Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SanityClause
These Colours Don't Run
Location: Finland, Greenland, Iceland, And anwhere else RPB thinks of.

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by SanityClause »

Safe - 6/10 Ok movie
Out Of The Furnace - Christian Bale and Woody Harrelson -7/10
Underneath - 1/10 Didn't even make it 15 minutes into the movie before turning it off.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Poolhall Junkies - Cheesy but entertaining if you like pool. 6/10

The Hustler - Paul Newman is awesome 10/10
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Compulsion(2013) Heather Graham and Carrie-Anne Moss

7/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
EatNails
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by EatNails »

All Is Lost - 5/10. Robert Redford, sailing accident, alone at sea.
Grendel wrote: Skip work tomorrow and smoke some meth...this thread is THAT epic.
DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Post by DSAB »

Enter The Dragon - 10/10 x infinity. Plus 12.
EatNails
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by EatNails »

A.C.O.D. (Adult Children of Divorce) - 8/10. Dude discovers his childhood therapist was actually a writer, and her bestseller is about him. Or, dude gets his parents back together after 20 years. Either way, good dramedy. Chick I watched with kept commenting on the backgrounds, decor and scenery, etc. She gave it a 'well done'.
Grendel wrote: Skip work tomorrow and smoke some meth...this thread is THAT epic.
Davina
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Davina »

The Family-10/10. Robert De Niro and Michelle Pfeiffer,about a mafia family in witness protection. I loved it.
theglammerthebetter

Rise of the planet of the apes(2011) James franco

I enjoyed it 7.5/10
theglammerthebetter

The Place beyond the pines(2013) Ryan Gosling,Bradley Cooper,EvaMendes

Didnt live up to the hype 6/10
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

Some crap about Nazis on the moon, can't be bothered to look for the title- 3/10. It was crap.

Safe Haven- 3/10. It was crap. Only half paid attention.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

American Hustle - 8.5/10 - very enjoyable movie, well-acted. I'm not a fan of Christian Bale at all, but I liked him in this very much.

X: The Unheard Music - 7/10 - good documentary about the LA punk scene and the band X in particular. Got the recommendation on Sludge, so thanks to the poster who suggested it!
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

Unrest (2006) - 7.5/10

If you want to see a pretty creepy, well done horror/suspense, you could do far worse than finding this one. Something about flicks based around hosiptal morgues typically makes for good film and this one doesnt prove to be any different. The lead chick is a hottie too.
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

Finally saw Wolf on Wall St., and homedude seriously downplayed the greatness (yeah he said 10/10, but he ain't say shit ABOUT it. This film is like the gospel, how can you keep good news to yourself?). Be forewarned: it will probably induce urges to use/abuse in people with addictive personalities, though, because there's copious amounts of illicit drugs and sex. Titties and ass everywhere. Coke and Ludes. Booze. Diana Rigg.
And not to blow all the good stuff, but for example, there's a scene where Leo DiCaprio blows powder up his wife's ass (Stevie Nicks-style), not to mention there's a scene where he's doing rails off of her tittays later in the film whilst quoting "The Little Engine That Could". :lol:
Best Scorcese thing has done since The Departed. (other than maybe Boardwalk Empire Season One, Episode One, which, technically, he directed).

10/10-----thoroughly entertaining from start to finish. I have nothing bad to say. I could have sat there another three hours, probably.
Last edited by Woosh on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

Wither (2012): 6/10
This is a Swedish version of The Evil Dead that somehow went wrong. The looks and behavior of the possessed victims was so inconsistent I thought more was going on than they intended and that distracted me from what should have been a fun slasher flick. The girls looked creepy as fuck and they acted like frenzied possessed freaks should, while the guys looked like they just had shiny blue contacts in and some blood spatter on them, and they stood around all calm contemplating their options. It soured the movie for me.
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

Warm Bodies - 5/10

The zombie-falls-in-love movie. Started out as a neat premise, although a bit heavy-handed with the allegory. I quickly lost interest and didn't finish it.

Despicable Me - Kids - 10 Adults - 1

Thought this might be kinda neat in a Toy Story type way. Quickly found out it was alllll kids movie. Turned it off.

The World's End - 9/10

Bizarre and hilarious. One cringe-worthy car-escaping-an-explosion scene. Other than that, it's Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. What's not to love?
monkeyboy32
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by monkeyboy32 »

compliance- 7/10 Not bad for an indie flick.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Blackfish - checked out on Netflix due to the talk on here. Good movie, but pretty bleak. 9 outta 10.

Maniac (remake) - Some hate it, but I loved it. Looked good, Great practical gore effects. Cool POV shooting. Loved the synth heavy, Goblin-like score too. Cool nod to Silence Of The Lambs in the scene at the punk chick's apt as well. 8.5 outta 10.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Ain't Them Bodies Saints 10/10 The year's most underrated movie.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Hurls34

Post by Hurls34 »

Before I forget:
Hurls34's worst movies of 2013

#1. The Councilor
I never thought a movie with this strong of a cast, could make this much of a turd. It was like hopping into a high performance sports car that went absolutely nowhere. Long, drawn out and just plain dull. Easily the worst movie of the year for me.

#2. Lords of Salem
This actually should take the top spot as the worst hunk of shit to hit the big screen, but ya already knew this was gonna be bad heading in, so your expectations are somewhat tempered - but boy did this really suck. Rob Zombie's wife flat out can't act (and I'm being nice) and she's the lead. And the monster/demon is downright laughable. Would make for a good MST3K movie.

#3. The Purge
The Purge was one of those movies that tries to carry a message, but the message is a moot point to begin with. There was a lot not to like here. The entire family were morons who brought everything onto themselves. But the breaking point for me came when the dad had to apologize to the daughter for defending himself in his own home. I think I actually blurted out "THIS IS STUPID!" when that part happened. Also if I was the dad I would have given the Purgers my bonehead son in addition to the intruder as a bonus because he caused the entire mess.

