A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Once i start a movie i ALWAYS make it a point to finish it even if its sucks
well last night that plan was tested :lol:

Gamer 1/10 What an awful piece of shit the only point was for Amber Valetta and the way she dressed :lol:
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
Out Of The Cellar
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Out Of The Cellar »

A Serbian Film - 10

Broootal and funny. The family reunion scene is kinda fucked though.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

IDIAMINDADA wrote:Graphic Sexual Horror...I really can't rate it.

The movie brought back so many awful memories of dealing with the horrible people that infest that whole scene....I started working on a bondage site in 1997, and dealt with so many just damaged, gross, deranged people....and this movie hit me like a fucking Nam flashback...there was NEVER a fun time....nothing like knowing a chick is only letting you do weird stuff to them cause they need money for drugs.

Blah, my soul needs a shower and an enema.
I was surprisingly underwhelmed by a lot of that movie. I thought I would be totally shocked but there wasn't anything all that shocking about it. I'm not into S&M but it didn't seem all that extreme.

The only part that bothered me was when he slapped the Asian girl and she started crying.
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Was Organic in it?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
theglammerthebetter

Hachi:a dog's tale 9/10 the biggest tearjearker i have seen in years, do not watch it if you are a cryer or a dog lover.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

theglammerthebetter wrote:Hachi:a dog's tale 9/10 the biggest tearjearker i have seen in years, do not watch it if you are a cryer or a dog lover.
STOP GAYING UP THE MOVIE THREAD!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Pixar's Up 5 / 10 - Overrated. Definitely not better than Fiding Nemo and Wall-E. Not one of the better animated movies in recent years.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
theglammerthebetter

The Fourth kind with Milla Jovovich, the opening of the movie took me by surprise, i dont ever recall watching an actress out of character introducing a movie like that. 6/10

Nine: how can you make a movie with such a great cast (daniel day lewis, kidman, Cruz, Hudson, sophia lauren,judi dench ) and yet it was a complete mess 4/10
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Six Pack - 6/10. This is a much higher rating than anyone should give this movie, but it has a kickass song which is played twice, a lot of Loretta Lynn in the soundtrack, and kids swearing like sailors, which adds up to a six.
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

Evil Dead wrote:Last Exorcism - 2/5. It starts off really good with the phony exorcist guy and then the scenes with the possessed chick are good. However the ending is...well, kind of lowered it from a 3 to a 2. I don't know how to explain it but it made sense but yet it didn't make any sense at all which kind of ruined it for me.
The more I thought about this flick after I saw it, the more it really didn't make sense. It really was not well written at all. I originally gave it a 6/10 but I think I'd lower my score now to maybe a 4/10. It's inconclusive and the motives of the actors are completely unclear.
Mikky_Five
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Mikky_Five »

Bridget wrote:Six Pack - 6/10. This is a much higher rating than anyone should give this movie, but it has a kickass song which is played twice, a lot of Loretta Lynn in the soundtrack, and kids swearing like sailors, which adds up to a six.

Yes. Terrible movie. Yet great. Solid 6.

KENNY ROGERS!
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Mikky_Five wrote:
Bridget wrote:Six Pack - 6/10. This is a much higher rating than anyone should give this movie, but it has a kickass song which is played twice, a lot of Loretta Lynn in the soundtrack, and kids swearing like sailors, which adds up to a six.

Yes. Terrible movie. Yet great. Solid 6.

KENNY ROGERS!
I feel validated! I was worried that my rating was too high, but I still feel like it's a 6. Two points for the song, two for the soundtrack, and two for the swearing. It's got everything!
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Machete - 6.7/10. It starts off strong, but is bogged down by seriously un-fun non-violence. More violence = better movie. Also, Jessica Alba may be gorgeous and have a killer body, but she should not be allowed to speak in movies.
quiksand_tumbleweed
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by quiksand_tumbleweed »

IDIAMINDADA wrote:
theglammerthebetter wrote:Hachi:a dog's tale 9/10 the biggest tearjearker i have seen in years, do not watch it if you are a cryer or a dog lover.
So it's not for Moji or Slicer?

Fuck you.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

quiksand_tumbleweed wrote:
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

Fuck you.
Hey, man, I was just reading your performance on the picture thread a couple of days back. You're still posting so I guess it wasn't as bad as it looked. :lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
quiksand_tumbleweed
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by quiksand_tumbleweed »

MurrayFiend wrote:
quiksand_tumbleweed wrote:
IDIAMINDADA wrote: So it's not for Moji or Slicer?

Fuck you.
Hey, man, I was just reading your performance on the picture thread a couple of days back. You're still posting so I guess it wasn't as bad as it looked. :lol:
It was bad. I deserved some of it. Some of it was FUCKED UP. There were some fucked up Photoshops, but it is what it is. This is Sludge. If HUNGWELL can still post here after all his shit, then anyone can.
puzzleface
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by puzzleface »

Cube 2: Hypercube - 2/5

Pretty easy to see where the Saw people got their inspiration for their second movie.
theglammerthebetter

A serious man, Another Coen brother mess 5/10

Couples retreat pretty funny 7/10
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

theglammerthebetter wrote:A serious man, Another Coen brother mess 5/10

Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

BozoMcMetal wrote:
What does this response mean?
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Evil Dead wrote:
Bridget wrote:Machete - 6.7/10. It starts off strong, but is bogged down by seriously un-fun non-violence. More violence = better movie. Also, Jessica Alba may be gorgeous and have a killer body, but she should not be allowed to speak in movies.
I thought Michelle Rodriguez was better looking by the end of the movie for the simple fact that her acting didn't annoy me.
She can't help but annoy me every time she opens her mouth. And it seemed like she was smirking though nearly every scene in Machete.

