Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

drops_of_jupiter
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by drops_of_jupiter »

Eat,Pray,Love - More like What,The,Fuck. Total waste of 2 hours. She's this woman living in NY with a lovely house, Billy Crudup as a husband and a great job. Then she's all 'Oh, I used to have so much Pa5si0N!! I used to love long walks in teh park!! I need to go find myselfz agen'. She didn't go find herself, she found a fuck buddy in Bali along with some toothless guy that told her to do shit--claiming that it's 'her destiny'. I give it 4/10. I'm being generous here. By the time she got to India, I knew that she still had to go to Bali and mess about with Javier Bardem. It dragged.
I'm only giving it such a high mark 'cos Javier's in it. He's worth 3 marks.

I saw about 30mins of 'Made In Dagenham'. It's actually quite a bit better than I thought it'd be. 7/10 for what I've seen so far.
And 'The Town' isn't the steaming pile of crap I thought it'd be either. Then again, I only saw the last 30mins but it was actually ok. 6/10.
knuckles.is.contractual
Headlining Clubs

Post by knuckles.is.contractual »

Primer - I enjoyed watching it. I couldn't really follow all of it.

May - I loved it til about the last five or so minutes.

Cube - It was alright, but the end is fucking retarded.

The Game - It was entertaining but the end sucked.

So I saw 4 movies today. One I didn't really get and 3 I hated the ending. That's the way she goes.
Last edited by knuckles.is.contractual on Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Rampage - 7 outta 10. Holy shit! Uwe Bolle actually made a movie I enjoyed. Think Falling Down with body armor.

Last edited by John Simon Ritchie on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

The Social Network- 9.5/10. Holy crap, no movie about Facebook deserves to be this awesome.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

Raging Bull 8/10

Another Scorsese film to cross off my list in my quest to see everyone of them. Next up The Aviator.
ImageImage
SLASH1976
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by SLASH1976 »

Machete - 8/10 Great fun
Predators - 7.5 / 10 Decent enough remake
SAVE THE EARTH IT'S THE ONLY PLANET WITH BEER

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him into your
(")_(") sig to help him gain world domination

doctordestructo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by doctordestructo »

LET ME IN: 9/10 - Well done film... great performances, haunting atmosphere, a rare remake that is as good as if not better than the original.

MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

makaveli wrote:Raging Bull 8/10

Another Scorsese film to cross off my list in my quest to see everyone of them. Next up The Aviator.
Your fucking mother fucking sucks fucking elephant dicks.

Seriously, that's a 10.5 for me.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

I don't care what you say, genetically modified foods are...

Oh, wrong thread. Yeah, I'm not going to argue with your ass. :lol:
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

Donnie Darko - ?/5

I'm not sure how the fuck to rate this flick. It had something to do with time travel, psychotherapy, scary rabbits and shit. I downed my 5th Beam and Coke by the time the movie ended so I'm not really up to writing a decent review. :|
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

Jennifer's Body: 5/10

Not funny enough to be comedy. Not creepy/scary/gory enough to be horror.
It's "high" rank comes only from the fact that I was in the mood not to think during a movie, and it certainly delivered on that count.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

Watched a few films this week some that others rated recently.

Robin Hood (new one) - 6/10 Awful story, really predictable and full of cliches, I think the Kevin Kostner one is better. The end battle scene didn't make any sense, although it was fairly cool as there were so many extras, but it was really badly directed and edited and the score was boring and repetitive. The film rips of scenes from Braveheart, LOTRs and Saving Private Ryan. Great scenery, lots of extras, cool costumes, but really poor dialogue, really predictable and kinda pointless. The end of the film kinda sets up the possibility of sequels, but I don't think they will happen.

Raging Bull - 10/10 I haven't seen this film in like 10 years, and it was awesome, I actually forgot about Joe Pesci going all Goodfellas in the club. Great film, De Niro's performance is mesmerizing. Fight scenes are a bit boring as some else said, but they are better than Rocky 1, which were ridiculous.

Knight and Day 7/10 - considering it's Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz, and a comedy, I didn't have very high expectations. I actually really enjoyed this film. Totally preposterous story line, but very funny, and mostly the action is fairly slick. It has a few tongue in cheek pokes at James Bond flicks which I think were enjoyable.

