Dump Shithole

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: President Trump

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

brotherplanet wrote:It's a sad day when the Russians have to expose the fact that Hilarity and the DNC conspired to rig the primaries against Bernie Sanders, when our own reporters should have been investigating this for themselves.
Our own reporters should've been hacking into the DNC's emails? :?
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

I'm afraid birthergoof is going to have resign himself to the notion that his precious Trump vote went toward our new overlord by proxy, Vladdy boy. Welcome to the United States of Western Crimea! Good job!
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Trist805
I LOVE BIG BLACK COCK

Post by Trist805 »

exitflagger wrote:I'm afraid birthergoof is going to have resign himself to the notion that his precious Trump vote went toward our new overlord by proxy, Vladdy boy. Welcome to the United States of Western Crimea! Good job!
Ironman
Creaton Tard

Post by Ironman »

Even after a month and a half, I still smile with pride and excitement every time I realize that he actually WON, in light of so many in public position, media outlets, and even many notable people in his own party, were vocal with how they were against him

Yet he smeared a big ol Mexican turd in their face, stayed true to his politically incorrect, push-forward, America first style, and people responded .....and now he holds the most powerful single position in the free world

Go Trump !!!!
RPB wrote:Oh, shut the fuck up already.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Ironman wrote:Even after a month and a half, I still smile with pride and excitement every time I realize that he actually WON, in light of so many in public position, media outlets, and even many notable people in his own party, were vocal with how they were against him

Yet he smeared a big ol Mexican turd in their face, stayed true to his politically incorrect, push-forward, America first style, and people responded .....and now he holds the most powerful single position in the free world

Go Trump !!!!
You act as if he really believes this shit he says. It bears repeating.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/i9tog6/th ... t-election
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Turner Coates wrote:For a price, you too can buy access to Team Trump
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... a_20161220

By all accounts, Ivanka Trump will not be a typical presidential daughter. She’ll reportedly have a White House office, which she’ll be able to use to advocate for policies – a step she’s already taken with preliminary calls to Republican members of Congress. This follows a series of meetings Ivanka Trump has joined with her father, foreign leaders, domestic business leaders, and prospective cabinet members.

With this in mind, when Ivanka auctioned a lunch with her for tens of thousands of dollars, it raised eyebrows. Though the charitable auction was eventually scrapped, for a time, it appeared Donald Trump’s daughter was putting a high price on access to an influential member of the incoming president’s orbit.

This week, it’s apparently Ivanka’s brothers’ turn. Time magazine, among others, reported:

A new Texas nonprofit led by Donald Trump’s grown sons is offering access to the freshly-minted president during inauguration weekend – all in exchange for million-dollar donations to unnamed “conservation” charities, according to interviews and documents reviewed by the Center for Public Integrity.

And the donors’ identities may never be known.

Prospective million-dollar donors to the “Opening Day 2017” event – slated for Jan. 21, the day after inauguration, at Washington, D.C.’s Walter E. Washington Convention Center – receive a “private reception and photo opportunity for 16 guests with President Donald J. Trump,” a “multi-day hunting and/or fishing excursion for 4 guests with Donald Trump, Jr. and/or Eric Trump, and team,” as well as tickets to other events and “autographed guitars by an Opening Day 2017 performer.”

The prices aren’t cheap. For $250,000, donors can receive a “private reception and photo opportunity” with Donald Trump himself. To hunt with Trump’s adult sons, donors should expect to write a check for $500,000.

The details are murky, but according to the event management company helping oversee the fundraising, the money will go towards “conservation efforts.” There would be no legal requirement to disclose the donors’ names to the public.

In other words, on Jan. 20, Trump will be inaugurated. On Jan. 21, you can pony up some big bucks to hang out with the new president’s adult sons – who will apparently oversee Trump’s business empire – and no one will know it was you who bought the access.

All of this, of course, comes on the heels of additional fundraising – and additional access-at-a-cost efforts – from Trump’s inaugural committee. The Washington Post reported a few weeks ago:

The committee raising money for President-elect Donald Trump’s inaugural festivities is offering exclusive access to the new president, Cabinet nominees and congressional leaders in exchange for donations of $1 million and more.

For seven-figure contributions, Trump’s richest supporters will get a slew of special perks during the inauguration weekend, including eight tickets to a “candlelight dinner” that will feature “special appearances” by Trump, his wife, Melania, Vice President-elect Mike Pence and his wife, Karen, according to a sheet detailing “underwriter package benefits” obtained by The Washington Post. The 58th Presidential Inaugural Committee confirmed the authenticity of the donor brochure, which was first reported by the Center for Public Integrity.

