6-3 SCOTUS vote: President has "official" immunity

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

6-3 SCOTUS vote: President has "official" immunity

Post by Mojo »

The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled 6-3 that the President has immunity and can't be prosecuted after leaving office for "official acts."

This is so beyond mindlowing disgusting and disheartening. America is dead. The Founding Fathers should be absolutely devastated.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/suprem ... rcna159539

What to know about the Supreme Court's ruling on Trump's immunity appeal:
The Supreme Court ruled that former President Donald Trump has some immunity from prosecution in his federal election interference case. The 6-3 decision, which is complex, further delays special counsel Jack Smith's prosecution.
Chief Justice John Roberts, writing for the majority, rejected Trump's broad immunity claims and said that Trump only has immunity for his "official" acts as president. The high court did not determine what constitutes an official act in this case, leaving that to the lower court.
Last edited by Mojo on Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
exitflagger

Re: 6-3 SCOTUS vote: President has absolute immunity

Post by exitflagger »

I'm not getting "absolute" out of this. They essentially just decided to not decide. We're in the same spot where there is endless hair-splitting over what does and doesn't constitute an official act.

The supreme court is worthless in it's current state. They are configured only to cause damage to the country at this point.
ImageImage
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

exitflagger wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:41 am I'm not getting "absolute" out of this.
Yeah, I changed it to "Official."
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
exitflagger

Re: 6-3 SCOTUS vote: President has "official" immunity

Post by exitflagger »

The only upside is that the imperative to keep Trump out of the White House should be super-turbocharged from this.
ImageImage
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

America is great - I’ve never been happier and I’m always happy

It’s officially summertime- doing what I want from Ventura down to SD with trips to LV

Who is president- who cares
Cody Rhodes is sissy champ whoever runs the country

Maybe court could vote for me
Bach in Vegas and Fasterpussycat at Whisky same night- court would be 5-4 but who would win 🇺🇸
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Biden is President. That, if anything, is the only glimmer of hope here.

I've already posted several thing that Biden needs to do as President to save our country.

No. 1 Making it illegal for convicted felons to run for President.

Restore Roe v. Wade immediately.

On that note, this is truly a disgusting fucking day for the US, a mere 3 days before the Fourth of July.

And I'm out . . .
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Fuck every motherfucking goddamn thing...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

hopefully the Dems make this one of the focal points in the re-election ads...
TooOldToCare
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by TooOldToCare »

Biden is President at least until Jan 2025 - would this not apply to him as well? You reap what you sow. Dark Brandon time. Heck, line 'em up - anyone who has committed the definition of treason—target practice. Of course, I'm being facetious, but isn't this the game we're playing now? And technically, unless the Constitution is dissolved, doesn't 2A say I have a constitutional right to bear arms against a tyrannical government? We'll suspend the "organized militia" for this fantasy.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

exitflagger wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:41 am The supreme court is worthless in it's current state. They are configured only to cause damage to the country at this point.
You can blame Trump and his stacking of the SCOTUS with far-right nutjobs for that. America is royally fucked now if Trump wins in November.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

exitflagger wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:41 am I'm not getting "absolute" out of this. They essentially just decided to not decide. We're in the same spot where there is endless hair-splitting over what does and doesn't constitute an official act.

The supreme court is worthless in it's current state. They are configured only to cause damage to the country at this point.
Yep. All that. Their job was to keep Jack Smith out of court until after the election and they did it.
Wild Obsession wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:35 am Tony Martin Black Sabbath is on the level of Gary Cherone Van Halen.
whammybar
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by whammybar »

This is the country that slaughtered millions of bison to starve the Indians out. That mentality still bubbles beneath the surface for many, and raises its paranoid and entitled head from time to time.
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

biden is a joke, his people run the country. He probably doesn't know what day it is or if his poop is solid or not. Trump had his day in the sun and didn't drain the swamp. neither is worth being re elected. They both are an embarrassment to the USA. Praise the lord and pass the ammunition. ..
that's a song lyric before someone gets butt hurt.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

keyofgee wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:42 am biden is a joke, his people run the country. He probably doesn't know what day it is or if his poop is solid or not. Trump had his day in the sun and didn't drain the swamp. neither is worth being re elected. They both are an embarrassment to the USA. Praise the lord and pass the ammunition. ..

His people are doing fucking good, then. Your people want to saddle us with a narcissistic sociopath and turn this country into a puritan shithole.

Fuck off, Mr Both Sides Bad. People like you made Trump and now you're going to walk away and pretend you didn't start the dumpster fire.
ImageImage
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:22 am
keyofgee wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:42 am biden is a joke, his people run the country. He probably doesn't know what day it is or if his poop is solid or not. Trump had his day in the sun and didn't drain the swamp. neither is worth being re elected. They both are an embarrassment to the USA. Praise the lord and pass the ammunition. ..

