Dump Shithole

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

poisonheart
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: President Trump

Post by poisonheart »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Where'd your sig pic go?
cantsaveface wrote:Image
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

radiobed wrote:While you can surely hit alarm bells on the Trump administration with regards to climate change, I'm also hitting alarm bells on the current administration suspicious of manipulating data. It's like a spouse being always suspicious of cheating and they themself being the one cheating.
http://zapatopi.net/afdb/[img]https://s ... smiley.gif[/img]
ImageImage
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

Insiders: Trump team dangled ambassadorships to lure A-list inauguration singers
http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/12 ... /21628028/

President-elect Donald Trump's team is struggling so hard to book A-list performers for his inaugural festivities that it offered ambassadorships to at least two talent bookers if they could deliver marquee names, the bookers told TheWrap.

The bookers, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said they were approached by members of Trump's Presidential Inaugural Committee in recent weeks with offers of cash or even plush diplomatic posts in exchange for locking in singers.

The first insider said he was "shocked" at the proposal: "Never in a million years have I heard something so crazy," he said. "That was the moment I almost dropped the phone."

Trump's team has struggled to find talent outside of the low-wattage stars who endorsed him during the campaign. A meeting between Trump and Kanye West spurred speculation Tuesday that the the troubled rapper might perform. On Wednesday, news broke that Trump's team had managed to enlist 16-year-old former "America's Got Talent" star Jackie Evancho.

In a statement to TheWrap, Trump's team denied offering any ambassadorships. "There is no truth to this insinuation," said committee spokesman Boris Epshteyn. "First-class entertainers are eager to participate in the inaugural events. The inauguration as a whole will be an exciting and uniting celebration of freedom and democracy. We will be releasing further details at the appropriate time."

But according to the insider, there was no ambiguity about the ambassadorship offer. "My first thought was, 'Are you joking?'" he said. "But no, it was serious."

The insider, who has secured talent with the star power Trump's team is seeking for past inaugurations, said he "didn't like what was going on" and politely declined the offer. The conversation lasted only a few minutes, so no additional specifics were discussed, he said.

A second insider said he was offered a government post, including an ambassadorship, if he could wrangle a top artist. The insider, a talent manager, said he knew at least two other people who have been offered similar deals, but who did not wish to speak to the news media.

Asked how the subject of a possible ambassadorship came up, the second recruiter said he was offered "access to the administration."

"They said they were in the process of 'figuring out posts, ambassadorships and commissions' if that was of any interest," the manager said.

The manager said he declined the offer and did not ask which ambassadorships were on the table.

Both men who spoke to TheWrap about the ambassadorships asked not to be identified, and both, like most in left-leaning Hollywood, supported Hillary Clinton in the election.

TheWrap spoke previously to industry insiders who said the inauguration team has its sights set on top-tier talents like Justin Timberlake, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry and Aretha Franklin, and were willing to pay steep fees for the performers. Perry sang at the Democratic National Convention in July, and Franklin sang at President Obama's first inauguration.

Rewarding big campaign donors, fundraisers and other loyalists with ambassadorships is nothing new. According to the American Foreign Service Association, more than 40 percent of Obama's ambassador nominees in his second term went to political rather than career diplomats. In recent past administrations the figure was about 30 percent, according to NPR.

But handing out government posts for talent bookers is outside the norm.

One veteran inaugural organizer told TheWrap it is unusual to compensate talent and recruiters for an inauguration performance, which is usually considered a high-profile, high-prestige, patriotic gig. And the Sundance Foundation, a non-partisan group that advocates for open government and accountability, called the idea "alarming."

"It's bad policy to offer ambassadorships to unqualified, inexperienced individuals, no matter who is president," spokeswoman Jenn Topper said. "The public deserves an opportunity to vet the people who will be at the forefront of our diplomatic relations, and this alleged backroom dealing is alarming."

Ambassadors are nominated by the president, but must be confirmed by the U.S. Senate.
Trump is expected to attend three inaugural galas on January 20 — two official inaugural balls, as well as the Salute to Our Armed Services Ball, according to the committee planning the events. That's far less than President Obama's 10 inaugural balls in 2009. The Obamas held only two balls for the 2013 inauguration.

Trump's Presidential Inaugural Committee, or PIC, is having a hard time lining up the kind of high-caliber stars President Obama enjoyed during his inaugurations, including Beyonce, Kelly Clarkson, James Taylor and Franklin.

Asked by The Hill earlier this month if she would consider performing for Trump's inauguration, Franklin replied, "That's a very good question. ... We'll see."

Among those seen as more likely performers are Kid Rock and Ted Nugent, both of whom backed Trump's presidential run. Garth Brooks raised speculation he might perform when he told TMZ he would be open to the idea, if asked, but on Tuesday, a person with knowledge of the situation scuttled the idea.

The New York Daily News reported on Wednesday that Evancho, a classical crossover vocalist, would sing "The Star Spangled Banner" at Trump's swearing-in ceremony. And earlier this week, the New York Post reported that Italian singer Andrea Bocelli has been personally approached by Trump to perform at the inauguration.

But Trump's team isn't just struggling to lure singers. Many marching bands have reportedly decided to sit out the festivities. And while the District of Columbia's planners have not revised a pre-election estimate that up to 900,000 people may turn out for inaugural events, the Associated Press reports there's little likelihood Trump will draw the 1.8 million who attended Obama's first inaugural.

At least two Hollywood insiders believe another artist on the Trump team's wish list is Gwen Stefani. Stefani is a judge on NBC's "The Voice," a show executive produced by Mark Burnett, who is not only the creator of Trump's reality show "The Apprentice," but is heavily involved in the inauguration planning.

"Nothing is off the table," the first insider said. "It's like an alternate universe."

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Trist805
I LOVE BIG BLACK COCK

Post by Trist805 »

Turner Coates wrote:
Danzig in the Dark wrote: What about naming rights? The T-Mobile Lincoln Memorial... The BP Arlington National cemetery... The Exxonmobil Capitol building... #MAGA :lol:
That is pretty shitty of Trump to take credit for one of Obama's biggest achievements.
Danzig in the Dark

Trist805 wrote:
Turner Coates wrote:
Danzig in the Dark wrote: What about naming rights? The T-Mobile Lincoln Memorial... The BP Arlington National cemetery... The Exxonmobil Capitol building... #MAGA :lol:
That is pretty shitty of Trump to take credit for one of Obama's biggest achievements.
Trump has taken waffling to a whole new level and he hasn't even stepped into the Oval Office yet.
ImageImage
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

radiobed wrote:While you can surely hit alarm bells on the Trump administration with regards to climate change, I'm also hitting alarm bells on the current administration suspicious of manipulating data. It's like a spouse being always suspicious of cheating and they themself being the one cheating.
If you are so concerned about the Obama Admin fudging results, get on the internet and see what other countries are saying. And not East Bumfuckastan or countries that are dependent on fossil fuels for their GNP, but the data scientists (and yes, they do know what they are doing) are gathering and see what they are saying, what their data is, their findings, etc. The US isn't the only country in the world.
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
radiobed
Headlining Clubs

Post by radiobed »

vlad wrote:
If you are so concerned about the Obama Admin fudging results, get on the internet and see what other countries are saying. And not East Bumfuckastan or countries that are dependent on fossil fuels for their GNP, but the data scientists (and yes, they do know what they are doing) are gathering and see what they are saying, what their data is, their findings, etc. The US isn't the only country in the world.
Wow, if only I thought of that...fffuck!!!

I made a point of saying climate study should not be politicized and talk of data being destroyed is alarming. Just a comment, not my area of expertise.

Now of course the same loony bin lefties have taken that simple comment to hammer Trump. We get it, you hate Trump. No one gives a fuck.

Searching the Internet on this subject can lead you in all kinds of directions, like this:

http://realclimatescience.com/2016/11/i ... -to-gavin/

Now I'm not suggesting this is true. Point is, I don't know exactly what is 100% true, none of us do. My point is simple, I hope science is not politicized on either side. I'm alarmed of any talk regarding anyone destroying scientific studies or corrupting data.

Now you can all go about your daily Trump bashing.
poisonheart
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by poisonheart »

radiobed wrote: Searching the Internet on this subject can lead you in all kinds of directions, like this:

Now I'm not suggesting this is true. Point is, I don't know exactly what is 100% true, none of us do.
Steve Goddard? :D

Yes, we should probably take seriously the sophisticated climate analysis of a birther with a B.S. in geology who self publishes on a blog under a fucking pseudonym when it conflicts with broad scientific consensus.

I mean, he's got charts! No one can know they aren't true!
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

poisonheart wrote:
radiobed wrote: Searching the Internet on this subject can lead you in all kinds of directions, like this:

Now I'm not suggesting this is true. Point is, I don't know exactly what is 100% true, none of us do.

Yes, we should probably take seriously the sophisticated climate analysis of a birther with a B.S. in geology who self publishes on a blog under a fucking pseudonym when it conflicts with broad scientific consensus.

Stop while you're ahead.
He's a birther, too?! I missed that, pretty much have ignored him for a very long time. A fucking birther.
LJP 2002-2014

poisonheart
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by poisonheart »

vlad wrote:
poisonheart wrote:

Stop while you're ahead.
He's a birther, too?! I missed that, pretty much have ignored him for a very long time. A fucking birther.
Yeah, but he wasn't the first. Obama was!

http://realclimatescience.com/2016/09/w ... t-birther/
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

poisonheart wrote:
vlad wrote:
poisonheart wrote:

Stop while you're ahead.
Yeah, but he wasn't the first. Obama was!

http://realclimatescience.com/2016/09/w ... t-birther/
:lol:

Well there's your rigorous scientific research. And we should trust this guy with a science not even in his field?

edit: I see someone in the comments managed to work in the "Malcolm X was his real dad" thing. Which, if it were true, would make Obama all-American.
LJP 2002-2014

Danzig in the Dark

radiobed wrote:
vlad wrote:
Wow, if only I thought of that...fffuck!!!

I made a point of saying climate study should not be politicized and talk of data being destroyed is alarming. Just a comment, not my area of expertise.

Now of course the same loony bin lefties have taken that simple comment to hammer Trump. We get it, you hate Trump. No one gives a fuck.

Searching the Internet on this subject can lead you in all kinds of directions, like this:

Now I'm not suggesting this is true. Point is, I don't know exactly what is 100% true, none of us do. My point is simple, I hope science is not politicized on either side. I'm alarmed of any talk regarding anyone destroying scientific studies or corrupting data.

Now you can all go about your daily Trump bashing.
Are you 'just asking questions™'? :lol: :roll:

It's going to be an interesting four years. The denial. The excuses. The eventual shock of betrayal. Fortunately, schadenfreude will bring me some cold comfort.
ImageImage
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
Luminiferous wrote:Drumpf picks Rick Perry to run one of the agencies that Perry wanted to get rid of... He just couldn't remember what it was.. :lol:
Seems like Trump is picking whoever looks best in a dunce cap.
So Sarah Palin still has a shot at a cabinet post?
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

Turner Coates wrote:Insiders: Trump team dangled ambassadorships to lure A-list inauguration singers
http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/12 ... /21628028/
Is Vince still available?
Constantine wrote:ur a fkn degenerate,
Metal Sludge wrote:It is after all, only a message board...relax!
Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

You know Uncle Ped and Blotzer are just waiting for that phone to ring...
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Kid Rock's a huge Trumper too, isn't he? Maybe he should go if he hasn't already agreed to do so.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

cantstopthemusic wrote: No such thing is going on, idiot. A couple attention-whore "Never Trump" electors are making a bunch of noise and wouldn't make a difference no matter who they ultimately cast their electoral vote for. A couple Kasich nutswingers.

Nobody is "freaking out" except liberals.
Are you daft? No one is freaking out? Many conservatives that are having second thoughts about supporting this madman.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

One thing I was thinking about today which really gets to me... The appointment of this rogue's gallery seems to be an act of pure malevolence, the whim of someone who wants to cause harm. Take the Secretary of Education appointment. How many general population Trump voters are in favor of privatizing all schools? This appointment appeases the needs of a tiny few and especially fucks with a majority of the people who voted for him. When you think about that coupled with the idea that Trump doesn't really have an interest in the job of president, it just seems like one man's (or one man's puppet master) desire to create chaos for his own amusement. The depravity is endless.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

TenBenny wrote:
cantstopthemusic wrote: No such thing is going on, idiot. A couple attention-whore "Never Trump" electors are making a bunch of noise and wouldn't make a difference no matter who they ultimately cast their electoral vote for. A couple Kasich nutswingers.

Are you daft? No one is freaking out? Many conservatives that are having second thoughts about supporting this madman.
LOL @ "this madman."

Speaking of freaked out liberals.
Danzig in the Dark

cantstopthemusic wrote:
TenBenny wrote:

LOL @ "this madman."

Speaking of freaked out liberals.
Where is the sig pic the mod gave you?
ImageImage
Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

"U.S. intelligence officials believe with "a high level of confidence" that Russian President Vladimir Putin became personally involved in the covert Russian campaign to interfere in the U.S. presidential election, senior U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News."

So what do they call what CNN did during the entire campaign?
Kiss Crue
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Kiss Crue »

I have always considered myself a progressive but the media and supporters of the democrats have completely shown their ass.

Now they're angry and crying because Trump isn't keeping alot of his crazy promises they were totally against! A politician that lied to get elected. We've never seen this before. Clinton would never do that!

"Look even conservatives are mad at him!!!"

That's a good thing.

You ended up with a republican President who has done the following since winning the election:

- Admitted there is likely "some connectivity" between human activity and global warming.

- Said he would not go after gay marriage laws

- Has not committed to pulling out of the Paris climate agreement and says he needs to look more closely at it

- Has said he wants to keep certain components of Obamacare in tact

Etc...

Do you know who wouldn't have done any of that? Jeb, Ted, Rubio and any other Republican President you could have had.

Short of winning you ended up with the best possible result ie the most moderate Republican that could have won.

I like what he's doing with China too. They allow North Korea to exist because they don't want a refugee problem. Trumps' going to tell them they have 1.5 billion people over there and they can handle a few million more OR BETTER YET just put a leash on their fatboy in PyongYang.

Taiwan is a democracy that the US gives BILLIONS to every year but he's not allowed to speak to them on the phone? Are you kidding me? How does this make sense? China already knows the US gives this country billions and supports democracy. They're not supposed to embarrass them or something? Is this like a woman telling you you can cheat as long as you're discreet about it?

FUCK China. Their entire country is propped up by western consumerism. Why exactly are we so afraid of these bitches? It's become evident that so much of this is grounded in policy made decades ago that have no practicality behind them and no one's had the stones to change in the name of "diplomacy".
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Kiss Crue wrote: Taiwan is a democracy that the US gives BILLIONS to every year but he's not allowed to speak to them on the phone? Are you kidding me? How does this make sense? China already knows the US gives this country billions and supports democracy. They're not supposed to embarrass them or something? Is this like a woman telling you you can cheat as long as you're discreet about it?

FUCK China. Their entire country is propped up by western consumerism. Why exactly are we so afraid of these bitches? It's become evident that so much of this is grounded in policy made decades ago that have no practicality behind them and no one's had the stones to change in the name of "diplomacy".
LMFAO, before chirping off you should take the time to read up on why the Taiwan call was a YUGE fuck up and when you're done with that read why Trump will do China a YUGE favor by not signing the TPP.
radiobed
Headlining Clubs

Post by radiobed »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
Kiss Crue wrote: Taiwan is a democracy that the US gives BILLIONS to every year but he's not allowed to speak to them on the phone? Are you kidding me? How does this make sense? China already knows the US gives this country billions and supports democracy. They're not supposed to embarrass them or something? Is this like a woman telling you you can cheat as long as you're discreet about it?

LMFAO, before chirping off you should take the time to read up on why the Taiwan call was a YUGE fuck up and when you're done with that read why Trump will do China a YUGE favor by not signing the TPP.
Well, that all depends on who you use as your news source. If it is the same place that predicted:
- A historical Trump loss
- Freaked out conservatives growing since the election despite significantly rising favorabilities
- Nazi Germany with Trump
- Recounts
- Russian conspiracies

Well, you'll probably find opinions that agree with you. If you want to live in reality, you'll wait and see how this all plays out,

There is a lot of truth to what Trump says with China. Will his plans work or backfire is to be determined.

I don't agree with Trump entirely on some of his more forced protectionist policies like his tariffs but in general I agree with his message of encouraging investment in our country. That should be done by lessening regulations and providing competitive tax rates. Hopefully the tariff talk is just that...talk.
Kiss Crue
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Kiss Crue »

He's not going to levy tariffs.

Is he still using that as a posturing chip? I don't think I heard it mentioned since he was elected.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

So Vanity Fair gives gives the Trump Grill in Trump Tower a bad review.

Trump's response:
"Has anyone looked at the really poor numbers @Vanity Fair Magazine. Way down, Big trouble, dead! Graydon Carter, no talent, will be out!"
https://www.facebook.com/theDanRather/p ... =3&theater

So Presidential. So easy to bait.
LJP 2002-2014

radiobed
Headlining Clubs

Post by radiobed »

Kiss Crue wrote:He's not going to levy tariffs.

Is he still using that as a posturing chip? I don't think I heard it mentioned since he was elected.
Im also guessing you're correct, but he has mentioned it recently.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

radiobed wrote: Well, that all depends on who you use as your news source. .
LMFAO, no. The Taiwan Relations Act of 1979 would be violated if Trump had taken that call as a President rather than a President elect. There is no question it was a stupid move. There is also no question that China does not want the US to sign the TPP. They've made that clear.
radiobed wrote:
I don't agree with Trump entirely on some of his more forced protectionist policies like his tariffs but in general I agree with his message of encouraging investment in our country. That should be done by lessening regulations and providing competitive tax rates.
Good job parroting stupid right wing talking points. The United States has competitive tax rates. Encouraging investment via deregulation has resulted in housing bubbles, financial meltdowns and oil spills. The type of investment Trump has encouraged so far is job killing automation. Quote from the head of United Technologies: https://youtu.be/7q6v0yd9eRE

"We're going to make a $16 million investment in that factory in Indianapolis to automate to drive the cost down so that we can continue to be competitive. Now, is it as cheap as moving to Mexico with lower cost of labor? No. But we will make that plant competitive just because we'll make the capital investments there. What that ultimately means is there will be fewer jobs."

In other news: Trump Adviser Questions Climate Change, Cites ‘5,500 Year History’ of Earth -

vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote: There is also no question that China does not want the US to sign the TPP. They've made that clear.
I swear, most of the people who oppose the TPP have no frickin' idea what it actually is. Some of them also think NAFTA let the Chinese into our markets. Well, some of them also still blame Bill Clinton for Ruby Ridge.
LJP 2002-2014

radiobed
Headlining Clubs

Post by radiobed »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
radiobed wrote: Well, that all depends on who you use as your news source. .
LMFAO, no. The Taiwan Relations Act of 1979 would be violated if Trump had taken that call as a President rather than a President elect. There is no question it was a stupid move. There is also no question that China does not want the US to sign the TPP. They've made that clear.
radiobed wrote:
I don't agree with Trump entirely on some of his more forced protectionist policies like his tariffs but in general I agree with his message of encouraging investment in our country. That should be done by lessening regulations and providing competitive tax rates.
Good job parroting stupid right wing talking points. The United States has competitive tax rates. Encouraging investment via deregulation has resulted in housing bubbles, financial meltdowns and oil spills. The type of investment Trump has encouraged so far is job killing automation. Quote from the head of United Technologies: https://youtu.be/7q6v0yd9eRE

"We're going to make a $16 million investment in that factory in Indianapolis to automate to drive the cost down so that we can continue to be competitive. Now, is it as cheap as moving to Mexico with lower cost of labor? No. But we will make that plant competitive just because we'll make the capital investments there. What that ultimately means is there will be fewer jobs."

In other news: Trump Adviser Questions Climate Change, Cites ‘5,500 Year History’ of Earth -

Republican talking points huh?? Sounds like you're full of DNC talking points.

I stand by what I said, I wasn't parroting anyone. You feel free to keep telling us about the eventual collapse of Trump/markets/US, you've only been wrong about everything for about a year now. Why stop now!!