Dump Shithole

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

poisonheart
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: President Trump

Post by poisonheart »

radiobed wrote: It's the AMOUNT of cases they have reviewed and had overturned/vacated that is much more important statistically than % not affirmed that were reviewed. They had a high % of a LOT more cases! Any reasonable person would look at those statistics and have questions.
California generates a much larger amount of cases, period. In the 12 months ending last June the 9th circuit heard 11,888 of the 56,244 cases heard by all federal appellate courts. Of course the AMOUNT is going to be larger.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

To all the people here on Sludge who voted for Trump,
we are waiting for your apology. Apologize to the American public
and admit the person you supported is clearly for his own interests and not
of the nation.
radiobed
Headlining Clubs

Post by radiobed »

exitflagger wrote:Here's what is to be laughed at: "Trump's general assertion was correct". No. There was no tiny iota of what he said that was "correct". He was doing what he does on an alarmingly regular basis: Plainly and brazenly lying to further his agenda.
He was essentially using one of the least compelling statistics in defending something true.

The statistics I used clearly put the 9th circuit court into question.

So feel free to bash Trump for blustering and not citing the right statistics or caring about the details, but he clearly was not trying to lie.
grishnak boss
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by grishnak boss »

Radiobed, you think a multi billionaire with his own agenda cares for you, your family or close ones?......he's fucking us all.
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by exitflagger »

radiobed wrote:
The statistics I used clearly put the 9th circuit court into question.

he clearly was not trying to lie.
A. Nope.

B. Does Revtard split ball-licking duty with you? You get one presidential nad and he gets the other?
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
radiobed
Headlining Clubs

Post by radiobed »

poisonheart wrote:
radiobed wrote: It's the AMOUNT of cases they have reviewed and had overturned/vacated that is much more important statistically than % not affirmed that were reviewed. They had a high % of a LOT more cases! Any reasonable person would look at those statistics and have questions.
California generates a much larger amount of cases, period. In the 12 months ending last June the 9th circuit heard 11,888 of the 56,244 cases heard by all federal appellate courts. Of course the AMOUNT is going to be larger.
I looked at that, but it still creates a statistical anomaly.

9th Circuit - 114,000 cases, 140 reversed/vacated

Next highest was:
5th Circuit 85,000 cases, 37 reversed/vacated
If they reviewed 170,000 cases, they'd be 74 on average. More cases reviewed, half reversed/vacated.

Like I said, there appears to be something there. Definitely significant. Does trump intentionally make it look a lot worse than it is?? Maybe but it's not like all politicians don't overstate things they support.
poisonheart
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by poisonheart »

radiobed wrote:
poisonheart wrote:
I looked at that, but it still creates a statistical anomaly.

9th Circuit - 114,000 cases, 140 reversed/vacated

Next highest was:
5th Circuit 85,000 cases, 37 reversed/vacated
If they reviewed 170,000 cases, they'd be 74 on average. More cases reviewed, half reversed/vacated.

Like I said, there appears to be something there. Definitely significant.
Well, what are you arguing is purportedly there? I don't think anyone is denying that the 9th Circuit is ideologically more moderate than SCOTUS. But, as the stats make clear, there's nothing there that justifies the "rogue court" nonsense. That's pure hyperbole.
radiobed
Headlining Clubs

Post by radiobed »

grishnak boss wrote:Radiobed, you think a multi billionaire with his own agenda cares for you, your family or close ones?......he's fucking us all.
I'll challenge you by asking you this question, do you think Bernie Sanders, a guy that was basically broke and almost 40 before he became a career politician cares about you or your family?? His life of "public service" has him owning 3 homes now!

To answer your question though, I'm not always a fan of the messenger but in general I like the message, especially economically. As stated before, I'm not the blue collar union elector that switched from blue to red and swung this election. I do come from a blue collar area of mainly white and hispanics that generally seemed to have switched to Trump.

