Dump Shithole

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Mojo »

dtmfs wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:27 pm Your a Bernie Supporter no?? I lean toward Biden a little more but I sure as fuck don't like to see Bernie getting taken out of context either and I defended him the same way, crazy right?
Not especially, no. Over Biden, yeah, but I’m not a Bernie Bro at all. My avatar, Satanist for Bernie, is a joke.
Again - you’re comparing apples to orange and acting like they’re the same thing. Downplaying Trump’s bullshit and calling the reaction to it as “taken out of context” is, again, ridiculous.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Mojo wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:21 pm

Not especially, no. Over Biden, yeah, but I’m not a Bernie Bro at all. My avatar, Satanist for Bernie, is a joke.
Again - you’re comparing apples to orange and acting like they’re the same thing. Downplaying Trump’s bullshit and calling the reaction to it as “taken out of context” is, again, ridiculous.
No I'm comparing the same exact things, both guys are about as opposite as it gets and I defend them both for the same exact reason because it's Bullshit.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

dtmfs wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:45 pm
Mojo wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:21 pm

No I'm comparing the same exact things, both guys are about as opposite as it gets and I defend them both for the same exact reason because it's Bullshit.
Bernie being “taken out of context” is literally taking his words and playing them out of context. Trump being “taken out of context” is taking Trump literally. Huge difference.
The former is wrong. The latter should be completely right, because he’s the leader of the free world.
Image Image
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

vlad wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:05 pm I had some idiot defending this, saying all the flus were named after their place of origin.

Yea, places like SARS, or Swine, or Bird, and I would liked to have seen H1N1.
Just sayin’....

West Nile Virus:
Named after the West Nile District of Uganda discoveredin 1937.

Guinea Worm:
Named by European explorers for the Guinea coast of West Africa in the 1600s.

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever:
Named after the mountain range spreading across western North America first recognized first in 1896 in Idaho.

Lyme Disease:
Named after a large outbreak of the disease occurred in Lyme and Old Lyme, Connecticut in the 1970s.

Ross River Fever:
Named after a mosquito found to cause the disease in the Ross River of Queensland, Australia by the 1960s. The first major outbreak occurred in 1928.

Omsk Hemorrhagic Fever:
Named after its 1940s discovery in Omsk, Russia.

Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever:
Named in 1976 for the Ebola River in Zaire located in central Africa.

Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS):
Also known as “camel flu,” MERS was first reported in Saudi Arabia in 2012 and all cases are linked to those who traveled to the Middle Eastern peninsula.

Valley Fever:
Valley Fever earned its nickname from a 1930s outbreak San Joaquin Valley of California, though its first case came from Argentina.

Marburg Virus Disease:
Named after Marburg, Germany in 1967.

Norovirus:
Named after Norwalk, Ohio after an outbreak in 1968.

Zika Fever:
First discovered in 1947 and named after the Zika Forest in Uganda.

Japanese Encephalitis:
Named after its first case in Japan in 1871.

German Measles:
Named after the German doctors who first described it in the 18th century. The disease is also sometimes referred to as “Rubella.”

Spanish Flu:
While the true origins of the Spanish Flu remain unknown, the disease earned its name after Spain began to report deaths from the flu in its newspapers.

Lassa Fever:
Named after the being found in Lassa, Nigeria in 1969.

Legionnaire’s Disease:
Named in 1976 following an outbreak of people contracting the lung infection after attending an American Legion convention in Philadelphia.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

We already have two names that identify the virus: Covid-19 and coronavirus. The ONLY reason Trump is calling this by the country origin is to villainize China and deflect blame from himself. It's as obvious as can be. Nobody named it "Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever" to create a political shield for themselves.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
VinnieVincentsVag

exitflagger wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:21 pm We already have two names that identify the virus: Covid-19 and coronavirus. The ONLY reason Trump is calling by the country origin is to villainize China and deflect blame from himself. It's as obvious as can be. Nobody named it "Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever" to create a political shield for themselves.
Serious question...
Blame for what?
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:23 pm
exitflagger wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:21 pm We already have two names that identify the virus: Covid-19 and coronavirus. The ONLY reason Trump is calling by the country origin is to villainize China and deflect blame from himself. It's as obvious as can be. Nobody named it "Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever" to create a political shield for themselves.
Serious question...
Blame for what?
Are you really this far out of the loop? How bout you explain how Trump is doing a bang up job on this. Using the words "hoax" and "pandemic response team". Get to work.
ImageImage
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:58 pm
vlad wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:05 pm I had some idiot defending this, saying all the flus were named after their place of origin.

Yea, places like SARS, or Swine, or Bird, and I would liked to have seen H1N1.
Just sayin’....