300 - 8/10 Awesome action flick, watched this whilst hungover, and loved it. I couldn't help but notice how much Sparticus: Blood and Sand borrows from this film. I look forward to the prequel.

Grown Ups - 5/10 Fairly formulaic Adam Sandler film, which is fairly funny, and is a good feel type film. This would be the perfect film to watch if you had a night of watching some scary and disturbing horror flicks and needed something non-engaging, mildy funny comedy, and is likely to put you to sleep.
AmericanJackass
Headlining Clubs

Post by AmericanJackass »

Felon~6/10 While protecting his family from an intruder in his home, the husband kills the intruder w/a baseball bat & is sentenced to time in prison. While in prison, he is fucked with by other inmates/guards adding additional time to his sentence, until he exposes what is going on on the inside. Stars Val Kilmer & Stephen Dorff.
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

IDIAMINDADA wrote:Let Me In...8/10, very well made, perfectly cast and acted...but ultimately kinda pointless...the original is such complete magic, the trick just isn't as thrilling the second time, all in all though, about a hundred times better than it had any right to be and Michael Giacchino's score is an instant classic invoking The Shining many times. Is it too early to say that Chloe Moretz is clearly going to be very hot?
I almost went to see this yesterday afternoon. Based on the online ratings I very well may do that tomorrow.
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

IDIAMINDADA wrote:
Indy_Rob wrote:
IDIAMINDADA wrote:Let Me In...8/10, very well made, perfectly cast and acted...but ultimately kinda pointless...the original is such complete magic, the trick just isn't as thrilling the second time, all in all though, about a hundred times better than it had any right to be and Michael Giacchino's score is an instant classic invoking The Shining many times. Is it too early to say that Chloe Moretz is clearly going to be very hot?
I almost went to see this yesterday afternoon. Based on the online ratings I very well may do that tomorrow.
Do it fast, cause the movie is tanking like a motherfucker and wont be in the theaters more than about another week...it did a measly $5.3 mil this weekend...which is ashame, it deserves better.
It just came out Friday, didn't it?
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

AmericanJackass wrote:Felon~6/10 While protecting his family from an intruder in his home, the husband kills the intruder w/a baseball bat & is sentenced to time in prison. While in prison, he is fucked with by other inmates/guards adding additional time to his sentence, until he exposes what is going on on the inside. Stars Val Kilmer & Stephen Dorff.
Good movie. American History X fans should like this one.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Paranormal Activity - 7/10
I like these kind of movies and this one had it's "creep" factors.
There were 3 endings to this, correct? The one I just saw I don't remember seeing on the YT clips when it first came out so that added a little to it. There was an alternate ending on the DVD but I thought I remembered one with the cops at the door?
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

Sunshine - 1/5.

Hated this flick. Honestly, when it showed up in my mailbox from Netflix yesterday, I didn't even remember queuing it up. Here's the gist and why I didn't like it: The Sun is dying and a crew of about 8 astronauts are heading toward it on a mission to deliver a bomb that will basically cause it to split and create a new Sun (or something like that). Their mission gets diverted when they take a detour to try to rescue the ship and crew of a previously lost mission, things start to go disastrously wrong, crew members die. Blah, blah, blah.

Now I can dig a sci-fi movie like the next person, I just didn't think this was well written. Some of the things that happen left me questioning what was going on in the movie, why they were doing what they were doing, and just flat-out shaking my head out how preposterous some of the scenes were.

Oddly, Netflix had several very positive reviews. :?
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Return of the Jedi - 6/10. Jesus those ewoks were ugly. I had a vague idea that they were cuter than that but I was horribly mistaken.

I've finally seen all three of the movies and still don't get the hype.
SmokingGun
Headlining Clubs

Post by SmokingGun »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:Rampage - 7 outta 10. Holy shit! Uwe Bolle actually made a movie I enjoyed. Think Falling Down with body armor.

That was the first movie to shock me in ages.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Starship Troopers...Yes, again.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Betty Humpter
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Betty Humpter »

Zombieland-10/10. I've been meaning to watch it since it came out but somehow kept missing it until it was on Starz yesterday. Had I known what I was missing, I would have hauled ass to the theater for multiple viewings and bought the DVD the day it went on sale. It has action, violence, gore, comedy, a touch of non-sappy romance, and Bill Murray. In other words, it's the perfect movie.

