A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Caustic Queen wrote:The Lazarus Effect - 3out of 10
Disappointed.
Has a promising beginning, promising storyline/concept.. but falls to pieces. It's like they ran out of money to shoot the last half of the movie, so they shot shoddy, 1/2 light, shadowy, barely there scenes.
It was too many ideas going on at once.

Seriously, can we have a moratorium on movies where people "unlock" the "90% of the brain we don't use" thus becoming magical? It's dumb.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

The Last of The Mohicans (1992) Theatrical Version, 8/10 I loved it as a kid and this was the first time I'd seen the original version in 16 or 17 years. The only version available now is the horrendous Director's Cut on DVD/Blu-Ray/Cable.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Trist805
I LOVE BIG BLACK COCK

Post by Trist805 »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:The Last of The Mohicans (1992) Theatrical Version, 8/10 I loved it as a kid and this was the first time I'd seen the original version in 16 or 17 years. The only version available now is the horrendous Director's Cut on DVD/Blu-Ray/Cable.
That movie was great and had a very sad ending I remember. What are the differences in versions?
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Trist805 wrote:
SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:The Last of The Mohicans (1992) Theatrical Version, 8/10 I loved it as a kid and this was the first time I'd seen the original version in 16 or 17 years. The only version available now is the horrendous Director's Cut on DVD/Blu-Ray/Cable.
That movie was great and had a very sad ending I remember. What are the differences in versions?
Michael Mann deletes some scenes and adds others. He also deletes a lot of memorable dialogue between Daniel Day Lewis and the British Lieutenant. He also jacks around with the music cues and screws with the pace of the film.

Actually now that I look it up there are three different versions

Theatrical Cut: VHS/Laserdisc
Director's Cut: DVD
Definitive Director's Cut: Blu-Ray

I grew up on the Laserdisc of the Theatrical Cut, and I saw the DVD four or five years ago and was annoyed the entire film.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Post by DSAB »

Sette Note in Nero (The Psychic) - a very non bloody Fulci movie. Not a slasher film by any means, more of a suspenseful thriller. I didn't know that going into it so I was caught off guard, but not in a bad way way. This is amost like a Fulci version of an Agatha Christie story played out on film, full of plot twists. Not too terribly twisty though as its fairly easy to figure out the whodunnit. 6/10
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

It Follows (2014) 9/10

I'm giving this one a 9 because while I was watching it, someone knocked on my door and scared me half to death. I haven't seen a movie that did that to me in a LONG time.
The ending wasn't so great, but eh.. nothing's perfect.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Captain American - Winter Solider - great fun superhero movie. 9 out of 10. Easily better than the first Captain America.

Thor - The Dark World - decent sequel. 7 out of 10. Probably on par with the first Thor. Both Thor films seem to drag in places.

Roadhouse - 10. Never tire of this film.

Roadhouse 2 - mediocre. Very cheaply made and cliche. Make a bunch of references to the first one, but it is really awkward when they do (I thought you would be bigger etc).
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

This is where i leave you (2014) Jason bateman, Tina fey Adam Driver
Fun movie 7.5/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

theglammerthebetter wrote:This is where i leave you (2014) Jason bateman, Tina fey Adam Driver
Fun movie 7.5/10
Wife and I watched it Saturday night. I'd rate it about the same. Not normally my type of movie but it was Mother's Day weekend after all. Got a kick out of the recurring Jane Fonda fake boobs jokes. "Wow, these are actually pretty comfortable!"...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

The Man From Nowhere - 7/10

Killer Joe - 8/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Fifty Shades Of Grey. 1/10. I felt like I had watched a remake of The Room. Written by someone who doesn't get how S&M works. Easily one of the worst films I have ever seen.
DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Post by DSAB »

pieceofme wrote:Captain American - Winter Solider - great fun superhero movie. 9 out of 10. Easily better than the first Captain America.

Thor - The Dark World - decent sequel. 7 out of 10. Probably on par with the first Thor. Both Thor films seem to drag in places.

Roadhouse 2 - mediocre. Very cheaply made and cliche. Make a bunch of references to the first one, but it is really awkward when they do (I thought you would be bigger etc).
Holy shit, they made a sequel to Road House, the greatest movie of all time?? Starring who?
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

DSAB wrote:
pieceofme wrote:Captain American - Winter Solider - great fun superhero movie. 9 out of 10. Easily better than the first Captain America.

