Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by johnk5150 »

All movie channels free this weekend on Directv.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

DSAB wrote:
Interview With The Vampire - wow. The most intentional homo erotic yet non gay film since Nightmare on Elm Street 2. It was all over the place. Not sure how to even rate it. I liked it though. Was it a big deal when it was released? And was this the UYI era GnR's last swan song as a single at the the end credits?
:lol:

When I first saw this as a 13 year old, I didn't really get it. But I saw it again about ten years later, it was almost uncomfortable to watch. It's the same thing with Fight Club. It always makes me laugh when some dude says Fight Club is a great movie and then I explain Chuck Palaniuk's gay fascist undertones and they turn white when they realize it's true.

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote: Le Samouraï (1967) - 7/10. I still don't understand shit like "cinematography", but I liked this movie just like that too. Nathalie Delon is hot in it.
Le Samourai is excellent, I have the Criterion DVD of this film. If you're interested, Walter Hill's 1978 film The Driver and the Danish director Nicolas Winding Refn's Drive are loose remakes of this film. Really all of the crime films Alain Delon starred in were very good.
Chip Z'Hoy wrote:I really didn't like the first Purge. They set up this really interesting premise and then made it a home invasion movie. Why bother?

I enjoyed Purge: Anarchy a LOT more.
See, felt the opposite: I thought the premise was idiotic, but I enjoyed the acting, especially from Ethan Hawke as an obvious weenie who finds his balls and also the main villain, a very convincing psychopath. If that movie were released in the 1980s, that dude would be a villain in every other b movie like Richard Lynch, bad guy from Invasion USA.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Mom's night out (2014) Sean Astin

Meh just so middle of the road and a bit heavy on the religion side 5/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
gregster
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by gregster »

Over the w/end saw:
Starred Up - 7/10. Brutal prison drama, with Jack O'Connell (who's gonna be a star) trying to forge a relationship with his Father, who's a lifer inside.

The Imitation Game - 8/10. Very good period drama about breaking the secret code used by the Nazis. Benedict Cucumberpatch is excellently cast, and will surely get awards for his performance.

The Hobbit (Battle of the 5 Armies) - 6/10. Not really a patch on the previous 2 Hobbit films, or indeed any of the LOTR trilogy either. Still, it concludes the book and nobody can deny how well made the whole thing was.
muppet butt
Tard Army Fail Private

Post by muppet butt »

I Love You Man 8/10.

Fun movie although not really funny in too many places. It was still fun to watch. Occasionally it would travel into really obnoxious gag territory just to try and get a laugh although that really wasn't it's strength. Didn't reinvent the wheel but fun to watch.
stevo
Headlining Clubs

Post by stevo »

Silver Lining Playbook..... avoided it forever thinking it was just another chick flick and I discovered that it really was a GREAT movie

9/10
HMZ said:
KISS Sonic Boom. Even Van Halen III is better than A Different Kind of Truth. :lol:
muppet butt
Tard Army Fail Private

Post by muppet butt »

stevo wrote:Silver Lining Playbook..... avoided it forever thinking it was just another chick flick and I discovered that it really was a GREAT movie

9/10
Yeah that one surprised me too. Very well done. Well written and well acted.
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

Venom (2005): 5/10
Generic slasher flick set in a swamp with a voodoo and snake theme, good only for killing an hour and a half if you have nothing better to do. I'd hoped it be would more like the similar Hatchet, which came out around the same time, but it's not even close.

DSAB wrote:Interview With The Vampire - Was it a big deal when it was released?
It got a lot of press because Anne Rice was super vocal about her opposition to the casting of Tom Cruise as Lestat.
crowes74
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by crowes74 »

Seen "Inherant Vice" vice the other night. I'd say it's a mash up between LA confidential and pineapple express from the '60's. Had sort of a Tarantino vibe to it. Good but odd movie. One of those I left thinking I needed to watch again to get the more subtle jokes. Laugh out loud funny in spots, just plain odd in others. Good cast doing thier job well also. Ran a lil long is only complaint.

Seen "birdman" recently too. Best casted film I'd seen this year. Filmed it like it was just a few really long scenes, and actually pulled it off. Might have been my favorite film of last year. Nice to see Ed Norton showing some skill again, Emma stone was great and Michael Keaton acted his ass off.

Can't wait to see "American sniper".
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

Trollhunter (2010): 6/10
A 6 because giant trolls are cool. It lost a point for shaky camera syndrome, but then got one back for being in Norwegian, which is neat to listen to.

Next up is Dead Snow. Also in Norwegian, and the sequel (Red vs. Dead) was great, so I'm feeling hopeful.
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

Dead Snow (2009): 6/10
Not nearly as funny as the sequel. The second half was fun, but it took way too long to get there.

And now I'm out of things to watch. :cry: I've scrolled through Netflix titles for 20 minutes and nothing. I need another Tucker and Dale / Grabbers / Cockneys vs Zombies type movie.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

When We Were Kings- 7/10. Some interesting footage.

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby- 4/10. Liked Ferrell and Reilly paired up in Step Brothers but this was... not too funny.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
theglammerthebetter

The Hungover Games(2014) Tara Reid, Jamie kennedy, Bruce Jenner

Its one of those parody movies but this one is rated R so theres a lot a tits amd a few laughs 6/10
muppet butt
Tard Army Fail Private

Post by muppet butt »

21 Jumpstreet 8/10

Funny enough. Fun to watch. Jonah and Channing have great chemistry. The cameos were brilliant. Basically just another dumb buddy cop movie but it worked.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

theglammerthebetter

Divergent(2014) Shailene Woodley, Kate Winslet, Ashley Judd

Pretty good movie 8/10
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Jeremy McGrath - Steel Roots 1 ( Full )
http://youtu.be/FGj5IQXdgQ4

Steel Roots 1
Jeremy McGrath and his friends travel the world freeriding motocross. This classic video that started the whole series has lots of extras. Rock music and motocross mix in this all time classic film (starts with than Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth)

Athletes:
Jeremy McGrath, Jimmy Button, Ryan Hughes, Grayson Goodman, Guy Cooper, Mike Metzger, Mike Chamberlain, Seth Enslow, Mark Easley, Micky Dymond, Buddy Antunez, Kevin Windham, Angela Hale
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The Other Woman- 2/10
Attempted to watch. Barely got to the scene of Kate Upton on the beach with that sweet swimsuit on. Only reason I gave the movie a 2

Horrible movie. Terribly written. How again do movies like these get the green light from Hollywood?
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Kurôzu zero ("Crows Zero" 2007) - 6/10. I only know Takashi Miike from Ichi The Killer, so this was a little disappointing. It kinda works as action comedy, but I don't think it's supposed to. There's just too many characters for my stupid ass to follow. Then again, I had no problem with the Seven Samurai, but that was before beer age.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Kill The Irishman - 8/10

Night Shift - 7/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Catch Hell (2014) Washed up Hollywood actor Reagon Pearce is kidnapped by thugs on the way to work in Shreveport, Louisiana. Trapped in a swamp hut, his kidnappers torture and blackmail him, hijacking his twitter account and threatening to upload compromising material. How can he escape his predicament?

"Ryan Phillipe's career goes down the toilet even further in this action thriller which he directed, wrote and stars in. It's more sad than embarrassing. Playing a somewhat autobiographical character, Phillipe stars as a down-and-out Hollywood star. He's seen better days, and is now set to star in a low budget thriller filming in Louisiana. There, he's kidnapped by a couple of rednecks who want revenge. Ever the cad (though he wants to stop being one), Phillipe banged one of their wives. They take him to a remote cabin in the bayou and torture him. Before killing him, they want to ruin his reputation by taking over his Twitter account and posting anti-Semitic rants. When the cuckold leaves his buddy to guard Phillipe, of course he turns out to be a closet homosexual who wants to rape Phillipe. The whole thing comes off as a weird fantasy of some way Ryan Phillipe could once again become noteworthy. It must really hurt that his more talented ex-wife is getting the reviews of her life "

