Macbeth(2015) Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard Just awful 3/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Ghostbusters (2016): 10/10

Actually, more like a 5/10 but I'm giving it all 10's across the internet to fuck with the virgin neckbeards who just want to cry about something.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Our Brand Is Crisis(2015) Sandra Bullock, Billy Bob Thornton 6/10
crowes74
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by crowes74 »

Ghostbusters - I'd say about a 6.5 (or maybe 7) out of 10. It was a lil chatty at times, and many of the scenes seemed laid out like skit comedy. Overall a pretty fun way to kill a couple hours. Thought the ladies all did well in their lead roles. The fella that plays Thor was kinda the scene stealer in this go round. Nice to see the old busters pop in from time to time also. Most of the ghost looked pretty good. 3D was better than most I've seen, few as that is.

I don't see why every one has been hating this film even before its release. It's not as good as 1st GB, but not many comedy/action films are. I'm in for the sequel if they make one.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

crowes74 wrote:Ghostbusters - I'd say about a 6.5 (or maybe 7) out of 10. It was a lil chatty at times, and many of the scenes seemed laid out like skit comedy. Overall a pretty fun way to kill a couple hours. Thought the ladies all did well in their lead roles. The fella that plays Thor was kinda the scene stealer in this go round. Nice to see the old busters pop in from time to time also. Most of the ghost looked pretty good. 3D was better than most I've seen, few as that is.

I don't see why every one has been hating this film even before its release. It's not as good as 1st GB, but not many comedy/action films are. I'm in for the sequel if they make one.

Saw this the other night, I'd say a 6 or 6.5 outta 10. I was ok.

Other than internet trolls, I don't think most people's issue with this movie is the female cast. IMO, it's more to do with the fact that a sequel with the original cast was in the works for years and that is what people wanted. When that didn't work out and they made it a remake with cameos from original cast, same ghosts, with the first trailer directly referencing the first movie, and using the same theme song....it hit people the wrong way.

With the original cast in some scenes, it would have been easy to at least let the movie have a connection to the original. People would have been happy to see the original 3 still alive show up in character in the movie. From what I read, the director didn't want to do this bc he thought it would undermine the female character's strength and ability to accomplish things on their own without the original male cast handing everything to them. I disagree with this and think it was a mistake, setting this film up for people to not like it.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:IMO, it's more to do with the fact that a sequel with the original cast was in the works for years and that is what people wanted.
That's what people think they wanted. The reality of Ghostbusters 3 was Blues Brothers 2000--it would've been an embarrassment and it would've been a way bigger letdown.

And the Ghostbusters 3 that finally got greenlit was STILL basically remake. The original guys were going to be mentoring a team of new guys. The treatment before that involved the Ghostbusters going to Hell and trying to get out. In other words, the worst fucking movie ever made.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
crowes74
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by crowes74 »

Ghostbusters 2 wasn't much to write home about either IMO. Didn't they have rumors of Eddie Murphy joining the cast for ghostbusters 3? This would had been shortly after the release of 2. Would put money on seeing it on of the movie magazines, him on cover with the other four fellas. Eddie may had outpriced himself at that point.
theglammerthebetter

Sinister 2(2015) Shannyn Sossamon, i remember when she was the new it girl in around 2000 or so, hadnt seen her in years meh 5/10
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:IMO, it's more to do with the fact that a sequel with the original cast was in the works for years and that is what people wanted.
That's what people think they wanted. The reality of Ghostbusters 3 was Blues Brothers 2000--it would've been an embarrassment and it would've been a way bigger letdown.

And the Ghostbusters 3 that finally got greenlit was STILL basically remake. The original guys were going to be mentoring a team of new guys. The treatment before that involved the Ghostbusters going to Hell and trying to get out. In other words, the worst fucking movie ever made.

