Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by deathcurse »

Worse than Carlos Mencia?
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

FUCK. I have to see this.

I went to the midnight showing of Piranha last night because my podunk town finally got it. I think I'm going to Machete next week between classes.

I wish Lohan had the sense to get naked back when she had BATs.
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Defendor (2009) Starring Woody Harrelson (who gives one hell of a performance) and Kat dennings.

Its about a "slow" guy who portrays a super hero. Its dark, very low budget
8/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

From Paris With Love: 7/10

Skipped this for ages as the title had me thinking romantic comedy.
Then almost passed on it again as I despise John Travolta.
But this turned out to be a nice, old-school shoot-em-up action film.
No political crap or social commentary at all. Just mindless entertainment.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

IDIAMINDADA wrote:Machete...pretty much all the good stuff is in the commercial, and Steven Seagal is the worst fucking Mexican ever.

2.5/5
This makes me sad. I've been looking forward to this movie.
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

Bridget wrote:
IDIAMINDADA wrote:Machete...pretty much all the good stuff is in the commercial, and Steven Seagal is the worst fucking Mexican ever.

2.5/5
This makes me sad. I've been looking forward to this movie.
As I've become a big fan of Robert Rodriguez, I was looking forward to this too, until I read a review in the paper describing the plot as pissed off Latinos taking on a "corrupt, anti-immigration congressman." To those who've seen it, how accurate is that description?
theglammerthebetter

Up in the Air (2009) With all the hype i had great expectations and it delivered,the 1st hour(12/10) was AMAZING but the second hour(6/10) really sucked the life out of it for me final grade 8/10.

Clooney's job was my dream job when i was younger not the firing people part but the travelling all the time, living in hotels, so the movie really spoke to me.
SLASH1976
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by SLASH1976 »

Robin Hood, 2010 version
7.5 / 10 Liked it. Crow and Scott always make a pretty good combination.
Like the gritty and dark Robin version more then the Costner version.
The end shows a possible sequal is might be planned.
SAVE THE EARTH IT'S THE ONLY PLANET WITH BEER

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him into your
(")_(") sig to help him gain world domination

caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

IDIAMINDADA wrote:
caroline wrote:As I've become a big fan of Robert Rodriguez, I was looking forward to this too, until I read a review in the paper describing the plot as pissed off Latinos taking on a "corrupt, anti-immigration congressman." To those who've seen it, how accurate is that description?
That is exactly what it is about....
Well that's disappointing.
theglammerthebetter

D.E.B.S. 4/10 The only good thing about that movie are all the hot chicks in plaid skirts and the few jordana brewster lesbian kissing scenes

Love Happens 7/10 the studio sold it as a romanctic comedy but its not.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Watched Let The Right One In again. Damn, what a good movie.
8.5 out of 10.

Hope they don't screw up the remake too badly. Of course they'll have to dumb it down and spell everything out for the American audiences.

Edited to add: Just found out that for the US remake they removed some of the underlying themes that made this movie even better than it would have been as a straight horror film. Fuckers.
Last edited by John Simon Ritchie on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Felon - 8/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
violetbleu
Sister Honky Tonk

Post by violetbleu »

Get Low

I loved this movie. If it's playing in your area, I highly recommend seeing it.

Synopsis:

Inspired by the true story of Tennessee recluse Felix "Bush" Breazeale, who planned his funeral while he was still alive, director Aaron Schneider's dramatic period thriller stars Robert Duvall, Bill Murray, Sissy Spacek, and Lucas Black. Few folks have spoken with Felix Bush (Duvall) since he disappeared into the Tennessee woods 40 years ago, and the ones who have don't necessarily have the kindest things to say about him. Gruff, confrontational, and ill-tempered, Felix has been the source of many malicious rumors over the years. Some say he's a cold-hearted killer and his penchant for walking into town with a shotgun, a wild beard, and threadbare clothes doesn't exactly give the impression of a man who seeks to make friends. When Bush walks into Frank Quinn's (Murray) funeral parlor and announces his intentions to throw himself a massive party before he passes away, word quickly spreads through town and anticipation starts to run high. Before long the big day has finally arrived, and Frank surprises everyone by revealing exactly why he shunned society to lead a life of solitude in the deep woods.

Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y17Me8uL6mA
theglammerthebetter

Without a paddle hadnt seen it since it was in theatres 5-6 years ago 7/10

I killed my mother 6/10
stevo
Headlining Clubs

Post by stevo »

Saw Machete last night....5 stars...absolutely perfect

loved every second of it
HMZ said:
KISS Sonic Boom. Even Van Halen III is better than A Different Kind of Truth. :lol:
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

violetbleu wrote:Get Low

Synopsis:

Inspired by the true story of Tennessee recluse Felix "Bush" Breazeale, who planned his funeral while he was still alive, director Aaron Schneider's dramatic period thriller stars Robert Duvall, Bill Murray, Sissy Spacek, and Lucas Black. Few folks have spoken with Felix Bush (Duvall) since he disappeared into the Tennessee woods 40 years ago, and the ones who have don't necessarily have the kindest things to say about him. Gruff, confrontational, and ill-tempered, Felix has been the source of many malicious rumors over the years. Some say he's a cold-hearted killer and his penchant for walking into town with a shotgun, a wild beard, and threadbare clothes doesn't exactly give the impression of a man who seeks to make friends. When Bush walks into Frank Quinn's (Murray) funeral parlor and announces his intentions to throw himself a massive party before he passes away, word quickly spreads through town and anticipation starts to run high. Before long the big day has finally arrived, and Frank surprises everyone by revealing exactly why he shunned society to lead a life of solitude in the deep woods.

Looks really good. Gonna have to check it out.
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

The Burrowers. 0/10.

Fucking big steaming shit sandwich. What a fucking waste of everything that went into it, and every person's time who actually watched it.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

theglammerthebetter wrote:Up in the Air (2009) With all the hype i had great expectations and it delivered,the 1st hour(12/10) was AMAZING but the second hour(6/10) really sucked the life out of it for me final grade 8/10.

Clooney's job was my dream job when i was younger not the firing people part but the travelling all the time, living in hotels, so the movie really spoke to me.
Have scientists created a scale to measure the homosexuality of your sludge presence? Because you're pegging out right here.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

The Other Guys - 2.5/5

It's okay. Laughed my balls off when the Rock told Sam Jackson to aim for the bushes.

Other than that, it was just okay. Ann Heche's legs are nice. Bonus point for her going lesbo for a while.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
melvinthemopboy
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by melvinthemopboy »

Couples Retreat...What a steaming pile of shit!
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Re-watching "The Godfather"; of course it's awesome but Diane Keaton isn't lighting any fires with her acting.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

American Boy: A Profile of Steven Prince- 6/10. Scorsese doc from '78 about a buddy of his (who played the gun salesman in Taxi Driver). Interesting to hear the stories he told (true or false), including one that Tarantino borrowed for Pulp Fiction. Prince excitedly talking about how bland his mother's food is made me laugh. Not much to this, though.
Last edited by MurrayFiend on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

Dude (Murray) I heard you weren't posting here anymore. It's good to see you here, Fiend.

On subject, I watched I Love You Man on TV today. It was OK.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Thanks for replying to my post. Helped me notice a typo.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

The Exorcist - 9/10

I saw this movie for the first time as a little kid in the early '80's. Scared the fucking bejesus out of me. I had nightmares for months. Thanks Dad! Asshole. Great idea; let your 6 or 7 year old son watch arguably the most scary movie ever made. Dick! :evil:

I've seen it a handful of times as an adult and it has definitely lost some of its fright factor, but still a masterpiece of a scary movie. Oddly enough, I understood the movie much better this time around. There's still some unanswered questions though. Like, I still don't understand how or why Regan became possessed by this demon. How did she get picked? And what exactly was the significance of Fr. Merrin finding the little idol in the Iraq dig site? Why did possessed Regan react violently to what she (or the demon) thought was holy water but was really only tap water?

I own the DVD and will surely watch the movie again, so it will probably be clearer with each viewing.

Oh well, here's some imagery to help you get a good night's sleep tonight:

Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

^^^ I too would like to know about those things from the Exorcist. Great movie
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Kick ass - 9

Awesome film.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

Royal Dudeness wrote:^^^ I too would like to know about those things from the Exorcist. Great movie
I just re-watched it with the Director's commentary. Man, there is so much going on in that movie that you have no idea. I have an even deeper appreciation for it now, after listening to the commentary.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

The Empire Strikes Back - I'm told it's the best of the three. I don't know. I guess it was good.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

violetbleu wrote:Get Low

Synopsis:

It's playing here in Ottawa sometime this month at a theatre I dig, so yeah, I'm probably gonna have a look at that one.