Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by UtahRatt »

Bad Words - 8/10 - Bateman kicks my ass in this flick, his fuck buddy sponsor and Slumdog fill in the gaps. overall a good movie. Bateman reminds me of Rob Corddry, actors who should always play assholes in movies.

- Why don't you take your potty mouth, go locate your pre-teen cock-sucking son and stuff him back up that old blown-out sweat sock of a vagina and scoot off back to whatever shit-kicking town you came from!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
pulsar0510
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by pulsar0510 »

Avengers: Age of Ultron- 5.5/10
Too busy and too disconnected from itself. Shadow of the original.
Lies are the words that I use when you look up hopefully
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

pulsar0510 wrote:Avengers: Age of Ultron- 5.5/10
I saw this today.

I am not a big fan of these movies, but my son is, so we went after school.

I liked it, thought it was better than the previous one.

8.5/10
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

Atari : Game Over (2014) - nicely done documentary that highlighted the making of (in 5 weeks) the ET Video game to coincide with the X Mas Rush of the 1982 movie and it's "demise" of the Atari brand of video games....and Atari in general. Excavating inside a landfill in New Mexico where thousands of ET (and other vids by Atari) is the prevailing story backdrop. 7/10
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Space Station 76(2014) Liv Tyler.
The Movie takes place in a 1976 version of the future, the look of the film is great, same for the music but theres no real story/ending 6/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

The Invasion (2007) - 6/10. Barely remember the older Body Snatchers movies, I'm sure there was something better than this remake with its "human feelings are awesome!" bullshit, but I do like seeing Nicole Kidman.

The Devil's Rejects (2005) - 7/10. I'm not sure it's so much better than House of a 1000 Corpses, can't imagine liking one and not the other, really. Despite the opinion of everybody on earth, I'm now actually looking forward to seeing Lords of Salem.
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:
The Devil's Rejects (2005) - 7/10. I'm not sure it's so much better than House of a 1000 Corpses, can't imagine liking one and not the other, really. Despite the opinion of everybody on earth, I'm now actually looking forward to seeing Lords of Salem.[/color][/b]
I just watched this again last week

Definitely entertaining
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

I love both Corpses and Rejects and I even liked his Halloween movies (I think H2 is really great, actually, and I'm not sure Rob himself would go that far). I don't think he's brilliant or anything, he just makes cool, stylistic-but-trashy horror flicks.

I really could not get into Lords of Salem. It is just nonsense! I find myself revisiting it because I really want to love it and it gets worse every time.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
theglammerthebetter

Dolphin tale 2(2014) Whole cast is back , good family film 7/10
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - 7

Definitely nowhere near as good as the first.

Eva Green really likes getting her tits out. And fair enough, she does have a great rack.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Post by DSAB »

Graffiti Bridge - a completely shitty semi-sequel to a pretty decent movie. As if his movie career didn't take a nosedive with the POS Under The Cherry Moon, this to total dreck was Princes definite cinemas swan song 5 years to late. No wonder Kim Bassinger and Madonna made fun if him. As in the immortal words of Billy, the First Avenue manager...ah buddy, what a fuckin' waste. 1/10
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

300 Rise of an Empire - 7

Another movie where Eva Green gets her tits out. Another movie that pales compared to the first.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

pieceofme wrote:300 Rise of an Empire - 7

Another movie where Eva Green gets her tits out. Another movie that pales compared to the first.
The topless swordfight scene was pretty epic!
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
theglammerthebetter

Cemetary Junction(2010) Ricky Gervais Felicity Jones 7.5/10
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

pulsar0510 wrote:Avengers: Age of Ultron- 5.5/10
This. I really did not like this movie for too many reason to list here. Shame because the first one was so damn good. What a disappointment.

