Using adderall

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Rocker4Real
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Using adderall

Post by Rocker4Real »

Ever use adderall? I've heard it's like meth in pill form.
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Using adderall

Post by Mojo »

I was prescribed it as a child. It made me irritable, depressed and killed my appetite.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Rocker4Real
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by Rocker4Real »

Mojo wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 10:44 am I was prescribed it as a child. It made me irritable, depressed and killed my appetite.
Didn't know they gave it to children. Is it in a less potent form?
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Rocker4Real wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 11:02 am
Mojo wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 10:44 am I was prescribed it as a child. It made me irritable, depressed and killed my appetite.
I don't remember the dosage. It and Ritalin were the two main tranquilizers given to children with ADHD, when I was young.
Image Image
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

I went out with a girl who had a prescription. She was at USC getting a doctorate. Apparently, every fucking doctoral student has Adderall.

I fucking loved it. You could go out drinking all night in Vegas and not get that "I've-been-drinking-all-night-in-Vegas" sluggish feeling at liiiike 4am.

It was also great for the superhuman focus it would give you doing projects.

Good shit. 5 stars out of 5.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

TooOldToCare
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by TooOldToCare »

Does it cause one to excessively sniff while giving unhinged rally speeches? Or is that just coke? I've tried neither.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Depending on the dosage level, it will make you very efficient in your day to day work activities. But what I noticed most about friends who claim they have attention deficit is how ungodly annoying they are when they take their morning dose and it starts to kick in. They ramble incessantly and it’s really tough to be around.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

My wife is very adhd. I don't know when she takes it, but sometimes she wont stop with the talking, work stories, making up songs about the dogs. I barely speak in the morning and I never talk about work. Being at work is enough about work for the day.
Indy_Rob
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Indy_Rob »

I was diagnosed with ADHD last year days before my 49th birthday. Weird. I was prescribed Azstarys. Initially it seemed to help but within a handful of months it didn't seem to be as effective anymore. Then they switched me to Vyvanse and I've found it helps quite a bit. I asked about adding in a mid-afternoon booster of Adderall (as needed) and was given the ok. That was about 3-4 months ago and I still have most of the bottle. I take it (usually just half a tablet) for a little boost only if needed or if I forget to take my morning Vyvanse (which is rare). I'm not quite sure how much it (Adderall) helps. Maybe somewhat. I think caffeine is probably as effective for me as Adderall bc it gives a similar energy and focus boost. I don't get a high feeling at all from it.
St_Augustines_Pears
Headlining Clubs

Post by St_Augustines_Pears »

For destruction?
"Moving on, is a simple thing...what it leaves behind is hard. You know the sleeping feel no more pain...and the living are all scarred." -- Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde"
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Stuff is great. Get tons of shit done. Can stay up all night if you need to. Legal meth.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:56 am Stuff is great. Get tons of shit done. Can stay up all night if you need to. Legal meth.
For someone like my wife, who is at the high water mark of ADHD, it doesn't keep her awake or whatever, but it allows her to stay on task or else...SQUIRREL...

Being married to someone with ADHD can be a task. But probably no less than being married to someone with generalized anxiety who specializes in catastrophic thinking. :D
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I’d like to try it but I know better. I would probably be abusing it inside of two days.

I run from alcohol and any other medication like that. I’ve learned the hard way that if I want to “drink like a gentleman” the only way is by smoking pot.
whammybar
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by whammybar »

Someone gave me one years ago, it made me feel like I had been poisoned with a quart of enamel paint. I've always been that way with speedy meds. But things like Valium and Xanax give me energy and I'll be cleaning up the house while whistling.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Someone gave me one years ago. I took it and almost forgot i did, and then on a walk to the Rite-aid, everything was super in focus and my mind sounded like ZIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Felt buzzed off my ass. However not in a way that I was like "Holy shit! I must get more of this!"
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

St_Augustines_Pears wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 10:56 pm
For destruction?
:lol:
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Mojo wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 11:48 am
I don't remember the dosage. It and Ritalin were the two main tranquilizers given to children with ADHD, when I was young.
they aren't tranquilizers. they're methamphetamines. stimulants are uppers not downers.
i went from ritalin to vyvance to adderal. the highest dose of ritalin worked best for focus but it gave me the shakes.
LadyJaneGrey
Headlining Clubs

Post by LadyJaneGrey »

Never tried it, on enough medication as it is.
VinnieVincentsVag
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:41 pm

they aren't tranquilizers. they're methamphetamines. stimulants are uppers not downers.
i went from ritalin to vyvance to adderal. the highest dose of ritalin worked best for focus but it gave me the shakes.
I was under the impression that they worked the exact opposite in a situation where someone is prescribed it ?
Indy_Rob
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Indy_Rob »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:17 pm

I was under the impression that they worked the exact opposite in a situation where someone is prescribed it ?
They do. That's the paradox. Giving someone with hyperactivity and focus problems a drug that makes "normal" people more hyper actually calms them and makes them more focused.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

And that's exactly what I meant. Yes, it's a stimulant, but it has a tranquilizing effect on people whose brains don't work like everyone else's. It turned me into a zombie.
Image Image
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Mojo wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 5:31 am

And that's exactly what I meant. Yes, it's a stimulant, but it has a tranquilizing effect on people whose brains don't work like everyone else's. It turned me into a zombie.
do you know how adhd is diagnosed? you answer 20 (i think) yes/no questions on a piece of paper. if you say yes to more than 8 of them you get a prescription.
and when you see the questions you realize EVERYONE is a candidate.
Indy_Rob
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Indy_Rob »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:32 pm

do you know how adhd is diagnosed? you answer 20 (i think) yes/no questions on a piece of paper. if you say yes to more than 8 of them you get a prescription.
In my case, I also had to take a computerized visual test (TOVA) where my reaction time was measured. It wasn't just a questionnaire. And the questionnaire was like 80 questions or something.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Indy_Rob wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 5:22 am
Kid-Wicked wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:32 pm
In my case, I also had to take a computerized visual test (TOVA) where my reaction time was measured. It wasn't just a questionnaire. And the questionnaire was like 80 questions or something.
are you on other meds? any mental health issues within your family?
TimmyP
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by TimmyP »

Sleek wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:44 pm You could go out drinking all night in Vegas and not get that "I've-been-drinking-all-night-in-Vegas" sluggish feeling at liiiike 4am.
This. Perfect for Vegas. First time I took it I played craps at the Hard Rock from 1-5 am and was LOCKED IN, no matter how many jack & cokes i had (and i had a shit-tom of them).

No wonder all the college kids are on that shit -- EXTREME FOCUS and didn't get tired. Cramming for finals juice, fuck the coffee and Monsters.
Fa Fa Foohey/Ta Ta Toothey/Ma Ma Monkey