A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by makaveli »

MurrayFiend wrote:
Indy_Rob wrote:
MurrayFiend wrote:Higher Learning- 5/10.

A bit much. Sorta like an overly long after-school special. Certainly wouldn't recommend it over Boyz N The Hood, and Busta Rhymes has to be one of the very worst actors I've ever had the displeasure of watching. What the fuck kind of a performance was that?! It was OK for passing a couple hours, though; Michael Rapaport, Kristy Swanson, Omar Epps and Laurence Fishburne were all more than passable, and Ice Cube played a more conscious Doughboy, which despite his limited talent was fine with me. Just wish the story was a bit stronger and less obvious (Black Power types versus Neo-Nazis? Really?)... oh, and the soundtrack was nice. Didn't recognize that OutKast track.
Menace II Society was the best of that kind of mid-90's movie. I remember watching it and thinking that Laurenz (sp?) Tate fucking nailed that part. Man, I just wanted that fucker to die!
Yeah, it's between that and Boyz for me.
Boyz kind of wins by default because it was the first to really depict this hopeless violent South Central lifestyle. I feel like Menace is a better follow up to Boyz than anything else, even though it's not a singleton movie. O-dog is terrific as is the brutal violence in the film. As for Singleton, I kind of always had the feeling he was trying to make up for portraying South Central in such a negative light. He moved the violence to college in higher learning, a mostly forgettable film with the exception of Rappaport who is OUTSTANDING. Then he does Poetic Justice , which is just terrible. Janet Jackson can't act a lick and the poetry is just awful. Pac is terrific as usual (I know I have a tupac obsession but you have to admit he was an amazing actor. His performance in Juice and Above the Rim....wow. If PAC had lived I think he'd be one of the finest actorsmout there today), but the rest of the movie is horrid.

Did 2 people in this thread really say that Hot Tub Time Machine is better than The Hangover????? C'mon man......not even a contest.
ImageImage
rikirachtmanstheshit
MSX Tour Support Act
Location: Mick Mars' Adult Care Facility Feeding Him Apple Sauce

Post by rikirachtmanstheshit »

I just watched Fanboys and I give that shit a 10. Great fucking move that every Star Wars dork should watch. The casual fan won't get 1/2 of the jokes but it was great to see so much thought put into it. That and Kristen Bell looks fucking hot as a geek chick!

http://www.thegreatsouthernbrainfart.com
RPBitch wrote:The sponge doesn't protect against your dirty dick, Riki. Girl ain't crazy.
MitziDupree wrote:Would: ride the rikstick
Would not: ride the HMJ stick
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

the imaginarium of doctor parnassus

2/10 just a complete mess how can a movie with heath leadger, johhny depp, colin farrell jude law suck so much must be the verne troyer factor :lol:
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
Mikky_Five
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Mikky_Five »

Follow That Bird - If not for all the gayass songs, this would have been kind of a neat nostalgia trip. As it is, good performances by the cameos, not so much by the child actors. What was the criteria there? Show up? Anyway, the message of the movie: Birds, Black People and Prehistoric Elephants can live in harmony was well received and understood. Glad they didn't try to beat you over the head with it. Big Bird reminded me of Spongebob and The Count was reminiscent of Borat, but that's because I am young at heart and hip to new shows and characters. - 2.6/5

Jesus Is Magic - If not for all the gayass songs, this would have been kind of a neat, mildly amusing stand-up show. Bob Odenkirk was a highlight. An extreme highlight. Like, his few minutes like totally overshadowed the rest. I mean, I don't even remember much about Jesus. This should have been called Bob Odenkirk is Magic. Because he is. - 2.4/5
UltimateSin
Playing in a Garage

Post by UltimateSin »

The Horsemen with Dennis Quaid. 2 out of 5 stars. Pretty lame I'd skip it.
Refusing To Surrender To The World Elite.
theglammerthebetter

Dear John 7/10
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

The Thing - 8
Balls of Fury - 6 Plenty of Def Lep!
The Other Guys - 8
Step Brothers - 7
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

The Town - 7.5/10. Not bad. It would be nice to see the dude from The Hurt Locker in a less gritty role, but he's pretty good at it. Overall there's nothing surprising or new about the movie, but it's pretty well done.
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