West Nile Virus:
Named after the West Nile District of Uganda discoveredin 1937.

Guinea Worm:
Named by European explorers for the Guinea coast of West Africa in the 1600s.

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever:
Named after the mountain range spreading across western North America first recognized first in 1896 in Idaho.

Lyme Disease:
Named after a large outbreak of the disease occurred in Lyme and Old Lyme, Connecticut in the 1970s.

Ross River Fever:
Named after a mosquito found to cause the disease in the Ross River of Queensland, Australia by the 1960s. The first major outbreak occurred in 1928.

Omsk Hemorrhagic Fever:
Named after its 1940s discovery in Omsk, Russia.

Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever:
Named in 1976 for the Ebola River in Zaire located in central Africa.

Also known as “camel flu,” MERS was first reported in Saudi Arabia in 2012 and all cases are linked to those who traveled to the Middle Eastern peninsula.

Valley Fever:
Valley Fever earned its nickname from a 1930s outbreak San Joaquin Valley of California, though its first case came from Argentina.

Marburg Virus Disease:
Named after Marburg, Germany in 1967.

Norovirus:
Named after Norwalk, Ohio after an outbreak in 1968.

Zika Fever:
First discovered in 1947 and named after the Zika Forest in Uganda.

Japanese Encephalitis:
Named after its first case in Japan in 1871.

German Measles:
Named after the German doctors who first described it in the 18th century. The disease is also sometimes referred to as “Rubella.”

Spanish Flu:
While the true origins of the Spanish Flu remain unknown, the disease earned its name after Spain began to report deaths from the flu in its newspapers.

Lassa Fever:
Named after the being found in Lassa, Nigeria in 1969.

Legionnaire’s Disease:
Named in 1976 following an outbreak of people contracting the lung infection after attending an American Legion convention in Philadelphia.
So, with the exception of:

Those are names that are at least 44 years old. I am surprised you left out Beaver Fever (just for the annoying lulz). Which is a parasite, not a virus. (Don't drink from that beautiful clear mountain stream, folks. Unless you have a LIfeStraw.)

And even MERS wasn't called the Saudi Arabian Flu. I wonder why that was. :lol: If this flu was called the East Asian flu, the comparison would be more valid.

And the Spanish Flu....it was called that because Spain was the only country to not try to hide the numbers of dead and sick. So, because the only info that was getting out was from Spain, it got stuck with the name, unjustly. Though, according to one credible hypothesis, it came from a pig farm in Kansas. :lol:
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
VinnieVincentsVag

I have suffered from “Beaver Fever” most of my adult life.
It should not be taken lightly.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:38 pm I have suffered from “Beaver Fever” most of my adult life.
It should not be taken lightly.
:D

Probiotics will cure ya...maybe quinine with your gin. Or nitazoxanide, more likely.

Or did you mean the kind that requires the little blue pill?
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
whammybar
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by whammybar »

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/18/who-off ... virus.html

World Health Organization officials warned against calling COVID-19 the "Chinese virus" as President Donald Trump has done, saying that it could unintentionally lead to racial profiling.

"Viruses know no borders and they don't care about your ethnicity, the color of your skin or how much money you have in the bank. So it's really important we be careful in the language we use lest it lead to the profiling of individuals associated with the virus," Dr. Mike Ryan, the executive director of WHO's emergencies program, said at a news conference Wednesday when asked about Trump's comments inciting violence against Asians.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Jesus, are we really nitpicking this? Non-White House officials and knowledgeable people within the medical and scientific communities are calling this coronavirus or COVID-19. The people that call it "Chinese Virus" or "Wuhan Flu" are tossing out racist dog whistles. It's that simple. There's no grey area here.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

LENNY HAS SPOKEN!!!
Image Image
NearlyNormal
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by NearlyNormal »

whammybar wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:31 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/18/who-off ... virus.html

World Health Organization officials warned against calling COVID-19 the "Chinese virus" as President Donald Trump has done, saying that it could unintentionally lead to racial profiling.

"Viruses know no borders and they don't care about your ethnicity, the color of your skin or how much money you have in the bank. So it's really important we be careful in the language we use lest it lead to the profiling of individuals associated with the virus," Dr. Mike Ryan, the executive director of WHO's emergencies program, said at a news conference Wednesday when asked about Trump's comments inciting violence against Asians.

Everybody wants their piece of the victim pie.

"Chinese" refers to a country, not an ethnicity. No one in their right mind believes that Chinese Americans had anything to do with creating the virus.
VinnieVincentsVag

NearlyNormal wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:29 pm
whammybar wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:31 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/18/who-off ... virus.html

Everybody wants their piece of the victim pie.

"Chinese" refers to a country, not an ethnicity. No one in their right mind believes that Chinese Americans had anything to do with creating the virus.
That makes too much sense.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Asspancho, the ultimate arbiter of sense.
ImageImage
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Okay, so... why the sudden pivot to "Chinese Virus," when no one was calling it that?

The gymnastics that Trumpers do to avoid the obvious: He's fucking racist.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:19 pm Okay, so... why the sudden pivot to "Chinese Virus," when no one was calling it that?

Except all those people in the media that called it china virus, wuhan virus etc all the way back in....February, but how about calling him racist for the actual racist shit He's said?? Is that really a Trumpster thing now? I mean shit theres the central park five and the way he treated blacks in his properties, Actual concrete shit. Seriously i asked a simple question earlier and was met with "TRUMPANZEE CHEERLEADER DERP!!!!" Why were those terms OK just a month ago but all of the sudden over the last 3 days it's become straight up Xenophobic? I believe someone earlier excused it by saying, "It hadn't gotten here yet" Is it really that simple??
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:19 pm Okay, so... why the sudden pivot to "Chinese Virus," when no one was calling it that?

Except all those people in the media that called it china virus, wuhan virus etc all the way back in....February, but how about calling him racist for the actual racist shit He's said?? Is that really a Trumpster thing now? I mean shit theres the central park five and the way he treated blacks in his properties, Actual concrete shit. Seriously i asked a simple question earlier and was met with "TRUMPANZEE CHEERLEADER DERP!!!!" Why were those terms OK just a month ago but all of the sudden over the last 3 days it's become straight up Xenophobic? I believe someone earlier excused it by saying, "It hadn't gotten here yet" Is it really that simple??
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

NearlyNormal wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:29 pm Everybody wants their piece of the victim pie.

*Chinese* refers to the ethnicity of people with origins from the *country* of China. How hard is this for people to understand?

And obviously people *do* think Chinese-Americans have some part in this pandemic since I keep seeing stories about Asian-Americans being insulted or physically assaulted in the US.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

TenBenny wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:48 pm

*Chinese* refers to the ethnicity of people with origins from the *country* of China. How hard is this for people to understand?
That's actually a fair point, Chinese has a different ring to it than China or Wuhan.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Just wait. When Trump is condemned for delayed action and soft selling of this crisis, the mantra will be, "Don't blame me, it's China's fault. LOCK 'EM UP!"

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

dtmfs wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:34 pmExcept all those people in the media that called it china virus, wuhan virus etc all the way back in....February
They're racist too. I know the illusion is there's this Trump vs. Media thing but it's pro wrestling. Trump would've never been elected without them. He also wouldn't have been elected had he not made a big production about "fake news." Like with everything Trump, it's a scam.

Has he been MORE racist? Sure.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
NearlyNormal
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by NearlyNormal »

He’s been driving home the “Chinese virus” tweets and I'm enjoying seeing people lose their shit because it's "racist".
Elizabeth Warren replied to one of his tweets and blurred out the word Chinese. What a fuckin dork!

In Feb 4 WHO director general said "Don't spread fear and stigma with travel bans". How did that work out?
Last edited by NearlyNormal on Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Questions:
NearlyNormal wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:17 pm I'm enjoying seeing people lose their shit
Why would you "enjoy" that? What did your parents do to you that made you like this?
In Feb 4 WHO director general said "Don't spread fear and stigma with travel bans". Hope did that work out?
Why are our Trumptards incapable of coherent sentences?
ImageImage
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Looks like old Bonespurs broke out the hurricane path predicting Sharpie.... What a petty little child some of you idiots elected.. :lol:
(No these are not photoshops)

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

There just aren't fucking words.
Image Image
whammybar
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by whammybar »

Are there any gymnastic moves to twist out of that one?
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

"I didn't do it! China did it! I didn't do NOTHING!
CHANGE THE HISTORY BOOKS GODDAMNIT! CHANGE 'EM NOW!!!!!"

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
NearlyNormal
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by NearlyNormal »

exitflagger wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:37 pm Questions:
NearlyNormal wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:17 pm I'm enjoying seeing people lose their shit
Why would you "enjoy" that?
Because the people making boring and useless semantics arguments are the same dumb checkmarks who consistently have bad takes on everything and are completely obsessed with identity.

Can you not even agree that the supposed offense and outrage over calling this the Wuhan or China Virus is fucking absurd? Especially after three+ years of hearing about Russian Trolls, Russian Meddling, Russian Assets, etc.? Only now is it that geography is "problematic"?

exitflagger wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:37 pmWhy are our Trumptards incapable of coherent sentences?

Cellphones make typos once in a while and sometimes people miss them. Spelling and grammar Nazi in the house?