Gonna make spaghetti

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Gonna make spaghetti

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Have you ever made spaghetti before? If so, how do you cook the spaghetti?

Do you add salt to the water? Do you break the spaghetti in half? Do you add olive oil to the water?

When you strain it, do you rinse it with cold water? Do you toss it in olive oil?

If going the jar route, do you add shit to it like shrooms, peppers, onions and spices? What spices? Is there a brand of sauce you buy? A type of sauce?

Gonna cook soon. Thanks!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Gonna make spaghetti

Post by Nate S Axel »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:57 pm Have you ever made spaghetti before? If so, how do you cook the spaghetti?

Do you add salt to the water? Do you break the spaghetti in half? Do you add olive oil to the water?

When you strain it, do you rinse it with cold water? Do you toss it in olive oil?

If going the jar route, do you add shit to it like shrooms, peppers, onions and spices? What spices? Is there a brand of sauce you buy? A type of sauce?

Gonna cook soon. Thanks!
No, I just go out to eat it.
https://www.last.fm/user/JustinDTLV

"Las Vegas is a world leader in nights you wish would never end." (VitalVegas)
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

I get the Kraft "Spaghetti Classics" in the green box, under $2.00. my Mom would cook it for us when we were kids.

includes the pasta, seasoning for the sauce and a packet of Parmesan cheese.

add a touch of salt to the water. boil the pasta, strain it (no rinse) and put it back into the pan with a pat of butter.

for the sauce, add the seasoning to a couple of 8 oz cans of tomato sauce with a bit of water and that's it. I always cook up some ground beef and add it to the sauce.

pour the sauce into the pan with the cooked spaghetti and fold it in with a pair of tongs.

I usually heat up some garlic toast or make some jalapeno cornbread to go with it.

enough for a few people for about $8.00.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Just plain noodles, ground beef, and sauce. I sometimes splurge on the more expensive sauces rather than plain ol' Ragu, Hunt's, or Prego, and other times I just choose one of those three and keep it cheap. Then top it with shredded parmesan.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

add salt after the water has come to a boil. salt sitting at the bottom of your pot can damage some coatings.
it's ok to break it in half but try fresh pasta. it's way better.
don't add oil to the water. your sauce won't stick to it.

no and no. cook the pasta el dente so it's just a hair undercooked. finish the pasta cooking in your sauce.

use Mutti brand sauce. chefs recommend it if you don't make your own. add cooked italian sausage. doesn't need anything else.
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

It is not ok to break it in half. What the hell is wrong with you people?
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

No I have never made this "spaghetti" before. I am going to some research on this. Sounds like it might be good...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
MattleyCrue
Headlining Clubs

Post by MattleyCrue »

Sunday sauce today baby
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
mrsnikkisixx
Headlining Clubs

Post by mrsnikkisixx »

De Cecco spaghetti, not broken in half, added to water seasoned with salt and a touch of oil to keep it from sticking together.

Rao’s marinara sauce. Don’t need to add anything to it. Perfect as is.

Toasted big toast garlic bread.

Tough to beat for a great dinner.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Pinch of salt when cooking the spaghetti.

Been enjoying tuna pasta recently. Tuna, pasta, tomatoes, parsley, spinach, and garlic. Sprinkled with parmeson cheese, salt and pepper.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
VinnieVincentsVag
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Oil keeps sauce from sticking to it.
Don’t do that.
Use some ketchup from Trumps ear.
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:57 pm Have you ever made spaghetti before? If so, how do you cook the spaghetti?

Gonna cook soon. Thanks!
As it happens, I just made spaghetti Sunday night. It was fabulous!
I went to the Italian market, and they didn't have any crushed San Martzano tomatoes. So I bought diced. It's better than whole. You have to crush whole ones by hand because you have to pull the huge core out of them. There's no tool for that.
Anyway, I got some cool spice dried linguine, it was colorful and cute! I made a tomato, basil meat sauce, and some garlic bread and a tomato/cucumber salad. It was all pretty good.
I never use sauce from a jar!

To answer the questions though, yes, I break the long pasta. I add salt to the water. Lot's of it. It's supposed to be like the ocean.

I never add olive oil unless I am boiling lasagna noodles. They tend to stick together if I don't.
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

What is wrong with breaking spaghetti in half?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Grendel wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:31 pm What is wrong with breaking spaghetti in half?
there is no real reason. some say in means you hope for a shorter life. some say your more prone to splattering your clothes with sauce. some say it's just rude. i'm sure some stugatz will chirp in another dumb reason. if you're cooking for yourself, do what you want. if you're cooking for others leave it whole
unless you're making assassin's spaghetti you should be using fresh not dried.
Last edited by Kid-Wicked on Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Grendel wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:31 pm What is wrong with breaking spaghetti in half?
It's blasphemy against the FSM.
ImageImage
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

I'll do what I want! Fuck people who care about split spaghetti!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
Wild Obsession
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Wild Obsession »

Bertolli Vinyard Marinara Sauce.