If you decide to by and E Bike

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

tym
Headlining a Theater Tour

If you decide to by and E Bike

Post by tym »

I have learned TONS shopping for my Ebike. First thing when you find one, look at there website, see what kind of customer service they have. Google there customer service. You would be surprised how many bikes have super shitty, good luck getting a reply customer service.

Dont Go for Speed, Go for torque. The Torque allows the bike to climb hills better and get through Ruff Terrine easier. Yea, going down the road hitting 30 mph or better sounds like a great time, until you get to a hill, and its a bitch to get up. The faster the bike, the more battery it eats.

See what kind of battery the bike has. I bought mine with a Samsung Battery in it.

Fuck the reviews. Yea, you will probably see a ton of HOLY SHIT BUY THIS BIKE!! What they dont tell you, is how it will hold up after some miles, and wear and tear. Find a company that has been around for awhile with a great track record.

Then simply decide what is important to you. What does your bike need. I went with the step through ebike. I want my bike to look like a bike, not a small mini bike.

The last and most important thing, besides a good bike lock. Get an alarm for your bike. There cheep. Someone messes with it, and super loud alarm goes off. Most are not used to bikes with alarms. So when it does go off, its gonna surprise them, hope they run for the hills and leave your fucking bike alone. See about getting theft insurance on it.

Its pretty much true. People with Ebikes get out and ride more. They are just a blast to ride. Fun to take off and go for a road trip. I live in a tiny town in the midwest. Im looking forward to taking a road trip to some of the other small towns around me. My brother gave me some great advice about road trips with your bike. Carry some pepper spray, just incase you cant out run the asshole dog, or some asshole decides to stop, and try and take your bike. Dont be stupid, if they have a gun, give that fucker up, if they dont, and just gonna kick your ass, then hello peper spray, and run like hell.

One final thought, is get something like "slime" for your bike, you can put that in your tube, and it may help stop a flat tire, they clam its good for two years or get anti puncture inserts for your tires. Just think flat tire deterrent. Dont wait to get a flat tire and deal with it, do what you can to stop it becoming an issue.
I'm finding it difficult to masturbate to this. I'm trying, I just have so little to work with...
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: If you decide to by and E Bike

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

By and what??
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

I knew it was him.
ImageImage
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

I love that he thinks nobody here knows how to buy anything.

"Decide what features you want, then buy the bike that has those features." HOLY SHIT, REALLY?? :shock:

"Buy a bike lock." WHAT!! A BIKE LOCK?? GAME-CHANGER!! :o

"If you're an 80 pound meth goblin that's scared of dogs, carry pepper spray." OKAY.

What a fucking moron.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

A better investment for him than an e-bike:
ImageImage
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

I wanna try an E-bike!
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

What color is your E Bike? Did you get a matching helmet? Do you wear your helmet when you're not riding your bike? Does the bike have training wheels? Hopefully nobody steals those!
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

This thread was, buy an large, a huge mistake.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

I bought an electric bike about 6 weeks ago. I needed it for recovery after having to have hamstring reattachment/reconstruction surgery. It's great. I bought a Lectric 3.0 step through. It was not expensive comparatively. They always have sales and deals.

The thing I noticed is there are a ton of companies, but most have horrible customer services. Lectric is great. Aventon is also very good.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Are step-through's not thought of as girl's bikes anymore?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:32 pm I love that he thinks nobody here knows how to buy anything.

"Decide what features you want, then buy the bike that has those features." HOLY SHIT, REALLY?? :shock:

"Buy a bike lock." WHAT!! A BIKE LOCK?? GAME-CHANGER!! :o

"If you're an 80 pound meth goblin that's scared of dogs, carry pepper spray." OKAY.

What a fucking moron.
🤣

Damn you Chip. I was laughing so hard at this I woke my girlfriend up and pissed her off!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....