Other million-donor benefits include an exclusive lunch “with select Cabinet appointees and House and Senate leadership,” four tickets to “an intimate dinner” with the Pences, eight tickets to a lunch with “the ladies of the first families,” eight tickets and premier access to the inaugural ball and priority booking at “Premier Inaugural Hotel(s).”

You can just hear the water being drained from the swamp, can’t you?

Trump’s team and its allies tend to respond to criticisms like these by pointing out that every modern president, from both parties, has had an inaugural committee that has done fundraising like this, and it’s just how things tend to work in Washington, D.C. And as pro-Trump arguments go, this defense at least has the benefit of being true.

But let’s not miss the forest for the trees: Trump ran on an anti-establishment platform, vowing to undo the business-as-usual norms in the nation’s capital. Trump, positioning himself as a faux-populist, said he was disgusted by what he saw as routine corruption, and the crushing influence of special interests, who could buy access with a hefty check. “Pay to play,” Trump effectively told voters, was one of the ugliest phrases in the political lexicon.

Paul Waldman added this morning, “You may recall how outraged Trump and pretty much every other Republican were at the idea that the Clinton Foundation – which actually does good work – could receive a large contribution from a donor who might at some later point have a meeting with the secretary of state. They described this as the absolute height of corruption, insider dealing so vile as to demand that Clinton be jailed at the earliest possible opportunity.”

And yet, here we are, watching leading members of Team Trump put a generous price on access to themselves, and engaging in the exact behavior the president-elect condemned as a candidate in the very recent past.
Aside from the revolting notion of all of that (and how does Donald have time for this stuff?), it's disgusting that his kids now think they're in on government activity. That's not how any of this works. If this all goes south, you can bet his kids are gonna go down with the ship as well.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Ironman wrote:Even after a month and a half, I still smile with pride and excitement every time I realize that he actually WON, in light of so many in public position, media outlets, and even many notable people in his own party, were vocal with how they were against him

Go Trump !!!!
When the shit hits the fan, will you be willing to share the blame with him?

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

TenBenny wrote:Aside from the revolting notion of all of that (and how does Donald have time for this stuff?), it's disgusting that his kids now think they're in on government activity. That's not how any of this works. If this all goes south, you can bet his kids are gonna go down with the ship as well.
It looks like Trump and his family have a new headquarters for their brand. I guess they'll rely on their staff to deal with all the political bullshit.

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Trist805 wrote:
exitflagger wrote:I'm afraid birthergoof is going to have resign himself to the notion that his precious Trump vote went toward our new overlord by proxy, Vladdy boy. Welcome to the United States of Western Crimea! Good job!
This is a very scary thought, and with Putin you never know whether or not he might actually do something like this, and you want to post it like it's no big deal? Oooookay...

Just a thought.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Turner Coates wrote:
TenBenny wrote:Aside from the revolting notion of all of that (and how does Donald have time for this stuff?), it's disgusting that his kids now think they're in on government activity. That's not how any of this works. If this all goes south, you can bet his kids are gonna go down with the ship as well.
It looks like Trump and his family have a new headquarters for their brand. I guess they'll rely on their staff to deal with all the political bullshit.
It's amazing that not one of them thought, "Wait a minute, I can't just show up and now all of a sudden I'm in politics." These folks are feeling mighty bold. Trump is not a king, but I suspect he believes he's now building a kingdom for his children.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

TenBenny wrote: It's amazing that not one of them thought, "Wait a minute, I can't just show up and now all of a sudden I'm in politics." These folks are feeling mighty bold. Trump is not a king, but I suspect he believes he's now building a kingdom for his children.
My opinion is that everything Trump does in life is intended to nurture and expand a dynasty. I do not believe he spends a single minute fretting or worrying about anyone besides his family and trusted minions. I just wonder how far he'll actually go when it comes to throwing his weight around. Hopefully he won't damage the planet or mankind too much.

But hey, enough of my yakkin'. What do you say? Let's boogie!

TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Turner Coates wrote:
TenBenny wrote: It's amazing that not one of them thought, "Wait a minute, I can't just show up and now all of a sudden I'm in politics." These folks are feeling mighty bold. Trump is not a king, but I suspect he believes he's now building a kingdom for his children.
My opinion is that everything Trump does in life is intended to nurture and expand a dynasty. I do not believe he spends a single minute fretting or worrying about anyone besides his family and trusted minions. I just wonder how far he'll actually go when it comes to throwing his weight around. Hopefully he won't damage the planet or mankind too much.

But hey, enough of my yakkin'. What do you say? Let's boogie!
Well, that's the thing, right? We really can't expect the supporters to break free of the spell or the members of Trump's party to drop the protective wall around him. Many people around the world may have to just ride out four years and hope Donald Trump simply doesn't cause any damage.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

brotherplanet wrote: It's a sad day when the Russians have to expose the fact that Hilarity and the DNC conspired to rig the primaries against Bernie Sanders, when our own reporters should have been investigating this for themselves.
LMFAO, you fucking simpleton.
radiobed wrote:Money talks, and it has spoken. One day you'll catch on to what's "said" and what matters.
Sure thing dumb ass. Money sure as fuck has spoken.

Rev. Johnny Tyler
Headlining Clubs

Post by Rev. Johnny Tyler »

Do you snowflakes even hear yourselves?

"This IS GOING TO BE terrible!"
"We WILL BE in trouble!"
"The shit WIL HIT the fan!"
"Trump supporters WILL TAKE it up the ass!"
"You WILL SEE how bad things WILL BE!"
"Trump WILL SELL OUT America!"
"The sky WILL FALL!"

WTF?!?! Really? Are you snowflakes really quivering in your footie pajamas like this?
Fucking Henny Pennys! LOL! Bunch of whiny chicken shits! NOTHING BAD HAS HAPPENED! Stock market is UP! What a bunch of sore, chaffed-ass losers you are! OMG!
Here! Hope this helps you, pussies!
Hollywood's Burning
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Hollywood's Burning »

Rev. Johnny Tyler wrote: WTF?!?! Really? Are you snowflakes really quivering in your footie pajamas like this?
Fucking Henny Pennys! LOL! Bunch of whiny chicken shits! NOTHING BAD HAS HAPPENED! Stock market is UP! What a bunch of sore, chaffed-ass losers you are! OMG!
Trump isn't the President yet, you fucking halfwit.
Rev. Johnny Tyler
Headlining Clubs

Post by Rev. Johnny Tyler »

Hollywood's Burning wrote:
Rev. Johnny Tyler wrote: WTF?!?! Really? Are you snowflakes really quivering in your footie pajamas like this?
Trump isn't the President yet, you fucking halfwit.
No shit, snowflake! That's my point!
The guy isn't even HNIC and you are all scared and shaking about what "will happen" when he takes charge. You have no idea. You are just SCARED LITTLE PUSSIES!

You have two choices... Sit and wait to see what Trump will do or sit IN FEAR and wait to see what Trump will do. You chose to sit in unsubstantiated fear. You are afraid of things that don't even exist, Henny Penny. Run to your safe space and manage your grief and fear, weirdo.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

Seriously, what's up with the whole snowflake thing? Is that supposed to be an insult? It makes no sense.
Hollywood's Burning

Post by Hollywood's Burning »

Fuckwits like Rev and other Trump supporters have indeed started their "NOTHING BAD HAS HAPPENED, THE SKY HASN'T FALLEN IN HAS IT" mantras have a lot in common with the pro Brexit people in the UK crowing about how nothing has changed and people were worrying about nothing.

But the UK like the US have something in common - the vote is in, but nothing has changed yet - Obama is still President and the UK is still in the EU - but now people are praising the status quo that they despised previously.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Rev. Johnny Tyler wrote:You are just SCARED LITTLE PUSSIES!
Didn't you get a restraining order because someone called you at work? :lol:

To clarify, that's a shitty thing to do, but your history with that person didn't exactly demonstrate the "COME AND GET ME!" bravado you try to pull off.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:
Rev. Johnny Tyler wrote:You are just SCARED LITTLE PUSSIES!
Didn't you get a restraining order because someone called you at work? :lol:

To clarify, that's a shitty thing to do, but your history with that person didn't exactly demonstrate the "COME AND GET ME!" bravado you try to pull off.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
If Eddie Pretzel came around here again, Tough Guy Rev would tuck turtle and scurry off like the pussy snowflake that he is.
Fuck sigs.
radiobed
Headlining Clubs

Post by radiobed »

I've got a minute here so I want to take a minute to describe the last two significant downturns:

1. Tech bubble - People bought up a bunch of speculative (eventually worthless) DotCom companies not making any money. The average P/E ratio was in the high 20's with this stupid money. Eventually this had to burst and it did, the Dow Jones had 3 straight years with negative returns at the end of Clinton's term into W's term. Hard to put this on either president but lessons were learned.