Do I believe Trump wants to genuinely help these people?? I think I do and maybe it's just for sake of his own ego and wanting to be praised for delivering on his promises. Whether it's his own ego or genuine care, either way I think he wants to create jobs and an environment that will help these people.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

radiobed wrote:Do I believe Trump wants to genuinely help these people?? I think I do and maybe it's just for sake of his own ego and wanting to be praised for delivering on his promises. Whether it's his own ego or genuine care, either way I think he wants to create jobs and an environment that will help these people.
:lol:
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
radiobed
Headlining Clubs

Post by radiobed »

poisonheart wrote:Well, what are you arguing is purportedly there? I don't think anyone is denying that the 9th Circuit is ideologically more moderate than SCOTUS. But, as the stats make clear, there's nothing there that justifies the "rogue court" nonsense. That's pure hyperbole.
You make a fair point in saying Trump (or right propoganda) likely exaggerate by calling the 9th circuit court rogue, bit of an overstatement.

But it's also true that statistically they stand out fairly significantly from the other 9 circuit courts. They have a reputation for a reason.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

radiobed wrote:
Statistics clearly back the 9th circuit court's "rogue" reputation. In showing this another way, the 9th circuit had a case overturned/vacated more than once per month in a 10 year period. The other courts had 2 or 3 per year.
The only thing you're showing is that you are a dumb ass for continuing to defend a Fox News talking point. The 9th Circuit heard 951 cases a month during that 10 year period. The court overturned .1%/month.
radiobed wrote:
But it's also true that statistically they stand out fairly significantly from the other 9 circuit courts. They have a reputation for a reason.
You don't even know how many circuit courts there are and you're arguing that the 9th Circuit is "rogue." Totally ridiculous. Stop embarrassing yourself. The 9th Circuit is called "rogue" by the Conservative media because the court leans left. That is why it's called "rogue." Simple as that dumb ass. One more time dumb ass, look at the graphic:

exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

It looks like the whole foundation of radiotard's argument is that maybe Trump lies but it's okay because politicians are supposed to lie.

Pretty tough stance there.
ImageImage
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Trump Vineyard Estates, LLC is seeking permission to import almost two dozen additional foreign workers, according to a petition posted by the Department of Labor on Thursday.

Here is the petition. Trump Vineyard Estates, LLC is asking to bring in 23 workers this spring to plant and harvest grapes. The workers are being sought under the federal H-2 visa program, which permits American employers to hire foreign laborers under temporary work visas as long as no qualified US workers want the jobs.

https://lcr-pjr.doleta.gov/index.cfm?ev ... _id=109194

An H2A visa is a temporary work visa for foreign agricultural workers with a job offer for seasonal agricultural work in the US. The H2A visa program is open to nationals of countries that the United States Secretary of Homeland Security has designated as eligible to participate and is revised annually.

Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Do they get to fly on his plane, or are they just poor trash?

"I'm just here for the irony and the dancing."
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

"I'm just here for the irony and the dancing."
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

What It Looks Like When A President Fails
https://youtu.be/TkO8fXEie9U

This Presidency Doesn't Feel Real, Fake Presidency
https://youtu.be/0_HO0AD6QW4

Russian spy ship 17 miles from Norfolk naval base
https://youtu.be/d8M3ehIVhDA

#LOSING
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Watergate Part Deux

Coming soon to a "biased" news program near you!
ImageImage
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Dickhead has now declared unequivocal war on the people trying to call him out on his lies.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... ar-AAn42dE?

How does anybody still side with this fucking twit? It's amazingly clear what he's trying to do. You thought it was just a speech tick of his when he compulsively chants "Believe me!" after every delusional thing he plops out of his mouth. No... he's hypnotizing retards.

"Believe ME and no one else but ME! Never listen to anyone who says a single word against me..."

I swear to God I never thought I'd see this country put up with this kind of shit.
ImageImage
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

There are 3 Trump voters in our office and all they go on about when it comes to Trump is "crying Liberals". Just like Rev, it was all about giving it to the liberals that had taken over, and were destroying America. They really don't care where it takes us, because they reckon they'll be just fine, it won't be them on the shitty end of the stick.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

radiobed wrote:
grishnak boss wrote:Radiobed, you think a multi billionaire with his own agenda cares for you, your family or close ones?......he's fucking us all.
I'll challenge you by asking you this question, do you think Bernie Sanders, a guy that was basically broke and almost 40 before he became a career politician cares about you or your family?? His life of "public service" has him owning 3 homes now!

To answer your question though, I'm not always a fan of the messenger but in general I like the message, especially economically. As stated before, I'm not the blue collar union elector that switched from blue to red and swung this election. I do come from a blue collar area of mainly white and hispanics that generally seemed to have switched to Trump.

Do I believe Trump wants to genuinely help these people?? I think I do and maybe it's just for sake of his own ego and wanting to be praised for delivering on his promises. Whether it's his own ego or genuine care, either way I think he wants to create jobs and an environment that will help these people.
He has one in Burlington, capital of the state he represents as Senator, and one in DC, where he works as a Senator. The lake house was bought with proceeds from the sale of a home in Maine his wife inherited. Now, explain how any of that is in any way evidence of corruption, making him untrustworthy. We can't trust Sanders to look out for us because he has three houses but we can trust the guy with a multi-billion dollar real estate empire. Radiosped logic. :lol:
ImageImage
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

MickeyG wrote:There are 3 Trump voters in our office and all they go on about when it comes to Trump is "crying Liberals". Just like Rev, it was all about giving it to the liberals that had taken over, and were destroying America. They really don't care where it takes us, because they reckon they'll be just fine, it won't be them on the shitty end of the stick.
Sad but true. See how long it lasts. Maybe when their taxes go up they'll change their tune. Perhaps it will take another 9/11. It's coming.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

4 weeks in and the Trump administration is collapsing. Can't get anyone to work for him. Look for resignations soon. Shit is hitting the fan. Trump is done.

Petraeus Says National Security Adviser Should Hire Own Staff
https://www.wsj.com/articles/petraeus-s ... 22?tesla=y

MUNICH—Former CIA director David Petraeus said anyone considering the national security adviser job in the Trump administration should have control over personnel and the White House would commit to a disciplined process of crafting security policy.

Mr. Petraeus, a retired four-star general, was one of several candidates under consideration for the national security job after retired Vice Adm. Robert Harward withdrew from consideration. But an official briefed on the search for a NSC adviser said Mr. Petraeus was no longer being considered because the White House thought his demands were unreasonable.
Moggio_5.1
"Wonky Eyed Straw Gripper"

Post by Moggio_5.1 »

radiobed wrote:Joe, you're either really fucking stupid or just really fucking dishonest. Which is it Joe??
He's both.

But to be fair, I think he obviously suffers from some form of mental illness. And if that's the case, then we can't really get that pissed off at him.

Nowadays, I only deal with him in small doses...
"Rock journalism is for people who can't write, preparing stories based on interviews with people who can't talk, in order to amuse people who can't read." ~ Frank Zappa, 1976
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

exitflagger wrote:Dickhead has now declared unequivocal war on the people trying to call him out on his lies.

How does anybody still side with this fucking twit? It's amazingly clear what he's trying to do. You thought it was just a speech tick of his when he compulsively chants "Believe me!" after every delusional thing he plops out of his mouth. No... he's hypnotizing retards.

"Believe ME and no one else but ME! Never listen to anyone who says a single word against me..."

I swear to God I never thought I'd see this country put up with this kind of shit.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Right wing The Washington Examiner now turning on Trump:

Report: Harward turned down national security adviser job after watching Trump press conference
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/repor ... le/2615221

Retired Vice Adm. Robert Harward turned down President Trump's offer to take over as national security adviser after watching a press conference that Trump led on Thursday.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Moggio_5.1 wrote:
radiobed wrote:Joe, you're either really fucking stupid or just really fucking dishonest. Which is it Joe??
He's both.
LMFAO @ the two retards who have been completely exposed and humiliated.
Turner Coates wrote:Image
LMFAO
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

exitflagger wrote:Dickhead has now declared unequivocal war on the people trying to call him out on his lies.

The Republicans in office could start taking care of this, but they're not helping either. Unlike the general public supporters, a lot of them obviously see the bullshit but want the political victory and like having the license to go apeshit with the policies and chest-thumping. So any fanciful notion of that general segment of the public possibly being rescued from itself are out the window.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

MickeyG wrote:There are 3 Trump voters in our office and all they go on about when it comes to Trump is "crying Liberals". Just like Rev, it was all about giving it to the liberals that had taken over, and were destroying America. They really don't care where it takes us, because they reckon they'll be just fine, it won't be them on the shitty end of the stick.
It's hard to explain to certain people that this bickering isn't about partisanship. Most of the people I know aren't simply out to get Republicans *because* they're Republicans. I hear more conservatives refer to "libtards" than I do progressives using derogatory language for conservatives. Unfortunately, it happens to be the case that the current incarnation of the GOP is self-serving, and that kind of narrow inward focus takes the government into some murky, dangerous waters.

A significant percentage of this country has lost the ability to think critically. The Trump shit is right in front of everyone's eyes and the truth of it is he's more likely to make the lives of his own voters worse than when Obama was in office. Putting in place or taking away legislation that, either way, will be destructive to people or the environment, then, say, taking away Obamacare, will have the effect of causing people's deaths. But right now all some people see is that Obama made them get that healthcare and that Trump is going to solve that problem. The first time somebody's relative, maybe a child, dies because of this so-called solution, there's going to be a demand for answers.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Ahhhhh.... 'Murica!! Sorry amigos, you don't NEED to know what us white folks are plannin' fer you....

Gutiérrez On Being Asked To Leave ICE Meeting In Capitol By Speaker Ryan And Chairman Goodlatte

Washington, DC – Today, Rep. Luis V. Gutiérrez (D-IL) issued a statement in response to being excluded from a meeting in the U.S. Capitol with Acting Director Thomas Homan of ICE. Rep. Gutiérrez was asked to leave the meeting by staffers for Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) at the request of Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) and Speaker Ryan. Several other Members were excluded from the meeting with the ICE official, including Reps. Nanette Barragán (D-CA), Tony Cárdenas (D-CA), Emanuel Cleaver (D-MO), Lou Correa (D-CA), Ruben Kihuen (D-NV), Grace Napolitano (D-CA), Norma Torres (D-CA), and Juan Vargas (D-CA).

Rep. Gutiérrez was among the Members who requested the meeting with the Acting ICE Director in a letter on February 11 (http://bit.ly/2lYxChf). A meeting originally scheduled for Tuesday with the Congressional Hispanic Caucus and other Democrats in the House was cancelled at the last minute by ICE. It was rescheduled to today and turned into a Republican-led meeting run by Chairman Goodlatte and was apparently made invitation-only. Members were told by Chairman Goodlatte at the meeting that any further meetings with ICE officials would have to be cleared by the Republican Judiciary Committee Chairman.

The following is a statement by Rep. Luis V. Gutiérrez, who is a Member of the House Judiciary Committee and the Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security and the Chairman of the CHC Taskforce on Immigration. He represents the 4th District of Illinois and is starting his 13th term.

"In 20-plus years, I have never heard of the Republicans controlling what meetings Democrats can have with officials of the Executive Branch and never had a staffer ask me to leave a meeting to which I am entitled to attend. My constituents have questions about who is being targeted by ICE, which DREAMers with DACA they are targeting for deportation, which victims of domestic violence ICE is deporting, which immigrants at church shelters are being targeted. We know the statements by Trump about targeting criminals is a lie, but we were hoping someone could give us the truth or any information at all.

The new mass deportation executive orders are unprecedented, but so are the lengths to which the Speaker and Chairman Goodlatte are going to control the information being disseminated to Members of Congress. I expect such dictatorial shenanigans from the Trump Administration, but not from competent, compassionate legislators like Speaker Ryan or from legislators like Bob Goodlatte. Do they have ear pieces feeding them orders from President Bannon or the others making decisions in the White House?

Speaker Ryan is not an emperor and does not control who I meet with. My colleagues and I asked for this meeting and we still have not been given details by ICE about who they are deporting, why, and how. We simply have hit a stone wall and now Republicans in the House are cooperating in limiting the information that we can provide to our constituents."

https://gutierrez.house.gov/media-cente ... r-ryan-and