His people are doing fucking good, then. Your people want to saddle us with a narcissistic sociopath and turn this country into a puritan shithole.

Fuck off, Mr Both Sides Bad. People like you made Trump and now you're going to walk away and pretend you didn't start the dumpster fire.
as usual.. resorting to name calling when I did neither... that is a true test of someone
Danzig in the Dark

keyofgee wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:47 am

as usual.. resorting to name calling when I did neither... that is a true test of someone
Fuck your tone policing too. Four years of you assclowns bitching about "liberal snowflakes" offended by mean words, especially Trump's mean words, and now you're asshurt over my mean words? Eat shit. This is the world you wanted. Now quit your whining, you little baby.

You proudly stood with a narcissistic sociopath for years. That's a true testament to your character, or lack thereof.
ImageImage
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:17 am

Fuck your tone policing too. Four years of you assclowns bitching about "liberal snowflakes" offended by mean words, especially Trump's mean words, and now you're asshurt over my mean words? Eat shit. This is the world you wanted. Now quit your whining, you little baby.

You proudly stood with a narcissistic sociopath for years. That's a true testament to your character, or lack thereof.
may we one day meet and I buy you a beer....
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

keyofgee wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:36 am may we one day meet and I buy you a beer....
Don't count on it. Under Trump authoritarian rule he'll likely bring prohibition back with all the other idiotic draconian policies.
ImageImage
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

exitflagger wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:08 pm
keyofgee wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:36 am may we one day meet and I buy you a beer....
Don't count on it. Under Trump authoritarian rule he'll likely bring prohibition back with all the other idiotic draconian policies.
You may be right. Aren’t most of Trump’s supporters boycotting alcohol anyway since Bud Light became sponsored by a tranny?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:02 pm
You may be right. Aren’t most of Trump’s supporters boycotting alcohol anyway since Bud Light became sponsored by a tranny?

You watch too much tv lol of course we didn't boycott budlite.. well i didn’t….
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

I can't keep track of which of all of us to hate, so I've decided to be an equal opportunity hater to all humans except the one who sucks my dick. My dogs are better company than people, so I'll treat them well, too.
Danzig in the Dark

keyofgee wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:36 am

Not likely.
ImageImage
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:56 am

Not likely.
Just an offer..."An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind"..."The Buttercream Gang"
Danzig in the Dark

keyofgee wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:17 am
Danzig in the Dark wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:56 am

Not likely.
Just an offer..."An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind"..."The Buttercream Gang"
Nothing like a little self-righteous irony. I'll pass.

Gandhi.
ImageImage
thechefs2003
Picking a Band Name

Post by thechefs2003 »

So a president could decide on his own that a domestic terrorist lives at a beach club in South Florida and order a military team to take him out and because he did this as his official sworn duty of keeping the country safe - he couldn't be prosecuted for it? Interesting....
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

they let it slide right after there were pics of kid rock drinking bud light with a tranny
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:49 pm
they let it slide right after there were pics of kid rock drinking bud light with a tranny
That is silly. How many of you smoke knowing very well that smoking can kill you and does it slowly?? You wont stop. Neither did the beer drinkers.. its all BS
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

keyofgee wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:00 pm You watch too much tv lol of course we didn't boycott budlite.. well i didn’t….
At least you finally admit you're a Trump supporter.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

TooOldToCare wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:26 pm Biden is President at least until Jan 2025 - would this not apply to him as well? You reap what you sow. Dark Brandon time. Heck, line 'em up - anyone who has committed the definition of treason—target practice.
thechefs2003 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:23 pm So a president could decide on his own that a domestic terrorist lives at a beach club in South Florida and order a military team to take him out and because he did this as his official sworn duty of keeping the country safe - he couldn't be prosecuted for it? Interesting....
This was my first thought, Biden could take out Trump, and as long as he did it in an official capacity, he'd be fine.
Setting up the framework for a dictatorship while a political opponent is still in office would be the dumbest shit you could do if this was anywhere else.
Not in the US. They know the librul pussies don't have the guts to do anything. Even though Biden runs a crime family, and the FBI, the CIa an the LGBTABC+*/, despite being a useless demented fool.
Mojo wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:16 am The Founding Fathers should be absolutely devastated.
Who knows what they'd think... Perhaps they would be MAGA retards, the kind of idiots who call Bill Burr a cuck in their Podcast because his wife flipped the bird at Trump at some UFC event.
Last edited by mullet_head on Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

mullet_head wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:30 pm
Mojo wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:16 am The Founding Fathers should be absolutely devastated.
Who knows what they'd think... Perhaps they would be MAGA retards, the kind of idiots who call Bill Burr a cuck in their Podcast because his wife flipped the bird at Trump at some UFC event.
Mullet is probably right - they'd be devastated to see a black guy in charge for 8 years, which is the root cause of the current shitshow.