Moderator: Metal Sludge

Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

lemmysmole wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:57 pm More winning:

https://money.cnn.com/2018/01/11/news/c ... index.html
Anything in the last year and a half? :lol:
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Mojo wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:16 am So Mueller says it would be completely pointless to accuse the President of anything, since he can't be convicted of a crime while in office. He makes a point to say that Trump is NOT exonerated, only that he can't be convicted, anyway. What a crock of shit.
In other words, total exoneration! :lol:
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Honestly, criminal proceedings would drag on way past 2020.

Vote him out of office. Or don't. This always was a dead end.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:35 am Honestly, criminal proceedings would drag on way past 2020.

Vote him out of office. Or don't. This always was a dead end.
Agreed there. Once he's a civvy, THEN he can be disassembled.

"If someone on this committee then starts talking about somebody's bleach blond, bad-built butch body, that would not be engaging in personalities, correct?"
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:35 am Honestly, criminal proceedings would drag on way past 2020.
I don't really care how long it takes, if he did it. I totally respect that Mueller's going by the Constitution. He has to, and he should. It's just a shitty, Monarchal piece of our governance that you can't convict a sitting President of a crime. No one, least of all the figurehead of a democracy, should be above that.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-hous ... sage_share
The White House wanted the U.S. Navy to move “out of sight” a warship named for the late Sen. John McCain, a war hero who became a frequent target of President Trump’s ire, ahead of the president’s visit to Japan last week, according to an email reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

In a May 15 email to U.S. Navy and Air Force officials, a U.S. Indo-Pacific Command official outlined plans for the president’s arrival that he said had resulted from conversations between the White House Military Office and the Seventh Fleet of the U.S. Navy. In addition to instructions for the proper landing areas for helicopters and preparation for the USS Wasp—where the president was scheduled to speak—the official issued a third directive: “USS John McCain needs to be out of sight.”

“Please confirm #3 will be satisfied,” the official wrote.

When a Navy commander expressed surprise about the directive for the USS John S. McCain, the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command official replied: “First I heard of it as well.” He said he would work with the White House Military Office to obtain more information about the order.

Acting Defense Secretary Pat Shanahan was aware of the concern about the presence of the USS John McCain in Japan and approved measures to ensure it didn’t interfere with the president’s visit, a U.S. official said.

There were discussions within the U.S. military over the past week about how to handle the warship, another U.S. official said. The ship is being repaired after a 2017 collision, and any ship undergoing such repair or maintenance would be difficult to move, officials said. A tarp was hung over the ship’s name ahead of the president’s trip, according to photos reviewed by the Journal, and sailors were directed to remove any coverings from the ship that bore its name. After the tarp was taken down, a barge was moved closer to the ship, obscuring its name. Sailors on the ship, who typically wear caps bearing its name, were given the day off during Mr. Trump’s visit, people familiar with the matter said.....
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

This thread is a shithole of confirmation bias and speaking to the choir. No Trumptards read it and learn a fucking thing, so it's ridiculous to even post in it.

Anyway, here's some more stuff:

https://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzi ... U814P2lVbs
A devastating analysis of the tax cut shows it’s done virtually no economic good
By MICHAEL HILTZIK
MAY 29, 2019 | 10:00 AM

You may remember all the glowing predictions made for the December 2017 tax cuts by congressional Republicans and the Trump administration: Wages would soar for the rank-and-file, corporate investments would surge, and the cuts would pay for themselves.

The nonpartisan Congressional Research Service has just published a deep dive into the economic impact of the cuts in their first year, and emerges from the water with a different picture. The CRS finds that the cuts have had virtually no effect on wages, haven’t contributed to a surge in investment, and haven’t come close to paying for themselves. Nor have they delivered a cut to the average taxpayer.

The negligible (at best) economic impact of the cuts shouldn’t surprise anyone, the CRS says. “Much of the tax cut was directed at businesses and higher-income individuals who are less likely to spend,” its analysts write. “Fiscal stimulus is limited in an economy that is at or near full employment.”

There is no indication of a surge in wages in 2018 either compared to history or relative to GDP growth. Ordinary workers had very little growth.

The CRS findings aren’t all that novel. The service, which is an arm of the Library of Congress, reports that the tax cuts contributed to a record-breaking surge in corporate stock buybacks, which has been documented by many other analyses. The continued stagnation of rank-and-file wages is visible in monthly data computed by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Furthermore, the GOP’s claims that the tax cuts would create an economic nirvana were discounted by most qualified economic observers from the start. (“These statements,” the CRS says innocently, “were not supported by most of the published analysis.”)

Let’s examine the Congressional Research Service report point by point.

The report addresses predictions that the cuts would pay for themselves in economic growth. These forecasts were based on the notion that business investment would surge because the lowered corporate tax rate (to 21% from 35%) would increase investment from abroad, including the repatriation of U.S. corporate assets from foreign subsidiaries that had been stowed overseas.

Among the big promoters of the idea were Larry Kudlow, President Trump’s chief economic advisor, and Stephen Moore, an economic commentator widely criticized as having a flawed grasp of economic reality.

The CRS says that the cuts produced an increase of 0.3% at most in gross domestic product in 2018. For the cuts to pay for themselves, an increase of more than 6.7% would be necessary. In other words, the report says, the cuts produced less than one-twentieth of the economic gain needed to pay for themselves.

The CRS also takes aim at claims from the Trump White House that tax revenues increased thanks to the cuts (i.e., that economic activity increased so much that more taxes were paid). The big promoter of this idea, again, is Kudlow, who has placed the increase at 10%.

Not so, the Congressional Research Service says. Overall revenue fell in 2018, largely because of a $40-billion decline in corporate tax revenue. Individuals, particularly working- and middle-class individuals, haven’t been so fortunate. Although the legislation increased the standard deduction and child credit, whatever tax reductions those would produce for families were “largely offset” by the elimination of personal exemptions, and limitations on itemized deductions such as those for state and local taxes.

Did the tax bill contribute to higher pay for the rank-and-file? The White House endowed the tax cuts with an almost magical capability to drive wages higher, estimating the result at anywhere from $4,000 to $9,000 a year per household. Those were long-term estimates, but even in the short term the administration predicted that workers would “immediately get a significant share (30%) of profits repatriated from abroad due to tax changes,” the CRS says.

Its analysis, however, knocks the legs out from under these projections: “There is no indication of a surge in wages in 2018 either compared to history or relative to GDP growth.” Real wages (that is, adjusted for inflation) increased by only 1.2% in 2018. “Ordinary workers had very little growth in wage rates.”

What may have obscured this dismal result was the spate of bonuses that big employers offered to workers, which was foolishly ascribed by some pundits (but not all) to the tax cuts. The CRS cites an estimate that the bonuses worked out to about $28 per U.S. worker. The analysts also observe that at least to some extent the bonuses reflected a tightening of the overall labor market and were “attributed to the tax cut as a public relations move.”

Corporate shareholders, however, have made out great. The repatriated earnings mostly have been used for “a record-breaking amount of stock buybacks, with $1 trillion announced by the end of 2018.” As the CRS notes tactlessly, the same phenomenon occurred in 2004, when a one-time tax holiday allowed companies to bring back earnings stashed abroad at a lower rate. That tax holiday had been promoted as a spur to investment and wage growth too. Never happened.

Indeed, government statistics show that shareholder dividends fairly exploded in the first quarter of 2018, immediately following the tax cut enactment, while reinvestments of those repatriated funds cratered. (Both figures returned to levels close to their historical averages soon afterward.)

The bottom line, then, is becoming clearer with every quarter. The tax cuts did almost nothing for ordinary Americans and may even have cost them money. The apparent gains in their income were negligible and short-lived. Wealthy Americans reaped the benefits of lower taxes and higher dividends. The cuts had a negligible effect on U.S. economic growth while depriving the government of revenue.

Put it all together and this massive restructuring of the U.S. tax system should prompt average Americans to ask Republicans in Congress and the White House that age-old question: Who are you really working for?

There's that winning I keep hearing about. Line those corporate shareholders's pockets!!!
Image Image
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

I see this thread as pure venting. Converting anybody who actually sees positive aspects to Trump is 100% folly.

I don't even have that big of a problem with true conservative politics. But Trump is not really about that. He's got a few agendas: Revenge against the democrats who rejected him and drove him across the aisle, garnering power for himself, using that power to amass wealth, doing favors for his fellow wealthy people and using his rhetoric to convince stupid people that he's the greatest human being on the planet. There's not a whole lot of constructive governance in any of that.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

exitflagger wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:26 am I see this thread as pure venting. Converting anybody who actually sees positive aspects to Trump is 100% folly.
From my experience, even having a serious conversation with a Trumpie is useless.

I am here to make fun of Trump and make fun of anyone who doesn't see the guy as a blithering moron.

