Dump Shithole

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Turner Coates »

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Aaaaaaaannnnd Bernie's back. Good? Bad? The Bernie or Busters seem to be out in full force again.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Bernie was my write-in last time, hope the DNC doesn't make me do it again.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Bet he chooses AOC as his running mate.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

I'd be surprised if his running mate isn't one of the other candidates.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

MickeyG wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:22 pm I'd be surprised if his running mate isn't one of the other candidates.
I'm surprised he doesn't return the favor to HRC and nominate her.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:49 pm
MickeyG wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:22 pm I'd be surprised if his running mate isn't one of the other candidates.
Why would he nominate the woman whose campaign thwarted his?
Image Image
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Mojo wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:17 pm
Good point. Regardless, I'm surprised Hillary hasn't run yet. Anyone think she'll give it another shot?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:28 pm

Good point. Regardless, I'm surprised Hillary hasn't run yet. Anyone think she'll give it another shot?

She doesn't want to go through this again. I think she's probably still not over the trauma of losing this past election. And she's probably decided, perhaps in concert with other party voices in her ear, that it's too much of a risk to the election for her to try for some imagined charmed third time.

In a logical world, she could just slide into the job. She already won more popular votes than him the last time, and her loss could be unprecedented in that she was quite likely thwarted by a foreign power aided by her opposing candidate. So a lot of people people would welcome her, and like her supporters, even some people that Trump had on his side before now don't even see Trump's presidency as legitimate either. In other words, there are several reasons why she probably should have the job. But the process is the process, and it doesn't work like that. We still have the electoral college in place, and who knows what the fuck those folks would do this time around? How the hell is Trump even seen as a viable choice right now? With all the chaos he's caused, the corruption around him, the lack of getting anything done... how is a pet rock not a better leader?

One more thing to consider though is that despite all these candidate announcements, we don't even know that when all is said and done we won't end up with President Pelosi by default. Honestly, if that happened, I wouldn't mind her just trying to serve a full term. She's shown people what it means to handle a crisis like a boss.
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Mojo wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:16 pm Bet he chooses AOC as his running mate.
He can't she is too young. Like POTUS for Vice you still need to be 35.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

TenBenny wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:34 pm

She doesn't want to go through this again. I think she's probably still not over the trauma of losing this past election. And she's probably decided, perhaps in concert with other party voices in her ear, that it's too much of a risk to the election for her to try for some imagined charmed third time.

In a logical world, she could just slide into the job. She already won more popular votes than him the last time, and her loss could be unprecedented in that she was quite likely thwarted by a foreign power aided by her opposing candidate. So a lot of people people would welcome her, and like her supporters, even some people that Trump had on his side before now don't even see Trump's presidency as legitimate either. In other words, there are several reasons why she probably should have the job. But the process is the process, and it doesn't work like that. We still have the electoral college in place, and who knows what the fuck those folks would do this time around? How the hell is Trump even seen as a viable choice right now? With all the chaos he's caused, the corruption around him, the lack of getting anything done... how is a pet rock not a better leader?

One more thing to consider though is that despite all these candidate announcements, we don't even know that when all is said and done we won't end up with President Pelosi by default. Honestly, if that happened, I wouldn't mind her just trying to serve a full term. She's shown people what it means to handle a crisis like a boss.
If you and Dmbrocker stood ear to ear, it’d be like a hillbilly blowing into a moonshine jug.
Image Image
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Mojo wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:06 am
TenBenny wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:34 pm

If you and Dmbrocker stood ear to ear, it’d be like a hillbilly blowing into a moonshine jug.
I'll take that as a compliment and just move on. Yeah, I think Hillary's learned her lesson now.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Someone I work with likes Bernies policies but won't vote for him in the primaries because he reminds her too much of a teacher from school.

There's just no helping some people. If that's how serious you take it (not seriously enough!), then you deserve the same shit America has been getting for decades now. Or an abomination in Trump.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

So the crisis at the border involves "drugs coming over the border at a record clip".

