A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Turner Coates »

The Liar Tweets Tonight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkU1ob_lHCw

Trump adviser suggests reopening economy by putting 'everybody in a space outfit'
https://theweek.com/speedreads/910577/t ... ace-outfit

One of President Trump's economic advisers has an admittedly "crazy" idea for how to reopen the country amid the coronavirus pandemic: space outfits.

Stephen Moore, a member of Trump's economic task force, spoke to The New York Times this week about restarting the U.S. economy, saying he's been advising the president about how "we have to really get things opened" as soon as May 1st. But how are states to send people back to work in a safe way that doesn't endanger public health? Moore offered a bit of an ... out of the box ... suggestion.

"I was thinking this morning, and this is just kind of a thought experiment because I was thinking about this — why don't we just put everybody in a space outfit or something like that?" Moore asked. "No. Seriously."

The Times noted to Miller that "well, we'd have to make the space outfits," a fact he acknowledged while continuing to spitball.

"I mean, just thinking out loud, and maybe this is a crazy idea, but instead of just locking down the economy, putting everybody in a kind of — you're right," Moore said. "You have to make 200 million of these, but it wouldn't have cost $3 trillion to do that. ... I mean, I was looking online, and there are all these kinds of suits that they're building now that you're not exposed and you're breath — kind of ventilator."

The Times quickly moved on without nearly as many follow-up questions as expected, with Moore proceeding to claim the U.S. may not be able to "afford to wait" for more testing as experts have called for. Moore did, however, note multiple times in the interview that "I'm not a health expert" and at one point acknowledged while discussing one aspect of the pandemic, "Maybe I've got this wrong."

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Donnie Dickweed: "CDC chief Robert Redfield was totally misquoted on the second wave of the coronavirus. Totally misquoted. Totes Mcgotes. Yep. Get up here and tell 'em Robert."

Robert Redfield: "I was accurately quoted, yes."

Someone please explain to Trump that "more difficult", "the assault of the virus on our nation" and "worse" all amount to the same thing. (Hopefully him being out of a job this November.)
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Well at least we're going to get some Trump voters to inject disinfectants before this is all over.

I'm kidding. Wethotspunk, don't inject Lysol! :lol:
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:14 pm Well at least we're going to get some Trump voters to inject disinfectants before this is all over.

Really. Use this:
Works fast.

vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:14 pm Well at least we're going to get some Trump voters to inject disinfectants before this is all over.

Or someone shoving a blacklight up their butt. Don't tell Heenan.

I caught that bit if his virtual rally. You know when someone says something so stupid you can't even respond?
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Hydroxychloroquine is yesterday's news. Today's COVID-19 cure, straight from the podium, is injecting disinfectant and/or bathing in UV light. I mean WTF?
Efilnikufesin
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Efilnikufesin »

That was so painful to watch. LOL I actually said the same thing to my wife "Well now the basetards are going to be drinking all that Lysol they've been hoarding"
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

"We're doing more testing, I think, than probably any of the governors want."

"I would like you to speak to the medical doctors to see if there's any way that you can apply light and heat to cure [coronavirus]."

aerozeppelin
Recording Your Demo

Post by aerozeppelin »

It's amazing watching the Trump devotees twist themselves in a knot trying to defend his latest Covid miracle cures. Most of them just say "fake news" because they feel as though they can just utter the phrase and not be expected to explain why it's fake. What's really amazing is watching people like Mr. Dilbert Scott Adams actually try to justify UV light/disinfectant injectables. I wish they could get the narrative straight: is it fake news and it's not actually what he said or did he say it and it's secretly genius?
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

When will Donald start wearing sunglasses all the time and go full Jim Jones?
ImageImage
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Anyone who calls someone else "deranged" while continuing to follow a guy who brings up injecting disinfectant is just straight-up fucking retarded.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

risingfarce wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:50 pm
Turner Coates wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:17 am Image
How any current or former armed force personnel can support this 5 time draft dodger is beyond me.

Don’t get fooled by this. There’s a whole lot of us that can’t believe what he has done.

