What is the most overrated thing people love you do not understand?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: What is the most overrated thing people love you do not understand?

Post by Love_Industry »

Metal Sludge wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:27 pm
You know what's funny? When I was a kid, I didn't like cheese that much. I didn't like bacon either.
Thankfully, I outgrew all that! Cheese and bacon are about the best things on the planet!
What's even funnier is that I did exactly the opposite. Loved cheese and bacon as a kid, now I wouldn't notice if they disappeared.
Also I went from loving whipped cream to absolutely hating it. I'd rather eat liver than whipped cream today.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

ParaDime77 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:06 pm What say you?
Paradime, can you lease retitle this to "Paradime's neverending cheese thread"?

thanks in advance.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

Love_Industry wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:02 am
Metal Sludge wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:27 pm
You know what's funny? When I was a kid, I didn't like cheese that much. I didn't like bacon either.
Thankfully, I outgrew all that! Cheese and bacon are about the best things on the planet!
What's even funnier is that I did exactly the opposite. Loved cheese and bacon as a kid, now I wouldn't notice if they disappeared.
Also I went from loving whipped cream to absolutely hating it. I'd rather eat liver than whipped cream today.
Haha! That is funnier!
I like whipped cream because it's not as sweet as, say cake frosting?
I'm not a big dessert lover. And if I was ordering one, it would likely be chocolate. But I don't like over the top sweets, just regular stuff.
Now...liver is the one thing I still hate from my childhood! So gross!
I tried it as an adult. It tasted and smelled just as bad as I remembered it as a kid.
I have tried everything I hated as a kid since I grew up, (and that was a lot!) liver and lamb are the only things I still don't like.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Dating
Such a hassle - not worth time or effort
Definitely life scam- avoid it
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

LAglamrocker wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:20 am Dating
Dating can be fun. The scam is getting married and/or living together. No need to go there.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Do you have any sexual relations?
ImageImage
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

You pay for it? Do you routinely turn down women who want to date you?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

Grendel wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:16 pm
You pay for it? Do you routinely turn down women who want to date you?
Part of his Sludge character is that he's got no interest at all in women except the prostitutes he goes to, though he calls them."hookers" cos it's more rock+roll, or "whores" cos he's a misogynistic POS. As to his real life and opinions, IDGAF.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Watching the NFL Draft. Get a goddamn fucking life...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

….watch NFL draft with hookers#IDGAF
….not dating = more hot pussy whores for everyone else#be grateful
retail slut with a body for sale#hookersforJesus

gardening WHY WHY WHY? I don’t get it :cry:
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

Don’t you want to hear the putter patter of little feet in your house someday? Play catch with your son in the backyard?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

People that peel an orange then eat it..they love this..and love thinking it’s so special. Its annoying

My son Vain wouldn’t be as cool as band so why bother and sacrifice time to this. Playing catch is stupid anyway - definitely teach him to take Tombstone piledriver and DDT

Al Bundy best life coach ever. Someday i hope to see him in Hollywood- definitely going thank him for teaching what not to do. My life continues to be fun as Kelly Bundy
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

Mojo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:26 am "Unalived" is so fucking stupid. Death, no matter the reason, is a part of life. If you're such a fucking pussy that you can't even hear the word "suicide," "murdered," "killed," etc, without breaking down, go unalive yourself. Everyone dies. It sucks. Suicide fucking sucks. But it's a thing. Get over it.
In my day job I've just seen a customer complaint where an elderly lady is scared that "someone will break in and unalive me". The language madness is spreading!
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

GoodJudge wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:06 pm
Mojo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:26 am "Unalived" is so fucking stupid. Death, no matter the reason, is a part of life. If you're such a fucking pussy that you can't even hear the word "suicide," "murdered," "killed," etc, without breaking down, go unalive yourself. Everyone dies. It sucks. Suicide fucking sucks. But it's a thing. Get over it.
In my day job I've just seen a customer complaint where an elderly lady is scared that "someone will break in and unalive me". The language madness is spreading!
I even hate people using "passed away," though I've probably said that before. People die. Dogs die. Plants die. We are born to die. Period. Do I like having less time in front of me than behind me? Not particularly, but whatcha gonna do? My first wife died from cancer at 33. My dad died from cancer at 83. I do not get that, in this day and age, language gets softened to appease the social media overlords or the pussies of the world.
Danzig in the Dark

TooOldToCare wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:01 am
I even hate people using "passed away," though I've probably said that before. People die. Dogs die. Plants die. We are born to die. Period. Do I like having less time in front of me than behind me? Not particularly, but whatcha gonna do? My first wife died from cancer at 33. My dad died from cancer at 83. I do not get that, in this day and age, language gets softened to appease the social media overlords or the pussies of the world.
In this day and age?
:lol:
"Passed away " has been around a long time, even back in the day when burying your children was commonplace.

If your kids died, you would be devastated. Back then, they'd tell you to quit being a fucking pussy and get over it.
ImageImage
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:08 am

In this day and age?
"Passed away " has been around a long time, even back in the day when burying your children was commonplace.

If your kids died, you would be devastated. Back then, they'd tell you to quit being a fucking pussy and get over it.
Two things:
1. "This day and age" wasn't referring to "passed away." It was referring to the other fabricated ways to say "died."
2. I wasn't thinking clearly. In this day and age, everything is fucked up and softened to appease someone or some group. I should have said that I'm sick of people in this day and age.
Danzig in the Dark

TooOldToCare wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 am
Danzig in the Dark wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:08 am

In this day and age?

Two things:
1. "This day and age" wasn't referring to "passed away." It was referring to the other fabricated ways to say "died."
2. I wasn't thinking clearly. In this day and age, everything is fucked up and softened to appease someone or some group. I should have said that I'm sick of people in this day and age.
Why is "passed away" less soft and pussified than "unalived"?
I sense a great disturbance in the force, as if million of kids stepped onto my lawn.
I'm sick of people in this day and age.
Our parents and grandparents said the same thing, as did theirs.
ImageImage
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:41 am
Danzig in the Dark wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:08 am In this day and age?

Two things:
I sense a great disturbance in the force, as if million of kids stepped onto my lawn.
I should have said that I'm sick of people in this day and age.

Take it to heart.
Danzig in the Dark

TooOldToCare wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:21 am
Danzig in the Dark wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:41 am

Two things:
I should have said that I'm sick of people in this day and age.

Take it to heart.
OK, boomer.
ImageImage