Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by DSAB »

Caught this because of the tag -"Mad Max meets Dawn of the Dead". Worth a look. 7/10
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote:Savages - 10/10.

So, why didn't anybody tell me how fucking good this movie was? I'm pissed!
Because you're about the first person I've ever seen actually like that piece of shit film.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Citizenfour. 10/10. That is if you like having the holy beejezus scared out of you... Privacy is a thing of the past....
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

American Sniper 5/10. This was such a huge disappointment. Was expecting a lot better considering all of the hype. *sighs*
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote:American Sniper 5/10. This was such a huge disappointment. Was expecting a lot better considering all of the hype. *sighs*

I felt the same way. Some people are taking it personally when told this movie is just average with a decent performance by Bradley Cooper. i understand the subject matter is sensitive to many people and they want to support it as their "patriotic duty" but it just is not that great of a movie.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
Rubberpigg
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by Rubberpigg »

Nightcrawler 8/10

Should have been nominated for Best Picture.

TravisBicklesMohawk

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
TravisBicklesMohawk wrote:American Sniper 5/10. This was such a huge disappointment. Was expecting a lot better considering all of the hype. *sighs*

I felt the same way. Some people are taking it personally when told this movie is just average with a decent performance by Bradley Cooper. i understand the subject matter is sensitive to many people and they want to support it as their "patriotic duty" but it just is not that great of a movie.

Lone Survivor was way better than this.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

Rubberpigg wrote:Nightcrawler 8/10

Should have been nominated for Best Picture.

This is at the local discount movie theater.

I let my wife pick the movie.

She picked "Wild"

I would've picked "Nightcrawler"

That bitch.
Stoner
Queen Bee

Post by Stoner »

Watching "Grease" with my oldest daughter right now, and still know every single word to every single song.

johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Made the boys (8 and 9) watch the original Bad New Bears last night. How did that movie get a PG rating?

9/10. Only because of the bad coaching that was obviously written by someone that didn't understand the game.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

Judge
8.6/10
Great movie.
TravisBicklesMohawk

Battleship - 0/10 How and why did this film happen? It was beyond awful. And WTF are Rhianna and Brooklyn Decker doing in movies anyway???

Too bad because I actually enjoy watching Taylor Kitsch who seemed to show a bit of potential in some of his other film roles, but this was horrid. I guess he wanted to bang the aforementioned Decker chick. :roll:

Fuck this movie! And fuck every, single, solitary asshole responsible for it.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Post by DSAB »

johnk5150 wrote:Made the boys (8 and 9) watch the original Bad New Bears last night. How did that movie get a PG rating?

9/10. Only because of the bad coaching that was obviously written by someone that didn't understand the game.
Boilermaker, you asshole.
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

Whiplash - 10/10
I can't find a single thing about this movie I didn't like. Who knew that a movie about jazz band could ratchet up tension like the penultimate episode of Breaking Bad?

St. Vincent - 3/10
3 stars for the performances of the actors, but save your fucking time...you've seen this 1000x before. Curmudgeon befriends son of single mom, hooker with a heart of gold, etc. *Yawn* Fuck, even The Sixth Sense used this formula.

Wait...was there a hooker with a heart of gold in The Sixth Sense?
Last edited by Son_of_Sam_I_Am on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
TravisBicklesMohawk

Whiplash - 10/10
I can't find a single thing about this movie I didn't like. Who knew that a movie about jazz band could ratchet up tension like the penultimate episode of Breaking Bad?

This. Film should have won the Oscar for best pic. Loved every second of it.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

I just made Mrs. I Am watch it and she loved it.

That's right...I watched Whiplash twice in one day. It's that fucking good.
LouDoo
Platinum Artist

Post by LouDoo »

MacGruber 10/10. Classic
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:The sounds of that album gives me the brutal shits.
ImageImage
TravisBicklesMohawk

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:I just made Mrs. I Am watch it and she loved it.

That's right...I watched Whiplash twice in one day. It's that fucking good.
Yes, this movie does get inside your brain. And worst of all, the bad guy kinda wins at the end. Other than that, it is pure perfection.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote:Yes, this movie does get inside your brain. And worst of all, the bad guy kinda wins at the end. Other than that, it is pure perfection.
Not to give away any spoilers, but I saw it as them BOTH winning. They both achieved their goals.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

[quote="Son_of_Sam_I_Am"]

St. Vincent - 3/10
3 stars for the performances of the actors, but save your fucking time...you've seen this 1000x before. Curmudgeon befriends son of single mom, hooker with a heart of gold, etc. *Yawn* Fuck, even The Sixth Sense used this formula.