As to his daily rallies. The audio is not connecting with the video.
aerozeppelin
Recording Your Demo

Post by aerozeppelin »

aerozeppelin wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:57 am It's amazing watching the Trump devotees twist themselves in a knot trying to defend his latest Covid miracle cures. Most of them just say "fake news" because they feel as though they can just utter the phrase and not be expected to explain why it's fake. What's really amazing is watching people like Mr. Dilbert Scott Adams actually try to justify UV light/disinfectant injectables. I wish they could get the narrative straight: is it fake news and it's not actually what he said or did he say it and it's secretly genius?
Hilarious watching Trump dismantle both the "he didn't say it" and "he said it and was smart to say it" arguments by coming out and saying that he was "just kidding" about his prior comments this afternoon.
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

And, what a surprise, the guy behind the "inject bleach" speech is a pseudo-"church" leader from Florida.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... oronavirus
Excerpt:
Trump did not specify where the idea of using disinfectant as a possible remedy for Covid-19 came from, and the source for his notion remains obscure. But the Guardian has learned that peddlers of chlorine dioxide – industrial bleach – have been making direct approaches to the White House in recent days.
Grenon styles himself as “archbishop” of Genesis II – a Florida-based outfit that claims to be a church but which in fact is the largest producer and distributor of chlorine dioxide bleach as a “miracle cure” in the US. He brands the chemical as MMS, “miracle mineral solution”, and claims fraudulently that it can cure 99% of all illnesses including cancer, malaria, HIV/Aids as well as autism.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Trump says remarks about heat, light, disinfectant were sarcastic
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz

Donnie Dickweed wrote:I was asking a sarcastic — and a vurry sarcastic question — to the reporters in the room about disinfectant on the inside... yeah... umm... that's it.... yeah... it was sarcasm... that's the ticket!
ImageImage
gruentransfer
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by gruentransfer »

As a non-American, I struggle with how many people still follow Trump and the likelihood he will be voted back in. If any of our leaders said half the shit he does, their own party would kick them to the curb so freaking fast they would wonder what happened. American politics is both fascinating and very, very scary.
You should always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

exitflagger wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:20 am When will Donald start wearing sunglasses all the time and go full Jim Jones?

Drink up Republicans. It's lemon flavored.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

gruentransfer wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:57 pm As a non-American, I struggle with how many people still follow Trump and the likelihood he will be voted back in. If any of our leaders said half the shit he does, their own party would kick them to the curb so freaking fast they would wonder what happened. American politics is both fascinating and very, very scary.

A significant portion of Americans have some degree of ignorance and/or just lack critical thinking skills. They can be gaslighted and manipulated by even an obvious charlatan like Trump. And this is one thing, maybe the only thing, that Trump understands about people. Some have wised up and abandoned him but many continue to believe or excuse every falsehood he spouts.

The GOP and right-wing media have conditioned people to think this way. The GOP is a corrupt party. When Trump bullied and bulldozed his way into the nomination, the party and networks had no choice but to go all in on him, which may turn out to be a huge mistake and ultimately their downfall (the apt "Everything Trump touches dies" maxim).
SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by SeniorGrande »

timstar78
Forming a Band

Post by timstar78 »

exitflagger wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:59 pm Donnie Dickweed: "CDC chief Robert Redfield was totally misquoted on the second wave of the coronavirus. Totally misquoted. Totes Mcgotes. Yep. Get up here and tell 'em Robert."

Someone please explain to Trump that "more difficult", "the assault of the virus on our nation" and "worse" all amount to the same thing. (Hopefully him being out of a job this November.)
The Matt Taibii of Metal Sludge. It’s just too bad that this brilliant political wisdom is being wasted upon a community of burnouts with discerning taste who worship MC94, Pull and Hear! I’d suggest reaching out to [email protected] and inquiring about fluffing opportunities STAT.

In the meantime, don't fear pal, hopefully another hurricane will be coming to wipe your community out soon. And then you can cash another stimulus check from Donnie Dickweed.

Keep the Faith.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

timstar78 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:07 pm
exitflagger wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:59 pm Donnie Dickweed: "CDC chief Robert Redfield was totally misquoted on the second wave of the coronavirus. Totally misquoted. Totes Mcgotes. Yep. Get up here and tell 'em Robert."

