the Dark wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:52 am
Most of those, especially here, ain't gettin' a fuckin' dime off their outrage though.
ImageImage
AnotherPerfectB*stard
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by AnotherPerfectB*stard » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:10 am

you look at the cartoon and you recognize Serena.
It's a caricature - a picture, description, or imitation of a person in which certain striking characteristics are exaggerated in order to create a comic or grotesque effect.

Everyone seems to be missing the point here:
"She has a daughter and she doesn't lie!!!"

just a little depressing that her trainer actually admitted to giving her advice... which was basically what the Umpire was complaining about.

So, she lied but she has a daughter, so c'mon cut her some slack!!!
Raise your can of beer on high
And seal your fate forever
Our best years have past us by
The golden age of leather
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:20 am

Nobody gave a damn about tennis until some uppity black bitch forgot her place and now the sanctity of the game is at stake. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:08 am

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:32 am
This is on point!
https://youtu.be/CfcQsI54gQM
Dead on, not surprising most of the comments trash her while the media overwhelmingly supports her.

Fuck McEnroe that was decades ago......Again, each Ref is different, he just happened to catch her coach giving signals and gave her a warning but no matter what when an official tells you to chill the fuck out, you chill the fuck out. There isn't too many games in all of sports every week where a player or a coach don't bitch about the Ref's......They don't turn it into a discrimination issue.

The media was even bitching about the color of the cartoon saying Naomi was pictured as a white "even her hair is blonde!"......The bitch has blonde streaks!