It's an emergency, I tell ya! So where is the first place he is stealing money from? Drug interdiction. :roll:
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Rorysfan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Rorysfan »

Trump - Putin must have had a lovers spat...

https://hillreporter.com/putin-warns-ru ... rope-25037
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

She lost the election to Donald Trump........ yes Donald Trump.

If there was a sign that 'Murica would rather have a lying, bloated, crooked egotistical shitbag as president over you, this was it...
Kiss Crue
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Kiss Crue »

The way to end "drugs coming over the border at a record clip" is to end the drug war.

The drug war is something both major parties in America support. And why do they support it? Because they are both corrupted parties who want as much power as possible over the private citizens and every tool available to them to incarcerate us/spy on us/harass us/create jobs for themselves/take money from those who have a stake in prohibition. And, especially, fuck over the disenfranchised.

Both parties are an enemy to the people.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

^^^ Shocking new angle from KC! :o
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Gil_Swine
Picking a Band Name

Post by Gil_Swine »

80 Years ago today there was a Nazi rally at Madison Square Garden. It looks eerily familiar to what's going on today.

https://vimeo.com/237489146

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... is-796197/
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

So according to CNN, Mueller's Russia investigation could be finished next week. Wow. That's honestly shocking news. Based on what's been said recently, I expected another six months or more at the very least for that part. It would be crazy if this was true, but I hope it is. Unless Barr is ending the investigation. Good, bad, who can say yet?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/politics ... index.html
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

I'm beginning to find that Lindsey Graham has an even more punchable face than Donnie Dickweed. Pretty high bar to clear there.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

I would also like to add that, per the news stories this week, this business with DT and The Kush looking to sell nuclear secrets to Saudi Arabia is about as heinous as it gets with the whole shebang so far. These fucking traitors... and really not just to the US but to the world, which is in its entirety potentially affected.
Nitrorulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by Nitrorulz »

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Nitrorulz wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:48 pm.
Reported.
Image Image
Nitrorulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by Nitrorulz »

Mojo wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:19 pm
Nitrorulz wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:48 pm.
Reported.
Here we go again.... :mrgreen:
Stoner
Queen Bee

Post by Stoner »

Mojo wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:42 am
Stoner wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:46 am You gonna help me get him elected or what?
I am. I think he has the best chance of ousting Trump, so unless someone better comes along, he’s getting my vote.

No one better is coming along. This motherfucker can win.

I'm starting a thread.
Stoner
Queen Bee

Post by Stoner »

Double post.

Also, ......

Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Trump denies knowing his admin's global LGBTQ rights plan
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/0 ... /23675257/

News that the Trump administration is planning to launch a global campaign to end the criminalization of homosexuality caught some by surprise this week ― and, from the looks of it, the president may have been one of them.

NBC’s Josh Lederman outlined the State Department’s campaign in a bombshell report Tuesday. Citing U.S. officials, Lederman reported that the effort targets countries where it is still illegal to be gay and is a response to the recent hanging of a gay man in Iran.

U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, who is gay, will lead the effort aimed at pushing the 71 countries ― including many in the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean ― that still outlaw homosexuality toward decriminalization.

President Donald Trump, however, appeared to be unfamiliar with the reported plan ― or at least reluctant to divulge details ― when he was asked about it at the White House Wednesday.

“I don’t know which report you’re talking about,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office with Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz, who’s visiting the United States. “We have many reports.”

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Kiss Crue
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Kiss Crue »

Bernie has some really good takes that i agree with on what is wrong with everything (war, Pacs, foreign aid, corporate welfare, loans, etc...).

The problem is his solutions suck and don't work and will make all the old problems not seem so bad. Moreover, if he got elected, he wouldn't have a hope of getting anything passed anyway... and if he's like every other Democrat he won't really care because he didn't mean it anyway. Bernie's not anxious to give away his shit either.
Stoner
Queen Bee

Post by Stoner »

It's not the president's job to pass legislation - it's to influence and develop it. We elect representatives and senators to do that, or not, as your district decides upon.

The president is there to drive the narrative and be a moral leader.

You fucking know he's the one, even if it's only for a term.