The Matt Taibii of Metal Sludge. It’s just too bad that this brilliant political wisdom is being wasted upon a community of burnouts with discerning taste who worship MC94, Pull and Hear! I’d suggest reaching out to [email protected] and inquiring about fluffing opportunities STAT.

In the meantime, don't fear pal, hopefully another hurricane will be coming to wipe your community out soon. And then you can cash another stimulus check from Donnie Dickweed.

Keep the Faith.
Hey thanks for wishing my entire community to be wiped out because I think the president is an idiot. Seems like a rational reaction. Not familiar with Rollong Stone though. Is that a Trumptard club that you do a little fluffing for? Good gig, bro.

Keep the butthurt.
ImageImage
Endless Yodel
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Endless Yodel »

TenBenny wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:24 pm Hydroxychloroquine is yesterday's news. Today's COVID-19 cure, straight from the podium, is injecting disinfectant and/or bathing in UV light. I mean WTF?
Trump wasn't talking about injecting yourself with Lysol.
Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation (UBI) is a procedure that exposes the blood to light to heighten the body’s immune response and to kill infections. With exposure to UV light, bacteria and viruses in your bloodstream absorb five times as much photonic energy as do your red and white blood cells.
https://riordanclinic.org/what-we-do/ul ... radiation/

Tesla was a proponent of UV light. It's old technology with a lot of applications.
In 1906, Tesla formed the Tesla Ozone Company and patented a machine with a fan that forced air through arcing coils of ultraviolet light. This worked to ozonate the air such that it acquired antiseptic properties which could be used to kill germs. When filtered though olive oil, the ozonated air could be inhaled to treat lung disease. Since this process gave the oil medicinal qualities, it was made available to doctors to treat diseases of the skin. (Ed. note: Currently, some local dentists sell ozonated olive oil for disinfecting the mouth and preventing/treating tooth infection. And some clinics use it for treating illness.) [1][2]
https://vitalitymagazine.com/article/th ... let-light/
sirrloin wrote: There is a difference between show tunes appreciation and musical theater. If you don't know the difference, you're not very educated.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Endless Yodel wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:30 pm Trump wasn't talking about injecting yourself with Lysol.
He wasn’t talking about UBI, either. For fuck’s sake. That is pure Trumptard revisionism. Hear the President say something even they’re smart enough to know is retarded, then reverse-engineer his comments and find anything they can to fit them and preserve their warm and fuzzy feelings about him.

But don’t worry. He was just being sarcastic with the reporters to see what would happen. Which is also tooootally normal Presidencial action during a crisis. It’s not like his previous comments led people to kill themselves, or anything.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Endless Yodel
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Endless Yodel »

Then there's this story from Reuters, running on the disinfectant hysteria. "An international chorus of doctors and health experts urged people not to drink or inject disinfectant."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKCN2261N7

Two common vaccine ingredients are thimerosal and formaldehyde, both disinfectants. So I'm glad if doctors and the media can acknowledge that vaccines are not safe.
sirrloin wrote: There is a difference between show tunes appreciation and musical theater. If you don't know the difference, you're not very educated.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Endless Yodel wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:19 pm Then there's this story from Reuters, running on the disinfectant hysteria. "An international chorus of doctors and health experts urged people not to drink or inject disinfectant."

Two common vaccine ingredients are thimerosal and formaldehyde, both disinfectants. So I'm glad if doctors and the media can acknowledge that vaccines are not safe.
Oooh an anti-vaxxer!

So I take it you will be refusing the COVID-19 vaccine?
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Endless Yodel
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Endless Yodel »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:33 pm
Endless Yodel wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:19 pm Then there's this story from Reuters, running on the disinfectant hysteria. "An international chorus of doctors and health experts urged people not to drink or inject disinfectant."

Oooh an anti-vaxxer!

Absolutely. Where to begin? I don't trust Bill Gates, for starters. Or big pharma. Then there's glyphosate, which is the main ingredient in Roundup. Roundup causes cancer. Glysophate is in vaccines.