Everybody's Fine - 4/5

Good flick for a "sort of" chick flick. It's kind of "Cat's in the Cradle"-esque in the story line. Deniro was awesome as usual. Strong supporting cast (Drew Barrymore, Kate Beckinsale, and Sam Rockwell). I put in my Netflix queue mostly for my girlfriend but I ended up enjoying it too. Oh, and if you have a strained relationship with your father, it can be a bit emotional.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

makaveli wrote:Boyz kind of wins by default because it was the first to really depict this hopeless violent South Central lifestyle. I feel like Menace is a better follow up to Boyz than anything else, even though it's not a singleton movie. O-dog is terrific as is the brutal violence in the film. As for Singleton, I kind of always had the feeling he was trying to make up for portraying South Central in such a negative light. He moved the violence to college in higher learning, a mostly forgettable film with the exception of Rappaport who is OUTSTANDING. Then he does Poetic Justice , which is just terrible. Janet Jackson can't act a lick and the poetry is just awful. Pac is terrific as usual (I know I have a tupac obsession but you have to admit he was an amazing actor. His performance in Juice and Above the Rim....wow. If PAC had lived I think he'd be one of the finest actorsmout there today), but the rest of the movie is horrid.
Interesting opinions here. I haven't seen Above The Rim or Poetic Justice, but you'll not get me to argue against 'Pac putting up a nice performance in Juice. 8)
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

Saw Hot Tub Time Machine again, and I give it 8/10.

Hilarious stuff. The first time I saw it, I had very low expectations and thought it was one of the most fun theater experiences I've ever had.

The black dude's phone call to his wife when she's a kid is one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen
theglammerthebetter

Teenage paparazzo by Adrien Grenier 6.5/10 that kid was a prick he'll end up in drugs or a car crash :lol:

Wall street money never sleeps, theres no way in hell that movie was gonna live up to my expectations, the first one is my all time favorite movie, its a good movie but nowhere near as good as the original, the opning 30 minutes especially are lacking from not enough Gekko, got goosebumps when he met with Bud Fox again, wished that scene was longer. 8/10
Last edited by theglammerthebetter on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Bolt - 8/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
BaGawker2.0
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by BaGawker2.0 »

resident evil 4/10 not as bad as i thought not great

buried 7.5/10 ryan reynolds was good. made you feel claustrophobic like hell.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Stones in Exile- 6/10. Would've been a 6.5 but they had a guy from Kings of Leon make a comment, so nuh-uh. It was cool, pretty nice visually and of course the music was amazing. The story's nothing you couldn't read elsewhere, but whatever. Cool to hear some of the Stones (and former Stones) reminisce about a somewhat fascinating time-period.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

A Perfect Getaway - 3 out of 5. Knew the plot twist when the guy threw the hatchet. Should have known the twist during the credits.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

For those with DirecTV, I noticed this morning that all the Starz/Encores are free all weekend starting today. Should be something worth DVR-ing for the kids in there.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

Robin Hood: Finishing this one up right now, and since I'm posting here, that should tell you how god awful boring this piece of crap is.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

saracapri wrote:Robin Hood: Finishing this one up right now, and since I'm posting here, that should tell you how god awful boring this piece of crap is.
I will steer clear of that one since I very much respect your opinion.
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

Really? Are you sure? I actually kind of have bad taste in stuff.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
Iron Duck
Headlining Clubs

Post by Iron Duck »

saracapri wrote:Really? Are you sure? I actually kind of have bad taste in stuff.
Sure, but doesn't the illusion of mutual respect make you want him that much more?
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

What? Speak English!
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

saracapri wrote:Really? Are you sure? I actually kind of have bad taste in stuff.
Well, I wasn't going to see Robin Hood anyway. :lol:
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

Well, in that case, may I recommend my all time favorite movie, Young Guns II?
AmericanJackass
Headlining Clubs

Post by AmericanJackass »

johnk5150 wrote:For those with DirecTV, I noticed this morning that all the Starz/Encores are free all weekend starting today. Should be something worth DVR-ing for the kids in there.

Like the Encore Action channel showing a bunch of Bond films.
AmericanJackass
Headlining Clubs

Post by AmericanJackass »

saracapri wrote:Well, in that case, may I recommend my all time favorite movie, Young Guns II?

Why do you like Young Guns II better then Young Guns?
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Nightmare on Elm Street remake (2010) - 5/10
Machete (2010) - 7/10
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

saracapri wrote:Well, in that case, may I recommend my all time favorite movie, Young Guns II?
:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjETTvgM67w
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

Moon - 8/10

Sam Rockwell is amazing as the film's protagonist. I would give more of a review, but I don't know how to do that without spoiling things, so suffice it to say that this is a great example of pure science fiction.
David Bowie's son wrote and directed it, and I kept thinking "Amazing how his son wrote something, that, thirty years ago, would have been a perfect vehicle for David Bowie. You can easily picture the same guy who was in "The Man Who Fell to Earth" doing something like "Moon". It's just that Moon is a far better picture.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Night of the Creeps Unrated (1986) - 9.5/10. Thrill me.