Wait...was there a hooker with a heart of gold in The Sixth Sense?

Took me 3 sittings to make it through this turd. NOTHING HAPPENS.

And the hooker was a mean bitch.

Whiplash first in my queue.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Whiplash was excellent but Fletcher's reasoning behind his abuse didn't hold much water with me. It's basically an anecdote about Charlie Parker that may or may not be true. It ignores every other great musician who wasn't almost decapitated by a cymbal.

And there wasn't a lot of depth to his character. Is he even a good musician himself? He's shown playing but I have no real context for that kind of music.

In a way, it was probably for the best to just avoid the cliches all together: He's a drunk or his wife died of a brain tumor or he lost his kid to a dragging tempo.

Also, that double-time swing beat sounds like pure cacophony to me. :lol:

Excellent movie though, I'd give it a 9/10.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Iron Sky - 7/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
LouDoo
Platinum Artist

Post by LouDoo »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:Whiplash was excellent but Fletcher's reasoning behind his abuse didn't hold much water with me. It's basically an anecdote about Charlie Parker that may or may not be true. It ignores every other great musician who wasn't almost decapitated by a cymbal.

And there wasn't a lot of depth to his character. Is he even a good musician himself? He's shown playing but I have no real context for that kind of music.

In a way, it was probably for the best to just avoid the cliches all together: He's a drunk or his wife died of a brain tumor or he lost his kid to a dragging tempo.

I still need to see this. Out of the 'Oscar movies' I've seen I like Birdman and Boyhood the best. Boyhood had moments that felt like 'Slacker' for me, which I loved about it, and Birdman was just all around awesome.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:The sounds of that album gives me the brutal shits.
ImageImage
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Two that should've been nominated for Best Picture: Foxcatcher and Inherent Vice.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:Whiplash was excellent but Fletcher's reasoning behind his abuse didn't hold much water with me. It's basically an anecdote about Charlie Parker that may or may not be true. It ignores every other great musician who wasn't almost decapitated by a cymbal.

I don't even know if that was supposed to be his reasoning for the abuse. I think he said that to the kid at the jazz club because he wanted to get him to show up to that last performance and humiliate him. I think it could have been just him being a sadistic prick.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:I think he said that to the kid at the jazz club because he wanted to get him to show up to that last performance and humiliate him.
Oooooookay. I can live with that.

It's not a noble thing about myself but man, I like seeing people get verbally abused in movies. Swimming with Sharks? Love it.

A friend of mine called it Full Metal Jazzkit.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:Two that should've been nominated for Best Picture: Foxcatcher and Inherent Vice.
Inherent Vice was great.

"Go to bed? Why? I'm working."
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Trist805
I LOVE BIG BLACK COCK

Post by Trist805 »

Whiplash was great. Only complaint is that no way he would have been able to call his students "faggots" or half of the other harassments without being sued. I also kept waiting for "Duh Du'Duh Duh Farrrmerrr's" during the crash scene or at the end of the movie.

Agree on St. Vincent. Was really boring and didn't go anywhere. She could have just gotten a replacement key. Same tired formula.

The Drop. 5/10. I felt that the dog scenes were just to distract us from what a boring movie this was.
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:Is he even a good musician himself?
The entire movie showed what an excellent musician he was. He was a genius conductor...picking out flaws in his band often within four notes or less, be it tempo, tone, key, etc.

As for him getting sued...I get your point. But through exposition it was shown that even people that got kicked out were desperate to return. Even so, he WAS eventually removed. I think the kids put up with the abuse because they knew the studio band was the best amateur jazz band in the world, and success there would make their careers.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:
Chip Z'Hoy wrote:Is he even a good musician himself?
The entire movie showed what an excellent musician he was. He was a genius conductor...picking out flaws in his band often within four notes or less, be it tempo, tone, key, etc.
I never saw it as him necessarily picking out flaws but fucking with their minds. That's another example of me not being able to hear it though. I couldn't hear the kid dragging or rushing so I was like "Oh, he's just being a cock."

I was fine with him being an abusive instructor. They were the best music school in the country and his band was the most prestigious. I didn't even need an explanation there.

Bleeding Hands Murphy could've been a narc but he would've blown a major opportunity. That's what I read that as. He gets away with it because every kid wants a shot at the big time.