I have many reasons, but that's a a tangent that I think would be better for a separate thread. I brought up vaccines, but I don't like to derail threads, and I'd like to do my part in keeping this one focused on the strengths and flaws of Orange Man/Cheeto-in-Chief. I could create a thread, but someone with more of a knack than I have for creating catchy titles could start it too.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Mojo wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:59 pm
Endless Yodel wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:30 pm Trump wasn't talking about injecting yourself with Lysol.
He wasn’t talking about UBI, either. For fuck’s sake. That is pure Trumptard revisionism. Hear the President say something even they’re smart enough to know is retarded, then reverse-engineer his comments and find anything they can to fit them and preserve their warm and fuzzy feelings about him.
He was talking about Universal Basic Income too! Takes a stable genius to make that not communist.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

"Then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks (the virus) out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs."

You're correct. He didn't mention a BRAND NAME.

Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Endless Yodel wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:44 pm
Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:33 pm

Oooh an anti-vaxxer!

Absolutely. Where to begin? I don't trust Bill Gates, for starters. Or big pharma. Then there's glyphosate, which is the main ingredient in Roundup. Roundup causes cancer. Glysophate is in vaccines.

I have many reasons, but that's a a tangent that I think would be better for a separate thread. I brought up vaccines, but I don't like to derail threads, and I'd like to do my part in keeping this one focused on the strengths and flaws of Orange Man/Cheeto-in-Chief. I could create a thread, but someone with more of a knack than I have for creating catchy titles could start it too.
How about "Made up, unscientific shit I'm stupid enough to believe "? Catchy and to the point.
https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2019 ... -scenario/
ImageImage
SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by SeniorGrande »

Trump Says ‘Joke’ Postal Service Should Boost Rates for Amazon

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... for-amazon

President Donald Trump said the U.S. Postal Service is “a joke” and should quadruple the rate it charges major companies to ship a package, but is too frightened of Amazon.com Inc. to do so.

Speaking in the Oval Office Friday as he signed the latest coronavirus aid bill, Trump launched into a critique of the national mail carrier and hinted he’d block any aid if the service doesn’t set higher rates.

“The Postal Service is a joke. Because they’re handing out packages for Amazon and other internet companies and every time they send a package, they lose money on it,” Trump said. “The Post Office should raise the price of a package by approximately four times.”

A representative for Amazon didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. The company still uses the USPS in rural areas where the sparse population makes household delivery more expensive.

The coronavirus pandemic and resulting loss of mail volume is expected to increase the Postal Service’s net operating loss by more than $22 billion over the next 18 months, “threatening our ability to operate,” Postmaster General Megan Brennan said this month.

Trump’s complaints about the Postal Service and its shipping deal with Amazon date to 2018, when he ordered the formation of a task force to examine its fiscal woes shortly after accusing the online retail giant of treating the USPS like a “delivery boy.”

The task force, led by the Treasury Department, recommended the Postal Service price packages “with profitability in mind” and raise rates on e-commerce goods and other non-essential shipments, among other reforms.

Census, Checks
The latest and possibly most acute of the USPS’s financial crises over the years is emerging as the service is delivering 60 million stimulus checks during the coronavirus pandemic and is the primary means of conducting the 2020 Census. A fully functional Postal Service would also be essential in a broader move to use mail-in ballots for the upcoming 2020 national elections.

Trump said the Postal Service doesn’t want to raise rates “because they don’t want to insult Amazon and they don’t want to insult other companies perhaps that they like. The Post Office should raise the price of a package to the companies, not to the people.”

Amazon’s rapid expansion of its own dedicated delivery network has made it much less reliant on the U.S. Postal Service, which delivered about one-third of all Amazon packages in 2019, down from more than 60% two years earlier, according to Rakuten Intelligence. Amazon’s share of its own deliveries nearly tripled in the same period to nearly half of all of its package.

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, speaking in the same event, said his team is working with the Postal Service to access emergency funding. The loan will include “certain criteria” for changes to the postal service, he said.

“This thing’s losing billions of dollars. It has for years,” Trump said. “If they don’t raise the price, I’m not signing anything.”

Trump later tweeted that he wouldn’t let the Postal Service fail.

@realDonaldTrump
I will never let our Post Office fail. It has been mismanaged for years, especially since the advent of the internet and modern-day technology. The people that work there are great, and we’re going to keep them happy, healthy, and well!