"Yikes. I heard Phillipe promoting this on the radio and was intrigued. Downloaded it and boy was I disappointed. Just awful in almost every way. Now, I am not a fan of horror or B thrillers, and maybe that's what they were going for here, but still.......... Some of the actors were like out of a Troma film, the script was shoddy, predictable, pandering, and at times just simply stupid. The only good point to this entire movie, and the reason I didn't give it 1, was the actor who played Junior. He was wonderful. Interesting to watch, made some great and creepy choices, really seemed to delve into the world of the movie without taking US out as a result, and made his scenes memorable. Furthermore, it seemed apparent that the writer probably had this character in mind initially and built the script out from there, since he seemed to also be the only character that was fully developed, had layers, and a sense of a back story. There's even a really creepy shot of him doing shirtless chin ups and then just hanging on the bar like a monkey staring at Phillipe. A bit of artistic symbolism that seemed to conversely come out of nowhere in the rest of this mess. Ryan: stick to acting......you've been privileged to do some fantastic films alongside some turkeys. This one by far gobbled the worst. "

"This was quite a bad feature film, and as a debut film it truly shows a lack of potential, as in all of the influences are starkly obvious and the film adds none of it's own originality to the mix. This is most certainly a film to avoid, the performances were sub-par, the dialogue & Character Development were horrendous. The ending of this film gave me the exact opposite reaction which Misery gave me, as in the protagonist in this film showed no redeeming features what so ever and I wouldn't have cared less if he had lived or died. This film is not comparable to Misery which is a masterpiece next to this, which provides you with how the protagonist was captured and how the escape attempts come in to play and the mental war between the fan kidnapper and the fading sane celebrity. I feel sorry for Ryan as he seems like a good guy based off of his appearance on Opie & Jim this month (one of the reason I watched this film), but if he sees this character as a representation of self, he must see himself as quite a Giant douchebag without any redeeming features. It's hard to say this film had potential as the subject matter has been done much better, and the directing ability appears to be that of someone who enjoys watching movies, but isn't a cinephille by any means, and he is in the film industry already, why not? Well Mr. Phillippe, this movie is exactly why not"
DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Post by DSAB »

Facedown wrote:Kill The Irishman - 8/10

Night Shift - 7/10
Both are excellent movies.

Nekromantik - there's not enough numbers to rate this accurately.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

American Sniper 6/10

I am not sure how this movie was nominated for an Oscar over a Movie like NightCrawler. Bradley Cooper was fine in it. How the story was told and the character development, aside from Chris Kyle, was really poor IMO. Disappointed
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
TenBenny
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by TenBenny »

"Blackhat" - 2/10

Boring as hell. Just not good. Damn, Michael Mann used to make great films, too.
theglammerthebetter

The Quiet Ones ones(2014) just another bad horror movie 4/10

The Dirties(2013) Movie is about 2 students making a movie about a school shooting but one of them is palnning to do it for real 6.5/10
Trist805
I LOVE BIG BLACK COCK

Post by Trist805 »

TenBenny wrote:"Blackhat" - 2/10

Boring as hell. Just not good. Damn, Michael Mann used to make great films, too.
Yea that movie looked like shit from the previews.

Get Shorty. 7/10. Good movie, good cast, Travolta was good as the mobster, just wish Danny Devito was in it more.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Lost Boys is fun bad. And funny.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
theglammerthebetter

A Dark Truth(2012) Andy Garcia ,Forest Whitaker, Eva langoria

6/10
Hurls34
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Hurls34 »

Sin City 2: 6/10
Wasn't crazy about renting this one, because I thought the first one was only so/so, but the pickings were slim at the local Redbox so I took a chance.
I liked it a lot better than the original, and Eva Green was the big reason why. She just steals the show.
I'm also convinced there is no possible way to make Jessica Alba look ugly.
Yorgi: Now that buisness is finished, We party. Kolya!!!

Kolya: Bitches, come!!!!
theglammerthebetter

Blended(2014) Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore

Cant go wrong with those two 7/10