A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

Gazpacho wrote:I watched 2 this week.

Snow Piercer 1/10
it took me 5 attempts to get thru this whole movie.
Kind of a Hunger Games on a train vibe.
It honestley took me 5 nights to finish.
Thought it was horrible.

A Million Ways To Die In The West 1/10
Another horrible movie that took me 3 nights to get thru.
Good actors, horrible movie, not funny in the least.
Snowpiercer 9/10 IMO

I thought is was very well done and had a great sense of humor, especially Tilda Swinton's character
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

pulsar0510 wrote:
TenBenny wrote:"Interstellar" - 8/10

Really good movie, with a great cast. Nolan gets a lot of flak, but I always find his movies to be very engaging.
Beautiful movie. Good acting. Some big plot holes. A little too long, but oddly didn't feel that way until it was over. But 8 still sounds right.
Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10
Did this get renamed to Kill/Die/Repeat for video release? Cool sci/fi take on the old Groundhog Day scenario. Totally worth a rental if you like science fiction or action movies.

Interstellar
8.5/10
Just saw this in IMAX. If you have this option it is well worth it. The effects were great. It go a little sentimental at the end and some of the dialog was clunky, but overall well done.

Edge of Tomorrow is awesome. I think it's biggest issue is it's name and how it was marketed originally.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
MisterSinister
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by MisterSinister »

"A Hard Day's Night" on Blu-ray.

(Using the Netflix 5 Star Scale, where 1=Hated It, 2=Didn't Like It, 3=Liked It, 4=Really Liked It, 5=Loved It)

3 of 5, but just because it's The Beatles. It is super corny, and makes me feel like I'm watching a little girls movie, like Justin Beiber or something, because it's all screaming little girls chasing The Beatles around London.

I'd recommend watching the first ten minutes, then skipping through to each scene to find the songs, the silly scene where the Beatles are taking the piss out of the press, then watch the 18 minute bonus piece where The Beatles talk about making the movie.
acefrehleysbeer
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by acefrehleysbeer »

Horns-3.5/5
Free the WM3
http://www.wm3.org

When I die I don't want no part of heaven
I would not do heavens work well
I pray the devil comes and takes me
To stand in the fiery furnaces of hell
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

Birdman - 8/10

Great performances by Michael Keaton and Edward Norton, cool cinematography, and an interesting story. It got a little more "out there" at the end, which I found a bit off-putting, but overall I enjoyed it a lot.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

acefrehleysbeer wrote:Horns-3.5/5
Thought this looked interesting.
Thanks for the long explanation on your rating.

Fag
EatNails
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by EatNails »

Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10. Watched it based on the 2 reviews above. I tend to skip Cruise movies, but this one was worth watching.
Grendel wrote: Skip work tomorrow and smoke some meth...this thread is THAT epic.
James Halford Tate
Headlining Clubs

Post by James Halford Tate »

The Best Of Me.

Total chick flick snooze fest.
I had to sit through it with my wife
. :x
Black_Frost
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Black_Frost »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
pulsar0510 wrote:
TenBenny wrote:"Interstellar" - 8/10

Really good movie, with a great cast. Nolan gets a lot of flak, but I always find his movies to be very engaging.
Beautiful movie. Good acting. Some big plot holes. A little too long, but oddly didn't feel that way until it was over. But 8 still sounds right.
Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10
Did this get renamed to Kill/Die/Repeat for video release? Cool sci/fi take on the old Groundhog Day scenario. Totally worth a rental if you like science fiction or action movies.

Interstellar
8.5/10
Just saw this in IMAX. If you have this option it is well worth it. The effects were great. It go a little sentimental at the end and some of the dialog was clunky, but overall well done.

Edge of Tomorrow is awesome. I think it's biggest issue is it's name and how it was marketed originally.
Just saw it today at the IMAX. I want those 3 hours of my life back. Matthew Mccaunahey is abysmal as an actor, and this movie was about an 1 1/2 too long and absolutely did not need a comical space robot sidekick - felt like I had transported to bad 80's movies. I feel like they mashed every sci-fi movie they could into one movie, and it felt really contrived.
fuck off, kid. I have ticket stubs older than you.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Grabbers (2012) - 7/10.

Horror comedy about cthulhu style bloodsucking tentacle monsters arriving at the coast of Ireland, the only protection against which is high blood alcohol levels. A village full of hillbilly Irish lushes barricaded at a bar during an alien invasion is a concept that's hard to fuck up, though it's hardly hilarious either.
LouDoo
Platinum Artist

Post by LouDoo »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:Grabbers (2012) - 7/10.

Horror comedy about cthulhu style bloodsucking tentacle monsters arriving at the coast of Ireland, the only protection against which is high blood alcohol levels. A village full of hillbilly Irish lushes barricaded at a bar during an alien invasion is a concept that's hard to fuck up, though it's hardly hilarious either.

Off topic, but your post reminded me of one of the greatest band names I've heard: Teen Cthulhu.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:The sounds of that album gives me the brutal shits.
ImageImage
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

300 Rise of an empire (2014)

Im not really into this type of film but it wasnt bad and Eva Green's boobs were pretty nice 6.5/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Moulin Rouge 7/10
Very interesting movie. I do not watch musicals. Never piqued
my interest.
The images in this movie were spectacular.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Loads of classics yesterday:

Splendor in the Grass - 7/10 I do love this film mainly for the chemistry between Natalie Wood and Warren Beatty. Could have done without the bad sister character which mars the film only because it should have focused completely on Deanie and Bud's relationship. Natalie Wood's mental breakdown is truly terrifying in some parts.

The Goodbye Girl - 10/10 Something from the 70's, so it's really not a classic in the literal sense, but this film never, ever fails to make me happy when I watch it. Dreyfuss won an Oscar for this, and he rightfully deserved it for his utterly charming performance, in addition to his chemistry with Marsha Mason and her wise-beyond-her-years daughter. Love this film!!!

Mr. Blandon Builds His Dreamhouse - 8/10 Cute film starring Cary Grant and Myrna Low as a New York couple who buy a dilapidated house in Connecticut and go through all kinds of madness to try and fix it up. This had to be the inspiration for the Tom Hank's Money Pit movie. Sweet couple and I enjoyed watching them for a couple of hours.

Also, there was something on earlier starring Stewart Granger and Jean Simmons of which I just watched 10 minutes, mainly to stare at Stewart Granger who is all kinds of dreamy looking. 8)

Good day for movies!
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

After Dark, My Sweet (1990) - not sure how Jason Patric didnt become a much bigger star, he was really good as a doofus creep in this one. Bruce Dern was also equally creepy and I can't think of her name, but the lady that was Duchovny's wife in Kalifornia ( always has a bad haircut) was the female lead. Good movie 7/10
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

^^ Michelle Forbes. I like her. On the first "snow day" of winter I think I'm gonna do a Kalifornia, True Romance, Natural Born Killers movie day and decide once and for all which one is my favorite.
TravisBicklesMohawk

Fletch wrote:After Dark, My Sweet (1990) - not sure how Jason Patric didnt become a much bigger star, he was really good as a doofus creep in this one. Bruce Dern was also equally creepy and I can't think of her name, but the lady that was Duchovny's wife in Kalifornia ( always has a bad haircut) was the female lead. Good movie 7/10

I thought the lead was Rachel Ward? And I use to own this film at one time during my short-lived Jason Patric obsession.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

St.Vincent-8.3/10 loved it.
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote:
Fletch wrote:After Dark, My Sweet (1990) - not sure how Jason Patric didnt become a much bigger star, he was really good as a doofus creep in this one. Bruce Dern was also equally creepy and I can't think of her name, but the lady that was Duchovny's wife in Kalifornia ( always has a bad haircut) was the female lead. Good movie 7/10

I thought the lead was Rachel Ward? And I use to own this film at one time during my short-lived Jason Patric obsession.
I think you are right. She looked like the chick with big bangs from Kalifornia to me. To which ill say since then, I've checked her out on Google and man she got hot in her older years.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Nightcrawler
9/10

This was one of those movies that you feel kinda skeeved watching it. Jake Gylenhaal was great in it. His character is immensely unlikable and does some highly questionable acts to get paid.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

The Expendables 3 (2014): 5/10
I really wanted to like this, but it was too long, dragged at times, had plot and logic holes the Titanic could have sailed through and committed the "empty gun click" faux pas that I hate so much. Boo.
theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Stalingrad(2013)

Story has been told many times but this one was a Russian movie, Russian cast, russian/german dialogue only with subtitles

Pretty good movie 8/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

The Emerald Forest (1985) - 6/10. Adventure movie about some Amazon mowgli doing Ayahuasca in the bush all day while his white family is constantly harshing his buzz. Beautiful nature and decent aboriginal titty.

Event Horizon (1997) - 4/10. I've heard this compared to Alien or Sphere. One of the dumbest mainstream sci-fi/horror films I've ever seen.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

Labor Day- 4/10. The fuck was this? The ending was the very worst, all kinds of corny.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Pain & Gain - 4/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
midnighttoker
Headlining Clubs

Post by midnighttoker »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:The Emerald Forest (1985) - 6/10. Adventure movie about some Amazon mowgli doing Ayahuasca in the bush all day while his white family is constantly harshing his buzz. Beautiful nature and decent aboriginal titty.

Event Horizon (1997) - 4/10. I've heard this compared to Alien or Sphere. One of the dumbest mainstream sci-fi/horror films I've ever seen.
i like the emerald forest.
been a few years since i've seen it.
I'm a drunken idiot who gave the board his password ;)
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

Before Midnight 3/5

Don't bother unless you've seen the other two in the series.
IggyPopWillEatItself wrote:
Inessence wrote:Whoa. I bought a cd of a band Iggy hasn't heard of before? :lol:
Yep, there's actually still a few left out there! :lol:
TravisBicklesMohawk

midnighttoker wrote:
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:The Emerald Forest (1985) - 6/10. Adventure movie about some Amazon mowgli doing Ayahuasca in the bush all day while his white family is constantly harshing his buzz. Beautiful nature and decent aboriginal titty.

i like the emerald forest.
been a few years since i've seen it.
Me too. I actually owned the soundtrack at one time. Great film that unfortunately, has fallen through the cracks over the years.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

I think I still have The Emerald Forest on Laserdisc. :mrgreen:

"No, you are Dadday."
IggyPopWillEatItself wrote:
Inessence wrote:Whoa. I bought a cd of a band Iggy hasn't heard of before? :lol:
Yep, there's actually still a few left out there! :lol:
LouDoo
Platinum Artist

Post by LouDoo »

Red Room 1/10

What a steaming pile of shit. The digital camera 'work' was a major distraction. I could never take this movie seriously because it looked like someone shot it on an iPhone.

It gets one point for boobs.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:The sounds of that album gives me the brutal shits.
ImageImage