#4. World War Z
I just couldn't get into this one for some reason. Outside of the original Dawn of the Dead and Zombie Nightmare, I find Zombie movies boring (this includes all Rob Zombie movies as well). I tried to suspend my disbelief, but I walked out after the plan crash. NOBODY SURVIVES A PLAN CRASH!

#5. Good Day To Die Hard
This movie was the biggest disappointment of the year for me. I'm a big fan of all the Die Hard movies. I still remember leaving the theater after seeing the first physically exhausted, that's how good it was. And the sequels were pretty good follow-ups as well. Live Free of Die Hard was arguably the second best of the bunch, so I had high hopes heading in, but this one just wasn't up to snuff. Richard Roeper said it best: "It isn't as much a Die Hard sequel as much as it is just a bad Bruce Willis movie. I recently re-watched it, and it is still watchable, but a shadow of its former self.

Honorable Mention: Black Rock
Think Southern Comfort and/or Surviving the Game, with chicks - only not as good and you have Black Rock.
Yorgi: Now that buisness is finished, We party. Kolya!!!

Kolya: Bitches, come!!!!
Hurls34

Post by Hurls34 »

Fletch wrote:Unrest (2006) - 7.5/10

If you want to see a pretty creepy, well done horror/suspense, you could do far worse than finding this one. Something about flicks based around hosiptal morgues typically makes for good film and this one doesnt prove to be any different. The lead chick is a hottie too.

I remember this one.

For me, the opening scene was pretty effective and although the rest of the film kinda pales in comparison. But I still think it was one of/if not the best of the 2006 afterdark movies.
Yorgi: Now that buisness is finished, We party. Kolya!!!

Kolya: Bitches, come!!!!
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

Caught Wolf of Wall Street and Inside Llewyn Davis today. Both definitely worth checking out.

WOWS 8/10
ILD 8/10
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
ratt_gang_member
Headlining Clubs

Post by ratt_gang_member »

Woosh wrote:Finally saw Wolf on Wall St., and homedude seriously downplayed the greatness (yeah he said 10/10, but he ain't say shit ABOUT it. This film is like the gospel, how can you keep good news to yourself?). Be forewarned: it will probably induce urges to use/abuse in people with addictive personalities, though, because there's copious amounts of illicit drugs and sex. Titties and ass everywhere. Coke and Ludes. Booze. Diana Rigg.
And not to blow all the good stuff, but for example, there's a scene where Leo DiCaprio blows powder up his wife's ass (Stevie Nicks-style), not to mention there's a scene where he's doing rails off of her tittays later in the film whilst quoting "The Little Engine That Could". :lol:
Best Scorcese thing has done since The Departed. (other than maybe Boardwalk Empire Season One, Episode One, which, technically, he directed).

10/10-----thoroughly entertaining from start to finish. I have nothing bad to say. I could have sat there another three hours, probably.
Well said, Woosh. Sorry I didn't properly review it. I saw it again a few days later. It was a 10/10 second time around too. I work in sales; now all I think about is cocaine and hookers...
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Anti Christ (2009) - never heard of it until I read the reviews on here so I checked it out - no clue what I just watched. Disturbing? Boring? Disturbingly boring? The use of the power tool was a nice touch. The clit scene was not. 4/10. Minus one for having the ugliest lead female this side of Shelley Duvall.
TravisBicklesMohawk

Paranormal Activity 5 - The Marked Ones. 7/10 Decent film. Not a fan of the first two PA films, but I did like the way it incorporated all of the other films into this one.

Plus . . . witches!!! 8)
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:Blackfish - checked out on Netflix due to the talk on here. Good movie, but pretty bleak. 9 outta 10.
9/10 and you mentioned the movie was bleak?
Interesting.

I'd say the documentary was very eye opening.
Of course Execs from Sea World refused to be interviewed for the film.
Why? Bottom dollar. Better to deny than admit they have made major
mistakes and cost lives.
TravisBicklesMohawk

Machado wrote:
John Simon Ritchie wrote:Blackfish - checked out on Netflix due to the talk on here. Good movie, but pretty bleak. 9 outta 10.
Interesting.

mistakes and cost lives.

Machado, do a search as there is an awesome Blackfish thread floating around here somewhere.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
LouDoo
Platinum Artist

Post by LouDoo »

Machado wrote:
Interesting.

mistakes and cost lives.
Bleak = good for me, usually, too.

We Have To Talk About Kevin is one I really loved, but it's fucking BLEAK.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:The sounds of that album gives me the brutal shits.
ImageImage
MisterSinister
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by MisterSinister »

Heavy Metal 2000 = 3 out of 5

Good music, ok sci fi story, kind of crappy acting, 90's tv quality animation, definitely doesn't compare to the original Heavy Metal movie.
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

MisterSinister wrote:Heavy Metal 2000 = 3 out of 5

Good music, ok sci fi story, kind of crappy acting, 90's tv quality animation, definitely doesn't compare to the original Heavy Metal movie.
Agreed. Would have been better off making a film of the real Julie Strain walking around naked, with her big titties and huge bush sticking out. Would have been a lot more memorable.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

Watched a ton of screeners today.

The Butler - 7/10 - contrived and convenient parallel story. Based on true events seems to easy.

Nebraska - 6/10 - overrated. Was decent, but not oscar material.

The Bling Ring - 7/10 - I liked it. Not the best movie, but entertaining.

Wolf Of Wall Street - 8/10 - I really liked it. Too long in hindsight, but the 3 hours flew by when watching it.

American Hustle - 6/10 - Wanted it to be better than it was.