The Stepfather (the reboot)-5/10. Not great, not bad, just meh. I was a big fan of the original, though, so I might be biased. It would have been hella cool if they had brought back Terry O'Quinn, but I guess he's getting a little long in the tooth for the role.
WackyWalrus wrote: Teenager 1: Hey man, is Quiet Riot better than Pantera?
Teenager 2: No way man. Nothing is better than Pantera, not even the Bible.
knuckles.is.contractual
Headlining Clubs

Post by knuckles.is.contractual »

Mr Brooks - I actually really liked it. Demi Moore kind of sucked, but everyone else was good enough.

The Madness of King George - I didn't even finish it. Bored the fucking shit out of me.

Pleasantville - A sweet little movie about fucking your way to self-actualization. I really liked it.

Frailty - I liked it. It's not awesome or anything, but it'll kill some time.
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

Shaun of the Dead - 3.5/5

This was a fun zombie movie. Not as good as Zombieland, as mentioned above, but still it had plenty of laughs and funny gore.
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

Bridget wrote:Return of the Jedi - 6/10. Jesus those ewoks were ugly. I had a vague idea that they were cuter than that but I was horribly mistaken.

I've finally seen all three of the movies and still don't get the hype.
I think having a vagina blocks "Teh Force" from being with you.
IggyPopWillEatItself wrote:
Inessence wrote:Whoa. I bought a cd of a band Iggy hasn't heard of before? :lol:
Yep, there's actually still a few left out there! :lol:
VinnieKulick

Post by VinnieKulick »

Let Me in 9.5/10

Absolutely near perfect movie. HIGHLY recommended.

Also saw Guardians, that owl movie, it was brilliant as well. 8.5/10
ImageImage
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

VinnieKulick wrote:Let Me in 9.5/10

Absolutely near perfect movie. HIGHLY recommended.

Also saw Guardians, that owl movie, it was brilliant as well. 8.5/10
Ok, that settles it. I'm gonna go see this flick tomorrow. Between your recommendation and IDI's, I gotta see it.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

saracapri wrote:Robin Hood: Finishing this one up right now, and since I'm posting here, that should tell you how god awful boring this piece of crap is.
8)

I only got 50 minutes through it before turning it off. And i'm normally one of those guys who watches a film till the end no matter how bad it is.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

BD888 wrote:Watched a few films this week some that others rated recently.

Robin Hood (new one) - 6/10 Awful story, really predictable and full of cliches, I think the Kevin Kostner one is better. The end battle scene didn't make any sense, although it was fairly cool as there were so many extras, but it was really badly directed and edited and the score was boring and repetitive. The film rips of scenes from Braveheart, LOTRs and Saving Private Ryan. Great scenery, lots of extras, cool costumes, but really poor dialogue, really predictable and kinda pointless. The end of the film kinda sets up the possibility of sequels, but I don't think they will happen.

Raging Bull - 10/10 I haven't seen this film in like 10 years, and it was awesome, I actually forgot about Joe Pesci going all Goodfellas in the club. Great film, De Niro's performance is mesmerizing. Fight scenes are a bit boring as some else said, but they are better than Rocky 1, which were ridiculous.

Knight and Day 7/10 - considering it's Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz, and a comedy, I didn't have very high expectations. I actually really enjoyed this film. Totally preposterous story line, but very funny, and mostly the action is fairly slick. It has a few tongue in cheek pokes at James Bond flicks which I think were enjoyable.

300 - 8/10 Awesome action flick, watched this whilst hungover, and loved it. I couldn't help but notice how much Sparticus: Blood and Sand borrows from this film. I look forward to the prequel.

Grown Ups - 5/10 Fairly formulaic Adam Sandler film, which is fairly funny, and is a good feel type film. This would be the perfect film to watch if you had a night of watching some scary and disturbing horror flicks and needed something non-engaging, mildy funny comedy, and is likely to put you to sleep.
I'm a little surpised after the review you gave this film a 6!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Star Trek 2009 - 5 / 10 - Very weird experience. I loved every second scene and hated the next. Better than Generations but worse than the other movies.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"