Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

monkeyboy32
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by monkeyboy32 »

Watched Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! last night. .5/10 if we're judging it as a cinematic work of quality. It's worse than sharknado 2 but still awesomely bad and the ending was so over the top stupid yet so fun. I'll give it a 7/10 on the fun scale. Could've gotten an 8/10 if they had a gruesome death scene for that cunt Ann Coulter. I'm already waiting for Sharknado 4
Rubberpigg
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by Rubberpigg »

Slow West
6/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3205376/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_9

Disappointing.
I was expecting something better.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

Antman

8.5/10

A pretty solid Marvel flick. Much better than anticipated. As usual in Marvel flicks, the casting is pretty much right on. Michael Douglas perfect as an older Hank Pym, Paul Rudd is good, Michael Pena is really funny.

Trainwreck

8/10

Also a very funny movie. Wasn't much of a fan of Amy Schumer but she was good in this.

Amy

8/10

This movie, about Amy Winehouse, was made up of home movies and commentary over top by friends, family, and profressionals. I couldn't tell you another song by Amy other than Rehab and knew nothing about her. Interesting story in that people knew she had issues but it took a while for her supports to get on the same page with helping her. Her parents don't come across the best in this movie, downplaying her bulemia and dependency issues. Worth seeing for how fame, family issues, and dependency took it's toll on Amy.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

The Guitar (2008) - 4/10.

Saffron Burrows is normally very hot. She plays disgusting cancer victim well, I guess. Anyway, neither nudity or blatant FML message could make this cool for me, which is an art in itself, seeing how that's all I'm looking for in shitty movies. Whatever, don't bother.

Spartacus (1960) - 7/10.

Good shit. I rarely have the attention span for old-ass Epics, but this is nice stuff. I've never seen the meme movies/shows, I don't know what This is Sparta means to faggots, but this got Jean Simmons (shh, Roadtard!), Charles Laughton, Ustinov, Olivier, and it never feels like three fucking hours.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:
Spartacus (1960) - 7/10.

Good shit. I rarely have the attention span for old-ass Epics, but this is nice stuff. I've never seen the meme movies/shows, I don't know what This is Sparta means to faggots, but this got Jean Simmons (shh, Roadtard!), Charles Laughton, Ustinov, Olivier, and it never feels like three fucking hours.
I would add two points to that score. Spartacus, Quo Vadis, and Ben-Hur were the best of the Antiquity Epics of old Hollywood.

I figured you'd rate it much higher considering Dalton Trumbo's background and the screenplay's deep pro-labor and anti-imperialist tone. The acting is also impeccable from everyone involved.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Home Sweet hell(2015) Katherine Heigl, Jordana Brewster, Jim Belushi 6.5/10

Lots of nudity sadly none from Heigl
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Wolf of Wall Street. 9\10. Perfect way to waste a Friday night. And . . . Ludes!!!!!
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Trist805
I LOVE BIG BLACK COCK

Post by Trist805 »

Southpaw

6.5/10. It was OK but nothing special. I feel the previews gave away the best parts. Although it was cast well it didn't make up for the cut and paste formulaic plot. Jake Gyllenhaal looked the part but had nowhere near the depth of Nightcrawler or End of Watch. Forrest Whitaker saved the movie and 50 cent was good as the Don King-esque manager. Jake's best scenes were with his wife played by Rachel McAdams and a his daughter played by Oona Laurence who showed promise as a child actress. It was more of a drama than an action movie though.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Enter the Void (2009) - 7/10.

A bit disappointing for Gaspar Noé, Seul contre tous / I Stand Alone was amazing and Irréversible worked too, but this one's over the top. It's like staring at a lava lamp on acid for three hours, while Paz de la Huerta has sex with it.

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:I would add two points to that score. Spartacus, Quo Vadis, and Ben-Hur were the best of the Antiquity Epics of old Hollywood.