I agree it was the nostalgia factor. GB 2 was horrible. When was the last time Dan Aykroyd was funny in something? AT least Bill Murray turns up in some interesting films once in a while.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

Straight Outta Compton ***
It was aiight. Felt like a TV movie to me.
IggyPopWillEatItself wrote:
Inessence wrote:Whoa. I bought a cd of a band Iggy hasn't heard of before? :lol:
Yep, there's actually still a few left out there! :lol:
theglammerthebetter

Every Thing will be Fine (2015) James Franco, Rachel McAdams, Charlotte Gainsbourg. Its billed as a German movie but it was all shot here in Quebec, Rachel McAdams quebecois accent was just terrible and the movie was pretty bad as well 5/10
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Pop Redemption (2013) - 6/10:
French comedy about four guys in a black metal band trying to make a farewell gig at Hellfest while running from the cops. I expected it to be more metal nerdy but while it's all right about the music, it's obviously targeting a mainstream audience, so forget about clever, subtle underground jokes.

Interstellar (2014) - 6/10:
Alright, love is the answer, according to the silly girl rocket scientist. Ruined by this mind-blowing cliché alone.

Badlands (1973) - 7/10:
Maybe the first Natural Born Killers type road movie. Sissy Spacek and Martin Sheen make a good couple here.

8-Ball (2013) - 6/10:
Bleak Finnish drama about a single mother ex-con trying to start a new life but who's haunted by her past. Unoriginal enough, but pretty realistic in an extreme, exaggerated way. Lenna Kuurmaa is shortly hot in it.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

The Revenant - 9/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Everybody Wants Some - 7/10. I guess I was expecting more. Not as good as Dazed and Confused but a worthy companion piece. R rated comedies should really feature more than just 1 exposed breast!
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
theglammerthebetter

Sicario (2015) Emily Blunt (who was great) Josh Brolin, Benitio Del Toro. Good movie but i'm taking .5 away cause of the shitty ending 8/10
theglammerthebetter

Avatar(2009) Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver. Not bad at all 7.5/10 and it looked amazing
theglammerthebetter

All Roads lead to Rome (2015) Sarah Jessica Parker, Paz Vega. Type of rom com where you know the ending after watching the first 5 minutes, 6.5/10
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

theglammerthebetter wrote:Sicario (2015) Emily Blunt (who was great) Josh Brolin, Benitio Del Toro. Good movie but i'm taking .5 away cause of the shitty ending 8/10
That was a good movie. First movie in a long time that was worth watching twice. The ending got a little silly for a movie that was trying to appear somewhat realistic.
theglammerthebetter

The Good Night (2007) Gwyneth Paltrow, Penelope Cruz, Simon Pegg, Martin Freeman and Danny DeVito. 7.5/10

This is probably the last movie i expected to hear Wait by White Lion and i timed it it played for 1.54 must have been a decent pay day for those guys.
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote:Everybody Wants Some - 7/10. I guess I was expecting more. Not as good as Dazed and Confused but a worthy companion piece. R rated comedies should really feature more than just 1 exposed breast!

I thought it sucked.

It was nothing like D & C like they claimed it was.

4/10
theglammerthebetter

1987(2015) Just an amazing hilarious sequel to 1981 havent laugh this much in quite a while 8.5/10
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Carrie the most recent version. 2\10. Awful. And we need more female directors to produce this kind of shit. :roll:
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

The Green Room -another turd imo 5/10
theglammerthebetter

Truth (2015) Cate Blanchett, Robert Redford, Dennis Quaid, Topher Grace. 8/10 not as good as Spotlight but still a pretty good journalism movie
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote:Carrie the most recent version. 2\10. Awful. And we need more female directors to produce this kind of shit. :roll:
Why? Because we have enough male directors producing shit? This is the most idiotic mindset. There are so few female directors. Because one makes a movie that is subpar, females shouldn't direct?
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Both Pet Sematary and American Psycho are directed by women, and they're both great.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
theglammerthebetter

Carol(2015) Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara. After a bunch of stinkers im on roll with good movies this week. Love scene was kinda hot , enough to make it move :lol:
8/10
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Lights Out

2/10

Just got out of seeing this. Holy crap did this movie suck. Maria Bello is usually in some good stuff and she's a good actor. Not sure how she ended up in this crap. The 2 was bc the daughter was hot.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

The Lure 7/10

A musical retelling of the Little Mermaid, if Ariel was vampiric twins who washed up on the shores of a trashy polish nightclub.

Actually kinda fun, but I was drunk.

https://youtu.be/FKBMAAqZ7no
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote:Carrie the most recent version. 2\10. Awful. And we need more female directors to produce this kind of shit. :roll:
That's what you took out of that?! :?
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!