Holy shit, they made a sequel to Road House, the greatest movie of all time?? Starring who?
Johnathon Schaech is the main character. He is Daltons son. This actors most famous role was probably in that Tom Hanks film 'That thing you do!'

Also starring Gary Busey's son as one of the main bad guys. Most famous for his role in Starship Troopers.

Will Patton (who I recognised from the Punisher) plays the uncle of the main character.

It also has Richard Norton as the other main villian, who has been in a shit load of films and TV, and is famous for being a bodyguard for rockstars.

Basically, I recognised a lot of people which I found quite surprising. :lol:

And it pales compared to the first Roadhouse. Obviously.

But what film doesn't!

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

The Wild One - 5/10.

I don't get why this is regarded as a classic. It's aged horribly. I also don't get the appeal of Marlon Brando. He's not a good actor, he's fat, has a big ass and big thighs, walks and talks like a girl and is hard to understand and he has a big head and an overinflated ego.
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

Probably better suited for the documentary thread, but Netflix has this doc called The Overnighters. It's about this pastor in North Dakota taking in people coming into the town looking for fracking jobs, and the craziness that ensues. It might start out a little droll for some of you, but keep watching. It has a weird twist at the end, which I won't spoil.

I give it a 7.5. Worth watching.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Kristi Vanian wrote:The Wild One - 5/10.

I don't get why this is regarded as a classic. It's aged horribly. I also don't get the appeal of Marlon Brando. He's not a good actor, he's fat, has a big ass and big thighs, walks and talks like a girl and is hard to understand and he has a big head and an overinflated ego.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love you.

And yes, I never did understand the appeal of Brando. I prefer Clift and Dean to his incessant mumbling.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Metal Judge
Headlining Clubs

Post by Metal Judge »

Swearnet on Netflix
4/10
I like cussing and stupid shit but this was way way overboard. Just lame, still not all the way done with it.
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote:

And yes, I never did understand the appeal of Brando. I prefer Clift and Dean to his incessant mumbling.
trying to picture montgomery clift as don corleone and I am lmao!
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote:

Clift's alright, but he's hard to understand too sometimes. James is dreamy. :mrgreen:
jodi2
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by jodi2 »

I'm glad I'm not the only one that disliked this "classic". I'd much rather watch Richard Harris or Laurence Olivier.
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

Maybe it was better in the 50's. Or maybe I just don't understand motorcycle gangs or their sense of humor...or their affinity for women's headwear.
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

pick your poison. different strokes for different folks.

Brando looks like he could kick james dean and montgomery clift's asses at the same time. And despite his fall from grace, he had some awesome roles in his career. Watch On the Waterfront, and tell me the man can't act.

James Dean had better hair tho, I'll give him that, but he was also an idiot that died an unnecessary death. We'll never know what kind of actor he would have become. Clift was an immense talent, and a sad story, but I don't know if it's as sad as being in The Island of Dr. Moreau.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

Please. :roll: Stay Puft would have a heart attack with the slightest exertion.

Though, he does look in good shape in that pic. Must've been ordered to lay off the doughnuts.

I've only seen Clift in Suddenly, Last Summer, and he was good in that.
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

you might be surprised how shitty james dean would have looked had he been able to make it out of his early 20s.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

He would've aged just fine. Don't talk smack about Jimmy, or I'll kick your ass. :mrgreen:
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

we'll never know, i guess. you might find it interesting that brando was one of dean's favorite actors and a huge inspiration for him.

please dont kick my ass. :wink:
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Post by DSAB »

Metal Judge wrote:Swearnet on Netflix
4/10
I like cussing and stupid shit but this was way way overboard. Just lame, still not all the way done with it.
Damn. So nothing cool from the TPB era in this one ?
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

Yeah, I know. I don't understand why.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Guardians of the Galaxy - 9. Remember seeing the trailers for this last year and not being impressed. Glad I got to final watch it, as it was a lot of fun.

Avengers - Age of Ultron - 8.

SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Five Broken Cameras (2011) - 9/10.

Amazing documentary by a Palestinian camera man from the West Bank village of Bil'in. It shows the efforts of peaceful protests against Israeli occupation and the treatment at the hands of Israeli military.

This may drastically change your take on the settlement policies or support for rightwing Israeli politics in general. Not for the squeamish, there's graphic footage including deaths and violence against children.

Despite all the absolutely depressing injustice and oppression, it still manages to be somehow uplifting. It's fantastic. I think it even got an Oscar nomination.