Also, I realize Jessica Alba doesn't get hired for her acting skills, but someone should have worked with her on pronouncing "Machete" the same way each time she said it.
Trist805
I LOVE BIG BLACK COCK

Post by Trist805 »

MurrayFiend wrote:
violetbleu wrote:Get Low

I loved this movie. If it's playing in your area, I highly recommend seeing it.

Synopsis:

Inspired by the true story of Tennessee recluse Felix "Bush" Breazeale, who planned his funeral while he was still alive, director Aaron Schneider's dramatic period thriller stars Robert Duvall, Bill Murray, Sissy Spacek, and Lucas Black. Few folks have spoken with Felix Bush (Duvall) since he disappeared into the Tennessee woods 40 years ago, and the ones who have don't necessarily have the kindest things to say about him. Gruff, confrontational, and ill-tempered, Felix has been the source of many malicious rumors over the years. Some say he's a cold-hearted killer and his penchant for walking into town with a shotgun, a wild beard, and threadbare clothes doesn't exactly give the impression of a man who seeks to make friends. When Bush walks into Frank Quinn's (Murray) funeral parlor and announces his intentions to throw himself a massive party before he passes away, word quickly spreads through town and anticipation starts to run high. Before long the big day has finally arrived, and Frank surprises everyone by revealing exactly why he shunned society to lead a life of solitude in the deep woods.

Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y17Me8uL6mA
It's playing here in Ottawa sometime this month at a theatre I dig, so yeah, I'm probably gonna have a look at that one.
I just got back from seeing this. I'd give it an 8.5/10. Bill Murray was very funny, and his character was great and very opportunistic. Robert Duvall was great as always, and was more dramatic, so it was an even balance.
Last edited by Trist805 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

BozoMcMetal wrote:
theglammerthebetter wrote:A serious man, Another Coen brother mess 5/10

:lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
acefrehleysbeer
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by acefrehleysbeer »

Kick-Ass.........5/5
Expendables.......4/5
Free the WM3
http://www.wm3.org

When I die I don't want no part of heaven
I would not do heavens work well
I pray the devil comes and takes me
To stand in the fiery furnaces of hell
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

Vice Squad (1982) - 6/10. Wings Hauser made for a pretty good brutal pimp in this one.
Hungwell
100 Million Hungwell Fans Can't Be Wrong

Post by Hungwell »

IDIAMINDADA wrote:
:lol: :lol:

quiksand_bumbleweed wrote:..er...fuck you?

Hungwell
100 Million Hungwell Fans Can't Be Wrong

Post by Hungwell »

quiksand_bumbleweed wrote:
MurrayFiend wrote:
It was bad. I deserved some of it. Some of it was FUCKED UP. There were some fucked up Photoshops, but it is what it is. This is Sludge. If Sir Hungwell can still post here after all his shit, then anyone can.
Nice deflection, King Derp.

I don't know how many batteries you're suckin' on a day to make you think that takin' a blind swipe at me, (who already said I have no bone to pick with you), while making certain that everyone knows your hilarious MeltDown was anything but an aberration was a good idea, but you seriously need to cut back.

Since you're not too quick on the uptake, I'll just consider your retarded jab a cry for help and try my best to lend you a hand.

You brought this on yourself. Every bit of it. It would have happened ages ago but for one simple reason.....you are literally immaterial to these boards. Until you started melting, no one could be bothered.

No one cares how many years someone has contributed nothing.

Now you're resentful that no one cried out,
"Leave Moji alone!!" like you actually believed that posting endless pictures of you with Jizzy or your wife should mean something to someone/anyone.

If you just stop bumping your own beatdown most will forget it ever happened.*

*Around the same time as Chernobyl breaks ground on some new Condos.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Higher Learning- 5/10.

A bit much. Sorta like an overly long after-school special. Certainly wouldn't recommend it over Boyz N The Hood, and Busta Rhymes has to be one of the very worst actors I've ever had the displeasure of watching. What the fuck kind of a performance was that?! It was OK for passing a couple hours, though; Michael Rapaport, Kristy Swanson, Omar Epps and Laurence Fishburne were all more than passable, and Ice Cube played a more conscious Doughboy, which despite his limited talent was fine with me. Just wish the story was a bit stronger and less obvious (Black Power types versus Neo-Nazis? Really?)... oh, and the soundtrack was nice. Didn't recognize that OutKast track.
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

MurrayFiend wrote:Higher Learning- 5/10.

A bit much. Sorta like an overly long after-school special. Certainly wouldn't recommend it over Boyz N The Hood, and Busta Rhymes has to be one of the very worst actors I've ever had the displeasure of watching. What the fuck kind of a performance was that?! It was OK for passing a couple hours, though; Michael Rapaport, Kristy Swanson, Omar Epps and Laurence Fishburne were all more than passable, and Ice Cube played a more conscious Doughboy, which despite his limited talent was fine with me. Just wish the story was a bit stronger and less obvious (Black Power types versus Neo-Nazis? Really?)... oh, and the soundtrack was nice. Didn't recognize that OutKast track.
Menace II Society was the best of that kind of mid-90's movie. I remember watching it and thinking that Laurenz (sp?) Tate fucking nailed that part. Man, I just wanted that fucker to die!
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Charlie Bartlett - 3/5

Rich high school kid is thrown out of his boarding school and hast to go public. He gives his classmates a bunch of prescription meds and becomes popular. It's interesting.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil