Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by UtahRatt »

Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus - 5/10 - Slightly interesting story line but it's really not a good film.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Took the family for my daughters birthday and we all liked it. Total popcorn movie but Cage looked like he was having fun (instead of the "important actor making shit movies" thing he's been fronting for a while). The teenage dude was good as well. Some funnies and and some good cgi.
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Triple feature on tv last night

Astro boy, the japanese cartoon style of my youth but still that wasnt enough to make it good 4/10

Did you hear about the Morgans? I loved it. Hugh Grant was hilarious as always. 8/10

Moon, Sam rockwell was great, good story, awful special fx, terrible ending 6/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
YYC
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by YYC »

The Book of Eli--6/10 I seem to be on a streak of watching movies that are visually interesting, yet have nothing going in the story department. Denzel as a bad-ass always gets some bonus points, but this movie went nowhere.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

theglammerthebetter wrote: Did you hear about the Morgans? I loved it. Hugh Grant was hilarious as always. 8/10

Moon, Sam rockwell was great, good story, awful special fx, terrible ending 6/10
I think there's something wrong with you.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

Did you hear about Did You Hear About The Morgans?

I heard it was good.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

drops_of_jupiter wrote:'When You're Strange'
Very good documentary, not just for Doors devotees; it's easy to follow and charts the band from the very beginning 'til The End. The footage they've managed to get is what makes it - at certain bits, I seriously thought they'd got a Jim Morrison double in to act out some scenes (if you see it, it's the bit where he's in the desert and drives around in his Mustang-you'll know what I mean) - turns out they hadn't. Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger were there answering questions-turns out they intended the footage that was being shot at the time to be used,eventually, into a documentary-which explains quite a bit.
Oh, and Ray recommended that everyone should take LSD.
Anyway, the actual film:8/10 With the Q&A session after: 10/10.
Yeah, I watched this recently. I would not recommend this to Doors devotees. I went through a weird sort of thing where I watched every documentary, read every book and got really into the Doors albums, years ago. I've definitely outgrown the Jim Morrison fascination, but wanted to check this movie.

It's a total rehash of the exact same footage in every other Doors documentary out there. The only unseen footage is the weird desert driving around scenes, which are pointless and annoying. NO interviews or anything and Johnny Depp sucked at narrating IMO. Just a waste of time.

Even if you have never watched a Doors documentary or read a book about them, I'd avoid this movie because it offers no interviews, nothing really compelling or interesting, it's just a big waste of time. It is impossible to milk this Morrison cash cow any further, and I wish the remaining Doors would just stop it.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

Crazy Heart:

Finally got around to watching this piece of crap. Totally reminded me of The Wrestler, but not good. Maybe it's just that I do not like Jeff Bridges.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Night of the Living Dead - I'm pretty new to horror as a genre, so I'm not sure how to rate it, but I can say I really enjoyed it.
theglammerthebetter

Surrogates,pretty average movie with another awful bruce willis performance 6/10

Weather girl , small movie probably made for tv wanted to watch it cause it featured a few actors from two and a half men , wasnt bad 7/10

Journey to the center of the earth, i know it was a kids movie but damn that was bad 4/10

Sticky Fingers movie about a gang of small time thieves always trying to con one another,8/10
Last edited by theglammerthebetter on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minus10
Saving Up For a Guitar

Post by Minus10 »

How to Train Your Dragon - 10/10 Fantastic, even for a kid flick. Enough adult humour to keep it engaging for those over 10, and excellent animation. Everything is funnier with a Scottish accent.
theglammerthebetter

The snow walker i never get sick of that movie and watch it everytime its on tv 8/10

The invention of lying, started out great, loved all the cameos(had no idea about them) but it really started to drag mid point and towards the end 6.5/10
WTF

Post by WTF »

Hot Tub Time Machine - I give it a 7/10 just for this part: "It's like Gary Coleman's fucking forearm. It's so black, so impossibly black. Oh God, I love you buddy."
SelfMadeJesus
Recording Debut Album

Post by SelfMadeJesus »

Date Night--7/10--Went and saw it at the dollar movie place to kill sometime yesterday. Really didn't go into this with very high expectations and perhaps even slight trepidation at it turning out to a case of 'Baby's Mama', the potential to be funny yet sucking like Roxxtard at the bottom of a pile of dicks. I was glad that it wasn't total crap. Weakest link in the chain was the fact it had both Mark Wahlberg and Ray Liotta, thankfully their parts weren't too big. James Franco and Mila Kunis, alongside Fey and Carrell's reactions to them were the high point for me. :lol:

"He turned his gun sideways! That's the Killshot!" :lol:
Purely corrupted, expansively shunted, not mysgonistic, so shut up ya cunt pig.
toofastforlove69
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by toofastforlove69 »

Inception
9/10

I thought it was really interesting and the fact that it's almost two and a half hours and never felt like it was dragging along at any point is pretty new to me. Usually I get bored at some point in long movies, but there wasn't a second that I felt bored watching Inception.
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

Watched two this week...

Twilight
4/10
A friend gave Mrs. SB the books to read, so she wanted to see the movies. I am definitely not the target market for this, so my rating is probably unfair. But way, way too much teen angst for me. I can see why young girls are losing their minds over it... at one point I said, "is this where the entire audience starts soaking their panties?" And Mrs. SB told me I was likely correct.

The Dark Knight
9/10
Much better choice. And a better film than Batman Begins, which was pretty good itself. One hell of a well-structured story, Nolan knows how to ramp up the intensity when necessary. I'm a big Gary Oldman fan, and his Gordon is as close to the comics as we'll ever see on screen. What more can I say about Heath Ledger that hasn't already been said... a defining presentation of the Joker. I still dig the Nicholson version, it's like having two different comic writers' takes on the character. Very glad I finally got around to watching this.

Oh, and Mrs. SB agreed TDK was a much better movie than Twilight. Thank goodness I didn't marry an eternally teenage girl.
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
theglammerthebetter

Inception, Technically it was great, very good performances by the actors but the story was a complete clusterfuck, pretentious, confusing bullshit kinda like the Matrix.

20-25 people walked out and im still kicking myself for not doing the same, i wanted to see how it ended and my reward was a figure it out for yourself non ending. 3/10
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

theglammerthebetter wrote:Inception, Technically it was great, very good performances by the actors but the story was a complete clusterfuck, pretentious, confusing bullshit kinda like the Matrix.

20-25 people walked out and im still kicking myself for not doing the same, i wanted to see how it ended and my reward was a figure it out for yourself non ending. 3/10
I'm really happy to hear that this movie is so good. I'm dying to see it. Thanks for the review. I may just have to go see it this weekend now.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

saracapri wrote:
theglammerthebetter wrote:Inception, Technically it was great, very good performances by the actors but the story was a complete clusterfuck, pretentious, confusing bullshit kinda like the Matrix.

I'm really happy to hear that this movie is so good. I'm dying to see it. Thanks for the review. I may just have to go see it this weekend now.

Me too, coming from him, that's a positive review.
Mikky_Five
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Mikky_Five »

Deranged - 5.3/10

t's bad. But good.

Many tedious moments with some dialogue(ical) gems.

Would watch again with a substance on 3/4 abuse.
theglammerthebetter

Coco Before Chanel pretty good french biopic 7/10

Armored it was ok, always fun to see Matt dillon , it was damn short (80-85 minutes) 6/10
Last edited by theglammerthebetter on Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theglammerthebetter

Just back from watching SALT , Ill give it 7/10 they left the door more than wide open for a sequel
YYC
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by YYC »

Seraphim Falls--5/10 I like Westerns, and Liam Neeson, so I figured this one was a no-brainer. Boring as Hell. Neeson Chases Pierce Brosnan for the entire film. That's the entirety of the plot. Very disappointing.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Inception - 8/10. It's good. It's not nearly as complex as some people would have you believe, but it's engrossing enough.
Pretty Dead Boy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Pretty Dead Boy »

"Sutures".

perhaps the worst movie i've ever seen.

would have gotten a 0/10, but it made it to a 0.5/10 for the line "I drink like waylon jennings". one of the worst movies of ALL TIME. Booze and/or drugs doesnt make this good.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Inception 6/10

High concept nonsense for the most part, filling out a bunch of big ideas. Entire sequences (the snow and the hotel) come to mind that were really just filler.

Good ending though and it was fun. Too long though and too much nonsense. It's just like a dream - you really don't remember how you got there.

Dreamscape was better.
SelfMadeJesus
Recording Debut Album

Post by SelfMadeJesus »

The Last Airbender--7/10--My friend wanted to see it and was buying the tickets so i reluctantly went into it. It wasn't nearly as shitty as i feared and i actually did enjoy the fights in it. Dug the fx, action, and even a bit of the performances. It does drag a bit though but can't really bitch too awful much seeing as to how it is the first of the series and traditionally those suffer from having to introduce so much info to be built upon later.
I was even able to look past it being an M.Night film.
Purely corrupted, expansively shunted, not mysgonistic, so shut up ya cunt pig.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Question for anyone that knows about the filmaking process. Transformers 3 is FUCKING up downtown Chicago for days a time. Do the studios have to pay all the stores that are taking the hit for their stores being unaccessable and losing all that revenue?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Inception 4/10
Too long. Cool concept and great effects saved this movie. The script is horrible as is the editing. Some Movie studio execs should've stepped in and demanded a re-cut and a re-write of the script.

It's obvious Nolas was allowed to do it his way ie too long and unfocused.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

Today was a movie day for me...

The Crazies: 6.5/10
The movie didn't waste time getting right into it. A no-brainer of a movie but fun nonetheless.

Daybreakers: 7/10
Cool vampire movie. I like that it wasn't the same formula you would expect from the horror genre.