Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by saracapri »

Summer of Sam: I know I saw this when it first came out, but I didn't remember much about it except that Adrien Brody was hot in it. So, I rewatched it last night and realized that Adrien Brody is really hot in this movie. I don't usually like to apply ratings to movies but I give this one a 10/10 for the scene with him in his tight blue underwear.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Itjogsamongus wrote: It wasn't that it was just about gay people, I kind of new the plot. It was just awful music and atrocious, I mean downright atrocious lyrics. Just plain stupid. And this faggot won a Pulitzer? That's a god damn joke.
I could not agree more, especially about the lyrics. I don't like musicals, though, so my opinion is a little biased from the start.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

The Lost World: Jurassic Park- 5/10. Pretty 'meh' compared to the first one, and Julianne Moore is ter.ri.fucking.ble.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

The Machine Girl - 3.75/5 - Some really entertaining violence, gore, Asians crying a lot and then screaming "NOOOOOO!" repeatedly at times, and then a lot more screaming, bleeding, fighting, shooting, stabbing, suffering, dying and then even more crying.
Tons of 'sprinkler sprayed' blood from various chopped off and tortured limbs, heads and other body parts, and some really creative ways to fuck someone up with weapons and hand to hand. Although most of the fighting was fucking pathetic, it's overall entertaining value, the frequent violence, gore and showering blood made it worth it.
It was fucking cool actually.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

IDIAMINDADA wrote:
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Inglorious Basterds - I give it 4 out of 5 stars. Quentin has got the talentz for stealing bits and pieces from smaller films and pasting them together and passing them off as original thoughts...
Fixed that for you.
Do you think he's trying to fool people or paying homage?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Kerry King's Pentagram
Asskicker in Training

Post by Kerry King's Pentagram »

Let The Right One In - 8/10. The best horror film I've seen in a long time. Who knew the Swedes could make good horror? Too bad a remake is already in development. Sure, it will be more faithful to the book (apparently) but I bet it won't be as good as this film was.

"Hey Butt-Head. What did people do before TV?" "Don't be stupid, Beavis. There's always been TV. There's just more channels now." "Oh yeah, progress is cool!"
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

Mystic River: 7.5/10 - Been meaning to watch this for a long time and finally got around to it. Great story and it actually made me like Sean Penn for a change.

The Constant Gardner: 7/10 - Such a shame that some of the things that happened in the movie really do happen out there in the world. It's all about money and if you're not in the equation, then you're dead.

Eastern promises: 6/10 - Saw WAAAAAAAY too much of a naked Vigo Mortensen, but otherwise... it was a good movie.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Fargo - "You're such a super lady." I'm really tired of parts of this movie, but I like that line. It's still a 7.9/10.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

silent_eyes wrote:Eastern promises: 6/10 - Saw WAAAAAAAY too much of a naked Vigo Mortensen, but otherwise... it was a good movie.
6/10???

Oh man.
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

500 Days of Summer - Saw this with the wench, and I gotta say I thought it was pretty good. Levitt is a hell of an actor and I thought the movie had a lot of unique elements and got better as it went on. 8/10

District 9 - Fuck the haters. This is one of the most original movies I've seen in years and is superbly filmed. 9/10.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

"Walk The Line" and "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story". I'd rate them both 8/10.
gruentransfer
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by gruentransfer »

Royal Dudeness wrote:500 Days of Summer - Saw this with the wench, and I gotta say I thought it was pretty good. Levitt is a hell of an actor and I thought the movie had a lot of unique elements and got better as it went on. 8/10
Saw this one yesterday. Not bad but not great. Levitt did a good job but damn he's a skinny man. 7.5/10
You should always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

deathcurse wrote:
silent_eyes wrote:Eastern promises: 6/10 - Saw WAAAAAAAY too much of a naked Vigo Mortensen, but otherwise... it was a good movie.
6/10???

Oh man.
Excellent flick.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Iron Duck
Headlining Clubs

Post by Iron Duck »

Misery - 6/10

Pretty good. James Caan's performance was a bit understated, but Stoner won an Oscar for hers. Shot like a classic horror flick. Very effective.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

The Informant - 6.8/10. The second half was better than the first, after it all starts to fall apart. The line "Guys in suits buying girls' used panties. How is that okay? It's not okay," made me giggle a little. A lot of the voice over stuff was actually more entertaining than the rest of the movie.
Mikky_Five
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Mikky_Five »

^how was Joel McHale?
silent_eyes wrote:Mystic River: 7.5/10 - Been meaning to watch this for a long time and finally got around to it. Great story and it actually made me like Sean Penn for a change.

This was as good as I'd expected, but not better. 4/5
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Mikky_Five wrote:^how was Joel McHale?
He was good. Didn't have a huge part, but he was decent.
Hurls34
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Hurls34 »

I managed to see a matinee doublefeature on Friday.

Pandorum: 1/5 stars
I really had high hopes for this one and it let me down.
Story was very confusing and really seemed like a Dawn of the Dead in space, which just bored me. I was hoping for something more in the vein of Alien, and didn't get it. I hadn't been this let down since friggin' The Happening, and I did exactly what I did after I saw that mess - which was walk right into another movie, which leads me too....

Surrogates: 2.5/5
Unless you're talking Hudson Hawk you can't really go wrong with a Bruce Willis flick and this one was pretty good. It kept up my interest and I was entertained.

So far this year the best movie I've seen has been a toss-up between District 9 and Inglorious Bastards.

The worst movie I've seen this year has been Halloween 2.
Yorgi: Now that buisness is finished, We party. Kolya!!!

Kolya: Bitches, come!!!!
Calexxia
Cockblocked by Poison
Location: HERE I AM MOTHERFUCKER, JUST CLEANING UP MY MOTHERFUCKING BRICKS, BITCH.

Post by Calexxia »

Just got back from WHIP IT.

Admittedly, I'm a sucker for all the cliches of teenage girl empowerment movies and "Awwww" family moments, not to mention roller derby, but not only did this movie kinda SHOW why roller derby rules, but it did all the cliches really fuckin' well.

I'd give it an 8 out of 10.
"Why leather woman post whore picture of breast!! That is for baby food and husband not internets!!"
Calexxia
Cockblocked by Poison
Location: HERE I AM MOTHERFUCKER, JUST CLEANING UP MY MOTHERFUCKING BRICKS, BITCH.

Post by Calexxia »

Hurls34 wrote: The worst movie I've seen this year has been Halloween 2.
Agreeance. The only redeeming factors in it were the ruination of "Nights in White Satin" and the three minutes of Captain Clegg!
"Why leather woman post whore picture of breast!! That is for baby food and husband not internets!!"
Kerry King's Pentagram
Asskicker in Training

Fata Morgana - 7/10. Finally got round to watching the Werner Herzog box set that's been sitting on my DVD shelf unopened for the past year (I watched all the Herzog/Kinski films last year). It captures mirages in the Sahara and also features the inhabitants of the area but it is not arranged in the form of straightforward documentary. It's just....there. Pretty trippy stuff. I liked the scenes with the turtle and monitor lizard for their sheer bizarreness. Probably won't end up being my favourite Herzog film but certainly more interesting than most films I've seen.

"Hey Butt-Head. What did people do before TV?" "Don't be stupid, Beavis. There's always been TV. There's just more channels now." "Oh yeah, progress is cool!"
genedemon69
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by genedemon69 »

Talk about enduring two piece of shit movies in a row!

Jennifer's Body.....0/5. The lesbian kiss did nothing to save this total shit-fest.

Burn After Reading.....1/5 One for the Pitt gunshot scene. This was fucking difficult to sit through.
You've got your pride, you've got your dignity...You'll swallow everything when you're with me.
Iron Duck
Headlining Clubs

Post by Iron Duck »

genedemon69 wrote:Talk about enduring two piece of shit movies in a row!

Jennifer's Body.....0/5. The lesbian kiss did nothing to save this total shit-fest.

Burn After Reading.....1/5 One for the Pitt gunshot scene. This was fucking difficult to sit through.
If you're rating Burn After Reading at 1, I'm expecting Jennifer's Body to be the greatest movie in the world.
NunoFreak
Population 1

Post by NunoFreak »

"Bruno" - I had high hopes for this fake documentary, but damn was it unfunny and just lame. Sure, it had a few funny moments (the part with the hunters) but overall it sucked. "Borat" was laugh-out-loud funny and blows "Bruno" (heh) away.
Bunny Heat
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Bunny Heat »

Bridget wrote:Tropic Thunder - Watched it again last night for the first time since it came out last summer. Robert Downey Jr. was great in this film. 8.5/10.
One of the few movies in recent memory that have made me laugh out loud. Loved it!
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Bunny Heat wrote:
Bridget wrote:Tropic Thunder - Watched it again last night for the first time since it came out last summer. Robert Downey Jr. was great in this film. 8.5/10.
One of the few movies in recent memory that have made me laugh out loud. Loved it!
I love all of the crap that Robert Downey Jr. says, like "...I was a saucier in San Antone..." I'm a sucker for stuff like that.
Kerry King's Pentagram
Asskicker in Training

IDIAMINDADA wrote:
Kerry King's Pentagram wrote:Fata Morgana - 7/10. Finally got round to watching the Werner Herzog box set that's been sitting on my DVD shelf unopened for the past year (I watched all the Herzog/Kinski films last year). It captures mirages in the Sahara and also features the inhabitants of the area but it is not arranged in the form of straightforward documentary. It's just....there. Pretty trippy stuff. I liked the scenes with the turtle and monitor lizard for their sheer bizarreness. Probably won't end up being my favourite Herzog film but certainly more interesting than most films I've seen.
Is this the film that opens with literally ten minutes of planes landing at an airport???

I love pretentious film making...and even I started to check out watching this movie.
Yeah, that's the film. That bit did start to get old after about 3 minutes.

Supersonic
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Supersonic »

Finally got to see the following these past few days:

The Hangover: Didn't know much about the movie nor did I expect much. Very good comedy which was actually funny most of the way through. Surprised me a lot and plenty of memorable quotes too. THe tiger fucking and the Chinese gang leader were a crack up. Will definitely watch again.

Inglourious Basterds: Basically the Christoph Waltz/Col Landa show. His character was brilliant right the way through but the rest of the movie could have been so much better. Neither my wife nor I had any real connection with any of the other characters. Brad Pitt's team could have been much better developed. 2+ hours is way too long for my ass to sit in a movie theatre.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

Book of Blood - 4/10

Why this story was chosen out of all the others in Books of Blood, I don't know. I do know there's a "Dread" movie coming out, which is supposed to be brutal. There was nothing terribly hateable about this movie, it was just kinda boring.
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

deathcurse wrote:Book of Blood - 4/10

Why this story was chosen out of all the others in Books of Blood, I don't know. I do know there's a "Dread" movie coming out, which is supposed to be brutal. There was nothing terribly hateable about this movie, it was just kinda boring.
I agree that it was kinda boring. The ending was pretty cool though.