2. Housing bubble. Actually, this was a similar effect. Shit box houses were so inflated in good areas and everyone and their brother was building under the assumption that there would be buyers. This was the new way to get rich. Money was easy to get and credit agencies were corrupted. It got out of control and this had bigger consequences because these were homes lost, not just retirement savings. Once again, individuals got caught up in the next great thing and it burst. Hard to really pin this on W and his policies. This, like the tech bubble, was going to happen once the public decided you couldn't lose with the housing market. Anytime you think you can't lose, the markets correct.

The market has literally seen many scenarios like these over presidents from both parties. I laugh when Joe claims McCain or some republican would have us still deep in a recession and that somehow Obama saved us. He has absolutely no proof or justification of this, and history shows the market always corrects back regardless of which party is in control.

Truth is, you can only glean very little from the markets. I gave you one example at how the markets related to Trump unexpectedly defeating the priced in Clinton presidency.

In general, the biggest thing a president affects is looking at his agenda and knowing which sector will be a winner. For instance, you can probably all guess that Obama, with his health care focus, has made health care sector the best place to invest the past 8 years.

Finally, I'll warn you all now, friendly advice to my political adversaries. Do NOT buy long duration bonds...please. The current climate has created an eventual fall for these investments. And if you're buying long junk in states like IL...just be careful.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

And if any of you ladies wanna buy some long junk in OKC meet me in the Ladies Room.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Ah, but wasn't this slogan the main reason you Trumpers voted for him? PSYCHE!!!

Gingrich says Trump is done with ‘drain the swamp’ slogan

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gingrich-say ... 26892.html

Donald Trump fired up campaign crowds with a promise to “drain the swamp” of Washington corruption. But former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says the president-elect has soured on that populist rallying cry now that he has won the White House.

“I’m told he now just disclaims that. He now says it was cute, but he doesn’t want to use it anymore,” Gingrich, one of Trump’s most high-profile boosters, told NPR in an interview broadcast on Wednesday.

“I’d written what I thought was a very cute tweet about ‘the alligators are complaining’… and somebody [from Trump’s team] wrote back and said they were tired of hearing this stuff,” said the former lawmaker, whose conduct in the late 1990s earned him a historic bipartisan reprimand.

Trump himself had alluded to mixed feelings about the slogan during a Dec. 8 rally in Des Moines, Iowa, part of his triumphant postelection “Thank You” tour.

“Funny how that term caught on, isn’t it?” he said. “I hated it. Somebody said ‘drain the swamp.’ I said, ‘Oh, that’s so hokey. That is so terrible.’ I said, ‘All right, I’ll try it.’ So, like, a month ago I said, ‘Drain the swamp.’ The place went crazy. I said, ‘Whoa, watch this.’ Then I said again. Then I started saying it like I meant it, right? And then I said it, I started loving it.”

Trump used the refrain throughout October, and has reprised it at every stop on his “Thank You” tour. His critics have taken to repurposing it to attack the president-elect’s choices of prominent bankers for his Cabinet, arguing that he is not draining the swamp so much as bringing in different alligators.

Gingrich told NPR that Trump was shedding some of his campaign language — including a prominent threat to jail Hillary Clinton — now that he has won.

“I’ve noticed on a couple of fronts, like people chanting ‘lock her up,’ that he’s in a different role now and maybe he feels that as president, as the next president of the United States, that he should be marginally more dignified than talking about alligators in swamps,” the former lawmaker said.

Gingrich said he himself was fond of the imagery, but “he is my leader and if he decides to drop the swamp and the alligator, I will drop the swamp and the alligator.”

While it’s closely associated with Trump, the phrase appears to have entered the 2016 presidential lexicon in October 2015 via a campaign commercial for Ben Carson.

But it has bipartisan pedigree. Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi promised in the run-up to the November 2006 midterms that she would “drain the swamp” if her party won.

Two decades earlier, then-President Ronald Reagan invoked the image in a Jan. 20, 1982, speech, promising to “drain the swamp of overtaxation, overregulation and runaway inflation that has dangerously eroded our free way of life.”

In those same remarks, Reagan warned supporters about the risk of contagion with “Potomac fever” and told them not to fall back into business as usual.

“Don’t let the Washington whirl or the Washington morass let you lose sight of why we came here and what it is that we’re all trying to do. I know it isn’t always easy,” Reagan said. “As the old saying goes, ‘When you’re up to your armpits in alligators, it’s sometimes hard to remember that your original intention was to drain the swamp.’”
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

radiobed wrote:I've got a minute here so I want to take a minute to describe the last two significant downturns:

1. Tech bubble - People bought up a bunch of speculative (eventually worthless) DotCom companies not making any money. The average P/E ratio was in the high 20's with this stupid money. Eventually this had to burst and it did, the Dow Jones had 3 straight years with negative returns at the end of Clinton's term into W's term. Hard to put this on either president but lessons were learned.
All you did was describe a bubble, you didn't describe the cause of the bubble. You might want to start by looking at Robert Rubin using the Asian financial crisis to pursue a strong dollar policy in 96 or 97 (he got the IMF to require developing nations to hold higher dollar reserves) and then Greenspan ignoring NAIRU and letting the unemployment rate drop to 3.8% in 2000.
radiobed wrote:
2. Housing bubble. Actually, this was a similar effect. Shit box houses were so inflated in good areas and everyone and their brother was building under the assumption that there would be buyers. This was the new way to get rich. Money was easy to get and credit agencies were corrupted. It got out of control and this had bigger consequences because these were homes lost, not just retirement savings. Once again, individuals got caught up in the next great thing and it burst. Hard to really pin this on W and his policies. This, like the tech bubble, was going to happen once the public decided you couldn't lose with the housing market. Anytime you think you can't lose, the markets correct.
LMFAO, hard to blame Bush? Bush took credit for the housing boom at the 2004 GOP convention.

Tonight we set a new goal: 7 million more affordable homes in the next 10 years, so more American families will be able to open the door and say, "Welcome to my home."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... 4Sep2.html

Tax cuts and deregulation inflated the housing bubble. The recovery from the 2001 recession was very sluggish, the manufacturing sector was shrinking due to the strong dollar policy started under Rubin and housing was the best bet to get the economy moving to gain re-election.
radiobed wrote:
The market has literally seen many scenarios like these over presidents from both parties. I laugh when Joe claims McCain or some republican would have us still deep in a recession and that somehow Obama saved us. He has absolutely no proof or justification of this, and history shows the market always corrects back regardless of which party is in control.
Thanks for another laugh. Obama gets blamed for the bad news but gets no credit for the good news.
radiobed wrote:
Truth is, you can only glean very little from the markets. I gave you one example at how the markets related to Trump unexpectedly defeating the priced in Clinton presidency.
The Clinton presidency was not "priced in." The betting markets were showing Trump having a 33% chance of winning the election. The market was going to go up after the election simply because uncertainity was removed. They would have gone up more had Clinton won. Trump's economic policies are incoherent and his promise to micro manage businesses is a threat to the economy. He has shown no business sense beyond the ability to promote himself and evade debt via bankruptcy.
radiobed wrote:
In general, the biggest thing a president affects is looking at his agenda and knowing which sector will be a winner. For instance, you can probably all guess that Obama, with his health care focus, has made health care sector the best place to invest the past 8 years.
There you go parroting some crap you read in the newspaper.
radiobed wrote:
Finally, I'll warn you all now, friendly advice to my political adversaries. Do NOT buy long duration bonds...please. The current climate has created an eventual fall for these investments. And if you're buying long junk in states like IL...just be careful.
LMFAO, already factored into the price.
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:WASHED UP
Ironman
Creaton Tard

Post by Ironman »

"Snowflakes"

:lol:

Don't discourage them from expressing their sorrow...... these far left titty babies who are shitting their diapers over Trump WINNING........it's rather entertaining :lol:

Trump, baby! Oh HELL yeah!!!! 8)
RPB wrote:Oh, shut the fuck up already.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

Ironman wrote:"Snowflakes"

Don't discourage them from expressing their sorrow...... these far left titty babies who are shitting their diapers over Trump WINNING........it's rather entertaining :lol:

Again, why is the word "snowflake" supposed to be some kind of insult? Unless there's some hidden meaning behind it, it just makes no sense. You may as well call someone a toaster or a fence.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

That-guy wrote:

Again, why is the word "snowflake" supposed to be some kind of insult? Unless there's some hidden meaning behind it, it just makes no sense. You may as well call someone a toaster or a fence.
A good of example of a snowflake is Trump. Remember when he tweeted that the theatre is supposed to be a "safe place". Snowflakes get melty when there's any heat. At least I think that's the origin. Though I'm finding that the ones who use the term now find it turned on them. They "won" and they're still whining and yelling. :lol:
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

vlad wrote:
That-guy wrote:

A good of example of a snowflake is Trump. Remember when he tweeted that the theatre is supposed to be a "safe place". Snowflakes get melty when there's any heat. At least I think that's the origin. Though I'm finding that the ones who use the term now find it turned on them. They "won" and they're still whining and yelling. :lol:
Got it. It's still weak, but I get it. :lol: