Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by UtahRatt »

Crank 2 High Voltage - 9/10 - This movie is a radioactive orgasm. It has enough tits, action and stupidity to give any adrenalin junky monster cock.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Pandora
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by Pandora »

2012 - 7/10. I enjoyed it, but then I'm a sucker for disaster movies. The special effects were really good. They did go alittle overboard with some of it. It was almost 3 hours long though. Woody Harellson (sp?) was great.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

the ugly truth- 8/10: thought i'd hate it, laughed my ass off, not original by any stretch, but funny.

inglorious basterds- 4/10: could've been great, but just...wasent very good, the 20 minutes out of 2 1/2 hours where they shoe the nazi hunters doing their thing were the hilghlights, the rest? boring as fuck.

funny people-2/10 :dreadful.
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

the haunting in connecticut 3/10. It sucked awful and boring
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

Paris, Texas- 6/10. Holy shit, did the script ever suck ass at times. Overall, I kinda liked it. Nice-looking film.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Pride and Prejudice - 7.9/10. It's pretty faithful to the book, but doesn't really ever get above pleasant. No major complaints, though.
ME262
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by ME262 »

The Taking Of Pelham 123 2009 - 7/10 Not the best performance from either Travolta or Denzel, but a passable movie with some nice camera work.

Swordfish - 8.5/10 Great action, shit blowing up all over the place, lots of guns & Halle Berry looking hotter than ever. For whatever reason, though, people have a funky orange skin tone in a lot of scenes.

Bullitt - 6/10 Besides the car chase, not a whole lot to get excited about here. If Jacqueline Bisset would have gotten naked, this could have been an 8/10. Damn, she was hawt.

The 40 Year Old Virgin - 9/10 This is probably the 5th time seeing this & it's still hysterical.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Bongwater 6/10

It's an alright indie-flick set in Portland Oregon. It's about this slacker weed dealer, and things happen to him. I've seen it twice and haven't really paid attention. Brittnay Murphy is in it, and I find myself strangely attracted to her. So there's that.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I'm watching 'Natural Born Killers' right now. Fucking 10/10. I had forgotten how awesome the cinematography is in this movie.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Blood: The Last Vampire - 3/10 - I really wanted to like this movie, the story line was good, the actors were fair but they went cheese dick on the demon graphics and it totally fucked everything up. Couple good fight scenes and that's it, would like to see it redone in a KILL BILL style.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Mikky_Five
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Mikky_Five »

Zach Galifianakis is my dad.

He's younger than me... but still ....

he's my dad.
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

King Of The Ants - pretty cool for an unknown flick. Torture and revenge. Plus Kari Wuhrer gets nude. 7/10
Hurls34
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Hurls34 »

Just saw - The Box: 1/5 stars: I wish I didn't push the button that paid for my ticket.
Yorgi: Now that buisness is finished, We party. Kolya!!!

Kolya: Bitches, come!!!!
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

10 Questions for the Dalai Lama
Basically made me feel like a piece of shit materialistic Westerner with no soul. Not that that was the intention of the film, but that's how I always feel when confronted with someone as genuinely GOOD as His Holiness obviously is. In addition to that, the movie is visually just gorgeous. Especially the footage of India. I also liked getting a more complete history on the whole Tibet/China fiasco. It's pretty disgusting and frustrating though. Anyway, good documentary.

Don't Look Back
Saw this awhile back and thought it was just totally boring. Since I have been totally obsessed with Bob Dylan lately, I rewatched it. This time I had more background on the film, from reading biographies and all that. Okay, so now I like it more because I knew exactly what was going on and when, who he was on the outs with and what was going on in his life and career at that moment in time. Good movie if you are a Dylan fan, but if you are not really into him, avoid it. I mean, you probably would anyway, but who knows?

Orphan
Good movie. I thought it would be more of a blood and guts kind of horror movie, but it really was more of a thriller type of thing. It had a good twist that I didn't see coming. Kind of unrealistic, but you have to suspend disbelief when you watch certain movies and that's just life. For some reason, this movie reminded me of The Hand that Rocks the Cradle. Maybe it was the scene where the girl beats the shit out of the bathroom stall.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
Bebe
Saving Up For a Guitar

Post by Bebe »

The Bridge- Documentary about the suicides that occur on The Golden Gate Bridge featuring interviews with the family and friends and actual footage of people jumping. Honestly, I have no clue how to feel about it. Part of me feels like it was really fucked up and exploitative and part of me thinks it was really moving and informative.
"If you go home with someone and they don't have books, don't fuck 'em!" -John Waters
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Law Abiding Citizen. Brilliant. Too many wtf moments that completely made sense once they revealed the reasons.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

Memento - 9/10

Saw it for the first time last night. Don't know what the hell took me so long
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

gi joe- 0.5/10 laughably bad
management-7/10 decent chick flick, aniston's hot as hell in this one.
the thaw-3/10- wtf happened to val kilmer? every movie he does these days is straight to dvd, and bad.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

Fletch wrote:King Of The Ants - pretty cool for an unknown flick. Torture and revenge. Plus Kari Wuhrer gets nude. 7/10
I thought that movie was fucking BRUTAL. Dude gets the shit beat of him.
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

Echo - Had never heard of this until the video store at work got it in last week. It was from the producers of The Ring and The Grudge so you pretty much know what you're getting. Seen better and I've definitely seen worse.

Bruno - Watched this last night since On Demand had it up at midnight. Not nearly as funny as Borat but still had some good parts. Especially when he was with the rednecks in the woods and at the cage fights at the end.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

the hurt locker - 10/10. Best war movie i've seen in years, lots of tense moments, good acting, should be a star making role for jeremy renner. hope it's not forgotten come oscar time.
SLASH1976

Post by SLASH1976 »

Inglorious Basterds - 8/10
SAVE THE EARTH IT'S THE ONLY PLANET WITH BEER

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him into your
(")_(") sig to help him gain world domination

theglammerthebetter

Doubt 7/10, wanted to bitchslap the merryl streep character

2012 7.5/10 great popcorn movie, cusack has to be luckiest man on earth

My bloody valentine, 4/10 just awful and by the numbers

Dreamer(had seen it before) but im a sucker for movies with animals + i love horse racing so 8/10.

Obsessed, Ali larter was fucking hot in that one, poor guy had to take all the heat and didnt even get to tap that ass. 7/10
YYC
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by YYC »

The Kite Runner--3/10 As good as the book was, the movie was incredibly dull.

Drag Me to Hell--7/10 Fun. The kind of horror movie I'd expect from Raimi.

Observe and Report--8/10 Fucking hilarious and darkly twisted. I don't like Seth Rogen, but he was great in this one.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Schindler's List- Come on, it's a 10.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

Breakfast At Tiffany's - 4. Too long, boring and pointless for me.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Dead Snow- 7.5 outta 10. Black comedy, horror about Nazi zombies = awesome.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

The Hangover 8/10

I just watched this. I thought it was pretty funny in a lot of places. The previews tell you everything you need to know about the movie.
theglammerthebetter

Fired up! 2 high school jocks ditch football camp to attend cheerleader camp.

Funny stuff but the lack of tits and ass in a movie like this, its just wrong 6/10
drops_of_jupiter
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by drops_of_jupiter »

killeverything wrote:The Hangover 8/10

I just watched this. I thought it was pretty funny in a lot of places. The previews tell you everything you need to know about the movie.
You'd think so, right? And you'd think you'd be able to get the general gist of it just from looking at the poster. The night before it came out we had a staff screening of it (I work in a movie theatre) and, about 15mins into it, this guy who's slightly above me goes to walk out of it, saying it's nothing like what he expected. Why? He thought, because of the name of it, it was going to be some type of thriller....with everything taking part on a cliff/cliff face...the 'hangover' bit. What the fuck? Full retard.

My little bro' and his friends wanted to watch 'New Moon' so I had to tag along as well (this was at another staff screening, the night before it came out). I give it 6/10. I haven't watched the first film or read the books, but I really don't see what all the fuss was about. The main character, Kristen, falls for wolfboy (who's very presence in the film is the reason why I gave it 6/10 rather than 5/10) while still 'in love' with the vampire dude. Basically, the whole love traingle isn't convincing at all - she's all loved up with the vampire, he leaves her then - in a matter of months - she's gone off with wolfie. Towards the end, even when vampire guy returns, there's a showdown between the wolf and the vampire..she stops it and tells the wolfboy that she loves him, but it's always been Mr. Bloodsucker....she says all that while the vampire's right there! How rude!
The acting's just terrible. Though, Taylor Lautner (wolfboy) is nice to look at - only with long hair though. Apparantly, he's 17. That's legal over here.