I am also here to make fun of the dipshit Dems like Lenny whose arrogance and cluelessness put a retarded game show host in power.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

exitflagger wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:26 am I don't even have that big of a problem with true conservative politics.
Nor do I. But we haven't seen a legitimately Conservative candidate in fucking eons. There is nothing Conservative about spending billions on baseless, wasteful military surplus. Or using billions in tax dollars to subsidize mega corporations. Or using government to uphold theology. Or pretty much any fucking thing that has become stereotypically Conservative. For a "keep Government out of our lives" party, they're doing every fucking thing they can to be the exact opposite.
Image Image
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

What's the 'over-under' that Trump refuses to answer questions during the Debates?
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

milk-milk-lemonade wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:21 pm What's the 'over-under' that Trump refuses to answer questions during the Debates?

"That's for me to know and you to find out. I'm president and you're not."

"If someone on this committee then starts talking about somebody's bleach blond, bad-built butch body, that would not be engaging in personalities, correct?"
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Turner Coates wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:23 pm
milk-milk-lemonade wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:21 pm What's the 'over-under' that Trump refuses to answer questions during the Debates?

His base would eat that shit up. "He tells it like it is!"
ImageImage
!
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

milk-milk-lemonade wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:41 pm
Turner Coates wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:23 pm

His base would eat that shit up. "He tells it like it is!"
Plus it makes libruls cry.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

I read that Pompeo has plans to establish "alternative human rights" based on "natural law" as guide lines for future US foreign policy. Gotta somehow legitimize war crimes and back up supporting Saudi Arabia while nuking Iran, I guess.
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

He's probably going to win re-election, sorry Dems :lol:

https://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch/tr ... 2689987559
Whoopie on Mojo "I do. If you dont like it , then take your cockeyed horseface to another post. :twisted:"
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

lemmysmole wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:05 pm He's probably going to win re-election, sorry Dems :lol:

And you're probably going to continue fantasizing about gay sex all the time. Things just are what they are.
ImageImage
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

lemmysmole wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:05 pm He's probably going to win re-election, sorry Dems :lol:

Yeah, probably. But I'm not sure how his strong approval ratings with Republicans prove this? :?

Let's make a bet, Moleman! You in?
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

exitflagger wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:14 pm

And you're probably going to continue fantasizing about gay sex all the time. Things just are what they are.
And like clockwork, you've ruined yet ANOTHER thread with your gayness, you pole smoking faggot! You can't help yourself..you make this too easy. :lol: :lol:
Whoopie on Mojo "I do. If you dont like it , then take your cockeyed horseface to another post. :twisted:"
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

lemmysmole wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:02 am
exitflagger wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:14 pm

And like clockwork, you've ruined yet ANOTHER thread with your gayness, you pole smoking faggot! You can't help yourself..you make this too easy. :lol: :lol:
So easily manipulated. So oblivious.
ImageImage
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

lemmysmole wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:02 am And like clockwork, you've ruined yet ANOTHER thread
Oh no, what have I done? almost 400 pages and now the Dump Shithole thread is ruined!

RIP Dump Shithole thread. We hardly knew ye. :(
ImageImage
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Is Lemmyspole the stupidest person on Sludge? There are some fucking mental mongoloids on here, but he may be the King.
Image Image
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Mojo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:03 am Is Lemmyspole the stupidest person on Sludge? There are some fucking mental mongoloids on here, but he may be the King.
He's no Dym but he's as oblivious as TenLenny. Lennysmole.
ImageImage
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

Mojo wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:10 pm This thread is a shithole of confirmation bias and speaking to the choir. No Trumptards read it and learn a fucking thing, so it's ridiculous to even post in it.

Anyway, here's some more stuff:
Constantine wrote:ur a fkn degenerate,
Metal Sludge wrote:It is after all, only a message board...relax!
Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

BlackCrypt wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:33 pm
Mojo wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:10 pm No Trumptards read it and learn a fucking thing
Exhibit A
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Trump and his flock in London and can't wait to Instagram their minions that they are in the palace, hangin with the Queen and seeking accolades... :lol:
It's like back in the days of skyphones and some redneck getting on one and always calling and shouting loudly " Hey Cleat? Guess weer I'm a callin frum??? I'm inuh airoplane flying over yer house!!"

Not sure why Conway, Sanders and Mnuchin and his bimbo were required to be there on taxpayer's dime, but hey it's only money right? We got our paltry tax cuts.....somewhere...
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Mnuchin has a bimbo?
ImageImage
!
Insane Clown Potsie
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Insane Clown Potsie »

I'm almost positive that Mnuchin's money has nothing to do with their relationship.
Hollywood's Burning
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Hollywood's Burning »

Trump has claimed today that there were "hardly any" protests against his UK visit and that they were all "fake news".

Meanwhile, 75,000 protesters marched through London........
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

How does Ivanka, Jared, Sarah, etc...not get effected by tens of thousands of people protesting their existence? "OMG...look at all of those people. They hate us, all because of him".
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12