Captain America The Winter Soldier is still the best thing Marvel's ever done. Every single aspect the WS excelled in, Ultron failed.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

W. (Oliver Stone, 2008) This movie was a bigger turd than the actual Bush administration, if you can believe that. 2/10 (because at least Brolin gets the voice down reasonably well)
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Mogambo (1953) - 6/10. Grace Kelly and Ava Gardner are lovely and all, but the safari Africa colonialist stereotype is really hard to take, even considering the time.
pieceofme wrote:Eva Green really likes getting her tits out. And fair enough, she does have a great rack.

Yo piece, I’m really happy for you, Imma let you finish but The Dreamers is one of the best movies where Eva Green gets her tits out of all time!
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Woosh wrote:W. (Oliver Stone, 2008) This movie was a bigger turd than the actual Bush administration, if you can believe that. 2/10 (because at least Brolin gets the voice down reasonably well)
I'd give it a 6/10. I know people who are Shrub worshipers who thought it was funny. My mother was a staunch conservative who despised the entire Bush family and she thought it was hilarious as well. It's one of the rare movies that is equally intentionally and unintentionally funny.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
stevo
Headlining Clubs

Post by stevo »

Ultron - 7/10
HMZ said:
KISS Sonic Boom. Even Van Halen III is better than A Different Kind of Truth. :lol:
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:
Woosh wrote:W. (Oliver Stone, 2008) This movie was a bigger turd than the actual Bush administration, if you can believe that. 2/10 (because at least Brolin gets the voice down reasonably well)
I'd give it a 6/10. I know people who are Shrub worshipers who thought it was funny. My mother was a staunch conservative who despised the entire Bush family and she thought it was hilarious as well. It's one of the rare movies that is equally intentionally and unintentionally funny.
I suppose I could agree with the unintentionally funny part. The pledge scene would qualify.

Barry Lyndon - 9.5/10 I don't know how I avoided this film for so long, but now that I've watched it, I'm strongly tempted to say it's Kubrick's best film, even though I'm a Shining fanatic. Everyone should watch this film. Especially if you're into film, and you're a lighting freak. It's mindblowing for the time.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
LouDoo
Platinum Artist

Post by LouDoo »

A Man Eacaped; a Robert Bresson film. 9/10.

Once you cop to the Bresson beat it's fascinating to watch his filming style. Actually it's fascinating anyway. I'd give it a 10, but it didn't provide an emotional reaction like Mouchette or Au hasard Balthazar, which both stuck with me for a while. To be fair, though, it's not the same kind of film as those two, either.

It's a prison escape film, but because of Bresson's approach it's quite interesting. And there is an emotional payoff, just not a bleak one, which seems to resonate more with me.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:The sounds of that album gives me the brutal shits.
ImageImage
theglammerthebetter

Hercules(2014) Dwayne Jonhson, it was allright 6/10
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

The Chaser - 8/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
TravisBicklesMohawk

Fuck Oliver Stone. Fuck him in the ear. Then fuck him in the other ear. Worthless piece of shit.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Post by DSAB »

April Fools Day - almost 30 years old and it's still great. Funny horror done right. 7/10
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:Mogambo (1953) - 6/10. Grace Kelly and Ava Gardner are lovely and all, but the safari Africa colonialist stereotype is really hard to take, even considering the time.
pieceofme wrote:Eva Green really likes getting her tits out. And fair enough, she does have a great rack.

Yo piece, I’m really happy for you, Imma let you finish but The Dreamers is one of the best movies where Eva Green gets her tits out of all time!
Alright, good to know! :lol:

theglammerthebetter

Left Behind(2014) Nicolas Cage 6/10
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

theglammerthebetter wrote:Left Behind(2014) Nicolas Cage 6/10
:lol:
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
TravisBicklesMohawk

pieceofme wrote:
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:Mogambo (1953) - 6/10. Grace Kelly and Ava Gardner are lovely and all, but the safari Africa colonialist stereotype is really hard to take, even considering the time.

Alright, good to know! :lol:
She also has a money shot. If memory serves me . . .
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Post by DSAB »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: She also has a money shot. If memory serves me . . .
Speaking of that...

9/10