I figured you'd rate it much higher considering Dalton Trumbo's background and the screenplay's deep pro-labor and anti-imperialist tone. The acting is also impeccable from everyone involved.
It's just not really my cup of tea, I guess. I love Lawrence of Arabia and that's about it. Most classics are a bit on the campy side and it somehow bothers me in historic contexts. I should watch Quo Vadis again, barely remember that one, only saw it as a kid.

I wasn't even aware of Dalton Trumbo, but you're right, he sounds like a dude after my own heart. I see he wrote Papillon too.
TravisBicklesMohawk

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Two films:

Young & Beautiful. 8/10 French movie about a 17 year old who takes up prostitution for no reason other than it being in the script. Nothing special, but the breathless beauty of Marine Vacth makes this film well worth checking out. Any woman who can make walking down a hotel hallway sexy definitely deserves a lot of attention.

Hot Coffee - 10/10. Outstanding documentary about our looney legal system. Not nearly as conservative as you might think it will be, this actually sides with the consumer and citizens in the sense that their legal rights are once again being trumped by big business assholes who buy judges in order to pass laws that protect big businesses assholes from "frivolous" lawsuits. Terrible. And tort reform is wonderful until you give birth to a child with crippling birth defects. Excellent documentary that should be seen by all.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

DSAB wrote:It Follows - the score was cool, very 70's/80's style that definitely helped the creepy factor in an otherwise not scary film. First 15min were cool, after that it was a one trick pony. Might be as overhyped as Babadook as the "best horror film in years". 6/10
Totally agree with this.

Very 70s vibe about the movie.
Very cool score.

Other than that pfft.
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

Anybody else looking forward to "The Gift"?
GroupiesInBoots

Post by GroupiesInBoots »

theglammerthebetter wrote:Home Sweet hell(2015) Katherine Heigl, Jordana Brewster, Jim Belushi 6.5/10

Lots of nudity sadly none from Heigl
That movie was surprisingly okay. Loved the ending. Jordana Brewster looks way better than Heigl.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Horrible Bosses 2 (2014) - 7/10. I barely remember the first one, but this was pretty funny. Charlie Day's shtick is obviously very limited, but I like it.

The Interview - 5/10. Political humor never works done dumb like this, but I expected worse. Lizzy Caplan is dreamy.

Gazpacho wrote:
DSAB wrote:It Follows - the score was cool, very 70's/80's style that definitely helped the creepy factor in an otherwise not scary film. First 15min were cool, after that it was a one trick pony. Might be as overhyped as Babadook as the "best horror film in years". 6/10
Totally agree with this.

Very 70s vibe about the movie.
Very cool score.

Other than that pfft.
I don't get that at all. In my opinion, Babadook is very good, It Follows is awesome. What's a better horror film to you from the last decade or so?
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

It Follows just wasn't scary to me at all.

I didn't hate it, I just thought it was slow and rather boring.

I did dig the music tho.

The Babadook, I went in after reading how awesome it was and was just let down.

I think I need to revisit it again.
theglammerthebetter

Predestination (2014) Ethan Hawke
Time traveling movie, great first hour, still confused about last 30 minutes 7/10

Sugar babies(2015) Movie about college chicks selling themselves to rich older men, it needed nudity 6/10
theglammerthebetter

Kill The Messenger(2014) Jeremy Renner 7/10
DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Post by DSAB »

Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead - a forgotten, post Tarantino mid 90's gangster masterpiece. Andy Garcia is totally unbelievable as a gangster BA. Everybody else is stellar. Treat Williams as the literal shit-eating ex con gets an A plus in his white power, shine box role. 10/10.
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

DSAB wrote:Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead - a forgotten, post Tarantino mid 90's gangster masterpiece. Andy Garcia is totally unbelievable as a gangster BA. Everybody else is stellar. Treat Williams as the literal shit-eating ex con gets an A plus in his white power, shine box role. 10/10.

I heard about your endeavor, some support group thing for dying fags.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Hurls34
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Hurls34 »

Haven't done one of these in a while, so I'm playing a little catch up.

The Gallows: 4/10
A short standard-issue found footage horror movie that really doesn't add anything to the genre. I think Richard Roeper was being a little to generous giving this one a B. I'd rate it no higher than a C.

Ant-Man: 7.5/10
Didn't think I'd like this as much as I did. Mixes in a nice blend of action, while not taking itself too seriously, adding some humor. I usually hate whenever a movie try to force humor into the mix, but it worked here.

Ted 2: 3/10
Simply put, the best stuff was already shown in the commercial.

Jurassic World: 7/10
Mad Max Fury Road: 7/10
Avengers Age of Ultron: 8/10
Yorgi: Now that buisness is finished, We party. Kolya!!!

Kolya: Bitches, come!!!!
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Hurls34 wrote:Haven't done one of these in a while, so I'm playing a little catch up.

The Gallows: 4/10
A short standard-issue found footage horror movie that really doesn't add anything to the genre. I think Richard Roeper was being a little to generous giving this one a B. I'd rate it no higher than a C.

Ant-Man: 7.5/10
Didn't think I'd like this as much as I did. Mixes in a nice blend of action, while not taking itself too seriously, adding some humor. I usually hate whenever a movie try to force humor into the mix, but it worked here.

Ted 2: 3/10
Simply put, the best stuff was already shown in the commercial.

Jurassic World: 7/10
Mad Max Fury Road: 7/10
Avengers Age of Ultron: 8/10
Yikes!

Completely agree with your review on Ant-Man.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Post by DSAB »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:
DSAB wrote:Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead - a forgotten, post Tarantino mid 90's gangster masterpiece. Andy Garcia is totally unbelievable as a gangster BA. Everybody else is stellar. Treat Williams as the literal shit-eating ex con gets an A plus in his white power, shine box role. 10/10.

I heard about your endeavor, some support group thing for dying fags.
I ain't no brown boy. I just took one little bite. It didn't taste like anything....kinda sponge-y.
theglammerthebetter

Junebug(2004) Amy Adams 4/10

What a bore and that family was fucking retarded
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

theglammerthebetter wrote:Junebug(2004) Amy Adams 4/10

Okay. It's enough.

This movie is PHENOMENAL. One of the best of the 21st century.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Body of Lies (2008) - 5/10.

Ridley Scott movie with Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe doing CIA terror stuff in Amman, Jordan. Was hoping to see more of the city as I'm going there tomorrow, but it was basically an action thriller with lots of political clichés. Good acting by all involved, though.

Fair Game (2010) - 6/10.

The supposedly true story of Valerie Plame and Joe Wilson, CIA agent and reporter, respectively, who got into it with The Man over false pretenses concerning the Iraq war. Or something. Sean Penn and Naomi Watts were a better couple in 21 Grams, but still great. Bitch is still hot. Again, little footage of Amman despite a bunch of the plot playing out there.

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:
theglammerthebetter wrote:Junebug(2004) Amy Adams 4/10

Okay. It's enough.

This movie is PHENOMENAL. One of the best of the 21st century.
I'd give it a 7. Maybe I just don't have enough insight into the Southern thing. Amy Adams totally rocked, though.
theglammerthebetter

Walk All Over Me(2007) How can a movie with Leelee Sobieski palying a dominatrix be so boring? 4/10
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Scary Movie - 6/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

Gone Girl 2.5/5 A glorified LMN flick. Pretty sure Affleck had a semi.
IggyPopWillEatItself wrote:
Inessence wrote:Whoa. I bought a cd of a band Iggy hasn't heard of before? :lol:
Yep, there's actually still a few left out there! :lol:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

World Trade Center
3/10
Oliver Stone let me down. He could have made an epic movie, but he somehow lost his way. The movie was lacking on so many levels, starting with the actors who were cast.
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

Summer Holiday - 7/10.

Cliff Richard is dreamy.